Article posted May 17, 2012 at 02:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 178

Ok, so 7th grade wasn’t my best year of school, but it was definiently my favorite. It was way fun being a seventh grader and knowing that I’m getting to be a teenager and stuff. But the thought of middle school being so close is just plain scary for me, I don’t know why. My grades were the most successful compared to last year, along with my band activities and just my moods in general. However, through all the success, I had some failiers. Such as turning in things on time. there was just so much that would pile up and then go back down that it was hard to keep up with. I learned lots of things during school, mostly how dissection works and how fun and creepy it can be, how much fun vocab tests can be, and how much I need to work on my group work skills. I would probably change many things ( not really many things.) like how much students dislike teachers for being stricter than others. I say, if you don’t do your work like your supposed to , then let the teacher be strict with you. that’s kinda their jobs, to be strict so you learn. ( ok, yeah I love all my teachers no matter what because they like me and I love homework and they are the ones that provide me with my love and also, I never really spoke up enough to get on their really bad side so I’m safe.) and things I learned the hard way, oh yes I have lots. I learned that group work is always a must in school in every class and you cant get out of it NO MATTER WHAT!, unless your like me, someone who holds their breathe when close to tears, causing a panic attack to happen and almost passing out in the middle of class. (note, I advise never to do this. I cant control it when I do it, but that does not mean its an easy way out of class. Its not.) I also learned the hard way that my little habit of doing my homework the night before the day I have the class instead of the night I get it, wont work out so well for me in the future.

And for all the new coming 7th graders, I just have to say congratulations on making it through the first stages of middle school. Advice I have to give for survival: make sure to do the homework the NIGHT IT IS GIVEN, not the night before its due. Trust me, youll have problems. And if you hate group work, prepare yourself because, you know, there is going to be a LOT of group work in 7th grade. More than 6th. And also, don’t be afraid to talk to the teachers. They aren’t ravenous dogs that will eat your head off if you don’t turn in your homework, or if you ask them a question, tell on a student for misbehavior that the teacher didn’t see. They are there to help you. if you feel better writing your problems down, then do that and hand it to them after class. They’ll talk to you and work things out. the teachers are really nice, despite what anyone says. And be sure to have fun, enjoy 7th grade. Just think, your almost through middle school with two years left to go. besides, your finally mature teenagers! That’s, like, the best thing ever I think. Well, it was for me.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I learned that I love being behind the camera and just how much work being a Photojournalist is! ( missed my second break because of the work! XD) it was super fun, I enjoyed it and I have to say my favorite part would be when I was making the commercials for everyone and then recording the interview!  Working the camera is just so much fun when I don’t have to say anything or be in front of it! XD ( I know, miss antisocial will soon get herself hurt because she cant speak up very well.) if I were to change anything, it would be the amount of time people get for breaks and that they have their breaks written down and carried with them, that way they don’t miss them. and if they did miss them, they would get to trade breaks with someone else. ( I was sad that I had missed my second breaks!)

ok, so here are my flashcards.

and i wantes to see if this post would work, so if it does then enjoy the song and thanks to http://randomrequest.weebly.com/ if it does work. if not, then thanks anyways! XD ( new to stuff like this with blogs!) BTWm this song is called Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script and it's one of my fave songs by them.

Ok, I will be honest. I didn’t’ ask questions on people’s projects, which probably damaged the purpose of the History Fair for me. but I got nervous to even ask people a single thing about their topic! ( which is probably why the whole “ antisocial” thing is a problem for me.) and I can tell you one thing though, I learned a lot about my topic. Why was the Great Wall of China built? Because it was mostly to keep out Mongolian warriors that wanted to invade china and expand territory. Later on, however, after the war between the Mongolians had calmed down more, the wall soon became a road used for trading, of which is now known and the Silk Road. It is still the safe guard for the Silk Road, but it is now a major tourist attraction. And I learned that history does have an impact because of the fact that, if no one had come up with these things or even done all these things in the past, we wouldn’t be where we are today!

And as for what I learned from people’s boards, not a whole lot because I had scanned many of them and didn’t ask questions because I was nervous to. Well, I did learn a few things about what people had done and learned some interesting things…. But nothing really comes to mind of me learning much of anything from the other students boards. I barely looked at boards and pretty much did nothing but walk around and move my legs. I did learn the symbol for dragon in Chinese, and saw some interesting things about Greece, but learned nothing. Guess I’m going to have to improve on that.

Ok, so I will admit that I haven’t even finished the book yet, but I know its going to be good because I read the book Party and it didn’t let me down, and it was written in the same style as Seedfolks.  Seedfolks, for those of you who have no idea what it’s about, is about this girl with a broken home who starts a garden in an abandoned and trashed lot. As the girl does this, she has no idea that there are others watching her and soon pitching in. so it’s from everyone of the people’s perspectives, but they all tie into the garden that the girl had started, later on to have it grow into something beautiful, which changes a trashed and abandoned lot into something amazing. Party does the same thing, show everyone’s personal points of view, but it’s not a garden that ties them together, it’s a party. It’s about high school kids, so I expected no less. ( taught me many things though about right and wrong and big things about drugs and alcohol and other things that could turn my life upside down. Great life lessons to be learned through that book.) as for the activities we did for Seedfolks, I have to say they were fun. ( just would have prefered doing more things that didn’t make my cat want to eat them. such as the plant activity with my choir class. My darling kitten, Asia, ate the worm and the plant. =_=) but they were fun and really good. The “big idea” of the story I would have to say would be ( again haven’t finished the book.) that just something so simple can make everyone’s life better, fun and even turn something beautiful. And my fave character as of yet? That’s a tough one because I haven’t met all of them yet. But I would have to say it would be the kid with the uncle who doesn’t speak English and no one can understand what he says because he speaks a different language than his family and everyone else. I like this character because he’s spunky, and gets a smart attitude that makes you hate him so much that you love him. ( I know, weird right?!) my fave activity was probably the music one in my band class because it was fun to try and guess which songs went with which country and person. ( even if I missed a ton of them! XD)  

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 126

For my humanities project I have chosen the Great Wall of China and used the guided question of Why Was The Great Wall of China built? I am super nervous about this assignment as well because I’m not sure how good my board Is, how much of the Information I have Is right, If I have answered my guided question correctly and many other things. one BIG thing for me Is If I will be able to answer people's questions without stammering and stumbling like an Idiot. My project was hard to do (cut myself seven times just trying to make the Great Wall of China model out of foam blocks.) but It's fun and looks way cool.

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 50

Well, the disection of a chicken wing wasn't all that bad. I had fun when I did it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I wasn't afraid to touch it and I used bare hands instead of gloves, which everyone in my team thought was the grossest thing ever. But to feel it in your hands and to move it was the coolst thing ever. to see what the muscles looked like, how they connected and everything was just so epic. i wouldn't mind disecting something else, as long as I know it's dead and can not come back and bite me. I thought that the disection did teach me what it was supposed to teach me because I got to see how it worked, what caused it to work and stuff like that, which is what we were supposed to learn. and besides, I got to have fun while doing it. 

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 84

Blame game

You know it didn’t happen that way

But you still want to play.

The Blame Game is easy.

But to you, it might sound cheesy.

Just do something wrong.

And point the blame to someone else, you’ll feel real strong.

Hit the x on someone else

Maybe Libby, or maybe Chelse.

You know it didn’t happen that way,

But keep playing, it’s ok.

But let me be the one to say.

There will be a day when you pay.

Not every game ends well.

And not every game is swell.

There is a price

When you live with mice.

It just can’t go any other way.

Fast approaches does that day.

You know things didn’t end like that.

But they are the mice, and you are the cat.

Just make a mess.

And don’t confess.

This game is simply the best.

Before you choose to play,

Are you ready for the price you’ll pay?

For things still can turn around.

And one day you will be found.

By Kacie

Grade 7

well, we all know how the blame game works, right? never do it. it turns back on you like a wild dog. at first it's all sweet and then it gets all mean and bites you. perfect game isn't it?

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 02:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I sat there in my closet,

Crying at what I couldn’t have.

A perfect life with nothing to fear,

But this was something I could never have.

I cried and broke my heart many times over.

I was trying not to blow my cover.

I wanted it all the end,

The hardship, pain and suffering.

So I came up with the perfect plan,

Of this there was no bluffing.

I would sit there in the snow,

Until my tears begun to froze.

I would sit there forever,

Till I couldn’t feel my toes.

I would end it all in a quiet snow,

It seemed something nice to do.

But then, as I sat there crying,

There came along you.

You looked me in the eyes,

And held out your hand.

You smiled and you nodded,

Giving me a friendly command.

“Get up and walk again” you said

“ there is nothing to fear.

Sit her any longer

And you’ll never know who was really near.

“ you may be sad and frustrated,

Over things that you can not have.

But these are things that are impossible,

But they are something everyone had to have.”

As I sat there is the snow,

Listening to you.

I came to realize,

That what you said was true.

But still I could not walk again,

I wasn’t strong enough.

I wasn’t ready to face my fears,

Not when I knew I’d have if rough.

“ I will help you in what you need to do,

But please stand up and walk again.

For  you life is much to precious to you.”

I shook my head and sat there,

Not wanting a scene 2.

I just sat there is the snow,

Watching to see what you might do.

You did not walk away,

You just sat there with me.

“we all do not wish to go on,

In some point in our lives.

But we all must remember,

That people do not want us gone.

We hit a fork in the road,

But it’s easy to turn back.

when you build a tower of worries,

it becomes a leaning stack.

So please get up and walk again,

For life is not so bad.

Get up and walk again,

And realize what you never knew you had.”

I nodded and stood up, wobbling at first.

And I thought it was a miracle.

I had gotten up and walked again, and I didn’t feel worse.

But you were no longer there,

Just a figment in the snow.

I wanted to call out to you,

Wondering where you could possibly go.

You never came back,

And I kept on walking.

You never showed up,

But I missed you and your talking.

But I will always remember,

If I hit the fork in the road.

To get up and start walking,

For that is what I have been told.

By Kacie

Grade 7

And yet another picture that I drew. I have to say that this is one of the pictures that I am pretty proud of. as I have said before, drawing is a way of expressing my feelings and emotions. iu tend to draw better when I have an emotion inside me. and if you say anything about the picture and starting calling me out on it, I will be very mad, not totally angry, but mad and hurt because of it. I don't feel like this everyday, so no calling me out on it ok?

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 65

Happy Little Accidents

Don’t worry about making mistakes, there are none to be made.

A Happily little accident is easily displayed.

But when they are made don’t be afraid.

Just make up a reason why.

The grass is greener than green because it was in the sun too long.

The sky is light blue because of the white clouds.

I’m wearing a my shirt backwards because I don’t like crowds.

A happy little accident, that’d what it is.

A slight little mess up is not the cause.

A misplacement of the imagination caused for relaxation.

Yes, just a happy little accident… and one very dark blob of green paint.

By kacie

This poem is based on the quote from Jordan W.( his last name is way too long to spell.) The Quote would be 'there are no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents.'. that's where the title of the poem came from, so yeah. It wasn't one of my best poems ever, I admit, but it's still pretty good.