This seventh grade year was surprisingly really fun. I expected this year to be filled with a boat load of homework, and to be very boring. But it was actually filled with many laughs and good memories. I really enjoyed playing school sports and meeting new friends. Academically I learned to always study for a test, but personally I learned that throughout the years you will make new friends but your best friends will always stay with you. Also I learned about the importance of friends. If I could change one thing this year I would have been nicer to people because sometimes I was really mean. In 8th grade I want to get all A’s again and I want to make even more friends. For all of the 6th graders who want to survive 7th grade, they shouldn’t chew gum and they shouldn’t talk when the teachers talking. Those are the things that make teachers the most mad. This year has been really memorable and I will really miss all of the teachers and all of the students who are moving.

International Towne was a lot better than I expected. As president of Mexico my job was to keep track of my citizens and if necessary, I had to fill in for their job if they were to go on break. This was a really hard job. Sometimes my citizens wouldn’t listen to me or they would take extra long breaks. During this field trip I learned the importance of relationships between countries. Countries depend on each other for money and supplies. The best part was being a judge for the Tribunal meeting. I got to decide if the people were guilty or innocent. The only change I would make would be to make the break time a little longer because it was very hard to do six cultural activities and make it back on time. But besides that, International Towne was a really fun experience.

My guiding question is how did the goddess Athena influence ancient Greece's culture. Athena was a very important goddess to Greeks. She influenced practices back in ancient times, and still today. She brought up the art of weaving, warcraft, and a lot of knowledge. Without this goddess life would be harder today because we wouldn't have any weapons, clothing, or much of our knowledge.

This year the projects at the world history fair were really good. From looking at other students projects, I learned a lot of information. I learned about the different Greek Gods, the pyrimids, China, and Marco Polo. The most interesting project was Andrew T's display of Zeus. He had a bright light shining down on his board, and it looked like he did a lot of research. This diplay really stood out to me. But in the end, the world history fair was a good experience for me.

I haven't really got that into the book yet, but so far I like it. I enjoy how they switch off point of views throughout each chapter. I think the basic storyline is that even though people live different lifes and have different cultures, a little thing such as a garden can bring a communtiy together. The one little girl starts a chain reaction and has the whole community join in on this garden. My favorite activity this week was making flowers in Mr. Howards class. I liked this activity because the flowers turned out really pretty and cool looking. I learned a lot about nature this week. It was really fun.

Article posted April 21, 2012 at 01:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

For the world history fair project my topic was "how has the goddess Athena influenced ancient Greece's culture." My research was very hard at the start, but as I looked into the topic a little more, I found a lot of facts. My final display is coming along really well. For my 3D display, I made Athena's shield which has the head of Medusa on it. I am really excited to have everyone see what I have been working on.

Article posted April 14, 2012 at 04:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

The school year is almost over which means summer is right around the corner! I am so excited for summer. I can't wait for the weather to be hot again, and also I can't wait for 3V3 soccer. Only in the summer I can play 3V3 soccer with all of my friends. My favorite part of 3V3 soccer is that it's played on a smaller field and that theres only 6 people on the field. This means that everyone can play every position, and anyone can score. Although I enjoy regular outdoor soccer, 3V3 is a good way to get extra touches on the soccerball in the summer, and it's a good way to stay in shape.

In science class we were put into groups, and our assignment was to dissect a raw chicken wing. At first, we had to take off the skin then we tried to locate the ligaments and bone marrow. I thought it was really gross because the chicken was slimy and squishy. The worst part was when we cut into the blood vessel and it shot out blood, also when we cut into the bone it was dripping blood. But in the end the whole assignment wasn't that horrible.

Article posted March 23, 2012 at 02:51 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 58

Apple Pie

The best tasting pie ever

Warm

Freshly baked out of the oven, yum

Chunky

Sweet

Delicious

Cinnimon and sugar

A scoop of ice cream

A good warm and cool sensation

Learning about Ernest Green and his impact on the world was very interesting, and inspiring. If I was in Ernest's shoes, or any other of the Little Rock Nine's shoes, I would have given up, or would have gone back to my old school. Being beat up and having food thrown on you is very tough, and I admire Ernest, and the other kids for staying strong and fighting through the pain. Today discrimination is a lot better, but we still have it. Discrimination doesn't only happen from what color your skin is, but it can come from age, how much money you have, and how you look. We have come a long way in the world, and hopefully someday we will get rid of discrimination completely!