Article posted January 31, 2012 at 05:32 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 98

Okay so I asked Michael what to write about and he said "Ponies, and how you like to ride them." So I guess that is what I will write about. I have a choclate dapple mini horse named Silver, a blue-roan paint quarterhorse named Trendy and a gray quarterhorse named Ginger. Silver is 15 and he really likes to eat. Trendy is 3 and she likes toys. Ginger is 32 and she likes to go for walks around the barn. It is really fun to go to the barn everyday and see all of their sweet faces. I love them so much but it is a lot of work to care for them.

Some tools that poets use are rhyming and rhythm. Without rhyming and rhythm a poem is not poem!! I makes the poem flow and sound good. A funny poem, like a Limerick, has a certain rhythm and length to it. However, a haiku is always the same. That is my view on poetic effects.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 05:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 42

"Belive you can and your halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt

I think this quote means that when you belive in yourself, you can do whatever you put your mind to. If you say I can't or this is impossible, you probably won't be able to do it because you don't believe in yourself! The word impossible says "I'm possible!" When I'm dancing or horseback riding, I need to put my mind to it. If I said I can't anytime, I wouldn't be as advanced as I am now. This could change anyones mind set from negative to positive just by saying I can! If everyone has a positive attitude it will make the world a better place.

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 05:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

I usually don't set goals for myself but... this year is different! One 2012 goal I thought of is to get my miniature horse to lose weight because he is kind of fat. Another goal I have is to enter more competitions on my new sponsored horse, Trendy. I plan on doing dressage, jumping and showmanship w/ her. I also want to enter more shows w/ Silver because he is a really good show horse. Those are my goals for 2012!! :D

The wiki was pretty cool to make and an easy project. I liked making the video and finding the pictures for it. It was cool that someone from Louisiana was able to help us students in Colorado create the website. The one thing I didn't like about making the wiki is being the computer all the time. It would have been better if we came to the lab every other day. That is my thought on the Poetry Wiki.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 06:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 78

In my opionion, blogging isn't my favorite homework assignment. It's not very fun and I'd rather do something on paper than be on my computer, but that's just me. I think we should write about more fun things rather than what's going on at Mountain Ridge. Maybe blogging about stuff that's more personal. That is my view on blogging.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 03:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Well since I don't really know what to write about... I'll write about the movie I watched on Netflix!! I watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Mickey Rooney and Patricia Neal. It's about a very pretty girl named Holly Golightly, (Audrey Hepburn), who lives in NYC. Her favorite place to be is Tiffany and Co. because nothing bad at Tiffany's can ever happen. (So true I love Tiffany's!!)When struggling writher Paul Varjack, (George Peppard) moves into her apartment building they become intrigued by eachother. Her lifestyle changes in front of him from being the bright and bubbly in public but when they are alone she changes into a shy vulnerable girl. It is a very sweet, romantic comedy and I loved it!

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

A great mystery I read was "Bad Girls Don't Die" by Katie Alender. This book was pretty creepy. It was a mystery while also going into paranormal stuff as well.

If I were to write a mystery I really don't know what it would be about. The one I wrote for Language Arts was pretty good although, it didn't represent me well. I would do a mystery that relates to me/my life. Something maybe at my dance studio where everyone's left tap shoe goes misiing for some weird reason. Or a mystery at the barn where I board my horses. Something where the horses change size from draft size to mini horse size and we don't know why.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 08:57 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 69

If I had to choose, these are the three things I'm thankful for. The first thing I am thankful for is my family. I am thankful for my family because I love them. I am also thankful for my warm home. I would be cold during the Winter time without a roof to live under and a nice bedroom to sleep in. Thank you Mom and Dad!! The last thing I am thankful for is the nice barn I get to go to everyday. Thank you Rick!! I love getting to work with my mini horse Silver and doing doing dressage/jumping lessons on Duckie. Thank you Christina!!

Michael Jackson's doctor was accused of unvoluntary manslaughter. He gave Michael Jackson an overdose of propofol to make him sleep, because Michael complained to him that he couldn't sleep. They thought the doctor was panicked because he gave Jackson CPR on the bed instead of on a firm surface like the floor. I think Dr. Conrad Murray, (Jackson's Doctor) theory is wrong. He said that Jackson gave himself the deathly dose of propofol. Since Jackson is not a doctor, how could he have gotten permission to overdose himself on propofol unless it was Murray that let him. I think that the whole situation is just said because Dr. Murray could lose his license to practice medicine and the King of Pop died. [LINK]

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries