Article posted February 16, 2012 at 03:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

Around the clock

on the wall

from dawn until dusk

during the day

over and over it goes

through all the hours

inside the house

out on the road

through the fields of time

toward the end

on store shelves

behind the glass

with you until the end

up on top of all.

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 03:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I am reading the book Coraline by Neil Gaiman. I love this book so far. I saw the movie and others say it is creepy well I say it is fantastic. I wanted to see how the book was like and I think the fact that I saw the movie and have heard all the voices really makes the book come to life for me.

Songs have different moods to give to people. Some songs make people happy, or sad, or angry. They basically give off a certain message or they are just made for entertainment. All songs are saying something even if they are just ment for entertaining the rtist is trying to put a message out there. Well at least that's what I think. Sometimes songs can tell a story or they can describe how the artist feels. Songs can seem to tell the story of someone elses life and whether it is good or bad. Sometimes the song is uplifting and it talks about how your life can be bad and then turns into a good life. Songs can be inteprated in different ways but there is always a message that the artist is trying to put through.

Article posted January 27, 2012 at 04:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Poets use a lot of things in their poetry to get the readers attention. They use things like similes. They also try to detail their poetry to try to get the reader to use their five senses(sight, smell, hearing,taste, and feeling). When the poet gets the reader to use their five senses the reader becomes hooked on the poem and reads it over and over. Things like "The dew smelled wet and fresh as my shoes got soaked because I walked through the fresh cut grass" gets the readers attention. Once the reader has read the poem so many times they will finally realize what it means and it can impact them and their world.

I chose quote 5 "love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend" which was said by Martin Luther King Jr.. I think this quote is trying to tell us that if we want an enemy to be our friend we can't hate them or show disrespect towards them. You have to care for them and show the kindness. I can apply this to my life because there have been times where I have hated people but that hatred is something you would have to live with for your whole life and it is hard to move on from. This quote can definetly make a positive attitude change in someones life. Take maybe a bully for example they hate everyone except for their little possies. If they took this quote to heart they could learn to bring in others to life instead of pulling them away and being the enemy (in this case) to others. The world is a very confusing place and a lot of people can hate eachother and others. If people could hear this quote and decide to do something maybe everyine could become friends with the people they hate and the world wouldn't be such a dangerous place. This quote can make an impact on everyone even those who don't think enemies could ever be friends.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 03:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

In this new year change is a huge thing for me. I want to change the way I react to things. Sometimes I will react to things to seriously even when someone is joking. I also don't look at the good things of suggestions I only look at the bad things that it has to offer and don't accept the change. I think that changing the way I react will help me look at things so much better and into a good deep thought which makes this change important to me.

I think this project went well but it was very stressful at some points. Such as the discussion beacuase we didn't know who was on at what time and there was so many discussion tabs we had to look at every conversation to make sure we didn't miss something. This was also hard because our groups were not in our classes and weren't in our state. My poet was also hard to find information on but we found some=http://!! Ther communication wasn't as easy as i thought but it wasn't as hard either I guess I could say it was in the middle.

Dear Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone I have ever known, or been friends with for being there for me and always by my side. Though I said to everyone there is one person to thank that is very special to me. This person is my mom. I know you haven't been here for a while but you will be in my heart no matter where you go. I am counting the days but while I am counting please know I am so thankful for having you in my life and I don't know what I would do without you here I will see you soon

From,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sammy

Article posted November 25, 2011 at 02:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

I am greatful for so many things but the three major things I am greatful for are my friends, my family, and soccer. I am thankful for my friends because they stand with me through thick and thin and they are true friends who will always be there for me no matter what. Those friends are very rare and hard to find and I am lucky to have them. I am so thankful for my family because they are amazing and love me so much and I love them too. I am thankful for soccer because it is a sport I love and I am so greatful to have the oppritunity to play because many kids will never get or ever had the same oppritunity. I am thankful for everything I have and I hope everyone is thankful for everything they have and have been given.

Article posted November 11, 2011 at 03:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

I think that blogging is good for us just for future references but it hasn't gone so smoothly for me. I always seem to mess up some how. I think it is good only one blog is due every week because it is hard for me to get some blogs in but I find blogging kind of fun for some odd reason because some othr people don't like this idea.I do wish we could write about what we want to write about more than we have beacause I don't find prompts that are made for us intersesting. Ithink blogging helps us with our typing skills and will also help us in the future.

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries