Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

I think the experience was good. I really think it will help all of us on later on in our lives. I learned a lot about trade and economy and how you have to just charge through the problems you face (finacially too). If I could change anything it would be to go to International Towne for a longer period of time it was so much fun!!!! Everything was the best part.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

World history is very important to people. For some it is an interesting topic. Others think it is just something to learn about. World history can help later on in life. What if you never learned about your culture or heritage? What if you didn't know what customs you had to follow? What if you didn't anything about the past? Even history that didn't affect the world is important. You learn how to handle situations better then you did before. You learn how to overcome your fears. I learned not to brag because maybe I just might get snakes for hair like Medusa. I also learned to not use (for girls) beauty as a charm or I might just be able to turn people into stone like Medusa. The most interesting part to me is how much I learned about history and lessons I could use later on in life.

The other seventh graders had some really nice projects. I learned quite a bit. I learned that the Trojan War was over a woman (Haha silly men). I also learned about ancient arcitechture (very interesting displays). Also I learned about a lot of ancient, important people. That was a fun day I am glad we had it.

Seed Folks was a good book and I thought the format was different and I liked it because you got a different perspective from everyone. I like all the characters and I think the big idea is how one little change can make a big difference and bring a lot of people together even when you dont know eachother. I thought the activities were fun and I liked making flowers the best it took away math time. Hehe.

I am almost ready just a couple of steps. One of those would be mentally preparing because I have to explain my project and be very clear on it so no one gets confused. Putting everything together is one step and that counts for a lot because you want it to be interesting and not something boring that no one wants to hear about. It is all coming together and that always makes me happy.

It goes by fast

But no one can wait to get out

Some people don't want to leave

But most others do

There isn't a huge time span between grades

But we are happy we get the summer off

(but we will miss all of our teachers)

We will see them again soon

It's just a chapter of our lives

And sometimes it may suck

And sometimes it may not suck (as bad)

But we all (somewhere down inside us)

Can't wait to come back

I wish

I was a star

up high in the sky

shining so bright

but still so far

but all eyes

are on me

I wish

I was a cloud

pure and clean

fluffy and moist

and with many feelings

I wish

I was a bird

able to fly

and sore and live...

so freely

I wish

I was thunder

loud and fearless

yet still feared

and mighty in the sky

I wish

I was a star

all eyes on me

My reaction to the story was anger. It was anger towards the high schools students and teachers. Everyone was being completely unfair and ridiculously judgemental. I would have tried to be friends with them and not care what everyone else thought I would stick up for them and try to help rather than leave them hanging by a thread. I would try my best to carry on with the fight and not back down. I would see my future from going there and compare it to the future I had at the other school and see how much better it would be. I thought that all of those kids were brave. For all of them to be able to stand all the rude things that were said and all those parents and students yelling at them in such an inappropriate way and they could put all of that to the side (for temporary moments) just amazed me. It also showed me that everything can be possible but it's never easy. In the south it is still the same mostly. There hasn't been a whole lot of change but there has been. It amazes me that after all these years we still discriminate people just because of their race or religion even the way they dress. It is wrong but I don't think it will ever stop in this world.

A quote that speaks to me is "A day without laughter is a day wasted"

-anonymus

A day without laughter is a day wasted

life is to short to be sad

it's never to short to be glad

don't ever not laugh

because it's better to laugh at nothing

rather than being sad about something

life is to short to be sad

and a day without laughter

is definitely a day wasted

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Cells are very small, so small that you need a microscope to see them. Some cells are hard to find especially when they are moving it is hard to observe them because they are hard to catch. Some cells are not hard to find and some stay still. We have a test this week on cells and the study guide really helps. There are some things about cells that are hard to understand but it isn't as hard of a concept as I thought it would be.