In 8th grade, I would like to be more on top of things. I want to stay organized and do whatever it takes to make my 8th grade year a good one. For the new 7th graders, I would like to say that 7th grade is fun and exciting and full of new things to learn. Have fun with it, but stay alert.

I think my 7th grade year was the best school year of my life (so far, at least). I'm going to miss all of my teachers, who have taught me so much. They have taught me how to work well with others, and be independent. They taught me how to take life as it comes at you. They taught me that when life pushes you into the ditch, you get back on your feet, dust yourself off, and you keep fighting. I want to thank them for supporting me and helping me.

I thought the time spent at International Towne was great. I was never very good at economics, but I learned a lot from I-Towne. I was a Freight Forwarder in Greece. It was really fun, especially the mail runs. I can't really think of anything I would change, except for maybe extending the time spent there.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Must keep running.

That's all I can think about as I run through the strange, green woods. I can hear the sound of the creature coming closer, hard on my heels.

Or was it a creature? I wasn't sure. Maybe it's just a person playing a stupid prank on me. But my instincts tell me to keep running, no matter what.

Of course, at some point, I am going to have to stop. Everyone does. How far had I run? I couldn't remember. I was too busy trying to keep away from this... thing.

The sound of my unknown pursuer fades away, until I can't hear it at all, which is good, because I'm starting to run out of energy. I stop for a moment to take a breath, but I'm ready to run if that's what it comes down to.

I start hearing the sound of feet again, and somehow I know it is the sound of this... stalker? Creature? I don't have much time to think. I scramble up the nearest tree I can find and climb as high as I possibly can.

"All that rock climbing really paid off," I think to myself. "And Mom said it was a waste of time..." I hear the sound of feet coming closer, closer, until I know it's below me. I don't move, though, for fear that movement would make noise and the pursuer would know.

I am still as a statue while he or she stops. "Don't move," I keep thinking to myself. Then, the sound of footsteps resumes and fades away. But I am still to afraid to climb down in case it is still down on the ground somewhere. Eventually, I fall asleep.

When I awake, I hear footsteps and try to blend in as much as possible. But something stops me. It's the sound of my dad, sheriff of the police department, calling my name. "Callie! Callie, are you there?"

"Dad!" I call from the tree. I climb down, and he herds me into his car.

But then, I REALLY wake up. I realize it was all a dream. Who would ever think to look for me in the woods of Ravensdale, Washington? If I want to se my dad again, I'll have to go find him myself. Which means, I'll have to get out of this tree.

I stop to listen for a moment, and when silence reaches my ears, I climb down. I'm on the ground, trying to figure out which way will get me back to town. And then, I remember. My brother's compass! The one he gave me to remind me of him while he was away at college. I always keep it with me. Just to think of him.

I pull out the compass and take a moment for some logic thinking to figure out which way I should go. Once that's done, I start heading home.

I barely take five steps when something from above jumps on top of me and slams my head into rock. The last thing I see before I black out are ice blue eyes.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 01:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

Orange is the rising summer sun,

Orange is a blooming flower.

Orange is the feeling of simply knowing

That you have all the power.

Orange is a sweet and tangy scent,

Orange is a brand new song.

Orange is the thought that guides us all

And tells us right from wrong.

Orange is the courage that a lion has,

Orange is a bright, happy spirit.

Orange is the light of a brand new day.

You have no reason to fear it.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 03:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

The quote I chose is 'The destination has no meaning, because the journey is the worthier part' by Joss Whedon.

The Destination Has No Meaning

'The destination has no meaning'

I heard the old man say.

I always keep that in my heart,

The words he said that day.

It was about two years ago,

The day I met that man.

When all day I was thinking,

'Look as friendly as you can'.

I saw the old man walking

As I sat there, playing with hairclips

Then I noticed.

'He's not looking at the places,

But he's looking at the ships!'

'Why don't you care where you're going?'

I asked him with a smile.

'Cause I believe the journey

Is what makes it worth the while.

The destination has no meaning'

Is what I heard him say.

I thought, and wondered to myself,

What does it mean anyway?

I thought and finally figured it out,

The puzzle he had left.

It's not about the destination,

But truly how you felt.

The friends you made,

The cards you played,

And how you used your brain.

The questions asked,

The risks you took,

And how you dealt with pain.

'The destination has no meaning'

I heard the old man say.

I always keep that in my heart,

The words he said that day.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 02:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

The wiki project was cool, but kinda tough sometimes. It was hard dividing work equally and communicating with each other. It seemed like only two of us were really working hard on it. One of our group didn't do much. It was neat getting to meet someone from another state, but next time, I think being in the same room would be nice when doing a group project.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 03:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I think the cell unit is pretty cool. The worst part has been worksheets and journal entries, but other than that, I like all of it. I think the best lab we've done has been one where we put one egg in vinegar, one egg in salt water and one egg in regular water and leave it there for a few days. What was really cool was that the one that was left in vinegar was almost transparent.

Hmmm, I can't really think of anything to write about, so I'll just write about the book I'm reading. I'm reading "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. It's very good so far, but I haven't gotten too far. The Hunger Games are pretty much an annual "celebration", but really, this is what happened: In what used to be North America, is a city called Panem. The city is run by a Capitol in the Appalachain mountains, while the rest of Panem is divided into 13 Districts. The Capitol treated them harshly, so the districts declared war. The 13th district was destroyed, leaving 12 districts. As punishment, the Capitol created the Hunger Games, a fight to the death in an arena broadcasted on live television. One boy and one girl from each district would be forced to participate. There could only be one champion, one survivor.

"A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom."

-Robert Frost

I think that this is a very true statement. Some poems change how you think, or see the world, while others can be entertaining or even inspire you to do something. Most people don't believe that words can have power, when, in some cases, they are the most powerful thing in the world.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength."

-Dalai Lama

I think what this means is that most see compassion as a waste of time and energy, but really, it can be something as small as picking up something someone dropped for them, or in other cases, it can be saving a life. compassion and tolerance are one of the most powerful things in the world. Being nasty is the real weakness.