Article posted May 18, 2012 at 01:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

7th grade was definitely a good year; I really noticed the change in the amount of homework I got: P I was successful because I maintained my 4.0 GPA, even through the hard times. I wasn't successful with my goal at the beginning of the year which was not to get any A-'s which I didn't keep up with, but that is alright. I learned that I had terrible time management skills and that I didn't have a very long attention span...: P I need to change the way I spend time on things because as I said, I have the worst time management skills. I had to learn how to get everything done the day I got it, because until I learned how to do that, I had to stay up really long doing homework and I didn't do my best on it, since I just wanted to get it done, so I had o learn to do that the hard way. I would like to study a lot more next year because now I know how to use my time more wisely and my friend who is a current 8th grader told me that the tests were probably the hardest part of eight grades. My advice for the incoming 7th graders is to not procrastinate!! Procrastination is going to kill you in 7th grade! I had to learn that the hard way too...

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 01:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I thought I-Towne was a lot of fun. For some reason I thought it going to be a little bigger but that really didn't make a big difference. It was definitely a experience that I think we could all learn form. I thought I learned a lot even from when we started preparing. I learned what I need to do on a job application, and I could take in this to know how to make the poeple want me to work wherever I want to work. I also enjoyed the trip very much. I enjoyed being a finance minister because I liked dealing with the money. The only thing I wished was different was how long the breaks were because it wasn't veryt long...I think the best part was the hats!! I know a lot of people didn't like them, and I probably looked a bit weird, but I loved them sooo much!! Hahaha!! Anyways, I really liked I -Towne!!!

World History influences our lives today because their experiences show us what works well and what doesn't and so we know what the best option is form their experiences. My guiding question was how does the Sun Temple compare and contrast to other temples? I found out a lot about the arts and the structure of the temple. The most interesting part of the temple was that there is a palm-leaf manuscript that describes in detail the building operations of the temple.

I definitely learned a lot during the 30 minutes we had to explore, I learned a lot about a lot of cultures and I saw a lot of boards on Rome and Julius Caesar and I learned about writing, Japanese kimonos, food, and soooo much more!!

I think that this book conveyed a good message about how a community came together to do something they all enjoyed, but I thought the book was boring and found the format hard to follow. I really didn't have a specific character that I liked or disliked. My favorite activity would probably be Mr. Howard's flowers because they were recycled and they were really pretty, and it was really fun!

My topic is on the Sun Temple in Konark, Orissa. This temple has created change because there is a palm-leaf manuscript recording all the details in the building operations. This provides us with information about how some temples could have been built and educates us on architecture because if the temple was build in A.D. 1250, and is still standing today, then there construction must have been really good. I found out a lot on this temple, including that this temple actually existed... :) My final project is coming along well I just have the display board and visual display left to do. This has helped me question about how this temple was different because there were many facts that were really interesting and different from other temples in this temple. I really want to go to Orissa now and see that temple!!

Spring is an awesome season!!! Other than fall, I love the spring season because it starts to get warmer!! I love the warm weather but I hate it when it's scorching. Spring also is a great season because flowers start blossoming and for some reason that makes me happy...that's really weird...haha Anyways, I really LOVE SPRING!!

I personally wasn't very thrilled to dissect the chicken wing because I just felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of living flapping chickens and chickens freak me out so I was very uncomfortable with that. Our chicken wing also started bleeding which again, blood freaks me out because I always get something like a vision of a random heart that jumps around spurting out blood and that just really freaks me out, so yeah I did not like that experience!! I guess it was a good learning experience because we were able to see the bones, muscles, tendons, etc. It was a good learning experience but I was definitely uncomfortable!!!

I wrote about a tea monster for my monster poem for the poetry collection. I LOVE TEA!!! hahaha I am actually drinking ice tea right now! hahaha

“The Tea Monster”

The tea monster has woken up,

And is now following you,

With its slimy, green tea legs,

That’s made out of green tea and slime,

It walks with you everywhere.

It loves to drink tea,

Including sweet tea, lemon tea, green tea,

Bubble tea, chai tea, black tea,

Iced tea, oolong tea, and even herbal tea!!

But beware,

He had once lived with a witch,

And he knows how to make a potion,

That will indeed make you a tea monster too!

Then you have to roam around,

Looking for different teas so that you stay alive,

And obsessing over tea, and only tea!

So stay away from the tea monsters because,

THEY ARE DANGEROUS!!!

When we watched the Ernest Green Story, it did make me kind of mad, but it made me think that it was really unfair because they are people just like whites and they also have the ability to succeed, again using Ben Carson as an example, and I felt really bad for them. I would have had the courage to continue on because I know how important it is to study and I would have tried my best to not notice anything else. Things have definitely changed because we think of Blacks just as others and they are not disrespected. There is still discrimination because there is still racism and people are judged by how they look and what they do. For example, when I was younger, my karate instructor paired me up with one kid every time because he was a little silly. My instructor knew I could take care of him like a little brother. One day, my instructor told us to find a partner that was just as "good looking" as us, so I went up to the kid to be partners, but he said he could not be with me because I was much darker than him. Of course I was somewhat offended, but I was pretty okay with it. For the next few weeks, I did not see the kid for a while, and finally about two weeks later, he came back and was friendly with me again. After the class, he asked me if he could talk to me, and so we went to the side of the room, and I remember exactly what he said. He said, "I am really sorry of what I said to you two weeks ago. I didn't realize how rude it was and how much it could have hurt your feelings." I was really surprised because I almost forgot that incident, and I told him it was fine, and we were good. When we went back to our parents, his dad told me and my mom that the reason he hadn't come to karate for so long was because after he realized how rude his words were, he couldn't stop crying. He thought he couldn't see me again because I would be mad at him. I thought that was really sweet even though we were like eight, and I always remember that, and I just wish that everyone would realize how rude our words could be and how much it could upset someone. Hopefully everyone will have the heart to not judge people by their color or anything else!