Finally, school is almost over. It has been too long since I could escape the school building. I think that the easiest class this year was math. Although we have homework in math every day, the pace was really slow. This year, I learned vocabulary words, human anatomy, and ancient civilizations. I would get rid of homework if I could change something. I will work harder and get the gold honor metal. If I could give some advice to new 7th graders, I would tell them to keep following goals because through hard work, you can achieve them.

International Towne was pretty fun. It was fun to write up a bunch of forms as Finance Minister. I also thought it was fun to look around and find products to by. Unlike Young Ameritowne, you got to change the prices of the products. That was pretty fun. In the experience, I learned to keep track of your money. I dropped my stack of money at the very end of my first brake and I couldn't find it. I only bought my passport photo, a chocolate coin, and a drink (which I got arrested for). If I could change something, I would change the amount of work the Finance Ministers get. I found myself with nothing to do shortly after lunch. I would also change the length. I think it would be more enjoyable if we were there for three or four days. Then, you can see what prices are just right for the economy and go to more places and buy more things in different countries. I think that the best part is the morning because you are just getting accustomed to your work station and your job.

World history has a lot to do with present day. If it weren't for history, we couldn't know what to do next. Because of history, there are advancements and mistakes. Both of which help us. If it weren't for the mistakes that were made, there are a lot of mistakes that could be repeated. If it weren't for the advancements (that we now call basic inventions) that were made, we wouldn't have a solid foundation of engineering. As a result, new inventions would not be as great. As I researched my topic, Hunnic warfare, I found that the Huns contributed to some modern day inventions. The spur, for example, was thought to be first used by the Huns. Also, the soldiers were all bowmen. This could have contributed to the rise of projectile weaponry and the fall of melee weapons.

I found that learning about other people's topics was almost as fun about learning about my topic. I didn't really learn much, but there are some facts that I picked up. For example, I learned that there are many types of gladiators that use different weapons. I also learned that the plague originated in rats and fleas.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 03:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 106

I've only read the first couple of chapters, so I can't really answer who my favorite character is. As for the format, it is original. I haven't read any books like it. It is fun to read something new. I think that this isn't a very productive format. Each chapter has to explain about the character first before explaining more about the story. Frankly, the origins of the characters shouldn't take up half the book. They could use some of that half to explain main characters, but some of it to describe the happenings. I like the activities that we are doing. My favorite is the tomato seed experiment. My group, since all the other groups were doing experiments in soil, chose to do our experiment with hydroponics. Growing plants with hydroponics means that you use just water to grow the plants. Since we didn't have a pump, we had to change out the water every day. We messed up trying to transfer the seeds one day, and we ruined our experiment. We tried again with the same results. After that, we pretty much gave up hydroponics.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

My final project isn't going all that well. So far, my display board and my 3D/2D museum display are just a plan. They are good plans, though. I'm hoping that my project turns out as well in real life as it does in my head.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

I find that springtime is the prettiest time of year. The flowers bloom, and the trees start to grow leaves. The only problem is the allergies. With all of the pollen in the air, I often find myself feeling quite miserable. The end of the school year is a motivation to keep getting up in the morning. If there wasn't a MAJOR break comming up, I might not get out of bed. 

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

In the chicken wing dissection, we learned about muscles, bones, tendons, and ligaments. The makeup of the wing is just like the makeup of a human arm. We could see how the muscles were attached and even got to pull on the muscles to see how the bones moved. I think it was worthwhile. It's definitely more fun than taking notes and reading text books. I didn't learn all that much. What I did learn was that the skin of a chicken is pretty thick!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

Honey Nut Cheerios

If you are not satisfied with the quality of this product, a prompt refund or

adjustment of equal value will be made. Your comments and questions are

welcome. Save or send your box tops and…

Silence

Silence is the feeling of great achievement

in

quieting everyone down to the state of a short roar.

Silence is soothing

_

and needed.

_

Silence never gets on

_

your nerves because there’s nothing that disturbs.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I thought that the movie exposed me to some new information. I knew that there was extreme racism around in the past, but I didn't realize that it was that bad. I think I might do what the Little Rock Nine did for two reasons. One, I would probably be angry about all this discrimination going on and want to retaliate. Two, I would want to be the first black kid to make it in a white school. The will to be the first one to graduate might make me continue. Since then, black people have just about been completely integrated into society. Black people are allowed to do everything white people can and share the same rights, but some racism still exists. I don't know of any specific discrimination going on now.