I love Rachel’s Challenge. It is definitely worthwhile and wish there was more than just one assembly a year. It has definitely affected me and friends. We remind our self’s daily to be like Rachel. I signed the banner and I hope many more do! 

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 04:17 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

I definitely think that the presentation was worthwhile. This presentation was needed because some people don’t know how to forgive or find the best qualities in people. This assembly affected a lot of people. Some people even cried. That shows that it definitely had an effect on them and they are going to follow Rachel’s Legacy. This assembly taught me some important lessons. For example, you don’t have forever in life, so you have to start making changes in the world now. I will definitely change some things in my life such as forgiving people more easily like Rachel did. Something I will change is how I don't always forgive people very easily. I think that Rachel taught everybody a lot of lessons through that assembly.

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

I think that Rachels Challenge is worthwhile because its teaching you how to be a better person like her. It is effective because like I said it help people but also I think that it is fun because you get to work with other people and get hang out a lot more.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 05:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

I thought that the presentation was really good. I thought that the most inspiring part was when they talked about the shooting in the school and how many people were changed by the event. It was worthwhile but needed for everybody to know. It was a little bit affective. I learned that I am not sure what’s happening to a person who I might judge. On other words, do not judge a person without knowing what they’ve been through.

What I learned from Rachael’s Challenge that I didn’t get last year. I thought how cool could it be to do one act of kindness could change so many lives. People who are struggling and you don’t know who if you do an act of kindness will save their life. She will always be remembered!!

I think the Rachel's Legacy presentation was good and I to was on the brink of crying but I don't think we really need that. The reason I think that is because the school doesn't seem like a bad place but a couple of things could change a little. I walked away from it sad and wanting to make difference. I thought the presentation was worthwile and a good experience for everyone. I don't think I will do everything different just change a little.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 02:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 76

I thought that the Rachel’s Challenge this year was still very emotional, same with last year too. I think that it was definitely worth my time because it is a moving story and it was great to learn about her more. After seeing the story about how Rachel lived, and died, it makes me want to be nicer to people because you never know when they will be gone. When Rachel’s brother shared the story of the fight him and Rachel had, it makes me want to be nicer to my sisters because I will never know when the last day I will see them will come. I really enjoyed the assembly and I’m glad I got to learn about Rachel.

I think this year, they could have made the Rachel's Challenge assembly less depressing. ther than that though, they did a great job presenting it. I personaly disagree with the idea that Rachel was phykic and could predict her death. I think she could tell she was dying at an accelerated rate. To make the assembly better I think that they could give a little more info on the shooting, as none of us were old enough to understand then, and then advertise the Rachel's Challenge program in the last 15-30 minutes not drag it out through the entire assembly.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

I think Rachael challenge was very heart breaking and moody. I feel so happy for what Rachael did for every one she was an amazing person and from the video she knew how to make people smile. This has really helped me always to think before I speak. I think we should keep showing this to people it will help with our life’s.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 12:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

The presentation for Rachel’s Challenge was very sad, also all the good things Rachel did made people want to do what she did. The presentation was worth the time to tell us we should do nice things for other people, I think it was needed to tech us to do nice things to others, like I said before. Rachel’s Challenge was very effective mostly last. No, I did really take anything away because last year I did but the presentation was similar from last year and my answer is still the same because like I said before it was mostly happened last year.

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 03:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

Rachel's Challenge inspires me to be a leader.  I don't know what I would do in the situation of a school shooting.  I hope that I am such a positive, friendly person that I could help anyone in need of a friend.  I was born two days after Columbine and my mom has spend the last 12 years making sure my brother and I both know how important it is to get along with everyone at school and be friends with all.  I could not imagine going through what Rachel's brother has gone through the last 12 years.  It would be hard to talk about my brother if something like this happened to him, but Craig Scott just wants people to know who his sister was and what she stood for.  I will forever be a friend and leader for my class. 

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 75

I think the Rachel’s Challenge assembly was emotional, necessary and, worth time. I think this because we got to see all the people who were affected by Rachel’s death and other people who were killed. I got a bit more emotional in this assembly because when we raised our hands I really regret saying something about that person’s shirt or someone saying something about me. I definitely was changed by this assembly, next time I try to say something about that person’s shirt, I will think before saying anything and bite my tongue. Next time, I will step in to that person’s shoes, just like Rachel would.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 01:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

The Rachel's Challenge assembly is very affecing and inspiring. I think this yearly presentation makes each and every one of us think about all the important things in life. It made a true impact on me and almost everyone else who was there. I've signed the past two banners and will continue signing them. It was for sure worth while and I wish there were more than just one a year. I will take so much from this presentation.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 01:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I also thought that the Rachel's Challenge assembly was emotional. You hear it one year and think it's emotional, but you hear it the next year and it's just as. It's so funny! I think the assembly was much better to learn from this year. I'm going to try to slowly emerge to a nice person by using the steps they taught us. 

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

Columbine's story is unfortunate, but it has had an enormous positive impact on schools worldwide. Many lives have been changed by the story and the challenges. I think that we should use the memory as inspiration to spread the "chain links" throughout schools everywhere.

Article posted September 11, 2011 at 05:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I think that Rachel's Challenge really only motivates people for only a day or two, but it is very inspiring in those few days. For example, I had Rachel's challenge during my french period and after the assembly I herd people apologizing to each other about things they have done and about things they might of done.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 01:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

On the day of the assembly, I knew that it was going to ne emotional. Yes, it was very emotional as I thought, but what I love about it is that it can change us. I know that there are a lot of people who change after the assembly. However, if there was anything that I had to say that was negative is that I think they should appreciate the others who died too, just a little more. I think I will try to do all the challenges and just in general be a better person.

Last year I was unable to go to Rachel's because I was feeling a little under the weather. When I went this year, I found it to be very interesting. Especially the way every one who came within 10 feet of Rachel seem to have had good things happen to them. In my opinion, the presentation was proof that if everyone could just remember what they learned in kindergarten, everyone would get along so much better.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

The Rachel’s Challenge assembly was very effective to me because it is a great girl’s story to be told and shared. It amazes me that her little acts of kindness affects millions of people all over the nation. I also think it is worth the time because it can not only help us as students but as people as well. Also I think we need this assembly because there are some people who can’t give out kindness as well as others and maybe this will help them share there kindnesses way deep down in them. This presentation is a beautiful presentation because they show her spending time with her family and friends and just having good times. It also shows the stories her friends and family shares and how much they love and miss Rachel and how they also knew her as a great person. This presentation is so effective to everyone they show it to because it touches there hearts and it has touched mine as well and has taught not only me but many other people to be kind and to show love to people and compassion and how far a little kindness can go. I also think that when others say it shows how we should be compassionate to others and that they learn to be more caring that this is not just to teach about caring and loving one another. It is also  about a tragic day that has changed many peoples lives, but, it's also a day that has had a positive impact throughout the nation. I also wish that they would also commend the other young souls that died that day because Rahel's family isn't the only family that has gone through and still is going through a rough time. Yet,I still have changed a lot from this ceremony and I still do because I may not be nice to everyone all the time but I’m definitely getting better with it. This ceremony has touched many peoples hearts and always will.

I think that the Rachel’s Challenge presentation was inspirational to me because it tells everyone to be compassionate and understanding to others. Although I think the presentation may have been repetitive, it was still a reminder to us that we should be tolerant and nice to each other. Rachel should be girl that people our age should look up to. That is what I thought about Rachel’s Challenge.

I thought the presentation on Rachel's Challenge was very well done, and touched the hearts of many students. Schools need the Rachel's Challenge presentation because it gives students a chance to stop and think about what they are about to say or do. It also, makes people want to be a better person when they see how many lives Rachel changed or made better. I will definitely try to understand people better, and treat them kindly. Rachel is why so many people have changed and have become better people.

Article posted September 10, 2011 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

I think Rachel's challenge is a very sad and emotional story. I don't think it reaches out to us like someone elses story did. I think we should make a Luca's challenge in rememberance of him. And because it was a student in our school. That's what I would change just because it reaches out to us more.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 95

I thought the presentation was very inspiring. Yes, I find that showing this can change how people act, it was indeed needed. It did make me tear up and was a very powerful presentation. What I took away from the experience was that I should be kind to everyone even though I don’t like them. I should also stand up for people if someone is getting bullied. Rachel Joy Scott did make me think twice before actually being rude to someone.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 93

I’m a Rachel’s challenge member and have been since 6th grade. I think the presentation is needed. Tragic things happen in this world, but it’s amazing how she changed her school and other people before she died. I think it’s needed because, from personal experience, I know what it feels like when people don’t treat you the way you want to be treated and that it doesn’t feel good when you treat someone else bad because they treated you badly. It hurts. No one likes a bully and no one likes to be bullied. I know, and so do four of my friends, some teachers and the councilor, that I took a lot away from that presentation. I cried hard because I knew that I needed to change. I had taken my fear and my little bubble of solitude that I had built in elementary school with me to middle school because I was scared of being picked on. I don’t want to be scared anymore and I don’t want to be mad at my life or people that treated me badly anymore. That is what I took away from the presentation, the fact that I need to change and speak up when I am scared. I don’t think that we should change anything about the presentation. Whether it was effective is a different story. I’m not sure if it was effective. Not that it isn’t, it’s just that I haven’t seen it yet. I do think that it will be effective, however. It has touched me and effected me and I am sure it will effect others. Yes it was worthwhile. We need that little extra push in our lives and I wish I had actually had that push in elementary school. Rachel’s challenge is the best thing about my life.

I think that the presentation was very touching. Yes, the actions that Rachel took to make people feel better about themselves and we should apply that in our school. I try to take Rachel’s into my own hands and do what she did.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 05:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 74

I thought the presentation was inspirational. Her story tells us of her tragic death and of the philosophy she lived in life. After listening to Rachel's story it's amazing how she changed her school and everyone in her life before she died. I did think Rachel's Challenge was needed because no one likes to be put down or bullied because they don't fit in. Rachel's effect was to make people change and to have compassion and acceptance of other people.

Article posted September 26, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 91

I think that the Rachel’s Challenge assembly hit people hard. It was very different from last year. I  This year it hit people like a hammer to the gut. It was very effective and I think people will walk away with a huge load of guilt knowing what they should have done but did not. If your battling your heart with your head it tough. The biggest part of it for was forgiving the shooters. It takes a lot of strength to do that. It is not always easy to forgive. However, remember Angry is a memory never forgotten- The touching Sprit Bear.

I think the Rachel’s Challenge was very effective and touching and worthwhile. The presentation was emotional for me, (which it isn’t very easy to get me emotional!), and I liked the presentation. After the presentation this year, Rachel became my role model, and I started keeping a journal. Thank you Rachel!

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I was not on the continent for the 6th grade assembly but the assembly that was held last week was certainly very very emotional. It spurred some thoughts deeper in my mind though. The presentation was good and I thought it was effective as well. I will attempt to change my personality and practice

pre-acceptance not pre-judgment.

In last years Rachel's Challenge I thought it had lots of emotion every where because it was about a young girl who died in her school by two boys. Rachel was a good person to others and she had a dream. I wanna be just like Rachel to have a dream and be a good person to others. I thought that Rachel's Challenge was worth my time because it change me to help others in need and to never give up.

I think the Rachel's Challenge was great!I think it was worthwhile and needed.It was a great presentation but was sad.What I took away from Rachel's Challenge is that you should always be respectful and kind.I thing that they should show it again next year.Mostly if there are any new people who have not seen this before.:)

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

I believe that was indeed an emotional assembly that we middle schoolers witnessed. Yes I do agree that it was worthwhile to see the presentation. This is because lots of people don’t know the story. I also think that it is correct to inform those that never heard the story. This experience persuaded me to be a better person. I hope to try harder on this mission to be nicer. I do hope that many people learn from this and think to themselves that they live a good life and that your time on Earth is short, so live life to the limit.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 04:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

The Rachel's Challenge presentation left me with something to think about. I think this presentation is definitely worthwhile. The Rachel's Challenge presentation is needed because I'm pretty sure that some bullying goes on in our school and hopefully this assembly will teach the kids who are bullying others to stop and to be more like Rachel. The thing that I took away from this assembly was to accept people for who they are and to always do the right thing, even if it seems weird to others.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 04:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

The Rachel’s Challenge presentation was very inspirational, educational, and uplifting. One of my favorite things about the assembly was the challenges. They really make you think about every action and reflect on it afterwards. I believe that there is no better way to share Rachel’s life and her simple acts of kindness. Over time, Rachel’s Challenge will change Mountain Ridge forever. The F.O.R. club and the banner in the cafeteria are just small steps to creating an atmosphere of kindness at Mountain Rige. Being part of the F.O.R. club myself, I took away that we can follow in Rachel’s footsteps. It all starts with one simple act of kindness. Thank you, Rachel.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 04:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

The effect Rachel’s Challenge had on me was that I need to be extremely kind. It is from being kind that I can change other peoples lives. When I do that I can make a positive impact on other people’s lives.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Rachel’s Challenge Experience

The things that I took away from the assembly are the fact that just because someone has hurt you does not mean you have to hurt anyone else.

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 03:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I learned from Rachel’s Challenge that the hardest path later on in life becomes the path you should have chosen and to make people remember you in the best way possible. Also the challenge taught me and my class mates to go the extra mile to be nice because you never know if they'll be gone the next day.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 04:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

For Rachel’s Challenge I believe that it is something good to have come to our school each year. I think it is a great way to learn and its something that people will remember. I can make a difference in this by doing as Rachel did, I can be nice and a good friend. I can love others as equals, and most importantly, I can start a chain reaction. What I took away from this is knowledge of what happened, and what I can do to make a difference.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 01:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

I think Rachel's Challenge gives us something new to think about every year. Sure it's the same story, but you have to be open-minded and really think about what you could get out of the assembly. I think Rachel's Challenge is an opportunity to learn about being kind and being the joy to others around you.

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 03:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I think the Rachel’s Challenge assembly is important because I believe students need to know how much of an impact someone can make on the world for being kind and showing compassion. I really thought “What if I everyone simply lived like today was their last?” I will never hold a grudge. I will make friends, not enemies.

I think that the presentation will be very life changing to a lot of people at MRMS. So I do think that it is worthwhile, needed, and effective. I think that it is worthwhile, needed, and effective because this will definitely change how people treat others. It will affect everyone because now they should know that they should treat others in a good way because you never know what may happen. Also, if you want to be treated nicely you should treat others the way that you would like to be treated. I took away how I should treat others, especially people who are not familiar with something because it is always the right thing to do. I will change how I talk to people. It is not like I ever talked to someone in a mean way I am just saying that I will watch what I say to someone just in case another person hears it and they get offended. I hope that this presentation will change your actions, too.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 03:45 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 70

In my opinion, the Rachel's Challenge assembly affected everyone emotionally. It helped us to think about other people's feelings and the times when they are in need of support from their friends. I learned to think about others before I think about myself.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

I felt that the Rachel's Challenge presentation was emotional. I would NOT change anything about the video. I thought that the story of Rachel was very touching because it was very sad that she was the first person killed in the Colombine massacre. I thought that Rachel's Challenge was worthwhile because it has spread across the world! The Rachel's Challenge presentation made me feel sad for Rachel's family. It made me want to make other people feel better about themselves now because I might not get the chance later.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 04:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 112

I think the Rachel's challenge was effective to people. Also, the assemble was very emotional and touching. I think it was needed and helped many people. I think it didn't changed that many people within our school but, it changed me a little bit and I try to live up to Rachel's challenge.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 12:36 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

I think the Rachel’s challenge presentation was very emotional and helpful, and it definitely made everyone think about their life choices. to everyone that saw it because, it showed everyone Rachel’s legacy and what she showed to everyone she met. The presentation was very worthwhile because it taught us all so much about things that will help us in life like pre accepting before judging people we know nothing about it also taught me and probably a lot of other people to live their lives to the fullest and the best that they can. I think it was definitely needed because everyone struggles with different thing sometimes.

I think what I “took away” from this presentation is the kind of person I want to be, because when people thought of Rachel they only thought of good things and that’s what I want people to do when they think of me. I plan to always try to accept people the way they are no matter what they do because I know what it feels like to be judged and hurt and it doesn’t ever feel good. Rachel is a person I want to be like and a role model for everyone that has heard her story. Rachel had big dreams but she also had a feeling that she was not going to have a long life and unfortunately what she thought was true, though sometimes we feel like our lives are not going to be very long just live your life to the fullest. My friend Gian-luc is no longer with us but he's in a better place and I honestly think that Rachel's Challenge helped him live his life to the fullest, he did before but after Rachel's challenge you could just tell by the way he acted towards everyone. Rachel encouraged Gian-luc and he encouraged me to be a better person no matter what is going on. Rachel has really inspired me to follow my dreams and go out of your way to always care.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 104

Rachel’s Challenge

I thought it was touching because so many people died. What I don’t understand is why they picked Rachel and not one of the other twelve that died. They could have been special too. Anyway when people cry I usually cry so that is what made me cry in the assembly. I think the assembly was worthwhile because it was a different thing I mean didn’t it change to Rachel’s Legacy??? Well, when I was attending the assembly I thought of all the people I knew that died (in my family) so I think that is another reason I cried.  All in all thought it was worth wile.

I think the Rachel’s Challenge presentation was thought provoking and pretty sad as well. I think it was worthwhile because even if someone has nothing to do with Rachel’s Challenge for the rest of their life, they can still reflect on this story and decide that it’s something they want to participate in. Even though I think it was worthwhile, I am not sure it is needed. This is because as far as I can tell, nobody else changed. I did barely change after seeing this in sixth grade. I found that it only changed how I thought about a few things but not really how I acted. I don’t know if other people are the same way but I am kind of interested to find out

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

The assembly we had on September 1st really made me think. Even last year I wondered why everything worked out as Rachel thought. I am always amazed at the fact that she took the time out of her day just to talk to someone she hardly knew or keep someone from being bullied. I definitely think it is worth it to sit on the hard floor to watch that. It effects our whole school and I can tell. After coming out if the assembly some people just keep on living their lives but the majority of people are changed and silent as they walk out of the gym. It effects everyone and is needed to give everyone an understanding of some of the very bad things that go on sometimes so that each kid knows deep down that it will never be them. What I took away from this assembly is to make goals and write in your journal. It is amazing how her personality was so kind. I think it has somewhat to do with her writing in her journal. She put up the effort to write every day. If Rachel had not chosen to do so then we would have not have known her legacy as well. The things Rachel wrote in her journal were priceless and are treasured within her family.

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 04:20 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

I feel that the Rachel’s Challenge assembly is very necessary and we as citizens need to realize that tragedy happens in life. We have to keep moving on in life and not live in fear. The Rachel’s Challenge assembly reminds us who we are and what life is really all about

Article posted September 17, 2011 at 02:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

The presentation was heart touching to me. Yes it is worthwhile. It is needed because it is a sad/happy cause to tell the students what happened about the school shooting at Columbine High School. I have had so many thoughts about Rachel being killed in that school, that night when I got home I was thinking to my self "what if I don't wake up the next morning?", "what if that happens at Mountain Ridge Middle School?" I would change some stuff about "Rachel's Challenge" because we should all create this big group and make all kinds of memories of Rachel.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 01:38 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 66

Rachel’s Challenge

I really thought that this year’s assembly was wonderful. It inspired me a great deal.

Rachel’s Legacy is a great idea- and a great name and I look forward to the next meeting, 9/7.

The video they made this year told a lot about her life, and it was very “dramatic”.

But they left out some important facts, such as the secret door they found with her diary in it.

I think it is very worthwhile to take time to help and care for people. That’s what Rachel did.

It is definitely worthwhile and effective. It is changing peoples’ lives all the time.

I took from this that you should forgive yourself, as well as others. I teared up more than once.

It is very emotional. I saw tons of kids needing to go to Counseling.

I am, like I said, totally looking forward to getting to touch peoples’ lives all over the place.

-Zoë

I thought that the Rachel's Challenge assembly was really touching. It shows how much we need to appreciate our lives and kill others with kindness. Rachel's Challenge, I think, is needed at MRMS because our school needs to know about Rachel and what she did for others whether they liked her or dis liked her. Everyone should follow her footsteps, show kindness, and standup to stop bullying.

I think  the assembly was needed and effective. Needed because it could change the way people are thinking about each other. Effective because it makes people want to be a part and make a difference in other people's life. What I took away from this experiance is that everybody does things for a reason, like things are going bad at home, or they may not have friends at school and it might lead them to bully other people to let out their pain. What I will change is giving everyone a chance, and trying to get to know them better or help them make new friends.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 04:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I thought the assembly was very moving. I also believe that everyone should be as nice as they can be to each other. I will try to be nicer and be more encouraging. Yes I think it was needed and effective because now everyone is being nicer. I took away that you need to live life to the fullest because it can end at any moment.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 12:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

The presentation I saw last week I thought was very moving. I got a thought in my mind that maybe I should do things like that. If I do things like Rachel I thought, "Would people recognize me more? Would I be known for being nice and kind?" The presentation was definitly worthwile, needed, and effective. I saw many teachers and students crying that day and I almost cried myself and it was the first time I ever heard this story. From this experience I took away that kindness can do a lot of things and can effect many people even just by one person. Rachel said "It only takes one person to make a difference in the world." From this experience I will take part in Rachel's Challenge and try to be as nice as her.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 03:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

Rachael’s Challenge is a very sensitive subject for most, and I personally feel that the assemblies are necessary to help people look into their lives and make changes for the better. Rachael was a great person and impacted many lives. Some people don’t care, and others just don’t pay attention, but I think that Rachael was a great example for us all and that Rachael’s Challenge is an amazing challenge for everyone.Rachel challenges me to be more compassionate to others.Racheal has impacted me and what I do and say because she lived a short life but impacted many and that is now one of my goals.:)

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I thought that the presentation was great and worth the time as well as very needed and effective. I took away a lot from it like that I should really be nicer to people. I am going to try to be nicer to people and reach out more to others.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 01:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Well if you would want to know my opinion, It was very hard to sit there because of all of the things that you know happened in your life. I think it is a very great thing to show us kids. It shows we have to be forgiving and caring. You see all these things happening in school and you don’t care. You also see just down right mean people. Honestly you need to forgive and forget. Some people just need to learn that. That assembly was very needed. I know that it has effected me to learn to be a better person. I know it’s hard but, you have to try. I am tired of hanging with the wrong crowd. You need to be you. We all know there is a sweet kind and forgiving person in everyone. This is around everywhere it has to effect others. I have learned you have to be a good person to have good friends.

Emotion. Greif. This story touched hearts of millions, across the Nation. Rachel is someone who everyone should act life. This was a definitely important thing to see and hear about. Last year it brought tears to my eyes. This year, it made me full out sob. This world is full of hate and anger. If only we could make is never seem to exist, now that’s a perfect world. This was defiantly a needed assembly. It teaches tweens and teens about compassion and understanding. This is something I would and never will forget. My legacy starts today.

~Greeny

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 86

I think Rachel's Challenge has affected me in allot of ways. but the one reason that most affected me is the fact that she was so nice and to think that she made that much of an impact on the world. I hope that I can do the same thing when I am older. I want to help others and fight for what I believe in.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

I thought the presentation was very emotional but still very inspiring I love how Rachel was so nice and kind. Also I thought that the presentation was helpful to people that needed to learn how to start a chain reaction of kindness. I definiantly think the presentation was worthwhile because it really helped to open my eyes and make someone’s day every once in a while. I think our school did need that assembly to start another chain reaction of kindness and I think it was effective for example I was having a rough day and a friend said that I looked very pretty and that made my day! What I took away from the assembly was that Rachel was a nice caring person who changed people’s lives and I realized I can do that too with a simple act of kindness. I am defiantly going change my attitude and be more like Rachel and try to make someone feel good every day.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 02:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

I think that the Rachel assembly was very sad and...sad. I believe that assembly will stay in our minds for a long time. I believe that it was worthwhile but I don't think that the assembly needed to go on about it for that long. I sort of thought the assembly was needed. It did remind us to be kind to others no matter what but I don't believe that people should keep reminding us of a sad memory that happened a long time ago. Personally, it bothers me that they keep reminding me of something sad like that every year. But that’s just me. I really do believe that the assembly was effective! I don't know about you, but I heard quite a lot of sniffing! And to add to that, the music didn't help either! This might be surprising, but I will not change or do anything different with the way I act! I am already trying to be nice to everyone and everyone should just try to be themselves! Be nice or sad or whatever you want to be, because when the time comes, you'll know what to do with your life. Be who you want to be and not what others want. Be nice sometimes or be angry, sad, frustrated or in between., Because that’s the wonderful thing about being human. We can be who we want to be, and you are always different and special in your own special way.

Article posted September 16, 2011 at 02:47 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

When I saw Rachel's challenge in the gym I personally thought it was creepy. The reason i thought this was because it's weird how Rachel thought she was going to die young. Despite that, she thought she was going to die as a homicide victim. I also thought it was sad. I felt bad for her brother, because the last thing he said to her was hateful and he wishes that he could go back in time and take back what he said. Rachel's challenge is a life changing story. I think that whenever I meet someone in my life, I shouldn't leave them with hateful words.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 04:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 76

I thought the presentation was awesome and I was touched.

I also thought it is worth while because if we didn't have it we wouldn't know about a girl who changed the world.

I think it is needed because we learn about different things to help others and change them forever.

This is very effective because people might of been touched by Rachel's story and listen to her challenge.

I tooke something from that and it was to always be nice others so everyone will be touched by you. I will also treat others the way I would want to be treated.

I love Rachel’s Challenge Assemblies and I cry every single time. Last year I cried the most because I never knew about the Columbine shooting. This year was (No offense) not that touching. It was still worthwhile and needed so all kids know what happened to Rachel that frightful day. We also need to know what we can do to help! I definetly think we should keep the part where her brother talks about their fight right before her death. I always remember that after my sisters and I fight so that I always apologize like five minutes later.

I think the presentation was a little emotional. I do think it was worthwhile because it is about teaching you to be kind. I probably take out the parts of the people talking about how Rachel was one of the first ones to die. In addition, I think they can take out some of the stories. I think this will affect the lives of many people including me beacause it touches the heart of many.

Article posted September 6, 2011 at 05:36 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 79

The presentation was still very touching. It is worthwhile because if everyone was that way we would be living in a utopian society. You really need to take to heart that you need to be kind to everyone. We could be living much better if we acted like Rachel. I will accept more and be kind to everyone. Rachel’s story is meant to change lives.

I thought that the Rachel’s Challenge presentation was really emotional. The assembly was so worthwhile. It makes everyone want to be a better person. I’m going to try to by nicer to my sister and all my friends. I was crying through the whole thing. She was so nice and helpful and that’s the person she wants everyone to be. Her dream of changing the world has come true. Rachel’s Challenge taught me a lot about how to be a better person.

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 07:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 70

Most of you saw the assembly on August 30th about Rachel's challenge, I think we should all try our hardest to be a good person like her, and respect others around us. We all should remember this and try our hardest to accomplish the task she set for us. This changed my thought about disrespecting others.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 04:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

I think that all schools need this moving assembly because it makes you realize all of the bad things that can happen. It also gives you ideas of what you can do to make a difference, or to start a chain reaction like Rachel did. It also helps us to get the most out of things while we can and to forgive people that we find is hard to. I think that a very important lesson learned from this assembly is to accept others the way they are. This organization is very touching and I think that all schools should know just what Rachel did to make a difference.

I think that the presentation was spectacular. It was really touching and encouraged many people to do the right thing and be more respectful toward people. The presentation I think was definitely worthwhile and definitely something we needed to look back at and it was something that we need to remember. The presentation was very effective toward people, because it made people get emotional, and made people realize that violence and bulling does not solve problems. I learned in this presentation not to disrespect people and to just tolerate people the way you want to be tolerated.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 03:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

I think that the Rachel’s Challenge assembly was very inspiring. I think that it is worthwhile presentation that reminds you, life is short so make the best of every minute you got. I think it is effective because the story grasps your attention and makes you want to listen. I took away from the experience that you never know what day will be your last or someone else’s last. So treat everyday like it’s your last. I will do something different; treat everyone with kindness, even on a bad day because you never know what minute will be your last minute.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 01:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

When I watched the Rachel’s Challenge assembly, I thought it was really inspiring. Even though those two boys did what they shouldn’t have, we all have something to learn about Rachel and the tragic event that occurred. Rachel was a really nice person to everyone. She was the type of person that would come up to you and just make your day. If people in our school did what Rachel did to her peers, everyone would be friends and would have a wonderful day. Therefore, my thought about the Rachel’s Challenge assembly was needed, effective, and worthwhile because you can learn some serious life lessons from her. What I’m going to take away from this experience is to transform the school into a friendly environment. We can all transform the school if we are all as kind hearted as Rachel.

Article posted September 6, 2011 at 05:39 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

I find that the Rachel’s challenge assembly was similar to the one last year. Though it was expressive and might bring the desired effect, it is repetitive. What I took away from that is the same thing I took away from it last year, be compassionate to others. I find that it was worthwhile and needed because some of the people in this school need to learn compassion.

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I thought that the assembly last week for Rachel’s Legacy was worthwhile, needed and very affective. Rachel defiantly makes me want to be a better person to my family, friends and even people I don’t even know. I took away many things from the assembly. I took away the meaning of what it means to be a true leader and that everybody deserves kindness. Rachel’s Legacy was an eye opener to many people including myself. I remind myself daily to be like Rachel. I think that we need more than one assembly a year because half way through the year everyone stops caring about what we learned earlier in the year.

I thought that the Rachel’s Challenge (or Rachel’s legacy, as it was called this year) assembly was incredibly moving. It made me reflect back on all the things I’ve done and am doing now. The presentation, in my opinion, was very worthwhile for it taught me how to not only forgive others, but how to forgive myself, too. I believe that Rachel’s assembly both needed and effective in every place it travels to. I took away lots of information on the shooting and also tons of emotions. I have decided that I will try my best to help more instead of just walking towards my next class. I know that it sounds like a lot, but yes, Rachel’s Challenge did all of this for me.

I think that the presentation got the point across very well. I don't think it is worthwhile because it is sad. The administrators could just tell the students to be kind and treat others the way you want to be treated. It is not needed to learn about a girls death; yet we should still learn to be kind to one and other. I don't think it is effective because most people don't want to hear about a girl who died 12 years ago. I took away to try and be like Rachel, by being kind and caring to everyone even if they have no friends or are being picked on by others. I am not going to change because I am not a bully, and I don't know anyone that is a bully so I could stick up for anyone.

I thought that this year’s presentation was very touching, just like last years. I liked this assembly a little bit better, but that may have just been that I was expecting a repeat, and instead there was a whole new assembly. I was touched by all the interviews, and all the reenactments. Something that has stayed with me and kept me thinking was how Rachel and her brother were having a fight when they last saw each other, and how her brother slammed the car door. In a way, it’s not take each day and act as if it’s your last, its treat others every day like it’s their last. The presentation was definitely worthwhile, and for me, it keeps me intact, and not as grumpy. The effect on some people is undeniable.  In conclusion, I ask you one question: Does your legacy start today?

I thought the presentation was very emotional because I cried. This year, and last year’s presentation was very emotional and very worthwhile. I think it is very needed because it makes kids aware and teaches kids, and adults to be nicer to others and how kindness can make a change in someone’s life. Rachel’s Challenge is very effective and I know it has definitley affected me, I am trying to be nicer to others. One of the things I took away from this presentation is how being nicer can change the world.

I thought the presentation was sad and good that they want to make a change. I think it was worth our time because there is too much of bullying in any school .We need more good kids all over. I did not think last year’s Rachel’s challenge was really effective because there was a lot of bullying still going on all over school. What did I take inside I was very sad I really wanted to change the whole world.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 12:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

Rachel’s challenge meant a lot to me because I thought that it was amazing how many people she touched with her stories. It is even cooler that 14 people were named after her. That shows that even if you do something as little as hold a door open for someone, that little act of kindness can go across the world. She definitely had a big effect in the world, a good one. From now on, I will try to do as many kind things as I can because eventually it will come back and help me.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 05:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

I think that Rachel's challenge was a good presentation. It was very worthwhile, but I don't think it is needed, but I also think it is very effective. From these assemblies I take away that I need to be nicer, more outgoing, more thoughtful, and a better person by being more inclusive, more helpful, and by trying to understand better.

I thought it was a great presentation, and I think it was needed because it tought me how one person could change people lives even a persons day. Like with the new kid who picked on other kid but Rachel talked to him and he change. It also tot me just respect others. Also I think its needed because it will teach kids about what happened and how it affected peoples lives so it doesn’t happen agen.

I think that Rachels Challenge is a great thing for the school. We can all spread an act of kindness, and we will have a great school year. It is amazing how one person can do so much. Rachel has had a big influence on me I always try to live my life like she did. It was amazing just to think that one person has influenced all around the United States, with acts of kindness.

I think Rachel's Challenge presentation was amazing. The presentation really got me thinking about the effect you can have on other people. You can brighten someone’s day just by smiling. Everything starts with one, one person, one act of kindness, and even one word. Just to think that Rachel’s Challenge started with one person, Rachel. I’m in awe of what one person can do. Even though that is a big impact, before you should add something to your daily routine, you should change it. Change how you see people, don’t be prejudges. Someone might just be having a bad day. It’s what’s on the inside that really counts. Rachel’s Challenge presentation it is worthwhile, needed, and effective.

I thought that Rachel's challenge was sad but it also should make you feel good. It may make you try to be a better person and try to be a good person so people will want to be your friend.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 02:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I think the presentation was good it almost made me cry seeing the videos. I think it was worthwhile because the message I got from it was we should enjoy every minuet of the time we have alive with our loved ones.I think it was needed because it also says we should be nice to people because when we die we will be remembered as some one nice and who cared for not only themselves but other people too. This was also necessary because some people might not have known what happened on that day. I think I will change and maby be nicer and be a better person then I was before.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 75

I thought that the Rachels Challenge assembly was necessary because then the sixth graders know what it is and it reminds us about it. It reminds us that we need to start a chain reaction and about Rachel who died. I will try to start a chain reaction. I thought we all needed to be reminded of it again. 

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 04:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

I think that the Rachel's Chalenge is worth seeing and I would encourage all people to go and see it.

I don't want to say too much about it since I want you to go and see it. I will tell you this it is very emotional and heart touching I think that this is the most emotional assembly Ive been to, but it is a really good assembly.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

I thought that this assembly was awesome and that it helped others to be nicer. I thought this was a worthwhile assembly because it touched many people's hearts. I definitely thought we needed this assembly because It helped others know how great it is to be nice to people others than being mean. It made other people fill up buckets instead of taking from them. This was probably very effective to everyone because people who bully may stop bullying and it may help them become better people. I will try, myself, to change in a way and hopefully by the last time I watch this video, or assembly, I will have changed into a much better person.

On the Rachel’s legacy assembly I thought about Gian-luc about him dying young. Yes it was a good thing to do. After the assembly I went to counseling with me best friend to talk because she was crying. Later that night, Katherine, my best friend, and I came to the presentation with her mom. That one was more emotional because it was the one they give to high schools. Yes it was needed because I think that our school has been a happier place. I took away all the feellings the parents had because they lost their kids.

What I contemplated about the Rachel’s Challenge production last week was that it was extraordinarily genuine and poignant. I thought what Rachel was trying to accomplish was something really amazing to me. I thought it was worthwhile, because we can all feel safe and comfortable as long as we all do our part. I thought it was needed to bring it to our attention so that we may be able to all do our part and see how Rachel was able to achieve what she wanted to in her short life. I think it was very effective, because everybody at our school has started showing more acts of kindness than there were before. What I took away from this presentation was that we should always be showing acts of kindness no matter what. I will start performing pre-acceptance, because pre-acceptance is better than pre-judging. I think that we all should start changing and doing things differently so that we may be like Rachel and start a chain reaction. 

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

I think that Rachel’s challenge is a very effective experience. I think it is also need because it gives kids, like us, more perspective on life. Rachel’s challenge made me think of life in a different way. That night I went home thinking what if I just didn’t wake up tomorrow. That changed my perspective on life. That made me want to leave a good impression on everyone I ever met. So I did, but I figured out that is hard to be nice to everybody. It’s also hard to please everybody. But I think that Rachel’s challenge is a great learning experience and that the school should continue with that program.

At the Rachel’s legacy assembly I thought it was emotional because people lost the lives. Also parents lost their children. I think it is worthwhile because there is too much bullying in any school. This school needed this because there is too much bullying in this school. I thought last year was not effective and I hope this year is different. After the assembly I felt like I should do my part to be a better person.

I think the Rachel's Challenge assembly was overwhelming. Seeing classmates crying after the assembly made it sadder. No family should go through what Rachel's family went through. Rachel's death effected many lives in ways of caring. It was a sad story to hear about last year and this year.People should think a million times before harming innocent people like Rachel. Also, it will affect me because of the help I need to give to others.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 12:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

Rachel’s Challenge was a pretty good presentation. It wasn’t as sad because I have seen the video before. I do not think that the assembly was worthwhile. I t was a little effective on me. The assembly could be needed depending on what situation you are in. I took away kindness from the assembly. Technically, I did that last year. This year, I also took away forgiveness. Over all, Rachel’s Challenge was an okay presentation.

I truly feel that the Rachel's Challenge assembly was needed. It really made me think of how I can I be a better person. I don't think that I was the only person who was affected by this assembly. If we can all be little Rachels I honestly believe we can make a difference. Even if just a few people act in Rachel's footsteps, our school, community, and world will become better and safer places. I want to make a positive difference, just like Rachel.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 79

I think the assembly was a very emotional, inspiring, and great. It was definetly worthwhile ,because you get to hear this story about this amazing girl and how inspiring she is to other people. It was needed to think about how you can change the environment around you. I think it was effective because it inspired alot of people to be like Rachel. I would like to be more like Rachel.

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 05:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

I think Rachel's Challenge this year was a lot better than last year. Last year, they focused too much on the actual shooting. This year, however, they focused a lot more on Rachel. They really focused on how she knew she would die young and make a difference. She really made a huge difference for all of the communities and schools seeing these presentations. She will always be known for changing lives by being kind. This affects me because Rachel showed one act of kindness can change a life.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

Rachel’s Challenge I thought was a lot more moving than last year’s presentation. With more footage from the actual shooting, it made it much more difficult to watch. What I took away personally is that friendships are the most important thing you get from school. The clip of the teen telling someone about his friend’s death was really emotional. That one really hit me hard. It made me realize how important friendships are. I know realize that I must try harder to keep friendships going. I hope everyone else was moved by this presentation as much as I was.