7th grade, what a year.  7th grade started out pretty bad.  I didn't have any kind of interest in any of my classes.  As a matter of fact, I hated school.  As the year went on 7th grade got better, I decided that I better get with it or my mom was going to have my rear end.  I decided to work harder and with that hard work I saw my grades improve and I think my teachers appreciated it more.  It wasn't like I wasn't paying attention, I just didn't want to be there.  As I buckled down and work harder on my grades, I got a lot more privileges at home.  I liked that.  However, as I brought up one grade it seemed like another fell.  It seems like maybe if I am trying harder in one class and concentrating on what is going on in that class another class gets forgotten about and the grade slips.  I guess next year in the 8th grade that will be something I need to work on.  I learned how to be a little more open with everyone and not be so bottled up.  I just don't have a lot to say, people say I am my fathers son because he is the same way, without the green hair of course.  If I could change anything it would be to start the year out working harder and setting better goals for myself to be successful from the beginning.  I did learn that if you don't do your work or turn in your homework, your teachers are less likely to help and then your mom is on top of you all the time about the things you were suppose to do. 

I would like to tell the next class coming in to ask for help if you need it.  Teachers can't read your mind and if you are struggling with something ask for help. 

I think the format of this book is ok.  It can be boring at times and interesting at other times.  Seedfolk I think is about how people come together and make a community garden.  This tells me that people really can get along without knowing one another.   I like Ana because she doesn't stop trying to get the government to clean up all the trash in the lot.  I dislike Virgil's dad because he is always trying to do something for money and never to help the community.  In science we planted a S tomato seed and a T tomato seed, we are trying to determine which seeds are capable in going to space.  So far the T seed has sprouted and the S seed has not.  In Language Arts, I painted a bunch of colors on a rock.  I thought a lot of colors would look cool on a rock, however, I don't think it turned out very cool, to many colors.  My favorite activity was the tomato seeds in science.   

The experience of International Towne was great.  My country was India and I worked in a Threatre.  It was interesting to watch the Indian movies that were being shown.  I learned that in you can't drink a slush puppie in the middle of the world.  You get arrested for that.  I also learned that Greece supplies alot of goods to different countries.  I wouldn't change anything because this is the best field trip I have ever been on.  The best part of this experience was getting the slush puppie drink in Mexico. 

What Weapons and Armor did the Ancient Romans use in The Battle of Ziles?

I really enjoyed this project. I learned alot about the Ancient Romans that I didn't know. The Ancient Romans would always try to better themselves when it came to battles. They would always look at what tactics the enemy was using and put them to use with their own tactics during the next battle. They also looked at the different weapons and armor their enemy used and tried to come up with new weapons and armor using their stuff and the enemies together.

Something I thought was interesting was that Julius Ceasar said Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered). People still use that today as a saying when they have accomplished something. I also learned that Julius Ceasar lead the Roman soldiers to victory in The Battle of Ziles.

Ancient Roman weapons and armor are still used today in a way. For instance, body armor, the police use bullet proof vests. That is a type of body armor. Another one is helmets for football or the swat team, helmets in ancient roman battles were used to protect your head. Same concept with football or the swat team.

As for other 7th grade projects...... I learned that Zeus and Poseidon were actually brothers. They were both gods, Zeus was the king of the gods and Poseidon was the god of the sea.

I have to say this was one of my favorite assignments all year. I really put my mind to it and came out with a great project.

What Weapons and Armor did the Romans use in The Battle of Ziles?

The Battle of Ziles was known as The Battle of Zela. It took place on August 2, 47 BC in Zile. Zile is now a small hilltop town in the Tokat Province of Northern Turkey.  The Ancient Romans were lead to victory by Julius Caesar.  Rome was one of the most powerful empires of the Ancient world.  Romans built their strong military with courage, duty and honor.  Because the Romans had all kinds of different weapons they could chose what would benefit them most in a battle.  Today, we have the same option, we get to determine what will benefit us more during a war.  Whether is is a rifle or a grenade.  Ancient Romans used quite a few weapons and armor, each battle they had a new type of weapon.  Today we are protected by new and improved weapons.  

This project is coming along well.  I have learned how The Batlle of Ziles was won and how Julius Caesar was involved.  I ended up with a ton of information and I think the hardest part is going to be choosing what I want to talk about.  I feel like it is important for me to discuss the weapons and tactics that were used in The Battle of Ziles.  Julius Caesar made a huge mistake in this battle and it almost costed him his life.  He actually pulled almost all of the soldiers off the front line and sent them to do their everyday things.  The enemy moved in quick and he made a fast decision to get all soldiers back.  It could of gone the other way.   

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 12:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

In September 2006, my dog Meatball, a blue heeler puppy, was officially named a Jackson.  A few months later he started to get bigger and started chasing birds in the sky.  The first time we let him out of our sight he dug a hole under the fence and went and visited our neighbor Treg in his back yard. Treg returned him safely to us and we fixed the hole he dug.  Another few months went by and Meatball got even bigger.  He could chase the birds even faster and he learned how to jump towards them.  By the time Meatball was a year old he could jump an eight foot fence with no problem.  My dad would hold treats above his head and Meatball would jump up and get the treat.  Meatball also use to take a big pot we put water in and dump his water out and play with his pot.  He would bounce it all over the backyard.  He would start at one end of the backyard and jump and hit the pot, it would roll clear across the backyard, he would chase it and then turn around and  jump up and hit his pot again.  We lived in a house that the neighbor didn't like it when he did that, that neighbor called the Humane Society on my family and we had to take Meatball's pot away from him.  Now, he has a football on a rope that we play with him.  Meatball has been a great friend and protector.  He doesn't let anybody around our house that he doesn't know.  He barks everytime he hears someone new or sees someone walking, he even barks at the trash man. Meatball mostly is my brothers dog, but he still likes me.  This past August we added a new member to our family, Harley.  We are pretty sure that Meatball likes him, but he does keep Harley in line and lets him know who is boss.  I could go on for hours with stories about Meatball, I hope one day I will get to tell the same kind of stories about Harley.

Personally I didn't care for the dissection of the chicken wing.  I actually told my mom I didn't want to eat chicken for a while.  It really wasn't worth while for me because I am just not that into it.  I learned what cartilidge looks like, and what bone marrow looks like.  I guess it was kind of neat to see how the muscles work.  Other than that I would have to say that this was my least favorite thing to do in science so far.

The Smelly Monster has:

A head of stinky cabbage.

Ears of nasty swiss cheese.                                                                                         

His eyes are green eggs.

Ham for his mouth has a great stench.

His body is covered with smelly, dirty, unwashed clothes.                                                            

Nasty mayonnaise he uses for deodorant.

Arms of moldy cucumbers.

Hands covered in yucky oranges.

Smelly bacon fingers.

Legs of old zucchini.

Feet of rotting bananas

Toes of licked licorice.

Tail of rotten sausage links.

Mr. Smelly wouldn’t be a very good house guest.

In the green and black box.

The round disc placed.

On the big black screen above.

The man fights the evil.

With the guns ablazing.

To kill the zombie lurking.

To be the most powerful fighter.

I understand that times were different back then, but I don't believe it was right for black people to be treated different than white people.  Having to go to school with Army troops walking you to class, so that you can be safe is unbelievable.  I am glad that the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional to have segregation in schools.  Ernest Green paved the road for others.  He was confident with his decision to go ahead and go to school.  He wanted a better education and he said he was going to get one.  Ernest Green was the only senior in the Little Rock Nine and that is why he was the first black person to graduate from Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I think that is the coolest part about him, that made him historical.  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't join any clubs like he couldn't.  He played the saxophone and was not able to play in the band because he was black.  I don't believe people should be judged by the color of their skin, they should be judged by the way they act, talk, etc.  I think that if I was in Ernest Green's position I would have done the same thing and stood my ground to make a difference for future generations.  I don't think I could have gone on without fighting back.  Today discrimination still goes on.  I think it is wrong because not all people are at fault  for being who they are race wise. Every one is different in their own way and race should not be an issue.   Today our society looks at all middle eastern people as being a threat to us because of 911, but not all middle eastern people are out to get us. Just because one bad person does something bad, that doesn't mean that all people in that race are going to do something bad.