I am proud that we have banned book week.  I don't think any book should be banned just beacause one person disagrees with it. If a reader doesn't like a book, than they should put the book down, not try to get it banned! Any ways, baned book week is a good example of how here, we have the freedom to say what we want, and not have someone else tell us what to say.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 04:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Books should not be banned. I feel that people have a right to write what they want to write. People do have the freedom of speech, but I don’t think they should speak against a book unless it’s hurting someone else. We all have a choice to choose and certain people can choose not to read those books. Those people who choose not to read those books should not ban other people from reading them though. That is why I feel that books should not be banned.

I feel they should be banned because I can not read about stuff. It falls in to where kids have the rite to not read if they do not want to. I think we do because my dad makes me read 7 days a week so pretty much every day. I do think they sould be banned.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 01:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I felt more not to ban books because one, it helps people to read and write more advanced. It’s also a great form of entertainment. Reading books is a lot healthier for your brain rather than video games. I think that’s it’s important to have a freedom to read and to read a book you choose. People should choose weather or not of having books. We all have the choice to choose. Another thing is that if somebody reads too much, they couldn’t focus on homework or spend time with their family. It’s important to have a balance of activities so you have both things met.

I personally do not like the banning of books. Ihe reason I don't is because it is like a violation of the right to freedom of speech because the author is talking through his book. However in the governments defence you have to draw a line somwhere. The question of where the line is however is not up to us to decide we can still protest the banning of books.

Psrsonally, I think no book should be banned, every book has something to share, good or bad.

This has much to do wth freedom of speech because a book is your thoughts, your ideas, written down in text. We all have the choice to choose what to read, If you do not like a book, don't read it but there a re people there that will enjoy it. Books should NOT BE BANNED!!! Every American has the right to read anything the choose.

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 12:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

The idea of banning books shouldn't be necessary and this is why they shouldn't be banned. I feel like there shouldn’t be banned books because it’s mostly the reader’s choice to read the book or not. It’s just awful we have banned books. I think people should have freedom of speech, but they shouldn’t banned book unless if it's hurting the readers.

I think banning books is wrong because I absolutely love reading books! People should not ban any books in the classroom because, people like different types of books and well maybe they don’t like one type of genre so they won't like the other categories. Reading isn't my favorite thing to do but, they should definitely not ban any books.

I don't think that books should be banned. We should all have the option to read what we want to read. I personally don't like to read but I know how many people do enjoy it. Although when I do have to read, I like to choose. I don't want to have to read a book that bores me to sleep. While a person thinks a book is bad, another disagrees. That proves that many people have different opinions. If you don't like a book, just read another one. I mean just think about how awful it would be to have your favorite book be banned!  So I say no to books being banned but I like the idea of banned books week because it shows us all how lucky we are that we get to read the books we want to read.

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I think some books should be banned. Many books contain bad language that just shouldn't be used in books or otherwise. Some good books, like Huckleberry Finn, are good books, but often have bad words in them. Theme is also a problem. What if someone wrote a book about terrorists who bomb the White House. Mabey the book has a great plan of how to do it, something that would work. You can't just give people a fool-proof plan on how to kill the president. What if someone wrote about a new form of government that sounds appealing. New theories about how the USA should be run would rise. Despite the freedom of speach, some books should be banned. 

Article posted September 28, 2011 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

I think Banned Books Week is a great way to promote good books, as well as some basic rights and freedoms. I completely agree with the idea that everyone should be able to access all books, no matter what the topic. I hope the librarians nationwide continue to support Banned Books Week.

I feel that Banned Books Week is not bad. It falls under the Freedom of Speech because people are just expressing their ideas, so they have the freedom to do that. I think that this is not exactly a bad thing, but again, some people may be agaist my opinion.  I guess that it depends on how the book is, then we could decide whether it should be banned or not. There are some books that should be banned just because some people could get bad ideas from it, while there are other books that they are perfect and there would be no harm in someone reading it.

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I feel very happy about banned book week, because it shows how lucky we our to have all that freedom. Freedom of speech falls into this because we the people are allowed to write or read whatever,whenever, we want. This is something that an individual has to choose. I don't think books should be banned because everyone should be able to read whatever they want.

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 01:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

I say it shouldn't be legal to ban books. after all this country was created to allow freedom. However it probably would be a good idea to keep more... intense... books out of reach from younger kids. It might be a good idea to make it so have to go to a counter to get more adult books instead of just grabbing it off a shelf.

Band Books Week has an impact on many people. Well I feel that this is offending the authors of the books because this is their creation that they are proud of and sure we aren't going to like some books but that doesn't mean we can just go and trash them or ban them. If people haven't noticed others might like these books. Yes we have our opinions which is where our freedom of speech comes in but don't take the books you don't like away especially if many people like the book or the books. I personally think books shouldn't be ban because you are taking someone’s chance to read a new book and maybe even like that book away from them. I also believe that we all have the choice to choose these are books coming out of our local libraries, our school libraries etc. So yes I believe that we all have a right to choose which books we like and dislike. Even though we choose what books we like and dislike does not mean we can take away a book from others who would like to read something new.

Article posted October 8, 2011 at 05:04 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 41

I think that banning books is good and bad. Certain books are worth banning. There are some books that I would not be okay with banning, but reading really isn't my thing. Freedom of Speech does come into this because when authors right something, it's usually for a purpose or to express themselves. That is my view on Banned Books Week.

I think banned books week is good because we can celebrate the freedom of speech. When you want a book banned, you have to stick up for what you believe in and that’s were freedom of speech falls in. I think we all have the choice to choose what books we like and unlike in other countries the government chooses for the citizens. I don't think books should actually be banned. Just because you don't like a book doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it too. Everyone has their own taste in books and we should respect that.

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I am not very fond of books being banned. Freedom of speech falls into this because people have a right to say why and what things shouldn’t be legal or not open to others. I don’t think books should be banned. I think this because just because you don’t like the book or think it is bad for children, it does not mean others don’t like it. If the book is violent, maybe some kids like violent and crime stories. I think it is okay for them not to like the books.I think that they shouldn't be banned just because certain people dislike them.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

I have just been given a list of books from a reading teacher in Rode Island. Based on the list and the video on one of the links, some of those books would be banned and probably many others. The First Amendment allows us to read any book that we want and write anything we want. The Power of Speech fits into this because some people, I know I am one of them, speak their feelings in the books that they write. If we are not allowed to let those feelings be shown through writing or let are imaginations run wild, then we are in a box. I wouldn’t want to live in a box where thinking outside the box wasn’t allowed. Banned books week allows us to speak out. NO BOOK SHALL BE BANNED AND NO IMAGINATION SHALL BE LOCKED UP! that is my thoughts about banned books.

I personally strongly dislike books but I don't think they should be banned. Every once in a while I stumble across a book worth reading. Books are also very important say a child is doing a school project and they need some information that is NOT from the internet, because the person who wrote on the internet could actually have no idea what they're talking about. So to conclude books can be helpful so they should NOT be banned.

Article posted September 28, 2011 at 02:26 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

I think no book should be banned. I think that if a book is banned then it affects our freedom of speech. Everyone can read the book they like. While others may like that book to banned from school libraries, then it affects the bill of rights. We all have the choice to choose what books can be read and whether we like them or not. No book should be banned. I think many books are fabulous even though people ban them. My favorite book series is Harry Potter. My most favorite book from the series is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. No one shall ban this series from me!

Books should not be banned. I feel that people have a right to write what they want to write but I don’t think they should speak against a book unless it’s hurting someone else. We all have a choice to choose and certain people can choose not to read those books. Those people who choose not to read those books should not ban other people from reading them too. That is why I feel that books should not be banned.

Wow all I can say is that is sad. Thank goodness that the first Amendment is there otherwise books could be banned!! Book should never be banned. That is a terrible thing to do. Freedom of speech allows you to say what you want about the book but not ban it! It is your choice what you read and that decision should never be taken away from any living being. That is my opinion on banning books!

I feel like that books should not be banned but, I think people should give their opinions about books as well.Where the freedom of speech falls into this is letting people speak freely about their opinions.I think we all have the choice to choose.Even though I don't agree with some of the books,they should not be banned because other people might want to read it and that is their choice.:)

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Many books are banned for a reason. I believe that the reason why people ban books is because the knowledge that people read in book can bring fear and this comes to show that they don’t want to see the book ever again. People can read what they want to read but others can't make that decision for them.

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 12:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

I think books definitely do not need to be banned. Freedom of speech falls into this because people have the right to say what they want to read. People also have the right to write what they want. In my opinion, we should all have the right to choose what we want to read because we are all free citizens and we have freedom of speech.

What? How on earth can two amendments work against each other? I think that it is sensible for people to speak up about books because they do not want their kids to read or hear about them. Maybe there is a way to find a compromise. The people who are in favor of banning the book could make sure they are not taking advantage of freedom of speech. That way the people who believe the book is just fine can make sure their kids don’t talk about it too much in school. BOOKS SHOUL NOT BE BANNED. It is something an individual can control. That way, we all can choose to read or not read; it does not take away a person’s right to read any book they want.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 11:45 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

I think that many of you can agree with me by saying it is wrong to ban books. I feel mad that the government would try to ban books due to their content. Even things like black magic! This is similar to freedom of speech just freedom to read, if we can say what we want what’s so wrong with reading what we want? I feel that we all have the choice to choose what we read because we live in a country all about independence. Certain books should not be banned from schools because they provide entertainment for kids and adults all around the world. Those are my thoughts on banned books.

I am half and half on this. I agree that some books should be banned, like adult books, but I also think that we have a right to read these books. I think that if a parent dosen't like a book, then don't let their kid read it. All the other kids in the school aren't their ,responsibility it's up to their parents if they can read those books or not. With freedom of speach in there, the parents are allowed to speak up and if the schools agree, then I belive that they can be banned if both the school and the parent agrees to.

I think that everyone has the right to read what they want. Of course people have the freedom to speak out their opinions of banning certain books, too. But really just because someone doesn’t like some content in a book, doesn’t mean that they have to ruin the chance of someone else reading the book. For instance if a person really liked Harry Potter, and then it got banned, how would they feel? It’s just like taking your freedom away a little at a time. I certainly do not support the banning of books in the United States.:)

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I feel that this is very important. Also, it was very good of librarians, teachers, booksellers, and members of the community to retain the books in the library collections so now for a week kids can read any book they want to even if it was banned. Freedom of Speech falls into this when all sorts of people want a book and if it is banned then they can speak up and be able to look at that book. We all should have the choice to choose because everyone has a different perspective on books. I think that books should and should not be banned. Books should be banned because there might be very inappropriate books out in our world, but books should not be banned because one person might think that a book is really bad while another person might think that that book is very interesting. Also, a book might be appropriate for one, but not another. To sum up I think that the Banned Books Week is very good because it gives everyone a chance to read really anything.

Article posted September 28, 2011 at 03:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

First of all, I believe that banning a book is a little bit harsh. I think that everyone enjoys different things. That same idea also fits into the category of different genres of books. So if not every book isn't the same, shouldn't each reader have their own choice of what to read? Freedom of speech fits into this subject by it also meaning that it is your choice of what you choose to do whether it's to read books with mystery's,comedy, or action. We all have the choice to choose because it would be weird if we saw everybody in the school reading the same books, and after awhile, you would probably want to read something new. In my opinion, some books should not be banned. But I do think that the appropriateness of some books are different from others. I think that instead of banning books, we should keep them only for certain ages.

I think books should not be banned, even books in different countries. The reason I think that is because kids in different countries won't have anything to read. They would get extremely bored. If books were banned we wouldn't have as much knowledge as we now have. If we didn't have knowledge we wouldn't have inventions that we have now like lightbulbs or cars. I think some books should be censored by an adult, but kids should still get to read whatever they want to. The first amendment gives us the freedom of speech, so not all books should be censored, but the not very appropriate books should at least have a parent's yes or no.

I think people should be able to take books off school shelves but, people shouldn't be able to take books off public shelves. I think this because some books are not appropriate for schools but, they shouldn't be taken off public shelves. I believe this because people should be able to decide whether some thing is appropriate for them or not.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

Books are "beast."I think how banned books fall in to the freedom of speech is because sometimes in books people have really strong opinions and a lot of people don't want to hear them out. I am super glad that we are able to read books, otherwise I would be so bored with nothing to do. I think that everyone should be happy for books because without them we wouldn't have very many resources for school and for people's jobs. I don't think that books should be banned because everyone needs books for different purposes. Hooray for books!

Article posted October 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I think that books should not be banned and that people have the right to read what they want. There are books on the list of “banned” books that I don’t like or don’t want to read, but that doesn’t mean that others can’t read them. I think this has to do with freedom of speech because the author has the freedom to write what they please and the reader can read what they please. To sum up, I think books should not be banned.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 01:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I feel that banning books cuts off freedom to other people. Although it may reach your needs it cuts off others rights to read as they choose. Freedom of Speech falls into this because the authors are speaking through the page. If they cannot share their books with others then their freedom of speech is taken away. Sometimes books are to in appropriate and then it may be necessary to ban that book so kids are not reading in appropriate things. I think the banned books week is a good cause and it helps kids to understand the freedoms they are given in this country and how they get to choose everything they read.

I think everyone should have the right to read what they want to read. At the same time, it depends on what people want to read. If you are reading a book that is appropriate and someone tells you not to read it, then that is wrong. But if it is an inappropriate book and you read it and someone tells you not to read it then it is reasonable for them to ask you not to read it. I think depends on what you are reading.

Article posted September 28, 2011 at 01:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

I felt unsure because certain books should be banned from the school library and some shouldn't be banned from the school library. Freedom Of Speech falls into this because kids/people are giving their own opinions. It's a free world, we ALL have FOS (Freedom Of Speech). We have the choice to choose if we should band certain books. Certain books should be banned because if there is some kind of pictures that younger kids don't like to see, it could be offensive to them.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

To Ban or Not To Ban?

I am a book person. I do not deny it. If someone were to pass a law to ban all bad books, which would probably include Harry Potter, I would die!   That would be the worst day of my life, because some people have different ideas of what a "bad" book looks like. They would most definitely ban Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and other really good reads that lots of people enjoy. I'd say that Freedom of Speech is very important here, because everyone has a right to speak, even if I may not entirely agree with their opinion.  I put my foot down at that. I guess it's ok with books that shouldn't ever even be printed in the first place, but then, people like reading them too, so it really isn't fair either way. Books should just stay. Books shouldn't be banned. Even though I'm not a real big fan of inappropriate books and "bad" books, but if good books should stay, it's only fair that the bad ones stay too, right? Some people may not agree with my point of view, but I think it's more fair. Just a recap, books should stay, because if you throw out or burn a book, it's like doing that to a human being. Would you rip apart a living soul? If not, then books are like the same thing. It's like destroying a living, breathing soul. Books are alive in a special way, especially from my perspective. So if you mess with a book, you mess with ME.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 03:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I honestly think that that there is no need for Banned Books Week. I think that people who want to bann books shouldnt because maybe other people would want to to read the book. Freedom of speech falls everywere in this video beacuse people have the right to speak about their opinion about anything and books are included in the word everything. I think that we all have the right to chooses if we wanted to or not join or participate in the Banned Books week. I honestly dont think we need Banned Books week because wether or not the book is banned people are still going to read the book.

For Banned Books Week we all have different opinion on it. I think people should have their own choice on weither they want to read a book or not because it's not up to one or two people to decide what books should be okay for everyone else. Books shouldn't be banned because there are people out there that do like a certain type of book that other people might not like. Also, since different people have different opions, what is wrong to one group of people could be right to another. That's why I think that the people who read that type of book should decide what they think about the genre they read.

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 02:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

I think that no books should be banned because we can read what we want to read. Freedom of speech falls into this because writing books is a type of speech. We all have the choice to choose whether we can find flaws in a book or just read it for fun. I think no books should be banned because some people might want to read that kind of book but if it is banned they can’t. Those are just a few ideas I have on the banning books.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 04:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I am not a big fan of reading but I think this is not right. There are some books that interests me but some don't. Some of my friends love to read and can't put down a book! Freedom of speech comes into play when we do not have the right to read certain books that we are interested in. I personally think that this is not right because people can't tell us what books we can or cannot read. Twilight for example is one of the many books that have been banned or restricted. So many people saw the movie and read the books. Adults and children love them. Even though some books may not be popular some people might like them. Books should not be banned because we the people have the freedom and right to vote and to choose. This is what I think about banning books.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

Have you lost your minds? You can't ban certain books! Just listing a few... Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, Maximum Ride, Touch the Stars, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and The Hiding Place. These are all great books, and no one should have to deal with being rejected from reading a book! Think about it, every book has a hater, and if that hater got their way, libraries would be abandoned, books confiscated, and maybe even textbooks(Not so sorry about this one)! I would hate a world without books, and I do not support the banning of books! Books should never be banned, and I hold to my opinion. I say, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Read! ~Greeny P.S.: Has anyone else noticed the creepy person in the ad for Voki? It follows your mouse!

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 12:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I feel like Banned Books week is a great thing to remind us about our first Amendment Rights. Freedom of speech falls into this because it tells us we have the right to say or write what we want to say. I do not think books should be banned because everyone can read what they want to read and don’t have to read a book if they don’t like it and that is my opinion.

Well freedom of speech is huge in America and banning books falls into that category. As a free country we should be able to read what we want to. Not what we have to. No offense to anyone out there who does this but it's just not right to tell someone this is what you can and can't read, and parents no offense but you are getting to paranoid at what is and isn't okay at school. If you want your children to learn let the SCHOOL teach them and let the school decide what is okay or not. If you don't support their ideas then teach your child at home. If you can't then let the SCHOOL do their job. That as well an example of of banning books and freedom of speech.

I think its a bad idea that people our trying to get books out of schools and library's. I think freedom of speech fall in the speak out and say no to the to taking are book away from our schools and library's. I say we all have a choice to choose what we read and what we don't read. No I think books shouldn't be banned because some people don't like to read the same books as other people.

I think that people have the right to read what they want to read. If someone thinks a book should be banned, they can stop their children from reading it or, if they're a kid, they can talk to their parents to have them not let the family read it. Still that doesn't mean that everyone else should not be able to read the book. Books are for everyone no matter if someone thinks it should not be out there.

I think books should not be banned. Like some books about drugs should be put under guidance section and be learned about before a student sees it. Also some books are really funny and those books should go to all libraries. Freedom of speech falls into this because books can be read by anyone and you can put it anywhere. But some of the books should be put in a different area where students can’t reach. They can only see the book when they have learned about it. I think we have a choice to read any book or place it anywhere.

Article posted October 5, 2011 at 01:41 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

I think that books of any kind should not be banned anywhere. If we have the freedom of speech, by all means we should use this right in order to protect literature! Most books being banned happen to give very informative pieces of history. There are also a few rare ones from older generations that give very important life lessons. So with the help from our rights we should step up and defend our right to read!

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think that books should definitely not be banned. When a person creates a book , and publishes it, they are bringing their opinion into the world, and also providing us info. This means that they have the right to have their Freedom of Speech to speak out to people. We all have the choice of choosing to wright our opinion out on a book or be able to read whatever book we want.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 03:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think that books should not be banned. Just because some people don’t like books, doesn’t mean that they are not good books. Freedom of speech falls into this because you are free to speak, so you should be free to read books, even if someone thinks they are not good. I think that we all have the choice to choose what we read or do not read. Books should not be banned.  You should have the choice to read what you want. You have the choice if you think it is not a good book to not read it, but no one should take away the option to read it though. I think that books should not be banned!

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 05:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I feel that in certain levels, certain books should be banned. For example, at school we shouldn’t be reading an inappropriate book or a too scary book for children to be reading. If it was at the public library or book store, a person should be able to read what they want. It might not be right, even if their at the right age, but it’s in the law that we have the right to read whatever we want. Therefore, according to different levels requires a different qualities for what you’re reading.

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 04:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I don’t think that any book deserves to be banned. Every writer has the right to write whatever they want. I personally think that banning books is stupid because it’s not going to stop people from reading what they really want to read. If someone is reading a book that they don’t like then it is there choose to stop reading but it’s not there choose to make others stop reading. Banned book week is a great way to show America’s freedom of speech.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

When seeing the Banned Books list, my first thought is that we should be able to read whatever we want. Here in America, we have that freedom and I see no reason for which we shouldn’t embrace it. However, when I dig into my thoughts a little deeper, I realize that we also have the freedom of speech. This allows us to express ourselves however we want. This means that the Banned Books list is just as much of a right as being able to read whatever we want. I believe that both wanting to ban a book and wanting to read it freely is fine. I do not think, however, that really banning a book forever is a good idea. You can “ban” a book without actually destroying it. You can always tell a friend not to read the book or simply not read it yourself!

Article posted October 8, 2011 at 12:50 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

I think banning books is a bad idea because banning a book is not going to stop someone else from reading it. If an author has the idea to write a book they should be allowed to write it. Americans have the freedom and rights to read what they want when they want. Banning a book may also make people want to read it more.

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 02:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I feel that books should not be banned for a few reasons. First, there is Freedom of Speech. People can choose what they want to say and how they say it. If you ban a book you rule out Freedom of Speech. People have no rights of speech. Second, people will not have as big of a success chance if you don’t read their books, if the books are read, and people like them, they will share them, and people will buy them. People are having enough trouble with finances as they are. As for the older books, the publishing companies still need the money to produce enough books, and pay their workers. Finally, it can be really frustrating when you can’t find your favorite book at the school library because it’s not allowed or your friend really wants you to read the Twilight series or another banned book or series and it’s not there. I definitely feel books should NOT be banned.

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 04:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Personally I’m not the biggest book fan but books shouldn’t be banned. I think it is great that we don’t ban books. I read occasionally and when I do I am pleased hear the stories. I think we can live with some books that we don’t like not being banned, it won’t kill anyone. Freedom of speech comes into this because people who like books have a say in if we ban books or not. So I think it's good we have books around!

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Banned books week is great for some people. But personally I think that librarians should actually let kids check out that certain book. Instead, teachers should cross out the parts that the students disagreed with and just let the book be open to the public again. If more than 10 people disagreed, that is when they should not offer the book to the school. I believe that this would be a proper way to execute freedom of rights. Banned books week is great for some people. But personally, I think that librarians should actually let kids check out that certain book. I believe that this would be a proper way to execute freedom of rights.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I feel like the people that want to ban books haven’t read the books they want to ban. Freedom of speech falls into this because freedom of speech falls into what people are writing. I think we all should have a choice to choose. Books should not be banned because books are amazing. They exercise your imagination; allow to enjoy things that aren’t real. I belive that books should not be banned.

Article posted October 8, 2011 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I think that books should not be band because books are part of peoples everyday lives and, it would not make sense if we band certain books but people can choose who they want to marry. Also people like different things and maybe the book that got band was that person’s favorite book. Also without books how would we learn. That is why I think we should not band books.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:53 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

The Banned Book Week has really opened my eyes on history of books and people’s opinion. I’m surprised that so many people have tried to ban books, since the law keeps us from banning books. Also I understand why some people would like to ban books, for the content of the book. Personally, I do agree that some books and backgrounds should be banned. It’s very different how some people have a very different opinion than yours but can have the same interests as you. Still, I’m amazed that your favorite book, someone has probably tried to ban it. I also understand why some people want to ban books to protect their children. All in all, I think that certain books wouldn’t hurt our country.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

I don't think there should be any band books because if you are not aloud to read a book than don't read it.I know so peoples families are religious and cant read certain books, but I don't think we should be banding certain books because one person cant read it. Just read the books you are comfortable read.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 02:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

To ban or not to ban books I wonder but I don't think we should reading to me is a good thing.In my opion I think books should not be banded people are smart enough to know what is appropriate and some people dont like to read so at least some people like to read. Yes this a good book for me because I love animals and reading of them.

I don't think books should be banned. I think we should be able to read any book we want. The Freedom of Speech comes into this because people have the freedom to write anything they want into books. This is ok as long as we don’t ban books. Some of the best books in the world are banned. We have the freedom to chose any book we want and I like that freedom. 

I feel that books shouldn't be banned and everyone should be able to read them. Freedom of speech falls into this when people choose whether or not this book is good for other people. Every person should be able to read any book in this world. This is why books shouldn't be banned.

I don’t think that it is far because we should be able to read what ever we won’t to read. It falls in like we can read what ever we won’t so we can say what ever we won’t. We all have the choice to choose what books we won’t to read no mater what. No books should be banned because people should be able to read any thing they won’t. My opinion is that no books should be banned because if we have freedom of speech we should have freedom to read

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 11:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

If books were to ever be banned I would lose my sense of imagination. I feel very grateful that books aren’t banned. The Freedom of Speech falls into this, because when people are writing books they are writing their thoughts down and that’s just like saying your thoughts out loud to where someone can hear them. We all have the choice to choose. It’s not like that our parents say that we can’t read certain books just because of how old we are. Although our parents can choose which books that we can read or we can’t read because of the contents in them. I think if your parents say you can’t read a book, because its too mature for you than fine ban that book until you are old enough and mature enough to read that kind of book. WE SHOULD NEVER BAN BOOKS EVER=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

I don't think it is necessary to ban books. Everybody should be allowed to read what they want even though other people might not agree with the topic, point of view, or belief. I do think that certain topics shouldn't be in elementary schools even if it might be written at lower reading level. For example, "Black-eyed Suzie" is written at an elementary reading level, but the topic is about child abuse. I believe if a book has received alot of concerns or complaints from a parent, it should have a note warning the parent or student. That's how I feel about banning books.

Article posted October 10, 2011 at 01:55 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

I feel that that we should be able to chose the books we read in school. I thank freedom of speech falls in to this because freedom of speech is inside books how you my ask? It is inside books because it is what the author think about whatever he weight about. We all don’t have a choice when come to books in school

I do not agree with banning books because if kids wanted to read, they would want to choose the books. Freedom of Speech falls into this because to stop banning books you need to make a stand. Obviously, the amendments cannot be changed easily. Not every book can be banned! You can’t ban a book by its cover or a recommendation. I enjoy reading The "Kingdom Keepers", which is sort of about Disney. I would be disappointed if that series gets banned.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

It's Banned Books Week sadly. I don't feel too good about Banned Books Week. Some of the books people chose were not the worst in a series they chose it from. Freedom of speech falls into this because people say what books they want banned. We all have the choice to choose, but you do not have to. Books shouldn't be banned because odds are if you don't like the book, someone else is going to like it.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 01:48 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

I think that books should not be banned. Even though it may seem bad I completely agree with one of the quotes in the video.  There are bad people and harsh realities in the world unfortunately. I think that books are an ok way to learn about them. Personally, I think books should be rated like movies. This way, people know the content of the book before they read it. I think this would be extremely helpful because you cannot just ban books. People love to read and I think freedom of speech plays an important role. I think if you can say what you want you should be able to publish what you want. Children are going to learn the bad things of life eventually, so why not in a book. This way they read and not actually experience it. Personally, I rather read about it then see or hear it.

Books being banned makes me kind of mad because if you love a book you should be able to read it with out anyone saying oh you cant read that. Freedom of speech comes to this because you need to speak for what you want. I think we all have the choice to choose this. I don’t think any books should be banned because if you love a book and someone says you can't read that its banned then that makes you feel bad.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 03:41 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

I'm glad we, as Americans, can read what we want, when we want to. One of the books on the banned book list, "The Hunger Games", is actually my favorite book. I almost never read and I still stayed up until midnight reading it. It sounds sort of nerdy but it is a REALLY good book.

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I think Banned Books Week is a very important week in America. The only thing I don’t get though, is why its called Banned Book Week if we are trying to keep books from being banned. Well, this has to do with the freedom of speech because authors are expressing themselves in the novels they write. We also talk about good books we read. With good books being banned, our culture and rights will surely tumble off the shelf of security and plummet into a sea of chaos. A bit of metaphorical speaking for all you readers. I think books should not be banned, because that is a huge pastime for many people in America. Mrs. Lubich, I know you are one of them. If somebody tried to ban my favorite series, I would freak.