“Love is the only force capable of turning enemy to friend.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think this quote  means that the only way to make peace with someone that you disagree with is by making an effort to be friends with them. If I am at school, and I am put in a group I don’t like, then I could remember this quote, and maybe in the end I will end up loving the group I was in. If this qoute was spread around the world and people ACTUALLY listened, then every one would be a better person, and to me, a whole world full of amazingly nice people sounds pretty good. :)

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." Dalai Lama

I agree with Dalai Lama with the quote that if someone’s feelings are hurt, you’re showing strength by helping them. In that way, you’re showing courage standing up for that person. I can apply it to my own life by when I see someone being hurt; I’ll comfort and stand up for that person. It can be a positive change in someone’s attitude by helping another person when they’re hurt or need help. This quote can change the world by everyone helping each other out like foreign countries having no problem by helping each other out.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." ~Dalai Lama

I believe the Dalai Lama is saying that if you are compassionate and are tolerable of others, that you will strengthen a bond between you and others, and that you will have more friends. I could apply this to my own life make more friends, and to have more close friends. This could be used to make positive changes in ones attitude because if you are generally compassionate, and tolerate others, you will get along well and not get into fights, and doing this will lighten another's mood. If everyone in the world was like this, there would be little war and fighting, and I believe that everyone would get along very well.

Article posted March 10, 2012 at 07:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

I picked 5.

I think the quote means, when your kind and friendly to someone you don’t like or they don’t like you. It will change your or their perspective of you of them. I can use this by being nice to people how don’t like me and the people that do like me. Yes, this could because if you are so mean to someone, of course they are not going to like you. Once you are nice to them they will think of you differently. I would make a huge impact if everyone started to be nice to other people, not being mean, because there will be no more bulling.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." Dalai Lama

a)Explain/interpret what you think it means.

I think this means that you are a stronger person if you have compassion and tolerance for whatever situation comes about.  Having compassion and tolerance makes you a better person and you don't always have attitude when someone is complaining to you about a situation. 

b)How could you apply it to our own life?

I could be a little more compassionate and tolerant of my cousins that come over all the time.  I have four boy cousins that are younger and I am not always tolerant of them.  I also don't show very much compassion to them when they want me to play with them, I am always busy doing something else.  Maybe I should try harder and then maybe they wouldn't be such pains.

c)Could it be used to make a positive change in someone's attitude?

Having more compassion and tolerance can make situations easier to handle.  Maybe if people showed more compassion and tolerance towards others than maybe we would have more nice people in the world and not so much violence.

d)How could it make an impact on the world?

We have alot of violence in our world.  Maybe if we all showed more compassion and tolerance to each other we could all get along better.  We live in one of the best countries and there are other countries that need help.  If our country and other countries together showed more compassion and tolerance we could cut down on wars.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I picked "Believe you can and you're half way there" by Theodore Roosevelt. I think this means that believing in yourself is a part of trying because if you don't believe you won't get anywhere. I can apply this to my own life because there are always chances where I need to beelive in myself. I think this can make a positive change in someone's life because they will have better luck at trying. This can make an impact on the world because if people want to achieve things they need to believe in themselfs.

"Beieve you can and you're half way there" -Theodore Roosevelt

I think this statement means if you believe in yourself then you will get a whole lot further then not believing in yourself. :) I can apply this to my life because comparing first quarter to second quater I realized I do need to think about this more. In second quarter, every single one of my grades went down. I will try to use this quote to help me throughout the rest of this quarter and hopefully through the rest of my life. This can for sure make a positive change in someones attitude. It isn't hard to tell yourself every once in a while that you can do it. Like everyone says,"You can do anything if you just believe." This could be a whole lot better world if everyone took in this quote. :)

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 01:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt. When he said this, I think he ment that confidence is as important as doing whatever you are confident of. This could change the world because confidence is important and if no one is confident about what they are doing, nothing would be done right. It could change my life by giving me confidence to do something that I normally couldn't.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

The quote I picked is this: "Believe you can and you're halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt. I chose this one because I believe it is absolutely true. It means that deciding you can do something is just as hard as actually doing it. Telling yourself and others this simple sentence provides enough encouragement to get "halfway there," so to speak. As for changing the world, many worldwide problems could be solved just by understanding this message. I hadn't heard this quote before now, but I can now apply it to many things.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein

I believe this means that you should never stop learning. And that it's OK to wonder. I could take from this that its ok to ask questions and learn from my mistakes. This can be used to have a positive impact on someone's life by letting them understand that learning is OK. It could impact the world by encouraging the world to learn together. This can be taken very seriously.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 03:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

“Believe you can and you're halfway there."

~Theodore Roosevelt

I think this quote is a great quote to take into our lives and follow. I think that basically what it is saying is that if you believe in what you are doing, then you are halfway to succeeding in that. Unless you believe that you can do it, you can't succeed in anything. I could apply this quote to my life because I know that I am really negative with myself and can be harsh with myself at times. I would get frustrated and think that I'm not good at it and I can't do it. I think this quote would be great to take into my heart and actually start following it. This quote could definitely be used to make a positive change in someone's attitude because if someone can believe in what they do, then it makes it a lot easier to succeed in many other things, which could change the negative attitude of someone. This quote could make an impact on the world because of everyone believed in what they did, and then the world could make a lot more things possible. As you can see, this quote could motivate you immensely, and can really have an impact on you.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength."

-Dalai Lama

I think what this means is that most see compassion as a waste of time and energy, but really, it can be something as small as picking up something someone dropped for them, or in other cases, it can be saving a life. compassion and tolerance are one of the most powerful things in the world. Being nasty is the real weakness.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

My favorite quote was definetly the one by Rooselvlet. What I think he's trying to say is when we believe you can do something than it will that much easier to achieve it. I really think this quote could change people attitudes. For example if they don't believe they can do something they can read the quote and believe. I think this quote could change the world because if everyone did what they dreamed everyone would be happy.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there"

-Theodore Roosevelt

mean? Everyone you ask will probably wave a different answer. I personally think it means that through dedication and a great attitude, just about anything can be accomplished. I could probably apply it to life to remind myself to keep a positive attitude and convince someone to do the same. And if every one could take this quote to heart, I bet a lot more would get done.

I chose quote 5 "love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend" which was said by Martin Luther King Jr.. I think this quote is trying to tell us that if we want an enemy to be our friend we can't hate them or show disrespect towards them. You have to care for them and show the kindness. I can apply this to my life because there have been times where I have hated people but that hatred is something you would have to live with for your whole life and it is hard to move on from. This quote can definetly make a positive attitude change in someones life. Take maybe a bully for example they hate everyone except for their little possies. If they took this quote to heart they could learn to bring in others to life instead of pulling them away and being the enemy (in this case) to others. The world is a very confusing place and a lot of people can hate eachother and others. If people could hear this quote and decide to do something maybe everyine could become friends with the people they hate and the world wouldn't be such a dangerous place. This quote can make an impact on everyone even those who don't think enemies could ever be friends.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 05:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

"Belive you can and your halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt

I think this quote means that when you belive in yourself, you can do whatever you put your mind to. If you say I can't or this is impossible, you probably won't be able to do it because you don't believe in yourself! The word impossible says "I'm possible!" When I'm dancing or horseback riding, I need to put my mind to it. If I said I can't anytime, I wouldn't be as advanced as I am now. This could change anyones mind set from negative to positive just by saying I can! If everyone has a positive attitude it will make the world a better place.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I chose the fifth quote "love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend" Martin Luther King, Jr. To me this means love is so strong and powerful, it can turn a person you can't stand into your best friend. If I can't stand someone but then they show that they care about me I will like them more and have more respect for them. If someone is mad at a person and that person is nice and shows that they care for you and love them, they will become less mad. If people show love instead of hate people won't fight as much, and there might not be as much gossip or drama. Therefore, love is a really strong force, and more love and less hate is a good thing. This quote is really inspiring to me. I hope it inspires you too. In conclusion, more people should follow this quote.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 03:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I chose the quote “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt I think it means that having faith in yourself is half the battle. If you don't believe in yourself, how do you expect others to believe in you? Well, when I grow up I want to be a veterinarian, I believe I can do it and other people should support me. :D I think it can some people put themselves down and say things are impossible, nothing is impossible so if they believe, they can achieve pretty much anything. More people would probably have better spirits that is one way it would impact the world. That how I express what the poem means.

Ah quotes. My favorite thing to look up on the Internet and keep in mind for day to day life. If I were to pick a quote from all of them, I would have to choose the one from Albert Einstein. " the important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." what I interpret this as is to keep being curious because being curious is what helps us learn. if we don't ask the question Why? then we would probably have never known why we got our name, why the bugs are small but strong or why we have to learn. curiosity is one of my favorite things as a writer because it lets me explore horizons and expand as a writer. if you ask me the question as to why one of my characters in a story has blue hair, I can say why not. I don't need to go into detail with it. it could be a positive attitude in someone's life because it lets us explore and open our minds. I think it would have an impact on the world considering that it does let us explore and learn the way we do, or at least it helps us learn and explore. So, after all of this, I like this quote.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt. I think that this is the most inspiring quote. The reason that this is the most inspiring quote to me is because it is true. Once you believe that you can do something you can do it. When I was little at a swim race I used to always tell myslef thst I would fail and couldn't do it. So when i was little I was never fast.:(but now that I have switched teams and tell myself that I can do it I have become a beter swimmer. Tools many of them use are the ability to paint a picture in our head with words. THe language can make you feel happy,sad, or angry. These tools can make or break a poem.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt

I think it means if you believe can then that is half of what you have to do. For example, believing that you can get straight ads then it helps you. It can change a person's attitude if it works which mostly likely it will.

It could have an impact on the world because people could start donating stuff to other countries that need it.

The quote that stuck me the most was "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." Martin Luther King, Jr. I think that this quote means that if you loved everyone you would have no enemies. I could definitely apply this quote to my life as (sadly) there are a lot of people who strongly dislike me and I strongly dislike them. If I could only show them love we could become better friends. It could definitely change many people all over the world if everyone could just show each other love (or friendship if love isn’t your style). Everyone would be friends and no one would hate each other. Just imagine that!

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 90

I think this quote means that if you keep working hard that you can succeed on that goal. I apply this to my life by working hard and never stop believing in myself and to never give up. I think that this quote can change a persons attitude cause if they think that this quote means to work hard and you we have your goal soon then if they believe in this quote then they will soon achieve their goal. It would make an impact on the world by having everyone work hard and almost everyone will almost achieve their goal.

I cannot stand my noisy neighbors, because they honestly do not know how to play, all they can do scream. They leave trash in my yard. The list goes on until you get to one of the last ones. This one kid is the most annoying, he barges into houses so he can just yell into your house calling your name and ring the door bell. I am forced to be nice to them even though they anger me. Although they have aspects that I dislike, “Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.” Dalai Lama.

The motivational quote that I chose was "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think this quote means that if you let whatever happened go, and just be nice to your enemy, you will become friends. A way that this could apply to my own life is that sometimes in dace, we get really competitive. We shouldn't be that way. We should be supporting each other. Yes, it could be used to make a positive change in someone's attitude. It could make an impact on the world because if people loved each other, like what the quote said, there wouldn't be as much crime and unhappiness.

Theodore Roosevelt said, “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” When I read that, I think he meant that if you believe in yourself, you have one less boundary to break through. You are your worst critic. When I become scared and unsure of myself, I can think about that quote. It would give me the courage to try something new and do my best at it. I think that someone’s attitude could be changed because of this quote because it would give them more confidence and more courage. In the end, the positive changes in their life would make them happier. This quote could impact the world because many more people would be standing up for what they believe in and have better lives.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

The weather outside is frightful! I am looking out my window and see a flurry of white snow! Today is Groundhog Day, and it looks like there will be six more weeks of winter. I wonder if this storm is a one-time thing or the beginning of many storms to come. It looks like I’ll be breaking out my winter parka after all! Yay! Winter’s finally here!

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

I feel this quote means if youu want to do something but you dont feel you can do it then you will never achieve it, so if you belive you can do it then you will achieve it. I can relate to this because when I wanted to start soccer I did not think I could do it but when I belived I did it and now I an a competitive soccer player.

So all you have to do is belive and you will beable to do it.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

Quotes, Quotes

This is a quote that Albert Einstein said. To me this means that it is not a bad thing to ask questions because if no one asked questions then we would never learn new things. When I read this quote I knew it was the one for me because I love to ask questions but sometimes you can ask too many questions. Look at it this way if Albert Einstein never asked questions then he would not put the key on the end of the kite and discovered electricity. I know that most people would be sad if they had to live without cellphones, or TV, or video games. I could apply this to my own life by not asking as many questions but I will never stop asking questions. I believe that this could cause a positive change in someones life because if they ask questions then they will learn more but if they dont ask questions they will not learn as much. I also think this could impact the world because if we ask more we learn more and if we ask less we learn less.

I picked the phrase "Believe you can and you're halfway there.” I think it means that if you believe you can do a task you will have the ability to do it no matter what anyone says. It could apply to my life because if I believed I could do half the things that I don’t do I would be a way better student than I am today. If someone does not believe that they can do something tell them the phrase and it will make them feel good about themselves and their abilities to do stuff. If everybody’s mind was set on believing in that phrase them the world would be a place where nothing is impossible.

I chose quotes #3 by Dalai Lama ( "Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.")  because it's a great quote to reflect on. People think that just by being nice you are "weak". People discriminate others because they think it's "cool", but really it's just being mean. Showing compassion and tolerance makes people want to like you because you are kind. If you are mean then they probably are just friends with you because they think you're scary.  Instead of being mean, we should show kindness. If everyone reflected on their attitude towards people, how much different would the environment, everywhere, be!

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

I chose number 4: "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." ~Albert Einstein. I believe this means that it's okay to ask questions because that is how we learn. Curiosity is natural. This applies to my life because I am always curious and if I don't get a straight answer, I will keep asking until I get one. This could change someone's life because it can help their education because they will want to dig deeper and learn more. It can make an impact on the world because we can invent new technology and medecine for our generation all because someone dug deeper and strived to learn more.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I chose "Believe you can and you're halfway there," Theodore Roosevelt. I think that it means if you think that you can do something you are 1/2 there because once you actually do it then that is fully there. It applies to my own life because if in sports I believe in myself then I know that I can do it, but if I don't then I will never be fully there. Yes it could make a change in someone else's life because if I encourage someone that I know they can do it then they will believe in themselves and be 1/2 there. Also, if I encourage other people then it would brighten their spirits and impact the world a ton! It could make an impact on the world because if everyone believed in themselves that they could do something then no one would think that they are no good or something like that. That is why I chose this quote.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 04:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

The quote that I enjoy the most of the five quotes was the one by Theodore Roosevelt. I think that it means that believing in yourself or other things, is one of the most important factors when your trying to succeed in something. I could apply this quote to my own life by having more confidence in myself, in sports, and in school. It could be used to make a positive change in a person's attitude because if they get more confident and believe in themselves more, they feel like they are a stronger person inside. It could make an impact on the world by everyone believing that they can reach their goals a little easier by having confidence in themselves, especially in school. If these things are all added together, a person can make more of an impact in our country. Those are the key reasons why I like this quote.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 12:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

I chose the quote by Albert Einstein. I think he meant that you need to be curious and question things. I can apply this to my life because I do question things and I'm very curious. I should start questioning things more. I think being curious can make a positive change in someone's attitude because I think if people are curious and question, they can learn more about themselves and other people. If people all around the world knew more about each other, maybe we would all get along better.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 03:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt. I chose this quote because it shows that if you believe in something you can get it done. It says to me things like half of tasting is smelling because believing is a lot and this quote shows it. This quote also shows that belief is powerful. If you believe that you can accomplish something, you are halfway there. I also picked this quote because I like Theodore Roosevelt because of the things that he did. In conclusion I picked this quote because I like Theodore Roosevelt, and it shows that if you believe in something you can get it done.

I picked this quote because I think that really just means that showing that you care about something or someone doesn't mean that you are a weak person.It means that you are strong and brave enough to care.I think that this applies to my life by like when I play sports I play to win and I also play to have like good sportsmanship and be able to help people willingly not because I was asked or told to. I think that this could change the world because with this everyone learns how to tolerate eachother with a better understanding of them or that person, or country even.

My favorite quote out of the five choices is “Believe you can and you’re half way there.” Theodore Roosevelt. I like this quote because I think it is true,if you don’t believe that you can accomplish things that you want or have to do you are NEVER going to get it done. For example: if you wanted to get into an arts based college, and you are in band but you want to quit, because you got 2nd chair when you used to have 1st chair, you’re never going to get into that college, because you didn’t believe in yourself and you quit band. Also, when you don’t think you can do anything you never try, or if you do it is very rarely, so you will never get the chance to try it and you might not ever get to do it. This could make an impact on the world because we could try new things and get more things accomplished, that we never knew could be possible. We could find out new teconologies and find different cures for cancer because we tried and belived we could. This quote could be used to change someone’s attitude by telling them they can try to do something they don’t think they can do and they can either do it or most likely be happy they tried anyway. I could apply this quote to my own life because I don’t like to try new things. I like to stick with a routine and not try anything new and I’m afraid of change. If I could just listen to this quote more often I could try and learn more things. I think that Theodore Roosevelt’s quote means that when believe you are become half way there by believing you can and going for the shot because if you do NOT think you can you’re NEVER going to get to your goals and things that you want to do. All in all like this quote because it is true and encouraging.

The quote, "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing," by Albert Einstein, is a good motivational quote for most anything, especially school. I think this means that you should always be curios because otherwise, nothing would be learned and you would be too scared of everything around you. I just had a conversation with Gavin and Raphaël about a lot of weird stuff like weather or not we are just in a world projected by our minds and we are really just walking around in a broken building like a crazy person and other stuff like that. Anyway, the concluding statement was that even if this is not the real world, this is where you think and feel you are so this is the real world to you. The reason I gave that example is that something like that is a way to apply the quote to life. The only trick is to know when your being too curios for your own good. This quote can improve someone’s attitude because if you are curios, you could make yourself smarter and help people witch could give them a better attitude or you could get better grades which might give you a better attitude. This quote could make a huge impact on the world because the people who are curios are the ones who will make new discoveries and advances in technology and science.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

I think the quote by President Roosevelt, "Believe you can and you're halfway there," is saying that in order to get somewhere you have to believe in yourself and know that you can make it. I think that it also means that believing in yourself takes you halfway and if you don't believe you go nowhere. I could apply it to my own life because a lot of times I doubt myself and don't really believe in myself which is really getting me nowhere. It could change your attitude because you would be more optimistic and have a more positive out look on everything. It could impact the world because we would get more done and not as many people would be sitting at the couch because they are too afraid to do anything.

I believe the quote "Believe you can and you're halfway there" means that knowing that you can do something gives you the motivation to do what you want and you're already halfway there. I can apply this to my life by showing that if I want to do something that I NEED to believe in myself. I could apply this to hockey, school, etc. This quote could make a positive change in someone's life because if they are feeling poorly about themselves then someone tells them this, they could realize that all they have to do is BELIEVE! This could impact the world the same way it could affect anyone's life. It can make them realize that believing is the key.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

This is my quote: "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt. I think it means to keep on going and then you get further in life. This could help because I could push myself harder to work or do something that needs to be done! It could change someone's attitude because they will work hard and believe in themselves. This could make an impact on the world because not a lot of people believe in themselves.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

I think this message means that if you can believe in yourself to accomplish whatever it is you want to or are struggling with, you have already gone halfway, so to speak, meaning you can have confidence to help you accomplish it, and you most likely will. I could apply this to my life by believing more in myself and having more self-confidence that I can get through my struggles. I could "see myself through God's eyes" (which means he sees me much better than I see myself). I could love myself more and I would be happier and not hurt myself as much.It could make an impact on me and the world, because if everyone believed that they could believe in theirselves and they were almost there, they would be more positive and then be able to accomplish their goals.

Love is better than hate if you ask me. Love can help change people’s thoughts about things like: war, fights, or arguments. Hate on the other hand is the opposite of love. Hate makes people want to start war; start fights, and start arguments. "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." Martin Luther King, Jr. King said this because when he had people who dis-liked him, he didn’t yell at them or try to start fights; instead he loved them by showing respect to them and having an open mind.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I choose #1 "Believe you can and you're halfway there." by: Theodore Roosevelt because it means the same as never give up to me. I could apply it to my life by working hard on everything I do like school and sports. It could make a positive change in someone's attitude by giving them hope. Like if a math test is sopposed to be really hardI could tell them they can do it. It could make an impact on the world by more things getting done. That is why I choose #1.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 03:11 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 58

"Believe you can and your halfway there." Is an amazing quote. It is not only true but helps you stay positive and I believe in the quote wholeheartly.

To me this  quote means that if you believe in yourself then you are halfway to achieving your goal. I can apply this in my life by thinking more positive and believing that I can do what I want. This can impact another persons life buy making them believe that they have what it takes to acomplish their goals. This could influence the world by helping people stay positive.

I quote a lot and people that know me know that I quote from everything and I really love this quote because it is inspirational. I quote because people have come up with amazing things to say that truly change people in how they look at life, and I want to make people stop and think about how they can change people to.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 01:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

"Compassion and tolerance ae not a sign of weakness,but a sign of strength." Dalai Lama.I think that this means that reaching out to someone or tolerating them is a good thing for your character and it is harder to do this instead of just ignore or hurt someone.I could apply this to my life by reaching out more like stopping someone from getting insulted repeatedly. If everyone followed this quote it would make the world a better place. It would mean that people would show compassion and help others not just walk by while someone is trying to pick up their books off the ground.This saying could be used to brighten someone's attitude because if they told one of their friends to stop bullying something and they were no longer friends you could tell them this saying. This could impact the world because if everyone followed this saying and did it people would be nicer.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

''The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein. I think this means you don't need to ask questions, just explore. I would use this in the lab, you can find your information if you explore and search for it.This could change a person's attitude both ways.YOu could be angry and you could be positive and say I can do it myself. If you think positive the expression could influence you to really get out there.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 05:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." Martin Luther King, Jr.

i think it means that if tou are nice to someone that that person will not hate u anny more. i could apply this to my own life by being kinder to other people. yes i think it can make a positive change in someons attude by if someone was nice to then they will fell like doing something nice too. i think it can make a hudge impact on the world because when we have wars then we can just be nice to them and they will see what is the point of fighting with them there just so nice.

The quote I have chosen is "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt. I think this means to never give up and to believe in yourself and to tell yourself you can do anything. I could apply this to my own life in school and sports because if I want to quit I will just tell myself I can do it. This could definitely be used to make someone’s attitude positive by telling them that they can do anything if they just belive and i think that is true. This could make an impact on the world because if the whole world believed in them everything can be achieved and we will vall work together and try hard to do anything. This quote is a great quote and it will defiantly impact me.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I think the first quote,"believe you can and you're halfway there." by Theodore Roosevelt, means that you have to have full faith in what you're doing in order to make whatever you want to happen, happen. I think that if I have full faith in what I do that I'm having troubles with, than I'll do much better and feel better about finishing what I have or want to do. I think that if everyone had complete faith in what they're doing than the people and the world will be a much happier place because negativity is very contagious, like people say smiles are.

I choose number 5 "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." Martin Luther King, Jr. I picked this one because I really don't like it when say the mother in law doesn't like he bride but the groom and bride are madly in love. So the mother in law just doesn't say anything because she doesn't want them to feel unhappy. I also think that it could impact the world in like Iraq and the Us because we could save a lot of lives if we just put are differences aside and end the war. It could make someone's attitude

change because he could hate a person and find out that the girl he is in love with is his sister he would have to be nice if he wanted to get his love.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt.

That means you have to think you can do it before you can actually do it. It won't just happen, you have to believe. I have to believe I can get an A or score a goal before I get an A or score a goal. It can change your life because you will do so many things you didn't know you could. You'll become more optimistic, which is a good thing. With more optimists the world will advance in technology, art, and all the rest of life. We'ld be more advanced than we ever thought imaginable.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt Is one that I think is the most motivating. I think it means if you believe in yourself then you are halfway there. I can use it in my life because I believe that I’m going to be a super good basketball player. I believed in that so now I’m meeting my goal. This could make a positive change in someone’s attitude because if they want to believe they can then they will be happier and change their attitude and life. The saying could make an impact on the world because If everyone in the whole world believed they can they everyone can achieve in their goals and the worlds goals. For example the oil spill, if people believed they could clean it up then the cleanup would be much faster and so it won’t damage anymore. All in all, I think that this quote "Believe you can and you're halfway there," Is the most motivating one.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 12:41 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 52

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Quote by Theodore Roosevelt I think this means that a big part of doing something is believing that you can accomplish it. By this I mean that if you believe you can do something, you can do it. I can apply this to my life, because I can think of multiple times were I did not think I could accomplish something, and I did not finish it. This can change someone's attitude if they don’t think they can do something, if they make a change of mind and think of this quote, it can make them happier, and more likely to succeed. This can make an impact on the world by changing people who are negative to themselves attitudes, impacting people around the world. I think this quote can change what a lot of people think of themselves and their abilities inside.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 04:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

I would choose "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt. I think this quote means that when you believe in yourself you can do anything. I can apply this to everyday life, by having more confidence in myself. If I can use this quote help me have more confidence in myself I can become stronger and face my fears. I also think that if I can believe in myself other people will catch on and start becoming more confident. When they do this the act will spread and every one will start believing in themselves more. I think that if I act on this quote, it will start a chain reaction and the world will be a better place. 

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 02:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there."Theodore Roosevelt.

I think this means to believe that you can do something and master it and you are halfway to your success. This could apply to me because I want to have a successul career and believe that it will be successful. This quote could change someone's attitude by allowing them to see success in others by believing then they would learn from others that believe and hopefully that would change their attitude.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahlil Gibran. I think it means that if you give yourself you are giving happiness to someone in need but you also are giving help when you give yourself. When you give a gift you give a little but someone would rather have a friend than a present.  I could apply it in my own life by helping out at charity events or helping people in need. Helping could make a positive change in someone’s attitude because helping out you could feed them or help give shelter and they would be happier. This could impact the world by people could be happier or there could be more things done for the needy. People could also become happier. 

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

I chose this quote because it was really inspiring to me. It means that we have curiosity for a reason and we shouldn't stop using it. If every person on this planet didn't stop questioning we would develop a more complex and high-tec world. Once developing this better world things would be easier to do and that could make someones day. For example once everyone keeps using their curiosity, we could create a faster transportation system. Being early to the activities you need to get to could make your day. I will apply this to my own life by just always using curiosity and exploring new things.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 01:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

I picked the first quote by Theodore Roosevelt.

I think it means that if you have a goal, 50% is doing the work and 50% is believing in yourself. It can be used in our own lives with the following example. Say that you are faced with a problem. You're not sure if that is within your limits. But if you believe in yourself half of the problem is solved. Then you tackle the problem. This quote can be used to change the attitude of those who have little self esteem. Like a turbocharger on a car, it can boost their over all self esteem. This quote can impact the world by motivating the men and women of this planet to create and innovate to create a better, cleaner, safer tomorrow.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 02:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

I think that this quote means that if you believe in yourself you can get a lot farther than you think you can. If I surround myself with people that believe in me I will be able to do anything. This can be used to make a change in someone’s attitude because success over time helps people think positively. This can change our world by encouraging the world’s leaders to work together.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 03:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”

-Theodore Roosevelt

I think that what Mr. Roosevelt meant when he said this was that you cannot achieve your goals if you don’t think you’ll meet them in the first place. One major way I can apply this to my own life is when I rock climb. I know that when I have to reach far for a hold, I sometimes think I can’t do it, and then fall. If I keep the positive attitude Roosevelt suggested, I’m sure it will help me climb better. This quote could change someone’s attitude by showing them that they have a chance at everything. If this thought spreads from person to person, it will eventually fill the whole world. Then, more people will have positive attitudes and try things they thought they couldn’t do.

"Believe you can and your halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt. I like this saying because I apples to life and everything involved in it. If you say 'I can't do this' then you can't, but with a positive attitude you can acomplish anything you want. Sometimes people say they can't do things, but if you beleieve you can complete the task. Believing can also make someone else's day better. A friend might think they aren't good enough to do what they need to do, but anyone has the "power" to help someone accomplish anything.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I selected "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." by Martin Luther King, Jr. I think it means if you act in a positive way to your adversary you can make peace with them. You could apply this in life if having any conflict with someone to just show friendship. Doing this it could change their way of thinking and their attitude. This can change the world by changing their mind set and they will be more kind to all.

I think that Dalai Lama ment that if you have compassion and tolerance for other people, it doesn't mean you're weak, it means you are strong enough to have those feelings and show them. If you hide those feelings, then you really are weak.

I can apply this into my life by being more compassionate towards other people, and also by showing tolerance to people who really annoy me.

I think this quote can be used to make positive changes in someone's attitude because nobody wants to be called weak. So, I think that people would really try to be "stronger" and be compassionate and tolerant.

“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give." Kahlil Gibran

When I hear this quote I think of how items aren’t significant, they can bring joy, but when you give someone an action like love or care from your heart it can mean so much to a person, something that an item can never do.I can apply it to my life by giving more of me and less of the world. It can definitely change someone’s attitude positively, they can realize that items can only do so much, they need to actually try, and they just might. This could impact the world if everyone just tried to be nicer and more loving, caring, and selfless.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 02:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

1)-I think that “ Believe you can and you’re halfway there” means that If you believe you can, then means that the impediment that you have will shorten if your energy stays high. I can apply it to my life because even though I have a severe injury I have to stay positive and believe I will get better it will come soon. I think that any injury can get better and you will find a positive side to it. I think it can impact the world because if many people don’t look for the bright things in life then the world will be a dark place.

I'm doing “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.”Martin Luther king,Jr .What I think it means is making an enemy become your friend that is what I think it means.I can apply it to my own life because I have some friends that are enemys.Yes it could be used to be changed on someone’s attitude because after they become friends there will be no more dirty look or calling names or other things that are mean to one another.How it could inpact on the world well there will be a lot more people getting along. A lot more nicer people in the world and everyone would get along better.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 04:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I chose the quote by Albert Einstein, "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.", because it is one of my favorite quotes. My mom says that to me every day before school. I think that this quote means to always ask questions even if you have the slightest misunderstanding. If people didnt ask questions,there would be know reason for the word curiosity. I think that I could apply this to every subject in school. Especially math and science because those subjects are the most confusing to me. If I started asking more questions in those classes, I would probably be happier and calmer because every thing would make more sense. I wouldn't have to worry about doing bad on tests. Since it made such a big difference to me, imagine what it could do to the rest of the world. There might not be as many crimes or wars because people would understand each other more. I think that Albert Einstein's statement was very powerful, so powerful that it could change the world.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 02:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I chose Theodore Roosevelt’s quote “Believe and your half way there.” I think this means that believing is only half of the doing, that the other half is the doing it. I could apply this to my life by believing that I can do stuff, all sorts of stuff. Like participating in school. This could have a positive effect on someone’s life by giving them confidence by believing that if they can do, they can do it. If everyone could believe that they could do, the whole world could have a confidence boost therefore no one would homeless and we wouldn’t be fearful to ask people for stuff, like a world peace treaty.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 01:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

I think what Theodore Roosevelt meant was that if you think you can do something you basically have accomplish your goal. I can apply this to my life because I need to believe in my self to accomplish my goals. It can change someone attitude because it makes them believe in them selves. It could make an impact on the world by making everyone positive.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 01:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

The quote I chose was “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give." Kahlil Gibran I think this quote means that objects are meaningless and your true value is worth millions. If you give someone an expensive present with no thought behind it and it is like you gave them nothing but if you buy a gift and put all your thought into it, it means the world to them. I can apply this to my life by knowing that if I put my thought in something it will truly be appreciated. If you put your thought into something like righting them a note to tell them how much they mean to you it will change there day. This could impact the world because if everyone follows this quote everything wouldn’t be about money. In all, I am glad I chose this quote and I took the time to intrepid it.

"I chose the quote believe you can and your almost there." by Theodore Roosevelt because I thought it was a good quote. I think it means that if you believe you can, you can do anything. It can be applied in our own life in sports or school. I think it can be used to be a positive change in someones attitude because some people don't do that well in school. If they believe they can then maybe they will. This quote can make an impact on the world because if more people believe they can do things then they will. That will make the world a better place. That's why I chose this quote.

The title probably gave you a hint as to what I am writing about, this quote from Martin Luther King Jr. "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." I really like this quote. You should always love your enemies. you have seen in so many movies where the good guy tried to show his enemy compassion but the enemy refused. You have also seen in movies where the enemy took that compassion and love and became friends with the good guy. I just want to say just because they are your enemy don't just start to hate them give them a chance and show them compassion because everyone deserves a chance. Just like my mom she was threatened to be beat up in middle school but in high school she was best friends with them.

1) "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt is the quote that I chose because I thought it was it was something I would do. I thought it meant to keep going and keep in mind that you can do it, then you will be there in no time. Sometimes, I just stop and quit because I don't believe my self and think that I can't do it. This can apply to my life because it will teach me to keep going and never give up. This can also be used to change someone's attitude because they may not want to keep going and just stop because they're tired of it or they think that they are horrible at it, but if they believe, they can do it. It could make an impact on the world because when people do what this quote says, then no one will give up and they will keep trying so that we accomplish more things in the future. This is why I chose this quote to write about.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt means that no matter what if you believe you can your only half way there you have to do to achieve. I need to believe more and I would be further in live. People with a bad attitude this can help them by giving them more self-confidence.It can impact the world by getting everybody in a better mood then we would have a better world to live in. "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

The quote I chose this week was "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a a friend." By Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. What I think it means is that love is the only force that can force you to become friends with someone you never thought you would be friends with. How I could apply it to my life is try to have someone who isn't my friend and try to be friends with them instead of trying to avoid them. How it could be used positively to change someone's attitude is by saying you know instead of not trying to be friends consider this quote and see how you can apply it to your life. I would also think that one day when someone doesn't have any friends or they need help and while you're helping them try to get to know them better you think you know them instead of just assuming what you know about that person. It can make an impact on the world by people joining together and becoming one instead of being multiple. We should try something different everyday in our lives, because we only live once.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 02:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I choose the quote, "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend” by Martin Luther King, Jr. I choose this one because I found it easy to interpret and easy to relate to. To me it means if you show somebody just a little respect or kindness, they can easily become a friend. I can apply this to my own life by being nice, patient, accepting, tolerant, and showing others kindness; maybe, by doing so I can make an enemy a friend or at least calm a negative situation. For example, in 6th grade, there was a girl in my class who went out of her way to give me dirty looks or make rude comments. Usually, I either ignored her as she had been a friend at one time. Whenever I passed her in the hall, I made sure to say hello. No matter how often she leered at me, I always said hello. Eventually, she left me alone as no matter how hard she tried to get under my skin, I always responded with kindness and never let her see me get upset. Finally, it can make an impact on the world because if everyone cooperated, tolerated, and accepted one other, we would have no war or no threats towards our country. That is my interpretation on this quote, and I think this can have a big impact on everybody.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." theodore Roosevelt. I think it means that if you don’t believe that you can. you want try but if you do believe you will try. I could apply it to my life by trying new stuff. It could be like if someone does not think they can you could tell them you want now in tell you try. we could get a lot of people believe the can then it might spired thought out the would.

Albert Einstein’s quote: “Thee important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” can be interpreted as ask all the questions that can suit your curiosity, in my opinion. Someone can apply it to their life by being more interogative and more wondering. In some ways, this quote can give off positive changes in attitude. For example, someone can ask another person what is wrong. Also, that other person maybe glad to talk problems out. Also, this can make an impact on the world byhaving more questions leading to life and health. Finally, it applies to me because sometimes I ask questions because I am curios. A person without curiosity, isn't much of a person.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 01:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I chose the quote from Albert Einstein because he was a very intelligent scientist. He said, "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert was basically saying to ask a question no matter how embarrassing it could be. It applies to my life because I'm curious. I always ask questions on how something works. That's how I learn and grow. Curiosity can make a huge impact on this world because people will want to discover life's most fascinating mysteries. They will uncover all the answers to the biggest questions just like Albert Einstein did.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 02:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

This quote really means a lot to me. I interpret this quote as meaning that you need to believe in yourself. If you don’t even think you can do something, you are only giving half effort.  In some scenarios I have not believed in myself before a task and most of the time I failed. But, after a little motivation from a friend, I thought I could do it and I did! So now I know that even a little self confidence can go a long way in helping you succeed. I will start believing I can do things that might be difficult and maybe things will turn out. This philosophy can be used to brighten anyone’s mood. If you think you can more things can be accomplished. Whether it is a toddler believing they can walk or an athlete thinking he can break a record, anyone can apply this mentality to themselves. Eventually, the world will be impacted. If one person can do something then another can and another and another until everyone can get things done. Think of the possibilities that can come out of accomplishing things! The possibilities are endless! I know that it starts with me, thinking I can do it.   

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

I chose “ Believe you can and your half way there.” by Theodore Roosevelt. I think this means that if you believe in yourself to do something it can really happen and your already starting why stop now. This applies to my life because I always tell myself to keep trying in band or in academic classes because I have to give myself confidence to finish it. I think it could be used to change someone’s attitude because if they give themselves confidence they can change a grade and they will be able to change all bad grades to good grades. It could give the world and impact because they will believe that if they truly believe in themselves it can really happen and it would change the world.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

What Theodore Roosevelt is saying is that if you believe, you can achieve (I did not mean for that to rhyme). This can be applied to my life because I believe I can have fun everyday. It doesn't sound like much, but it really does work. Have you seen me before?! I'm always HAPPY! It can make a positive change because, whenever I'm sad, I get happy because I know I can. If the president or prime minister used my logic of it, they would really fun even when their country is in danger. Which might not be a good thing, but it would definitely effect the world. The point is, if you believe you can be happy, you can.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." I think this quote means exactly what it says. To be curious of your surroundings and to have loads of questions are fine. Encouraged even. I could apply this in life by asking questions when I have them, instead of holding back. I am not exactly sure that asking someone plenty of questions would exactly make their mood change. It could make an impact on the world because if people asked questions, problems could be answered.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 01:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I believe that this statement,"Love is the olny force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend" Marten Luther King Jr. means the only thing able to turn your enemy to a friend is to show them love and show you care. The way I would bring this into my life would be to just show love to the people I want to punch. It would make a VERY big change in my life. I believe that it would make at least a small impact on other peoples life if I am nice to every one. It might make them not hate me even!! To make an impact on the world, I would have to work hard and not hate people. If people saw I was so nice, it might influence them to be nice and so on. I would love to make a very big impact like that.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 03:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

a) I think it means that if you can be compassionate and tolerate people, that you have to be strong enough to do that.

b) I could try to be more compassionate to people, and also try to tolerate them instead of losing my temper.

c) I believe that it could. If people had more compassion for people and tolerated them more, then it would be more peaceful. There wouldn't be as much fights.

d) It would make the world more peaceful. There would be less wars.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 04:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Poets use a large variety of tools when they write a poem. One of the common tools they use is rhyming. They use this to make the poem have a more "up-beat" tone. It makes the reader more interested when reading the poem. A reader would want to read more and more of the poem if it had a rhythm to it. It makes it easier to read.