Copyright (c) 2014 by Paige Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Paige -- Blogmeister

Paige's Epic Blog!!!!!!!!!!! :) B) :P-

We are a sixth grade classroom in a k-12 school in the United States that loves learning and blogging with people from different parts of the world.

by Paige teacher: Mrs. Brown

Hope Solo

I would like to research Hope Solo. Hope Solo is a soccer player her position is a soccer goalie. She played as the goal keeper in the most recent Women’s FIFA World Cup. She also danced on the show Dancing With the Stars. Hope Solo plays on the women’s Seattle Sounders as their team’s goalkeeper.

I chose this topic because I like playing soccer and I think that Hope Solo would be interesting to research and I could learn something interesting about her and cool about her life. I think that she could be easy and fun to research because she would have lots of interesting things to her life also, she also comes across as being a people person, polite and nice. She is also a really good goalkeeper.

Article posted March 14, 2012 at 03:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 43

If I could travel back in time I would go to the early 1900s because in this time period there were kings and queens. I think that it would be diferent to be royalty.

I would like to see what the world was like without a telephone and having to know how to use the Morse Code. I think it would be diferent if today the world did not have the telephone because everyone would not be able to talk to friends and family who normaly we would be able to communicate today.

I think that when the Titanic sunk in 1912 that the world was very sad for a long period of time and that if I were to go back in time then that I would understand more of what the people who were experienceing this tragedy and who lost somebody in this tragedy were experiencing.

6th Grade Girls B-Ball Tournament

Great game ladies on our tournament last weekend! I think we did awesome! Can’t wait for next weekend! Let’s play the same next weekend!

Love,

Paige <3

When I am a grownup I think that the world will be different a lot in some ways and not very different in others.

Some things that I think will change in a big way when I’m a grownup is that more people will use solar panels and save more energy. I think that more cars will be energy friendly. I think that houses and work buildings and buildings in general will use more of the sun’s energy and produce less pollution. When I grow up I think that gas prices will be more expensive than what they are now but I hope they are lower! I believe that there may be a woman as president of the United States of America and also more women leaders or representatives for big companies or major operations. I hope that our country will not have to have soldiers fighting in other countries in a war. I wish that all the soldiers if they are fighting in a war overseas that they all will be safe and will be able to come home to their families. I think that in the future that the technology will be totally different and more advanced than it is today. For insistence the “computer” will be a thing of the past and will be considered a “dinosaur” compared to the things that the future would have. I would think that there will be way more advanced technology that would help to find cures and find out how our bodies could fight off diseases. I hope that when I am a grownup that scientists and doctors have already found a cure for cancer and working to find cures for different “incurable diseases”. I hope that the economy will change in a big way from now to when I am a grownup and I hope that people will be even nicer and respect life even more and be nicer when I am a grownup.

Some things that I think that will change in a small way are that schools will be run differently and in a friendlier environment. I think Botkins will have more businesses and restaurants.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 02:52 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 43

Article posted November 25, 2011 at 04:26 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

I am thankful for my friends and family and our freedom. Happy ThanksGiving!

Saidey Baidey

By: Paige

I’m going to write about my puppy Saidey and she is a Border Collie. We got her on September 27, 2010. She is mostly black but the tips of her legs and her paws are all white and her tip of her tail. Almost straight down her nose is a stripe of white, a little white to the side of her nose. On August 25, 2010 I measured her height she is one foot and two inches tall. When we weighed Saidey, when we took her to the vet, she weighed 9.9 pounds. I like to tell people Saidey’s theme song is Say It Aint So. I think it’s funny.

When we first got Saidey she was kind of sad and wasn’t very hyper but now she is very, very, very hyper! My dad says he dosen’t like puppies, but the first night we got Saidey when Dalton, Caitlin, and I were asleep, he put Saidey in his bed and laid with her. Once Saidey laid with me in my bed. She has to lie on the outside so she doesn’t fall in between the wall and my bed and get’s stuck.

Saidey loves to play with soccer balls. He chases them, and tries to play with them. Saidey also loves to play with socks! She likes to pull them off your feet and I think it makes my mom frustrated. It’s funny to watch. When she ties to pull my socks off I tell her NO and tap her on the nose because mom tells us to do that because she says she won’t ever learn until you do that. When we first got Saidey she loved to play with socks but now we gave her two old socks and put a knot in the middle and now we play tug a war with her. She loves it I think.

Saidey loves to play with my mom. Once Saidey and my mom were playing with a ball she started to nibble on my mom’s ear, and it started to bleed on the outside. My mom wasn’t very happy with Saidey after that but my mom forgave Saidey. Saidey likes to nibble on people’s fingers but it doesn’t really hurt because she is still teething.

Saidey loves treats. When we give her treats she sometimes eats them but usually she goes off and hides her treats. If you’re eating she will sit on the ground beside you, after a while she will start to bark at you until you yell at her at least two times or until you give her food. Saidey also loves the ice maker because our ice maker just gives you crushed ice and as soon as Saidey hears the noise she is there as fast as she can. If any pieces of ice fall on the ground she will not let you pick the piece of ice up.

If Saidey doesn’t want to be picked up or bothered she’ll growl. If you don’t put her down when she starts to growl she will snap at either your fingers or face depending on how you’re holding her or how she feels.

I hope Saidey stays with us a long, long, long time. I love her so much.

Veteran’s Day Program

I think that the Veteran’s Day Program went very good and I am very happy with our class’s performance. I enjoyed the questions and the clicker activity we did with the veterans because I thought that the veterans would enjoy it. I think the school and I got to learn more about the veteran’s individual experience in the service that if we didn’t have the clickers we wouldn’t have been able to know more about the veterans.

My feelings before and after the program was different because I think that before the program I didn’t think I would have felt as much pride and thankfulness towards the veterans as you said we would but after the program I did feel thankful and I did feel pride when the program was over that I thought I wouldn’t of before the program.

I think that the veterans and the students enjoyed the program but I think they enjoyed the clickers and question activity the most I think this because while we were doing the clicker and question activity the students were laughing. I think the veterans enjoyed being able to be involved in the program and get to tell their story in a way that they wouldn’t have been able to if we hadn’t done the clicker activity.

I think that Jenna and I did nicely on our patriotic symbol. I think we could have added the national flower (the rose) as a patriotic symbol.

I think that I wouldn’t change anything because I think the veteran’s seemed to enjoy the program.

I Love Soccer

I love to play soccer and I like soccer because you get to meet new people and play the sport with a variety of people, you also get to go to different places for games and some tournaments we are in you get to go to a different state and go shopping and go to different site seeing places. Once Caitlin played in a soccer tournament in Tennessee so my mom, Caitlin and I went to Tennessee and we got to go shopping and we also went to the Grand Opry Hotel and got to look at scenery there. I also just like to play the games and play with my friends. I also enjoy going to practice and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy making friends with the girls on my team we all go over to each other’s house and hang out with each other. I like the rush you get when you score or do something good in the game that changes the whole game and I like knowing that one thing you do in something can change the whole game. Like when you let a goal go in in a game or when you score a goal in the game when you’re playing in a tournament. Then finding out that if you would have scored one more goal or not have gave up a goal could have changed you winning the tournament or whether you were out of the tournament. I love how everything you do counts and there is not a thing that you can do or you do do in the game that doesn’t make a difference or doesn’t count because it all counts.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 02:38 PM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 37

I Am

I am an artist

I wonder if I will succeed

I hear the people bidding

I see the people bidding for my paintings

I want to see people sad when they didn't get my paintings

I am an artist

I pretend I am in a competion with my family

I feel like they don't believe in me

I touch the brush

I worry that I won't succeed

I cry over the thought of my dream never coming true

I am an artist

I understand the critique I get form others

I say I believe in my dream but I'm not so sure anymore

I dream of my family understanding me and my dream

I try to pretend that I'm not worried about my dream of being an artist not coming true isn't a possibility

I hope they will except me in the end

I am an artist

BY: Paige

Hello my name is Paige and I am 11 years old. I play soccer and basketball. I hope you like my blog and comment! Paige :P