Copyright (c) 2014 by Lillian Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Lillian -- Blogmeister

Lily's Blog-

We are a sixth grade classroom in a k-12 school in the United States that loves learning and blogging with people from different parts of the world.

by Lillian teacher: Mrs. Brown

If I could travel in time I’d visit Ellis Island. I would visit Ellis Island because I would like to see all the different immigrants that came to the US and hear their stories. I would also like to find out about the immigrant’s previous home and all of their old customs. It would be interesting to learn about the foods, games, clothing and holidays of different countries. It would be neat to interact with the children from different countries and learn games that they play. And that is why I if could travel in time I would go to Ellis Island.

I would like to research Julia Child. Julia Child was a famous chef, author, and TV personality. She is famous for introducing French cuisine to the American public. I chose Julia Child because my mom mentioned her to me saying she was a famous chef and I would like to become a chef someday.

When I’m an adult I want many things to change but I also want some things to stay the same. I still want to be close to my friends and family. I also want to continue my education and go to college when I’m an adult.

Some things I hope happen when I become an adult are that abortion becomes illegal and they find a cure for cancer. I also would like it if more of the US could be parks and nature reserves, instead of fast food restaurants and factories.

When I grow up I also hope that the economy will be better. When I become an adult I want to open a bakery because I love to bake, but if the economy is down it would be hard to do that.

I hope many good things will happen in the future and I hope I can be a part of them.

I was really happy with our performance on Veteran’s Day. My favorite part was when the question came up about your age and all the veterans laughed. I also liked that more than 80% of the veteran’s favorite team was Ohio State.

Before the program started I was really nervous because I felt immense pressure to make the veterans happy because of all they had done for our country. But eventually I felt better and at the end I felt so proud because we had honored the veterans just like we wanted to.

I really wouldn’t have changed anything because I thought it was really good and I think the veterans did too.

I think the veterans enjoyed it because when we handed them the notebooks I could see on their faces that they liked it and they were appreciative. Plus Mrs. Rogers told us that some veterans thought our program was the best they ever saw and that some veterans cried. I also think the students liked it too because they all clapped and I’m sure they liked the question about the veteran’s favorite team because they all chanted “OHIO STATE” and screamed when Ohio State’s bar was the highest.

I think my team and I did a good job on our monument (The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier). I think that we had just enough information and facts on the monument and nice pictures as well. I really can’t think of any other well known monuments we could have done.

I was really surprised that people said it was their favorite Veteran’s Day program. I thought we did a good job and all but I never really thought people would say that they thought our program was their favorite of them all.

I really enjoy reading books. One reason I like books is because when you read it allows you to picture the characters and scenes in your head. Another reason I like books is because books usually have more details because with books there isn’t a certain time the books have to end or a certain length they have to be. Another reason I like books is because in books anything can happen and you can have made up characters and have the strangest situations. Whenever I really like a book I can sometimes get lost in it and I just can’t stop reading. I love when that happens. And that is why I like books.

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 02:55 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 65

I Am

I am an urgent doctor

I wonder if my frightened patient will die or live to see another day

I hear both our hearts racing

I see the terrified expression on the patient’s face

I want to save this person's life

I am an urgent doctor

I pretend my dying patient will recover for his sake

I feel like all of the pressure is on me

I touch the lifeless body of the patient

I worry what her family will do and say

I cry for my patient and her worried family

I am an urgent doctor

I understand this unfortunate time must come at some point in everyone’s life

I say to myself it's not your fault

I dream about the family's reactions what will they be like

I try to tell the nail biting family the extremely sad news

I hope they will forgive me eventually

I am an urgent doctor

By Lily

I am an 12 year old girl who loves to read and my family. I also love V-ball.