teacher: Derrall Garrison

Article posted June 7, 2012 at 02:48 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

Blog Reflection

Since I started fifth grade, I have changed a lot. My blog has also changed. At first, my blog articles weren’t really something to look forward to. Now, they still aren’t quite perfect, but they’re something to pass the time, to read. I mean, no one’s blog articles are perfect, but mine aren’t the best. Some of the stories I’ve written have meaning, but other ones I just wrote for my weekly blog. :)I’ve been kind of writing weird things, but now they’ve evolved. More meaningful sentences, and some are actually worth reading! I’m not sure about anyone else, but this year has changed me (and my blog) a lot!

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 02:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

A Rainbow Cloud???

Last Saturday, as I was walking back to my house from swimming, my sister noticed a scarlet-colored cloud. When I saw the cloud, I pointed out that the one next to it was also a bright ruby red! Not only were there two, there were three! My mom pointed out yet another cloud that was a faded garnet red. At first I was scared. We had been hearing sirens all morning, so I thought that maybe there had been a harmful gas leak. But I also thought that someone might have a giant reflector, or was shining lights into a very moist cloud. So we decided to take a picture with my mom’s phone. If the colors showed up, then that really was the color of the cloud. If the cloud showed up white in the picture, then it was a reflection. Though the colors were faint, they still showed up. Now I was really creeped out. When we got home, my mom looked up “rainbow-colored clouds” on the internet. There was one really weird result. It said, “Beautifully colored clouds were seen right before the massive China earthquake!” My mom, my sister, and I said, “Uh-oh...” But why would they show up? That didn’t make sense, so we kept looking. When we went to Wikipedia, they brought us to a page called, “Circumhorizontal Arc.” We read the page, and knew this was the answer because we had found the same answer on a different website. Circumhorizontal Arcs are clouds made up of ice. The sunlight reflects off the ice, making it like a rainbow. When rainbows form, it’s when sunlight shines at an angle through water droplets. This same prism-effect happens to the ice clouds when the sunlight hits it. The colors in the cloud change because the cloud moves. These clouds move very quickly, so if you don’t move with them, their color fades from your sight. Seeing these clouds made me wonder: What other interesting things are out there that we just haven’t seen yet??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumhorizontal_arc

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 03:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I watched the movie “The Avengers” on Saturday, May 5th. It was a great movie. Every once in a while, you come upon movies that are truly worth watching. There are movies that are good, but then there are movies that have a meaning. They stand out, like “Avatar” and “Deathly Hallows Part Two”. In my opinion, “The Avengers” was one of the greatest movies of all time. There were many reasons why it was a spectacular movie. When there’s a crowd, you know it’s going to be a good movie. It’s not just about the size of the crowd, because the movie itself also has to be good. In conclusion, it was probably the best movie I’ve ever seen!

Article posted April 28, 2012 at 04:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Chapter Six

I almost jumped out of my skin, but Josh and Mrs. Minipaw seemed okay, like nothing had happened. “Oh, hello dad,” said Josh. “Josh, my boy, who’s your friend?” His dad replied, winking at me. Josh blushed such a deep red, I wondered if he could turn any redder. “Um, this is Addison. This is her first time in Caticus.” “Hi,” I greeted his dad, shaking his hand shyly. “Nice to meet you. I’m Raven.” I noticed his shining black pelt was the same color as ravens’ feathers. “So, you said that wasn’t the whole story?” I asked Raven, totally confused. His returned to the grave voice he had been using earlier. “It’s not the whole story, but to hear the rest of the story, you must sit, for it is a long tale.” He led us into the backyard and made sure we were comfy in the plush daisy-chairs (the chairs were made of daisies). Then he offered us rat-shaped biscuits and milk before he began the dark tale. Josh, Mrs. Minipaw, and I listened closely to his words. The sun had begin to set by the time he was almost finished. “When we were sent away, legend says that Great Milkypaw threw Shadow down a magical well that leads to several different places. Our family has been searching for the well for decades, but we still haven’t found it. But there’s something about you, Addison, and trust me, I’ve only seen this once before. See, I have the power to read people’s and cat’s Orab (a Orab is like an aura). Your’s glows in a way that only the rarest kind of Orab does. I think you are a Dreamer.” I almost fell out of my chair, accedentily breaking off four white petals. “WHAT?!” I exclaimed. “That’s impossible!” Josh had told me about Orabs on our way to his house. That’s how I knew about Dreamers. I think Josh was jealous of me, because I heard him whisper to his dad, “It’s not fair! How can she be a Dreamer when I’m not?! Halfies have a much larger chance to be a Dreamer, and the chance of a human being a dreamer is a 0.00001% chance!!” He glared at me for a second before turning back to his dad. I felt hurt. After all, it wasn’t my fault I was a Dreamer. Also, I was kind of glad that I had figured out that I was a dreamer, because I had been having weird dreams since I was born!

Chapter Five

I was mortified at Josh’s words. Why would he hold a grudge against the might and kind Great Milkypaw? And why would he and his family want to steal his crown?? “B-but why?” I asked them. “Why would you EVER do that?!” I was angry now. I had thought they were my friends, but now...now they were animals (literally!). “Look me straight in the eye, I want to know the truth,” I said aggressively. Josh and his grandma seemed scared and backed away. Finally, Josh broke the silence. He said with a shaky voice, “We were annoyed at him. He had locked my grandfather, Shadow Minipaw, in jail. We were angered by his choice of actions, and begged him to let Shadow go. But he refused. So we wanted revenge.” I noticed Josh had almost shouted the word “revenge” and his eyes were tinted with dark red. I was still confused. “Why did your grandfather go to jail?” Mrs. Minipaw’s eyes flashed with sadness before replying to my question. “In Kittrem, the townsfolk are only allowed to pick exactly four apples from the apple trees. The Great Milkypaw wanted to make sure everyone had enough to eat. But our family had five family members, and we were too poor to buy an extra apple at the market. Every day, we would pick five apples from the trees. No one found out until a week later. That’s when Rocket, Great Milkypaw’s guard, saw us pick one extra apple. Since Shadow was the one who picked the last apple, he was blamed. The cruel king said he must be locked up for the rest of his life. We brought Great Milkypaw treats and begged him to let Shadow go and take someone else instead, but he turned down our offers. Year after year, we suffered through this dark time. We became poorer and poorer because we were forced to pay for Shadow’s meals. So we decided we had to become richer at once, before we would all starve. We knew that Great Milkypaw’s crown was probably the most valuable item in the whole world of Caticus, and if we sold it we would be rich. Our family was delighted at the idea of stealing the crown, because of two reasons: 1) We would finally be able to eat and drink again with all of our money, and 2)We will have gained revenge on that filthy rich good-for-nothing king. Three days later, we had finished our plan. I would distract the guards, Athena (Josh’s mom) would sneak in and steal the crown, and Josh would unlock Shadow from the dungeon. Unfortunately, a stuck-up guard named Haze heard us whispering outside the castle, right when we were about to starrt our plan. When she heard us, she knew she would be promoted if she told Great Milkypaw about our plan. Then he simply banished us with no food or water, with nothing at all.” Mrs. Minipaw’s words hung in the air like a ghost, a sad memory. Now I felt bad inside. I hadn’t known they were innocent people from the start! “I-I-I’m so sorry,” I said in shock. There was a silence after that, until a grave voice spoke from behind me, “Oh, believe me, that’s not the whole story. Not at all.”

Chapter Four

“Um...I’m not very hungry...” I tried to tell her. But she didn’t listen. “No worries! And how’s my little grandson doing?” She said while tackling Josh into a big bear hug. “Grandma! Grandma! Please!” Came a muffled yelp from under the blubber. I frowned. “I thought your grandma was a cat?” I said, confused. Josh blushed in reply. “Well, she’s half cat, so she can morph from cat to human and back again. I’m also half cat.” I grinned. This was so cool! I had made a friend that was half cat! “Can I see you morph into a cat? And can you change into a kitten too?” I asked eagerly, my eyes gleaming brighter than the sun. “Sure!” His face grew whiskers in an instant, and he morphed into a kitten. “Meow!” He purred, looking up at me with his bright violet eyes. I bent down to pet his soft, silky blue-gray fur. “Your grandson makes a very cute cat,” I said to his grandma, half chuckling. But there was no answer, and when I looked up, She wasn’t there! “Uh...Mrs. Minipaw? Hello?” I asked in confusion. “Sweetie, I’m down here!” Someone said with a hearty laugh. I glanced down at the ground, and there she was! She was calmly licking her snow-white paws, occasionally smirking at me. Okay, this was getting confusing. Weren’t cats supposed to have amber or green or blue eyes? I mean, Zinnia had turquoise eyes, light like jade, but I had just thought that she was special. I asked Josh and Mrs. Minipaw to change back, so they did. Then I asked them my question. “So, I thought cats were supposed to have amber, green, or blue eyes. But how come you guys have violet eyes?” They glanced at each other, being silent. “It’s complicated, so you probably wouldn’t understand,” Josh said, still side-way glancing at his grandma. I was starting to get sick of the “Well you won’t understand.” I sighed and clenched my jaw. “Okay, seriously, I’m not the dumbest human! Just tell me!” With another glance, Josh started telling me about their relatives, their family, and how they had been banished by the Great Milkypaw, forever forbidden from Kattrem. “Um...You still haven’t told me exactly why you have funky eyes,” I said, tapping my foot impatiently. Mrs. Minipaw sighed but started to tell me why. “Cats that live in the mainland, Kattrem, travel into the human world to get information about humans. If they had crazy eyes, humans would become suspicious of us cats. Although most cats have amber eyes, some cats that are from other cities also travel into your world. Because they are not from the mainland, they have different colored eyes depending on the town.” “But if you are originally from Kattrem, why don’t you have amber eyes?” I pondered on, waiting for answers. “Our eyes are different because we were banished to this town, Kittania. When you are banished, you are no longer part of that city. Therefore we have violet eyes like the rest of the cats here,” Josh replied. Then came the hard part. I knew the question was personal, but I was so curious!! “So,” I said slyly, “Why did you get banished?” Josh and Mrs. Minipaw both turned red as the reddest rose. All was silent until Josh decided to speak. “We, uh...You see, we...well, us Minipaws were holding a grudge against The Great Milkypaw, and we conspired to steal his crown. But someone found out about our plan.......”

Chapter Three

As soon as I saw the human boy, I let out a cry of joy and almost jogged over. But I stopped myself. What if it’s a trick? I mean, these cats don’t seem to like me very much.  I hesitated to walk over to the boy. But my instincts took over. He was a human, wasn’t he? So I cautiously walked over to where he was standing. “Um...hi,” I said uncomfortably. He stared at me. “My name is Addison,” I tried again. But he just kept staring. I waited patiently for him to speak. Finally, he spoke. “Welcome.”He spoke in a friendly voice, but his eyes showed otherwise. They were cold and stared at me with pure disgust. And they were...well, plum colored. “I, uh, like your eyes,” I said stupidly. But he just grinned and said, “Thanks. I inherited them from my mother.” I stifled a gasp. I had thought they were colored contacts, but they were real! I guess he just needed to warm up a little, because he started blabbing as if nothing had ever happened. “So, I guess you know this is Caticus. I’m actually the grandchild of Great Milkypaw, but I don’t like to brag. Anyway, how long have you been in Caticus?” My jaw hung open and I tried and failed to close it. “You-you’re the grandchild of the Great Milkypaw? Wow, I am soooo honored to meet you!” I shouted, bowing down on my knees. He frowned at me. “WHAT are you doing? I’m the grandchild of Gray Minipaw, not the great lord!!” “Oh...,” I said sheepishly. “I knew that.” He rolled his eyes but recovered quickly by saying, “Anyway, want to come with me to my house? Well, actually, we’re having a remodel right now, but you can come in the backyard.”  I nodded my head yes and we left down the gravely trail. A couple minutes later we arrived at his house. “Hey,” I said, “You still haven’t told me your name.” He didn’t answer, so I nudged him in the shoulder. “My name is Jishimo Minipaw, okay?” I choked back a laugh. “Seriously? Your name is Jishimo Minipaw?!” He glared at me. “Look, it’s not my fault that Jishimo Minipaw is my name. I hate it, and as soon as I turn eighteen I’m going to change it. But for now, just call me Josh, okay? I don’t like that name either, but at least it’s better.” I giggled, but agreed to call him Josh. “So, Josh,” I said, “what do you want to do?” I barely got to finish my sentence before a hideous, fat lady came running out of the house, her fat jiggling around her. “Visitors! Goody goody! We’ve got to get you a snack, li'l cutie!” said the fat lady while pinching my cheeks. “Now c’mere, and I’ll boil a little stew for you.” Then she dragged me across the Minipaw’s front lawn.

My legs trembled like jelly when I heard the magnificent voice bellowing to me. I tried to answer but I was frozen with awe. “I-I-I’m Addison Collister. My cat Zinnia showed me how to c-come here,” I finally choked out. “Ah, very well,” the voice replied, sounding a bit calmer. “Yes, Zinnia was a fine little kitty. Alas, she has left Caticus in her second life. A great deed of sorrow she has given the world of Caticus. Even I, the Great Milkypaw was sorry when she left. Although we all know she will come back...” I was shocked. I had been talking to the Great Milkypaw of Caticus! “Great lord, may I enter the world of Caticus?” The cat purred with kindness. The golden doors opened, and behind them was a small dusty road. ‘Hmm? Where are all the cats?’ I thought to myself. Cautiously, I stepped onto the road and took two steps forward. When nothing happened, I continued walking down the narrow, old-looking road. In the distance, I could hear a faint, jolly tune of music. With a burst of eagerness, I hurried down the road. What I saw next was so surprising I almost fainted!

Instead of seeing grassy meadows with snow-white Persian cats strolling in and out of the long green grass, I saw a small village with cats in boots and leather hats playing the fiddle and pouncing aggressively on small mice that crawled within the houses. “Hi! I’m Addison Collister!” I said cheerfully, trying to be friendly. Three grey kittens heard me calling, and ran over to meet me. But the rest of the cats stared at me and ran into their houses in fright. The slam of the doors made me cringe. One of the bigger cats hissed at me before calling to the three grey kittens, “Silver, Moonbeam, Icy, come here now!” The three kittens bounded over to their mother, who swept them inside their raggedy house. But this was queer. Zinnia had told me humans have visited Caticus. ‘But she didn’t tell me humans actually interacted with cats,’ I thought, with a feeling of fury at the little cat. But then I realized why Zinnia didn’t know about these cats being afraid of humans. The last time Zinnia had visited Caticus was six years ago(the beginning of her second life; she was currently six years old). In cat years, she was almost forty-two. So that was forty-two years ago! No wonder Zinnia didn’t warn me about these rude cats. I shrugged and turned to leave and suddenly, a voice called out, “Wait! Don’t go!” I looked over my shoulder and saw the silhouette of a human figure standing in the dust.

Sorry! I know I keep messing up on the order of this story. This chapter was supposed to go before Chapter 3. Thanks!

The Chronicles of Caticus -- Chapter One

“Brianna, don’t you have anything better to do?” I said, trying not to panic. “Well, other than taking videos of you talking to the cat and posting them on Facebook for everyone to see, no, I don’t really have anything better to do.” I breathed a sigh of relief. “Wow,” Brianna sneered, “twenty-seven likes in ten seconds! Guess you’re more popular than the Queen of Dumbland,” she jeered, laughing her head off while walking to her room. I faced her and rolled my eyes, acting like I didn’t care. But my bottom lip was trembling the way it always does when I’m about to cry. “Don’t let her words get to you. She just does it to make herself look better,” Zinnia comforted me. I placed my hand on her soft, patterned fur. As soon as I did, a shock went through me, causing me to jerk my hand back. “What just happened?” I gasped. “It’s my strengthening power. Every different breed of cat has a different power. American Short Hairs, like me, have a strengthening power. Our strengthening power strengthens humans and cats when they’re weak or sad. Because of our power, we live longer than most cats.” “But- but-,” I stuttered, “When will you die?” “Well, us cats don’t actually die. The human world weakens our souls, it weakens it until we have to return to Caticus for strength. When we return to Caticus, we must stay there for one moon. When our souls have been restored, we may return to the human world in our next life. Cats really do have nine lives, you know. I am currently on my second, so I still have a long way to go.” I simply stood there, gaping at her. “Whoa.” That’s all I could say. “Hey, I just remembered, humans have entered the world of Caticus before,” She said, hinting to me, “There’s an entrance right in your backyard!” Again, I stood gaping at her. I had to sit down, for the news I had just taken in was shocking! “Yeah,” she said, “You could enter it any time of the year. But, you must promise to never tell anyone. Ever.” I nodded my head, my eyes glazed over.  She continued speaking. “All you have to do to enter the world of Caticus is: walk around that Japanese Maple tree nine times, then whisper to the leaves, ‘Enter’.” No sooner than she had finished speaking, I had already walked around the tree nine times. All I had to do was whisper the magic word. “Enter,” I whispered. There was a bright flash, and when I opened my eyes, I saw two golden doors with a cat-shaped handle. Then there was a great and powerful booming voice that bellowed, “Who dares to enter the magical world of Caticus?”

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

My Talking Cat -- Part Two (This was supposed to go before chapter one)

She opened her mouth and started talking as if nothing had ever happened. Nothing at all. “Well,” she said, grooming her silky black paws, “haven’t you ever heard a cat talk before? I mean, we talk all the time.” I just froze, my eyes growing wider every second. “Ok...maybe not. Eh, humans are probably just too dumb to know that we are talking to them. But seriously, is it so hard to give a cat treats when she whines, or brush her when she meows?” My cat eyed me before returning her gaze to her paw and grooming it again. “Are you really speaking to me?” I spoke slowly, amazed at what I was hearing. She replied with a simple nod, and pretty soon we were chatting it up the wazoo! Suddenly, Zinnia (my cat) dropped her voice low. “Your sister is watching us,” she said quietly. I noticed she looked worried, so I asked, “What’s the matter with that?” She shushed me and brought her gaze to my sister Brianna again. “Look, in order to hear cats talk, you must be a true cat lover. But Brianna, she isn’t. If she ever catches me speaking to you on video tape, my world, Caticus, could be destroyed! That’s why we musn’t let her see us speaking together.” I nodded faithfully, understanding her words. “Well, I wouldn’t let that happen. I’ll protect Caticus forever!” Except I had forgotten to whisper. “Hey, Addison, talking to the cat again?” Brianna said with a sneer. I heard Zinnia catch her breath, so I looked up at Brianna, and her camcorder was pointed directly at me!   

Um, sorry for the inconvenience, but that’s the end of the prolouge. The real story will be called:  The Chronicles of Caticus. I will continue from the end of this.

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

After this story, I will continue The Bottom of the Wishing Well.

My Talking Cat -- Part One

Obviously, my cat can’t talk. Or can she???

One day, I said to my cat, “Meow! Meow! Meow!” I wasn’t exactly being very smart that day. My cat scrunched up her little eyebrows, which I didn’t know she had, and glared at me. I jerked my head back and gave her a questioning look. She rolled her big amber eyes, opened her jaws, and squeaked,“MEOW!!!” Then she hissed warningly which caused me to step back. “Well, you’re a grumpy fella, aren’t you,” I mumbled as I stepped away. The she did something I never thought I would live to see... She streched her furry lips wide open, and said to me, “Hey, give me a break! It’s hard being a cat!” My mouth gaped open and I slowly spun around to face her.

Read Part Two Next!

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 03:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

Chapter Six -- The Wishing Well

The penny had stopped glowing, like a light bulb suddenly burnt out. But the penny had gotten her hypnotized, and when the penny stopped glowing, it caused her gaze to rip off the penny. She fell to knees hard and coughed. She took shallow breaths, and every breath could be heard from the mountainside. She remembered the promise she had made, and then realized she had broken her own promise. A lump in her throat suddenly appeared, and it became hard for her to swallow. Giant tears welled in her eyes and this time she let them fall. Abigail took a deep breath, but nothing could calm her right now. “I need to somehow be able to control this...” She thought to herself. Abigail rested on an old tree stump and sighed. Suddenly, she heard a small pop that made her head jerk up. When she looked ahead, she saw a brick wishing well covered in fresh moss. She rubbed her eyes and blinked. Had that wishing well appeared out of nowhere?

Abigail shook her head. Now she was going mental. But then what was that pop? Abigail rested her head in her hands and took a deep breath. Then she continued forward to investigate the wishing well. She brushed her fingers along the rough moss-covered bricks of the wishing well. They felt sandy. A tingle that made her jump away darted down her back as she touched the mysterious wishing well. It was the tingle of witch powers; there must be something magical in the well. Abigail leaned in closer and peered curiously down the well. She couldn’t see any water, so she decided to test its depth and powers. She reached in her pocket and took out the glowing penny. She stared at it for no longer than two seconds before tossing it down the well. Then she made a wish, “I wish to see where my sister Amber is.” When she squeezed her eyes and opened them again, a frightening sight made her gasp and fall to her knees.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 02:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

Chapter Five -- The Path of the Penny

Abigail woke with a start. Her head jerked up and her green eyes popped wide open. She breathed short, shallow breaths and her chest heaved with every breath. “Why,” she wondered aloud, “Why can’t I control this with my powers?” She took a moment to breath. The earthy smell of pine trees lingered around her, making her dizzy and her eyesight blurry. She narrowed her eyebrows and promised to herself that she would never let that evil soul take over her body. She knew that the penny was evil, and she needed to destroy it. But what she didn’t know was that the penny couldn’t be destroyed, not now, not ever.

She used her hands and pushed herself shakily up until she was standing. Her legs wobbled as she walked, but she ignored it. All she cared about was getting rid of the penny. She marched over tree roots and under low bushes, hoping to find her sister behind very tree. She walked and walked and walked for an hour when she finally gave up. She sighed and leaned against a redwood tree, resting for a bit. She hung her head low, figuring that she would never see her sister Amber again. Her eyes got watery, but she held in the tears, trying to be brave. She didn’t want someone to see her crying like a baby. Suddenly, her penny started to glow. It didn’t burn like last time, or make her think weird thoughts. It simply glowed. The shadows of the trees disappeared, drowned out by the light of the penny. As Abigail watched the penny float through the forest, she became hypnotized by it. She followed it, weaving through the tall trees but never taking her eyes off the penny. It was as if the penny were some kind of magical element. Abigail’s eyes became focused on the penny as if it were the soul keeping her alive. She stumbled over the rocky soil but never took her eyes off the shining penny. Suddenly, she let out a shriek.

Chapter Four -- A Walk in the Woods

There was something weird about the way Mrs. Snort had reacted. What had happened to Amber, and why was Abigail the only one that remembered Amber??  She had to figure this out. When Abigail stumbled across a tree root, she snapped back to reality. She looked up and realized she was in the woods behind her great grandfather’s mansion! Her parents had told her never to go there, because her great grandmother had taken a walk in the woods for some exercise and had never returned. Her great grandmother’s friend Charlotta had gone with Abigail’s great grandmother, and when she came back from the woods, she had been traumatized. She couldn’t speak for the rest of her life! Abigail was scared, but she kept walking. Every once in a while she would hear a rustle in the trees and bushes, and she would call for Amber. But the noises turned out to be birds, rabbits, and foxes. It was then that something weird happened.

Her left thigh started to burn. It didn’t hurt a lot a first, but then it had Abigail crying. Small, clear tears dripped down her cheek into the soil in the muddy ground. She finally had the urge to rip off her pants, but she reached inside her pocket and felt for something that could burn her without fire. Then she felt it. The penny. When she grabbed it and yanked it out of her pocket, she felt she needed power to destroy the earth, to somehow get revenge. She needed to destroy to survive. It was the bad feeling she had felt earlier. With anger, she threw the penny on the ground and screamed. She screamed a blood curdling scream that echoed throughout the whole forest. Her eyes turned red and she reached down to pick up the penny. She scooped it up and squeezed her fist around it. The burn of the penny made her scream more. “DESTROY!” Abigail screamed with all her might. The penny dropped out of her hand and she became herself again. She slumped down next to a tree and everything went black. Pitch black.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

Chapter Three -- Mrs. Snort’s Reaction

A crystal clear tear rolled down Abigail’s pale, glimmering cheek. Her eyes turned a sad blue, and her smile drooped. She had never cared so much about her annoying, bossy sister. But now she was determined to find her sister. She jumped down the stairs and slid swiftly across the floor to the big double-doors in the entrance of their house. Abigail swung open the doors and stuck her head out. It was sweltering hot out there, but something inside her lured her outside. Her eyes flashed red, and the bad thought was flaming in her brain again. She felt frustrated. She had put the thought way in the back of her mind, so why was she thinking of it again? She shook her head to clear her thoughts and continued walking down the mountainside. A small dip in the ground made her take a second look.

“What is that?” She wondered. It looked a lot like a small bare foot-print. When something sharp poked the bottom of her foot, she looked down to see that she wasn’t wearing shoes either! She wanted to go back to her house to get a pair of tennis shoes, but she just couldn’t, she had to find her sister. She had a hunch that her sister was somewhere in the forest, but she wanted to check at Mrs. Snort’s house first.

When she arrived at Mrs. Snort’s house, she knocked lightly on the door. Then she remembered that Mrs. Snort was hard of hearing, so she knocked harder. She waited a short while before Mrs. Snort opened the door. “Hello Mrs. Snort - or rather Mrs. Storn,” Abigail said sheepishly. “Hello darling,” She replied with a toothless grin. That was one of things that was scary about Mrs. Snort. Abigail shuddered, then entered Mrs. Snort’s house. She needed to ask Mrs. Snort if she’d seen Amber. “Mrs. Storn,” Abigail said sweetly, knowing that Mrs. Snort didn’t like her, “Have you seen Amber? She went out to play, and I can’t find her.” Mrs. Snort looked at her in confusion. “Who’s Amber?” She asked Abigail. Abigail’s eyes literally bugged out of her head. “Amber Frost. You took care of her since she was one years old!” “Oh. I’m sorry dearie, I don’t think I’ve heard of an ‘Amber Frost’,”Mrs. Snort replied calmly. Then she squinted her eyes and looked straight into Abigail’s bright green ones. “You better not be tricking me, Abigail. I know how pesky you can be,” She snarled, shutting the door in Abigail’s face. Talk about being pesky! How could she not know Amber Frost?! Abigail shook her head and started down the mountainside once more.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 01:25 AM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 40

6 Random Facts About Me.....

#1 I had pneumonia when I was 5 or 6

#2 I don’t know how to solve a Rubik’s cube

#3 I have a cat named Zinnia

#4 I am double-jointed in one finger

#5 I enjoy riding in HUGE cars

#6 I was 3 months old the first time I went to Hawaii

Article posted December 4, 2011 at 05:01 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

These are the words I've been using in my blog:

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 12:19 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 38

Chapter Two --  Amber’s Disappearance

“Good morning, Abigail!” Her sister Amber said with a mouth full of cinnamon Eggo waffles.

“Um...Good morning..,” Abigail said back to her with disgust at the sight of chewed-up waffle hanging out of the corner of her mouth. Then Amber wiped her mouth with her pink sleeve, so Abigail turned away. “Abigail,” her mother said, “I have an important case I need to go to, so can you take care of Amber?” Abigail hesitated, but soon realized that if she didn’t say yes, Mrs. Snort would have to take care of them, and Mrs. Snort never lets them go outside. “Sure,” Abigail said, nodding at her mother, “I’ll be fine. You can leave now if you want.” Her mother thanked her and rushed out the door into her Tesla Roadster 2.5 and sped away to the law firm where she worked. But Abigail didn’t want to take care of her sister. It was a Saturday, her free day. So she decided to drop Amber off at Mrs. Snort’s house. Amber thought the way Mrs. Snort snorted when she laughed was hilarious, so that wouldn’t be a problem. Suddenly, her stomach gurgled. She realized that she still hadn’t eaten breakfast yet! So she swooped around the kitchen, grabbing the cereal box off of a shelf and pulling the milk out of the fridge. The milk sloshed around in its jug when she walked quickly over to the kitchen counter. She opened the box, shook some cereal out of the box, and poured some milk into her cereal bowl. Then she carried it carefully across the cherry-wood kitchen floor. She made it to the table and slumped down in one of the purple velveteen chairs. “Amber,” she said to her little sister, “would you like to go to Mrs. Snort’s house for a few hours?” Her sister looked at her in confusion, then changed her expression to excited. “You mean Mrs. Storn?” She said, bouncing happily in her seat. “Well, yeah. I guess Mrs. Storn is what I meant to say,” Abigail said. “It’s okay,” her sister said with a wink, “I call her that all the time. But, anyway, sure! I’d love to!” She jumped out of her seat to take her dishes to the sink and called to Abigail, “When are we going?” She ran to the stairs and said to shout when Abigail was ready. Abigail sighed and continued to eat her cereal. In three minutes she was finished. Abigail snapped her fingers and the bowl flew to the counter. Yes, she was a witch. Abigail had been keeping the secret since she was six, when she had first discovered her magical talent. Abigail could levitate things, change the color of her eyes, and make things disappear and appear. She clomped up the stairs and changed into denim shorts and a light green short-sleeved shirt. When she had finished brushing her teeth, she pulled her light brown hair into a tight ponytail and shouted into her bedroom, “Amber! I’m ready!” But there was no answer. “Amber?” She called again. “Amber, if this is a joke, please answer me. Amber!” Suddenly, Abigail had the feeling she was alone. She raced into her bedroom and came to a stop when she saw the window open and the curtains swaying in the light spring breeze. “Amber!!” She yelled out the open window, hearing her echo down the mountainside. “Amber,” she whispered to herself, “She’s gone.”

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 09:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

The Bottom of the Wishing Well -- Chapter One    The Copper Penny

Abigail Frost opened her forest green eyes into the bright white light of the sun. Her green eyes sparkled periwinkle for a second before turning green again. Abigail stretched, got out of her bunk bed that she shared with her sister, and ran down the white marble stairs that led up to their bedroom in one of the castle’s highest towers. She hummed as she daintily floated down the staircase. Suddenly, a shiny copper glint caught her eye. She bent down to take a closer look. It was some sort of penny. She remembered the poem:

If you find a penny, pick it up, and all day long you’ll have good luck!

Thinking of the poem, she picked up the penny. Just as she picked it up, Her eyes flashed red. A bad thought crossed her mind at that moment, too. That was when the trouble started.

At first Abigail was worried about the cruel thought, but she put it in the back of her mind and continued down the long, windy staircase. She finally exited the staircase after two minutes of walking. Her feet were already tired! But she was used to it, because she walked down that staircase from the time she was four years old. The reason why Abigail lived in a high tower in a castle was because she lived in a huge mansion. Her parents had taken the house when her great grandfather Ricardo died of old age. He had been one hundred and two years old when he passed away and Abigail had moved in about a year after. So now she lived in a castle.

When Abigail entered the huge dining hall, she saw her mother and her sister eating breakfast. Her mother was dressed in a gray buisness suit because she was a lawyer. Her hair was in a neat ponytail. Her sister was a different story, though. Her seven year old sister was in a pair of pink fairy pajamas, her hair was a mess and she had drool streaked across her face. Her father was a fire-fighter, and he had already left for the fire station. Life was perfect. Or at least Abigail thought it was...

Chapter 6 -- The Final Chapter

“How can I be home again?” I whispered to myself. Then I realized that I was lying down on the saggy couch, and my mom was standing in the doorway with a relieved expression. She ran over to me when she heard me speak. “Oh sweetie,” she gasped, “I’m so glad you’re alive!” Suddenly, my dad came in the room. He smiled at me and said quietly, “ You were out cold when we came up into the room. We thought you might be dead!” I smiled weakly at my parents. I lifted up my head and felt dizzy. “Mom, can you get me some water?” I groaned. “Don’t you want your bubbly grape soda?” But no. I didn’t want any candy, or to ever play video games again.

The next day, I felt a lot better. I went to school, came home, and finished all my homework. It was awesome. I got skinnier from not eating candy, and I got less cavities. The dentist even told me I was brushing well! From that day, I never played video games and only occasionally ate a candy or two. Life was good!!

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 03:35 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

Chapter Five

I fell, down, down, down. I could see the blue sky rushing past me, the cool breeze whipping my cheeks until they were red. I looked up at the clouds and realized I was plummeting to my death.  I started hyper-ventilating. “Oh my god, oh my god! HELP ME!!” I screamed, flailing my arms and legs wildly. I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to see anything that happened. Suddenly, I heard a loud whooshing and a felt a big gust of air. When I opened my eyes, I wasn’t falling anymore! Instead, I was in the sharp white talons of a dragon! “Oh great,” I thought. The dragon dropped me in a huge wooden structure before folding its wings and going to sleep in the tree above me. I squinted up past the sun, just in time to see the dragon raise its head and nod at me. “OK, this is interesting. I’m in some sort of stupid dragon jail.” I muttered. I sighed and decided to get some rest as well. Walking over to the corner of the wooden box, I took off my warm blue jacket and curled up in a ball, putting the jacket over me. As soon as my eyelids closed, I fell into a deep sleep. But something weird was happening to me. I felt a tingle in my fingers, which soon turned numb. My heart started pounding, faster and faster, until my heart stopped beating. My shallow breaths could no longer be heard. Until...BLAM! Something inside me exploded with life again. I started breathing-short breaths at first, and faster until my heartbeat was normal again. My eyes shot open, revealing my bright blue eyes. I looked around, dazed for a moment. “What? Where am I?” I asked myself. Suddenly, my eyes grew wider. I was back in my house!

Red Bananas

Red Bananas?! Yup, they’re a real fruit. The skin is reddish-purple in color, but the inside of the banana is not very differently colored. The color of the inside of the banana can range from a light cream to a baby pink. I’ve eaten one before, and they taste almost exactly like yellow bananas, just add a sweet raspberry flavor and you’ve gotten the soft and creamy fruit taste.  Other than the color, the only noticeable difference is that they are only a little bit bigger than half of a yellow banana. They also have the same curved crescent shape as a banana.

Red bananas are imported from Asia and South America, because that’s where most of the red bananas are grown. They are favored in Central America, but many people throughout the whole world eat red bananas.

I like to eat red bananas, and if you want to try them, you can go to almost any supermarket. A specific one is Whole Foods, because that’s where I get my red bananas. You can also fry them, bake them, and put them in salads. Go ahead and try them, they’re delicious!!

Source: [LINK]

Chapter 4

The idea of getting sucked into a video game was amazing, but when it was really happening...I don’t think it was that fun. Everything was bright white, and the light was so white it was stinging my eyes until I forced my eyes open. Then everything was over.When I opened my eyes, I saw rocky walls flying by my body, and I was falling too quickly to grab on to a ledge. THUNK! I hit the ground smack onto hard smooth wooden floors. The impact caused my thick head to bounce up and down on the dark floor. I got up slowly and sat down on my knees. Something was pounding in my head, almost as if someone was throwing rocks at my skull. Suddenly, I heard  pounding on the floor. A shadow passed over me. I looked up and gasped, falling backwards to the floor again. A huge black-gold dragon loomed over me. “GRRR...” It growled. Giant smoke rings drifted from its nostrils, making the air around me steaming hot. “Whoa...” I breathed. The black-gold dragon dipped its head down and grunted. My eyes were wide as I inched slowly over to the magnificent creature and reached one tiny finger out to touch the gleaming scales. It snorted again, urging me to climb on its back. I grabbed a firm hold of the dragon’s scales and swung my legs up onto the shimmering back of the dragon. As soon as I held on tightly, the dragon opened its wings flew out a hole in the ceiling of the room. Even though I was gripping onto the scales so hard my knuckles were white, I was almost falling off from the wind blowing past me. It was amazingly beautiful. And that’s when I fell...

P.S. I’m going to continue the story after blog article #5.

Chapter Three

“WHAT?!!” I screamed, my veins bulging with rage, “How could this happen to me? I’m the highest rank dragon! How did she use those attacks??” I smashed my controller against the hard wooden floor, and slammed my finger against the reset button. The screen went black, and the soft humming noise of the machine was cut short. Suddenly, the lights went off. “What’s going on up there? What are those thumping noises?” I heard my mom shout. “Umm...I’m just frustrated that I lost my battle,” I said quietly, calming down. I sighed loudly and bounced onto my saggy green couch and felt it sink below me. “I stayed home from school for three whole days to finish this game, and I just lost a battle! I can’t believe it!!” I muttered. I shook myself all over, and then stood up and decided to try again. I reached over to turn on the controller, only to find that the button was jammed! I stuck my chubby finger on the button, and pressed it and pressed it. Suddenly, the room started to spin. It spun faster and faster, until it was spinning so fast I felt like vomiting. I closed my eyes and hoped it would stop. It didn’t help at all though, because at that moment a blinding white light flashed so brightly it blinded me through my thick eyelids. “Mom!” I shouted frantically. “Mom!” I cried again. But she didn’t answer. The only thing to be heard was the echo of my own voice.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 03:53 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 35

Chapter Two

I picked a yellow Sour Skittle out of the Skittles bag and munched on it proudly as I hopped up the cherry-wood stairs to the attic. “Ooh!” I squealed loudly. “When you get to black-gold level, you get special power-ups and bonus items! Booyah!” I scurried through the mass of junk in the front of the attic and picked a controller. I had convinced my dad to buy me a bright blue one for Christmas. I didn’t have to convince my mom to get it, because she was on my side the whole time. I chewed on another skittle and shuddered at how sour it was. I reached down and turned on the wii. It took a little while to start up, because I play my wii everyday right after school. I don’t do my homework, but it’s okay because my mom just writes a note to the teacher saying I was busy. Some people might think I’m a spoiled brat, but I personally think my mom is just a nice person. I also don’t go to any of my friends’ houses, because I’m too fat to fit in their small cars. The only reason I can fit into my own car is because I’m an only child, and we have a blue Toyota minivan. By this time, the game had loaded up. It showed my dragon, a big black dragon with the edges of my scales a shiny gold. I had pearly white fangs that hung over my twilight black lips, and claws the size of small boulders. When I played this game, it was as if I had entered a whole new universe! I was always so focused on winning, that it felt like I was actually there in the battle arena. The game was actually kinda boring if you didn’t have any challenges on your battle list. “Bo-ring...” I mumbled. Suddenly a challenge popped up. It was from “Popcorn_3”, a purple rank dragon.She wasn’t that good, because purple rank was one of the beginner ranks. The ranks went in order like this: orange, red, purple, green, blue, white, black, and finally black-gold. I guessed it was a girl, because next to the challenger’s name, it shows their gender. But it could have been a boy, because you get to choose your gender, or you could just not put your gender at all. Anyway, I accepted her challenge, and the home screen changed to the arena background. The screen camera vision circled around the two dragons twice before zooming in. I got to go first, because I was ranked higher. I chose Star Slash, which takes down three of the five power bolts she had. “You’re going down!” I hissed. Then it was her turn. She chose Fire Bolt, which killed nine of my ten power bolts. “WHAT?!” I screamed. “How could she have done that attack?! That’s a black-gold rank attack!” When it switched back to my own turn, I chose Lightning Flame. But instead of killing her completely, I only killed her by a half point because my power bolts were so low. And then Popcorn_3 killed me with Frost Flower, which is also a black-gold rank attack. 

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 04:27 AM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 33

Dark Magic

Bright red beams shot out of my burning black scales, scorching the purple dragon across from me. The dragon’s plum scales changed to a sickly yellow before the dragon flashed once and faded away. I dropped my video game controller in shock before I realized what had happened. I looked at the screen, my eyes becoming wider. Then, out of nowhere, I pumped my fist in the air and jumped around wildly. “Yes!! Yes!!” I screamed. I hadn’t noticed my mom was in the room until I saw her leaning against the doorway with her arms crossed and her eyebrows slightly raised. I stopped pumping my fist and slowly sat down on the saggy green couch in the corner of the attic. “So,” she said with a raised eyebrow, “What’s all the screaming about?” “Well...I was playing Dark Magic, and I defeated my seven hundred ninety-fifth dragon, so I finally became a Black-Gold dragon, the highest level dragon. Thanks for letting me stay home from school to finish this game, mom.” I said in a nervous tone. I knew she wouldn’t be mad, she never was, but I wanted to sound nervous just in case. She always gives me candy when she thinks I’m scared of her. She’s a good mom. “Your welcome, sweet pea. Aww, are still scared of me?” She said, looking worried. “I never mean to scare you. Come on, you can have a pack of Skittles.” She gestured for me to follow, and led me to her giant candy jar. She pulled out a big pack of Sour Skittles, saying, “Sweetie-kins, feel free to take some candy from my magic candy jar whenever you like.” And with a wink, she was gone.