teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Speeches 04/18/12
Federal payments 04/06/12
Athlete dues 04/04/12
World war 1 03/20/12
Holes and Helprers 02/06/12
01/17/12
My need 12/12/11
Mysterious Setting 11/15/11
Fear No Fear 10/28/11
favorite 09/29/11

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 04:39 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

There are a lot of things to be informed on. I have accouple i would like to learn about or give information about. One is to be informed on Global warming because a lot of people dont think its true. Except if you look at the weather each year the tempatures are rising. One i would like to give one on is chewing gum in school. This is because one kids will chew it anyway and why get in trouble if nobody listens. Another is that it kepps kids undistracted and teachers wont have to compete with their stomachs. One last thing i would like to learn about is Kony 2012. This i s because we are kids pursleves and should know the dangernous about child slavery. I mean these are kids our age getting killed and having to be forced to fight. These are some things i'd like to learn about or give a speech on.

The US goverment is in 100s of trilions of dollars in debt.I think that the goverment should put there money into certain important thing. One thing is that they should focus on schools. This is because everyone deserves to have a education espescially for kids in other countries who cant afford it. Another priority they should have is on paying the military. I think this because those people risk their lives for us.Lastly is that the goverment should focus on paying back their debt. If were in debt and we have to spend more money all it does is make the matter worse. these are the priorities that the goverment should have finanitally.

A average person doesn't make even 100,000 dollars a year. A professional baseball player makes 2.3 million dollars a year. A professional athlete should make that much money for just a playing a game. To begin a athlete doesn't need that much money to make a living. Also enterainment isn't that important to make billions of dollars off of. Another reason they should get paid that much is because its only a game that they're playing and its easy to play a game, but not saying everyone is good at it. Lastly i think if you are going to get paid that much than you should have a better chance and if that means lowering the pays well then thats fine because if you made the pay 200,000 people would still be find. Also people would then have the cahcne to play there favorite sport for their living. That is why professional sports players shouldnt be paid 2.3 million dollars a year

In the Artical of world war 1 the war has started from a assassenatin. This was the assassenatin of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Austria. This battle differes to the battle of the 5 armies becuase the battle of the 5 armies started all from gold and greed. Also the battles both and allinances wiht each other. Antoher way they were the smae was they were both started from stupid reasons. the fake war ended better becuase After the World War 1 there was worl War 2 and many more with other countries.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 09:10 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 32

Holes in my sidewalk are all the way from school to sports and house chores. To begin i will play video games before anything. This will make my homework late or hard to do. Also hockey is a big thing i will slack on. Mostly by skipping practices which wont help me get better. Lastly chores i will just never do when asked. Usually im asked to take out the trash, pull weeds e.t.c. Even though i have holes in my sidewalk i still get around them but everyone makes mistakes.

Don't hate me,

because I am white.

Don't hate me,

because of my skin color.

Hate me,

for my actions.

But don't hate me,

for the way I look.

Judge for me for my disposition,

not for my complexion.

Our society,

is filled with lots inequality.

Be sure it's about personality,

instead of inequality.

Don't be the one to practice

segregation and discrimination.

Be the one to practice

a celebration of life.

All men are created equal

That was true for all people

http://www.cyberlearning-world.com/nhhs/project/kingpoem.htm

Nicole B.

Erin R.

Amanda B.

April S

This compares to a text i have read about how martin Luther king had a dream.

I remember that at my old school there was an assembly about racism.

I know that even though lots of racism has been stopped it is still going around just like the KKK

There are alot of things i could not live without but i have one in paticuarly. For sure i could not live with out food. This is because i love to eat alot. For example i proboly bring the biggest snack in my grade. Now you are proboly asking am i fat? No. i have a good metalobism so i burn it off. Also i love going out to eat and having cooked food so i would die with out it. Lastly i love food because of all the diffeent sorts and all different flavors too. All in all that is the one thing i could not live without in life.

there are lots of good settings for mysteries, but i have a pecial one. One is its good when you hav a small town so you know ur suspects. I mean if its in Los Angels then it might be hard to make an inference. Another good part of a setting is when its not a godd place or safe place. For example a place with one sherif and thats all or in the gettho. Lastly i think a key part to a mysterious setting is to have a history in the people or the town. By this i mean each person is rememberd and named in a way. These are some of the things i think should be in a mysterious setting

There are alot of things that are scarry in the world. Except only a few of these things scare me. So usually i am not that scared of like horror kind of things as in movies and book and haunted houses. Now say we are talking about real life situations i can get scared easily. Usually its stuff like very high heights spiders snakes. To sum up i am usually not scared easilly when it comes to thigs that arnt real, but when it comes to real life things i am a baby.

We have read many short stories, but "7th Grade" is my favorite. One Reason i like this story is the the storyline. Its because of the relations to me. Another thing i like is that its funny. I think this because how hard victor trys to get a girl. The last is how short it is. All in all we have read lots of short stories but this is my favorite.