If I was Prometheus I would most likely have answered yes, but I would have only said so to make myself look better. As prometheus I would like to make my image more appealing. I rarely think before I act and am therefore cause a lot of trouble. Thinking before I act could help me to be smarter and not a troublemaker.

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 52

Several good topics for a persuasive speech would be persuading someone to play a certain sport, or to play an instrument, or to join a club. It would be easy to persuade someone to play a sport because you could use the bandwagon appeal with the major league players. You could persuade someone to play an instrumente because of pride(vanity). You could use both of those appeals to persuade someone to join a club. Those would be very easy topics.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 08:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

The top three priorities for the federal government to fund in the next fiscal year should be defense, Social Security, and debt. Defense is crucial becasue without it we might not live to fund other issues. Social Securtiy is also a priority because if citizens' money and identity are always being stolen they will be furious and the government and insurance companies will have to pay them. Debt is maybe the most imporatant. If our country goes bankrupt then the economy, the government, trade, and everything else that our lives are based on wil crumble to the ground. OUr lives will be miserable compared to the plush lives we are used to. Those are the three priorities that should require the governments funding.

Justin Hjelm wrote a fascinating article on his thoughts about professional athletes salaries. His views their salaries as overly exorbitant.

Pro-athletes are paid much more than they truly deserve. First off, they get paid to play a game. That seems about as fair as getting paid for going to an amusement park! Who wouldn't want to do that! This also causes many kids to drop out of college to try for a spot on one of these teams. Then if they don't make it they don't have many options. Lastly, they aren't saving any lives. That might warrant a larger salary but still not nearly as much as they are paid. It is obvious that this is not right, and pro-athletes are paid too much.

I think that Tolkien viewed nationalism as a very important idea. In the his book "The Hobbit" he portrays the dwarves as very loyal to their nation and people. In this way he shows that without nationalism there would be no loyalty and therfore many more wars between people in the same country. He seems to want to state that without naitonalism war would be inevitable.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 02:19 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 39

There are a lot of qualities in a person that I admire. First, kindness is always important. If someone is kind they will help you if you need it. Next, humor is a great quality! A person that is funny can always cheer you up.Last, trustable. Trust is important to have with any person. Those are only a few qualities that make someone admirable.

Don't resist;

Be flexible.

Don't be rigid;

Be supple.

Welcome change!

Each change

Is an illuminating opportunity

To knock at the door

Of fulfilling sweet progress.

Sri Chinmoy

Text to Text: In "Alice in Wonderland" she has to try many doors before she finds the right one.The door she opens is definitely a change.

Text to Self: In my house I sometimes walk into the wrong room. While i am in the wrong room I end up doing something comletely different. Every room has a new possibility.

Text to World: You have to be willing to change for it to happen. In the world you need to not be mad at the change but bend it to help you.

The one thing that I think that I could not live without is my family. They mean everything to me. Unlike Scrooge I care a lot about my family and love to spend time with them. To him family is nothing and money is everything.

Article posted November 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

I think that the perfect "closed setting" for a mystery would be ina house near a lake. I chose this because this setting always gets me thinking of the many things that can happen near a lake and forest. A lot of mystery books use this setting making it common, but each with its own twist!

Fear is an awkward feeling. At times it makes us do things we rationally would not have done. It can motivate us and push us beyond what we would nomally do. It can also make us stop in our tracks. Fear is something that shows up in everyday life, wether it is a test or a haunted house!