teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Fear can be your friend or your enemy. Fear can take over you and freeze you on the spot when you least need it. Or make your run faster and jump higher in times of fear. Having the right balance of fear is necessary to having a good life. If you are to fearful you will never have any fun and be scared of anything and everything new. But having a healthy amount of fear is what keeps you from doing extremely dangerous things. For example fear is what keeps you from jumping off a 10 story building or rafting down niagara falls. Even though fear can come from anything remember you have to have a healthy amount of fear.

Fear can make you do crazy things. One thing that happens is you start to belief in things that are not true. After that you usually make others look like it is them people around you that don't look like they are doing "normal" stuff. You feel as though they are the ones or one doing everything to you and it is their fault. Fear does many things to you, but it mostly makes you lose your common sense.

Well I just went to a haunted house with one of my friends and so we got pretty terrified. So it can affect us by screaming, hitting, running, or it doesn't affect us that much. How are we supposed to know what we fear before we try it or look at it. Maybe it is not that bad after all. Maybe you need to see what you're going to confront. So I guess ya I can have fear affect me somethimes, but I want it to actually face me before it does.

Fear can affect us in many different ways. It can affect our attitude towards something or or a new way we look at something.

First,it all has to do with our personality. It depends on what kind of person you are. Some people can be scared easily and some not so much. Fear can also can make us worry or paranoid about something.

Second, it makes us realize that not everything is not safe and nice. Fear can be assoiated with bullying. You could be scared of a person instead of a thing. Bullying is a part of fear because it can make you feel horrible and terrified of everything.

Third, fear can affect us by facing our very own fears. Sometimes facing our fears can help us get over it.Fear can also give us stress,so it would be best to get rid of our fears.

Finally, Fear is something that no one wants to deal with, even when it dosent scare you it still isnt something people want to deal with

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Fear affects us by making us think quickly and normaly ilogicly. Fear can trigger anger or sadness this is becouse of how we use the flight or fight response. Fight is normally corralated with anger and flight with saddness. Fear can also make us think diffrently. It can do this becouse we make hastey and rash desicions or dont think things through. Thats how fear affects us.

Everybody experiences fear, so it's not a new emotion to me. Fear definitely controls us, and even makes us do things that, under normal circumstances, we would probably never do. It's almost like an adrenaline rush, really. Like the mother and the car thing; if her baby is stuck underneath a car, the mother will get the adrenaline rush from the fear, and would be able to lift the car up, and rescue the baby from underneath. It literally makes us do crazy things, since the blood from the front of our brain, which is where we make our logical choices, rushes to the back, where the control of lungs, heart, and stuff like that is. I would say fear motivates you, but I don't really love the motivation if gives me. I can't truly remember any experience where fear has surprised me in some way, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open. All in all, I would say fear affects us in, mostly, negative ways, such as in "The Monster of Maple Street." Yet, it makes us do crazy things, that we would never imagine that we could do alone possible.

Mystery stories are full of fear and in Language Arts class, we just finished reading one mystery story and are about to start reading more. Fear affects people in many ways and can make them jump to conclusions, like in "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street". It can make people turn on each other like cats on mice. People jump to conclusions by making little things other people do seem really bad so the little things they do don't seem so bad. Fear also makes people turn on eachother. They would rather say their friends are monsters than risk them or their family being said to be monsters. On the other hand, when somebody is said to be the monster, they can think more clearly and are able to say the people who are turning on them are just overreacting and thinking irrationally because of paranoia and fear. Clearly, fear affects people more than they realize - until they're the victims.

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 02:30 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Fear affects me only if I let it. If I let it overtake me, that will determine my attitude at school, at home, and everywhere I go. Instead of living my life in the shadows, I live by one rule: Fear nothing, and fear God.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 02:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Fear effects humans both mentaly and emotianlly. When I was just six years old I woke up from a horrible nightmare that my family had dissapeared. Terrified I rushed into my parents room. When I shook the covers there was no one there. I started to panic as if my nightmare had became reality.I knew my brothers were gone on a camping trip. There seemed like there was nothing I could do, so I grapped my favorite blanket and huddled in a corner. Fear affected me in many ways, metaly and emotianlly that day. If I knew my parents were picking up my brothers, I would of never made the desition to grab an object that made me feel safe.I would of also not panicked like I did. Fear always effects us every day in our lifes. And we make either good or bad descions based on fear.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 03:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Many people in the world react to fear in many different ways but here are a few of the common ones. The First common way for someone to react would be to get all jumpy or parinoid. Another way would be that some people get very shaky. Next, some people just can't resist screaming when they get scared. Last but not least, some people get all of the above or more than one of those ways to react to fear. So that is how most people react to fear when they get scared.

Fear comes in many forms for different reasons. It occurs when there is something you are afraid of or if you are afraid to fail whatever you are attempting to do. The unknown scares us too because we don't know what may happen or what something is, so we may not be prepared. It holds you back and makes you begin to doubt yourself. Sometimes, it may even make us stop doing what we want to do or what we believe is right. By having fear though, you can be able to find the courage of pushing those thoughts away. It gives you more courage than if you were doing something without fear. Many people are fearful when they are worried to mess up or do something wrong. In elementary school, we have a school play each year that anyone could participate in. I really wanted to but also had stage fright. Then I found courage to get up on the stage and act. When I finished, I was even more proud of myself. Even though you have fear, if you go for it, you will feel even more accomplished. It motivates you to do better and makes the event more exciting. Fear also hinders us in doing what we want though but overall, it isn't always a bad thing to have.

Article posted November 1, 2011 at 01:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

I feel fear can make you do a couple of things. It can motivate you to do something you would not normally do. That could be to do something crazy or something brave. Fear can also hinder you. It may stop you from doing something like going into a haunted house, or trying anything new. You have to decide which way it will affect you and hopefully for the best way.

fear can affect us in so many ways. fear can be when you have to present something to the class. or maybe watching a scary movie. kinda like the show twilght zone. the story the monsters on mapple street. the people in that story had alot of fear because they didnt know what was happening to all of there stuff. but maybe someone wont get scared by that. fear could get someone else or it could get you...

Fear effects you because it effects the way you make decisions.  Fear isn't good or bad, it is just a state of mind. It may be bad if it is a life or death situation, but if not it is ok to have fear.

Fear affects us by holding us back, creating a barrier, and prevents us from trying new things. It also affects us by not being able to do fun things with your friends or family. The good thing about fear is that it keeps you from get injured or getting in danger.

Fear can effect us in many ways. For example, in the story, "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" the people got so scared of the events that were going on the people were the ones that became the monsters.

Fear affects us by making us nervous and having no idea what to do, fear can also make us change how we act to others by trying ot avoid that fear, phobia (fear) has a different affect for different people. you can controll fear by looking it right in the eye. Fear holds us back from what we can do with a little push.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ~Connor

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 05:37 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

Fear affects us in so we get that rush of beaing scared and then thinking "I should have seen that coming. We sometimes want to be scared that is why we have huanted houses and scary movies.  

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 05:14 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 32

How does fear effect me. it makes me scared an makes u wanna run. iv honestly never been scared exept wen my mommy is mad lol. but being scared doesnt make u a sissy unless ur a dude. wen ur scared just put on dora,wow wow wubzy,go diego go,garfield,grim adventures of billy an mandy,an manny more. but if u r scared do NOT=http:// watch lifetime it is very wierd an kinda makes u feel guilty for no reason an ik this because i have a mom that is like my sister we do everything together so yeaht nthat is my story of HOW DOES FEAR EFFECT ME=http://=http://=http://!!!!

sicerly dominic -_-

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 04:12 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

Fear can affect us in many ways.One way it affects us is it affects our common sense. We do alot of stupid things while we are scared like blame people for our fear and accuse people of doing things wrong.another way fear affects us is it makes our brains make us ready to fight what ever is scaring us.The last way fear affects us is it makes you think of the worst not think rationally. These are some of the many ways fear can affect us.

Fear, is based on one of your emotions. You can get scared by a horror movie, prank, video game, or a vision that might be going on right know. But, how do I think think on fear? Fear effects us with pain and lost. When we see something that maybe be scary, or a phobia. We can be effected by fear, so we would give up on anything important or risk-taking. Yes, I did make a self decision, especailly on rides. When I tried a ride at "Circus-Circus", I got scared to death when I was coming down super fast, and I sweared I would never go on that ride, again. I forgot what the name was, but the ride was based on "The Tower of Doom" at Elitch's. If I would say that fear is motivate or hinder, I would say both. I said both because, my opinion is that you can see or feal fear anywhere you go, including when you're day dreaming, or when you're sleeping. This is my blog about "The Fallout of Fear". I hoped you'd like it. Bye!

Article posted November 14, 2011 at 02:33 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

When I was younger I was afraid of all animals. I have know idea why I was scared of them. If I saw I dog outside I would run back inside know matter how big or small it was. I was even afraid of puppies and kittens. Now I love animals. I think sometimes fear hinders.

I know that fear can affect anyone.It affects each person in a different way. Fear can be as simple as being afrsaid of the dark or as complex as being followed by someone or something. I think that life would be boring without fear becuase it makes us jump and gives us adrenaline, and I think that we need this sometimes. Fear can be a positive or a negative thing, depending on the situation and person.

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 01:57 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

As a wise man once said,"we have nothing to fear excepte fear it's self." Fear is a good thing two have and here is why. First, it can protect us. When you get scared your body is ready to fight your way out of danger. so when a murder is about to kill you fear will will let you run as fast as you can to get away.Also fear sends you warnings. When you are about to go into a house that is screaming danger fear sends you little flares saying,"Don't go in there." Finally fear can help you make decisions. Some examples of this are: When you are going to break the law fear will tell you am I not going to do this because i am afraid or am i doing this because i want to get in trouble. That is why fear is a good thing to have with you because it can protect you, send you warnings and, help make decisions. that is why I think fear is good what about you?

Various people have different reactions to diverse situations. Many adults' hands will get clammy or people will get jumpy. For me it's just a little bit of a different case. First, many people have fight or flight modes when they are surprised or scared. I am similar, but I also can freeze up under certain circumstances. Dpending on the situation I am put through, I will choose any of the three modes. My second reaction is lots of adrenaline. My heart starts pumping quite fast and I get very jumpy and sloppy on things that require focus. I would stumble on my own tongue and I am easily frightened by the littlest of things. Last, My focus just completely fails on anything but what is making me frightened at the moment. As an example, my house creaks a lot. But one day when I was home alone, it sounded like when my parents get out of bed on the weekends. Something fell off upstairs and so my mind thought that there could possibly be someone in the house. I went upstairs and checked everything out and didn't even notice my mom had called. So you can see, my reactions will problably vary from yours, but fear still affects me in very strong ways.

Fear affects me by causing me to be super scared ofsomething. An example would be... I was afraid to ride a rollar coaster. Ally Convinced me to, but I was shaking with fear. After we got straped into the coaster, I started shaking evan more. On the ride while we were going on the track i was screaming so much, I might have bursted Allys ear drums. Now I like Rollar coasters.

Fear affects us in a lot of our desisions. Weather it is fear of a teacher or fear of a knife it affects our desicions. For example you may not do something you can do.This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Lets say you are trapped at as canyon and there is a 15 foot jump.from one side to the other and a wild bull is chasing you. If you were not fearful you would probably think you couldn't jump and hide and you could be found and it would be over,but since you were fearful you would try to jump and probably make it. In this sencenrio fear can help you ,but on The monsters are due on maple street it was a bad thing and clouded people's judgement.

Fear is an awkward feeling. At times it makes us do things we rationally would not have done. It can motivate us and push us beyond what we would nomally do. It can also make us stop in our tracks. Fear is something that shows up in everyday life, wether it is a test or a haunted house!

There are alot of things that are scarry in the world. Except only a few of these things scare me. So usually i am not that scared of like horror kind of things as in movies and book and haunted houses. Now say we are talking about real life situations i can get scared easily. Usually its stuff like very high heights spiders snakes. To sum up i am usually not scared easilly when it comes to thigs that arnt real, but when it comes to real life things i am a baby.

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Fear affects everyone in different ways. However, I believe that generally fear only constricts us from reaching our full potential. If there was no such thing as fear, life would be simple and easy to breeze through. Fear allows us to think through our decisions before follwing through on them. Nevertheless, if our life consisted of only fear, we would never do anything exciting. Therefore, life would be boring with too much fear yet life-threatening with too little. Somewhere in the middle would be ideal when it comes to a "fear-o-meter" for life.