teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Orpheus 05/09/12
Speech 04/26/12
Fedral Funds 04/06/12
Athletes 04/04/12
What Matters 12/14/11
What Matters 12/14/11
Mystery Settings 11/30/11
Fear 11/01/11
hiring me 09/13/04
rtt 09/29/11
School 08/25/11

If I asked Orpheus the question do you think before you act? this is what I think he would say. If I asked Orpheus do you think before you act? I think he would say that he did'nt think before he acted when he turned around in the underworld and looked at Eurydice and did'nt even consider that she could have been behind him.

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 01:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

There is something that I would love to hear a speech on. I would love to hear a speech on how to improve classroom sizes. Some classrooms are so small they can't fit all the kids in the classroom. So that is what I would like to hear a speech on.

There are many things that are important. Things that help us survive and live peacfully. These are three things that the US governmant should focus on funding. First, the government should fund schools and the education program. The kids that are little right now will be the ones running our country in the future. They need a good education. Secondly, the government needs to fund medicare. It is getting harder and harder for people to afford health care. Alot of people get sick or hurt. They need to be treated and be able to afford it. Lastly, the government should help fund bussinesses that are having trouble and having to lay people off. Those are three things the US government should focus on funding.

A lot of people don't make a lot of money in their lives. They can't make a good living because money is tight. This is the reason athletes are paid too much. Firstly, athletes are paid too much. There are alot of poor people out there.People that can't get a job or fend for themselves. Businesses need more money so they can hire more people. We basically need more money. But it's all being wasted on a dumb sport. Athletes should make less money so people that need it more can feed themselves and their children.Secondly, it's just a sport if they want to play for people they dont need to be paid they can find another job that actually has meaning.Lastly, athletes are paid too much. Michael Jordan made 36 million dollars a year. Most of our parents don't even make 100,000 a year if they have a good job. That is why athletes are paid too much.

This is what I can not live without. I can not live without my friends. They meen everything to me. They make me laugh and cry and a whole lot of other stuff. Scrooge can't make it without money because it's all he ever thinks about. That is what I can't live without.

Mystery setting are usually on trains or creepy houses. The setting is usually a place were a crime has been comitted but not always. It can be the evil layer of a mastermine to an old lady's house. Either way theres always something exciting going on at a mystery setting.

This is how fear affects you. Fear is a powerfull thing it can make you be crazy. Fear can dissrupt your rational thought. When i see a spider i scream and sometimes through things. I'm so scared that i don't think straight and act totally nuts. Fear can also make you parranoid. You could be scared of something that may not even be there but you think it is. It could also not even want to hurt you but you think it is. That is how fear affects us.

Article posted September 13, 2004 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

This is why I would hire me. First I am hardworking and can get the work done. next because I can type. and lastly because I love the work. that is why I would hire me.

I love the story "Rikki-tikki-tavi" that I read in language arts.This is the short story I liked and why. First I liked because rikki is cool. I think its cool that he can kill snakes. Next because of the snakes. They make the perfect bad guy. Finally because Rikki pretects the humans like a guard dog. It gives the book alot of action. That is the short I would pick and why.