teacher: Lisa Thomassen

What Should The Government Pay For?
In the past,the U.S. government has spent most of their money on weapons for war, entitlements, and politicians' salaries.

What should the government spend money on?To start, the government should pay for education.The government is now paying 1% of their money on education. They should at least pay 20% on education. In order to get a good job you need a good education, right?

In addition, they should definately spend at least 20% on poverty and needy people. There are about 925 million people in need and yet the government doesnt really do anything about it!Just think about how many people that go home to no dinner at all or no home or shelter.

Finally,they should spend more money on our country's dept. We are in over 1 trillion dollars in dept.We won't be able to do much for other people if we don't get our dept paid off.

As you can see, the government is spending money on the less important things. They really should look toward the more important things.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 02:38 PM • comment (2) • Reads 32 • see all articles