teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Do you think before you act?

No, i don't think before i act. One reason i say this is because when Zeus told me not to use the torch and give it to the people, i used the torch and gave it to the other people who were willing to use it. At first, I didn't think he was serious, so i used it anyway. But the, when birds were eating my liver, I wasn't so sure that i thought about what Zeus had told me before I acted. So to me, I do not think before I act.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 08:38 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

In the past,the U.S. government has spent most of their money on weapons for war, entitlements, and politicians' salaries.

What should the government spend money on?To start, the government should pay for education.The government is now paying 1% of their money on education. They should at least pay 20% on education. In order to get a good job you need a good education, right?

In addition, they should definately spend at least 20% on poverty and needy people. There are about 925 million people in need and yet the government doesnt really do anything about it!Just think about how many people that go home to no dinner at all or no home or shelter.

Finally,they should spend more money on our country's dept. We are in over 1 trillion dollars in dept.We won't be able to do much for other people if we don't get our dept paid off.

As you can see, the government is spending money on the less important things. They really should look toward the more important things.

Yes, a famous athlete does get paid too much. I say this because all they do is play either football or basketball, or many other sports. Any person who is on a sports team play a game, and yet they don't even get paid at all.They are mostly just passionate about what they do and I think athletes should feel that way too. Also, there are many other people who work really hard yet they dont get that much money. For athletes, however,they just play a game. Lastly,some athletes are just sitting on the bench the whole season and they still get paid.I wouldn't mind doing that for thousands of dollars! I think athletes should get paid like every other normal person. Don't you?

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 09:47 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 33

Most people say that they would hire them because they are them. But,I think I would hire me as and employee, for several other reasons.

To start, I am a very responsible student. You give me an assignment,I will most likely have it in on time. I usually am also really organized in my work. I say this because i hardly ever loose my papers that anybody gives me. Another thing is that I am very hard working.Sometimes work is really hard and you just feel like quitting. Yes, every once and a while i would like a break, but most of the time,I work hard to try to get the assignment finished.Lastly, I am reliable. What I mean by this is that sometimes, when nobody has a piece of paper or a pencil, im usually the one who has all of that.

These are the reasons why I would hire me, not just because it's me.