teacher: Lisa Thomassen

If Prometheus had thought about the conquences of giving humans fire before he gave humans fire things would have turned out differently. Yes, maybe he had a point because the humans did thrive becasue of the fire, but Zues also had a point becasue the humans could have over thrown the mountain and killed everyone with the fire. Sometimes we don't think before we act which can lead to bad consequences. If everyone thought before we acted then we would be able to avoid most problems in life.

In the past the U.S. goverment has spent most of their money on weapons for war, entitlements, and politicans' salaries and power.

What should the goverment spend money on? To start, the goverment should spend more on education. The goverment is now spending 1% of their money on education. They should spend at least 20% on education. In orfer to get a good job you need a good education, right?

In addition, They should defininly spend at least 20% on poverty and needy people. There are lots of people who go home to a tiny dinner and a dirty house.

Finally, they should spend more money on our contry's debt. We are in over 1 trillion dollars in debt. We won't be able to do much more for other people if we don't get our debt payed off.

As you can see, the goverment is spending money on the less important things. They really should look toward the more important things.

The average person in the United States makes around $40,000 a year while professional athletes make around $2,000,000 a year depending on their rank and sport.

Are professional athletes paid to much? Yes,and here are a few reasons why. To start the President of the United States get paid less then professional athletes even when they have a much tougher job of running the country instead of playing a game.

In addition, all professional athletes are arrogant and are full of themselves. If they lose a game or make a mistake they start complaining and blaming it on the opposing team.

They really don't have the right to complain because they are getting payed millions for doing something they love.

Lastly, some players get paid millions for bench-warming the whole season. For example in football, a 3rd string quarterback might not play the whole season but they still get paid.

As you can see, profressional athletes are paid WAY tio muc for playing a fun game.

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 32

What qualites do you want to see in people?

I like to see good and fun qualities in my friends. I chose my friends by looking into their qualities.

First, I like to see kindness. If the person doesn't care for you and shows you no kindness, then why be their friend. I mean... who would want to be friends with an unkind person?

Second, I like to see true friendship. It's not really a qualitie, but I like to see it in people. If they won't talk to you at the lunch table becasue their busy with another person all the time, then their sort of saying "I don't have time for you... I only have time for one friend."

Lastly I like to see the calm additude of a good friend. If you accidently spill a little bit of milk on their book, and they freak out, it makes you upset. Sometimes you don't always understand why the person is freaking out over nothing. Sometimes you just know its what they do.

My close friends all have these good and fun qualities which makes it fun to be around them. I chose my friends carefully... I don't want to be hurt by friends that arn't kind, leave me out, or freak out over nothing.

I would not be able to live without my Mom. I ahd to live without her for 3 months. She was working here in Colorado and Dad and My siblings and I were finishing of school. It was horribe. I mom does everything... cooking, laundry , cleaning , and tons more!!!

I think that a good ending for a mystery would be awesome if the ending was so unexpected that it made the reader jump of his seat becasue they didnt even think about that happening. It should be scary but not to scary like the hound ending.

Fear effects me in many ways. I am terrifed of spiders. one i was in my room and a spider started crawling across the floor. I screamed and ran to get my dad. My dad came to look at it and said it was the tiniest spider in the world. He told me to pick it up in a contanior and place it outside. I immediatly said NO!!! My dad ended up taking it outside.

My favorite story in the short story unit was "Charles" because he is just a little kid in Kindergarten. he sort of tells his parents what he is doing but uses a different name so his parents think its another kid in his class. he also.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 09:45 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

If I owned a business of any kind I would do a partner business. I would ask one of my friends if they wanted to make some extra cash and start a business. When I found a partner I would set up the website and the prices. In this case I would start a business where we would host birthday partys. When we had hosted a couple of partys and made enough money to buy a human hamster ball, we would go to events like the ballon glow in Memorial Park and charge a few bucks for a ride. When we had made more money, we would buy other bouncy houses.I would become a millionare and live happily ever after.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

I think school is cool! first of all school is were you learn cool things. For example, last week in science my teacher told us about lung fish which flap across the land to get to stream to stream. In addition you get to hang out with friends. during passing period i can make plans for lunch and just chat. Finally i get to have a locker. Lockers are cool because then u dont have to lug around all of your books in your backpack which would be heavyer then you!!!! In conclusion i guess you could say i like school and if you don't like school i suggest you start to because you have a long ways to go!