In one of the myths we read in language arts class, Prometheus decided to give people fire. Do you think that this was a good decision or a bad decision? Honestly i do not think Prometheus was listening to Zues when he told him not to introduce the human race to fire. If there was a second story I think that he would listen more closely to Zues.

What do you personally think that the top three priorities for the federal government should be in the next year? I personally think that school should definitely be in the top three. Also, medicare and social security should also be in the top three. I think this becasue school education is what gets you far in the big world when you grow up and without funds, then peple can't work. When people can't work, then places shut down. If schools shuit down then we would all be living on the street because we would not have a good job. I think that medicare should be in the top three because pepople need medical help. I think social security should be in the top three because we need security.

Do you think that major athletes get paid too much, or are what they are paid worth the organization? I personally think that athletes get way over paid. The money that athletes get could go to teachers or doctors. Also, all the athletes do is play a game. While teachers teach you how to write, major league athletes teach young children that if you don't do something useful in life you can be a major league athlete. Also, they encourage kids to drop out of school. This is why I think that major league athletes get paid too much.

Article posted February 13, 2012 at 08:19 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

Everyone has a hole in their sidewalk. The hole in my sidewalk is definately not turning my homework in when it is due (this blog being one of the many examples). I rarely turn in my homework. When I do turn in my homework, I rarely turn it in and then it ends up being late. I can fix this by doing my homework and turning it in.

Don't hate me,

because I am white.

Don't hate me,

because of my skin color.

Hate me,

for my actions.

But don't hate me,

for the way I look.

Judge for me for my disposition,

not for my complexion.

Our society,

is filled with lots inequality.

Be sure it's about personality,

instead of inequality.

Don't be the one to practice

segregation and discrimination.

Be the one to practice

a celebration of life.

All men are created equal

That was true for all people

http://www.cyberlearning-world.com/nhhs/project/kingpoem.htm

I think this poem relates to the song "Don't laugh at me" this song is about a child who is different than everyone else and gets made fun of and he doesn't want to get made fun of. This poem relates to the world because if the world was like this poem says, it would be a lot better. This poem relates to me because by doing this, I could try and convince other people to do this and one at a time we could change the world.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

What is something that you love and couldn't live wihtout? Something I couldn't live without would be going to karate. If I couldn't go to karate I would probably go insane. This helps me not get angry and it is also a good, nice way to get exercise. When I started, I could tell that my attitude to about everything improved a whole ton. I became happier and a lot less irritated. Karate is also always helping me do my best at everything I do. Karate has helped me a lot from when I started to now and will probably always help me.

Article posted November 25, 2011 at 12:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

The setting is alwasy important no matter what genre a book is in. But the setting is especially important in a mystery. I personally think that the perfect setting for a mystery is in a creepy old house that is surrounded by a swamp. This setting can hold the readers attention because there are a lot of different things that are suspicious about this. Even though there a lot of different settings that a mystery could have I think this is the perfect setting.

Fear affects everyone differently. Every person has their own way of expressing that feeling of fear. Personally, when I get scared I go into fight or flight mode most of the time. Like if I am afraid at karate when I am sparring (which is stand up fighting)a higher belt than myself it makes me fight harder. Fear also makes me become more stubborn than I already am. Even though this might not be the best thing in some situations, it is very good for me when I am in a situation where I really want to prove something to people. Fear can either be a good thing and sometimes it can be a bad thing. it all depends on how you handle your fear. Whether you deal with your fear well or not, there is nothing you can do about how fear affects you.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 04:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

In language arts class we have been reading short stories. Of these stories "Charles" was my favorie. This story was my favorite for a few reasons. One reason was that Laurie was such a naughty child. For example, when he comes home he slams the door and screams "is anybody home?!" and all his mother does is correct his grammar. Another reason that i loved this story is because Laurie's parents don't suspect anything when he tells them that "Charles" is such a bad child. When he comes home he twlls them that he stayed late because "Charles" stayed and the whole class stayed to watch him and they do not suspect anything!!!! I think the best part of this story is when the mom finally finds out that there is no "charles and that it is actually her child that is making all this trouble.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 04:26 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 34

If you were a manager at a store would you hire yourself? If I were the manager I would not hire myself for a few reasons. One reason that I wouldn't hire myself is because I am not a very organized worker. For example, when I am doing my homework I always take breaks when I am bored or when I am tired of working. Another reason that I would not be a very good employee is because I am not very responsible (yet).I would be a terrible employee! Also, I would be a bad employee because I am not very focused about working. At home when I am doing class work that I missed I always get distracted. L:ike when my eight-yearold sister comes home I stop imediately and ask her what she did at school and ask her millions of questions because it bothers her very badly and I like to see her bothered. These are just a few of the reasons why I would not hire myself as an employee.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:06 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

School isn't the best thing but it's alright for a few reasons. First of all school is OK because I'm not sitting at home being bored to death. At home a lot of the time I get bored but when I'm at school I always have something to do even if it is boring a lot of the time (like taking notes). Also, I don't have to put up with my little sister! When I am at home, my sister is always bothering me with questions like "Do you want to play with me?" and at school i have seven straight hours away from her. Last, but most definetley not least, i like most of the electives. If I had never come to school I would have never gotten into band, therefore never getting into the Colorado Springs Youth Symphony. Also, I would have never discoved that I love art and drama! Even though school can be boring, I am gflad we go otherise I would be even more bored at home doing nothing.