teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 03:28 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

For 2013 current president Barack Obama's budget is $2.3 trillion dollars. If I was the president, here are some thing that the money would be spent on.  Speaking as a student I would give more money to the school systems. Our younger gneration is going to be our rulers one day it would be better if they knew more and had the materilas to do this. Another amount of the money would go to the roads of America. OVer 60% of America's roads and bridges are not sutable for the amount of traffic that goes over them if we fix it now we wont have to spend major money to fix them later after the either fall or decay. My last amount of money would go to schools music programs. Lots of American scientist have found out that kids that take a music class have a higher grade point avarge than ones who dont. These are the 3 things that I think America could spend next years budget on.

Tim Tebow in one year of playing professinal football he makes $11.25 million dollars. The average professional football makes $70,000 just for playing football. Here are some reasons that i think professional football players are over payed. One reason that they should not be paid so much is that kids look at sports as the easy way out. In hight school some kids choose not to study because they think that they are going to be drafted into the NFL but after they relise that getting into the NFL is hard they have nothing to fall back on after they are out of High School. Another reason is that even a field worker makes mot than the avarage working man. A field worker how comes in makes ten times more money than the avarge working man. The final reason that professional athletes are paid is that their pay check have gone unchecked for to long. Athelets are one of the wealthest people on this world, some of the players make more than the president which is way to muck just for playing a game of football or basketball, Etc. These are some reasons that professional athletes are paid way to much.

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 04:38 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

In the book "The Hobbit" by J.R. Tolken his fans thought that he wrote the book based on World War 1 which he was  hurt in and was sent back home. I think the author's view of nationalish is that he is mad at the other contries for staring a war with America. I think that the author's is trying to suggest that war is a bad thing for all nations and that war does crazy thing to people.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

In Language Arts class we have been reading about how to regard somebody in a particular way. There are lots of qualities that I use to advise me on how I choose my friends and here are some particular ones that I prefer. Most important they are not disordered or un-trusted. When a person that causes grief to the teacher is going to do the same to you if you try to trust them with a secret they will probably share it with there other friends. Another one is they are beneficial people. If you have a friend that you are changing your self to be liked by the m they are not benefiting you. Go out and find a friend that will be there when ever you need them. Last but not least your friends should love to have a good time. Your amigos shouldn’t be serious about every little they should be low key and a good person to just chill with. These are some qualities that a good pal should have.

Article posted January 27, 2012 at 02:12 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

A song that comes to mind about changing is "Set Fire To The Rain" by Adele.This song  speaks about doing the impossible with the chorus: setting fire to the rain. The chorus of this song applies to my self, other songs, and the world. "Set Fire To The Rain" applies to my self because I am trying to feel comfortable in my own skin just like Adele. The world is just one giant critic, if you look too fat or you dont have the latest clothes you are declared weird or diffrent so do the impossible and stay just the way you are and feel comfortable in your own skin just like me. Another song that speaks the same message as "Set Fire To The Rain" is "KIss Him Goodbye" by The Nylons. Both songs talk about  changing what you heart wants or changing anothers heart for love. The world is just like "Set Fire To The Rain" the goverment is trying to do the possible by not judging each other and make the United States a better place and our celebrities are changing them selves to make everybody else like them but they should do the impossible and stay the same and learn to be comfortable in there own skin just like I am. The challange for us all is to see and belive that all change is possible if steps are taken one step at a time. 

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 03:55 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

IF you were to ask me what I couldn't live with out i would say have my family, and here are some reasons why. First, they make good times better. When you are celebrating Christmas it is always better to shari it with some one because later on you can laugh about it and that just makes it mare memorable. Second, your family defines you.If you didn't have your family you wouldn't know your culture or your traditions have your family really defines helps you difine your self as a person and your life. Third, you rely on your family. When you were a kid you need your family to give you food,love, and shelter. When you are in a car accident you rely on your family to come help you with out your family you are nothing. That is why i think i could not live with out my family.

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

I think that the bestplace for a mystery would be a dark ally and here's why. First,there would be no place to hide. When your run away from a guy who is following you and you turn down the ally you see the bick wall as you try to back away there he is. Second,when the its dark out side you cant see. When you are in the dark and you dont no were you are you start to panick and freak out. Also you dont no were you. Third,you here your followers foot steps. When you are at the end of the ally you here,"click,click,click" and you know that they know were you are. In conclusion that is why I think a alley wood be a great place for a mystery.

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 01:57 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

As a wise man once said,"we have nothing to fear excepte fear it's self." Fear is a good thing two have and here is why. First, it can protect us. When you get scared your body is ready to fight your way out of danger. so when a murder is about to kill you fear will will let you run as fast as you can to get away.Also fear sends you warnings. When you are about to go into a house that is screaming danger fear sends you little flares saying,"Don't go in there." Finally fear can help you make decisions. Some examples of this are: When you are going to break the law fear will tell you am I not going to do this because i am afraid or am i doing this because i want to get in trouble. That is why fear is a good thing to have with you because it can protect you, send you warnings and, help make decisions. that is why I think fear is good what about you?

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 03:54 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

In Launge Arts we read a story called" The War of the Wall". This was my favorite story and here is some reasons why. First,the story has a good message. The message in the story is," don't judge people". I thought this message applied to life. my second reason was that the story tells us not to be predujidce. When the kids first meet the painter lady they see that she is from New York and at the end they find out she was the cousin of the guy that died in Vietnom. Third,the painting had a good message. The wall when it was finished showed pictures of Martin Luther King Jr. and other people that wanted black's to be free. That is why "The War of the Wall" is my favorite story.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 04:25 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 33

If I were to look back on this first quater I would say that I did a very good job and if I were a boss I would hire my self. One of the things I am so very proud of is that I have learned how to study for test. When a big spelling test was coming up i had no idea how to study but then I did flash cards and got an A on the test. The second thing is that i have gone very far in Band. This year i have been able to switch to the Bass clarinet because Mr.Siloway and Ms.Shank said that I had been practicing very hard and asked me to have a bigger role in band. The final thing i am happy about I that I made the football team. Over the last few weeks I have been going to practice and yesterday we had are first game. That is why I would hire my self.