teacher: Lisa Thomassen

I think a very interesting and fun topic to listen/write a speech about would be "What do you want to be when you grow up?And why should some people consider this better than other jobs?" I think this would be a very good topic to write about because it would give us kids lots of choices to write about. Also, i think this topic would be more interesting to listen to because there would be so many options and different speeches coming in that you would actually WANT to here the next perso whereas iff ou had a topic such as "Should electronics be allowed" You would get the same answer "Yes, i believe that electronics should be allowed because...." And so on.

I think our government needs to focus on getting more factories producing more everyday items so we don't have to rely on foreign countries as much and help our economy. Our country owes lots of money to foreign countrys and thats one of the reasons our economy IS so bad. Right now our government is focusing more on finding ways to make our economy better but there only making it worse! They are buying more and more goods from foreign countrys and raising the price that our country owes to other countrys. All they need to do is focus on producing more factories that make everyday items and we will all be fine! 

Professional athletes get paid WAY too much for just playing a game.

For example, a pro athlete gets payed 10X what the average man or woman makes! Thats Crazy! Another example is that even though people may enjoy watching athletes play this sport, and the athletes might seem very nice, most athletes are just full of them selves and think that if they are going to a pro popular team they need to be payed MILLIONS where even one of the best paying jobs for the average man may only pay 1/15th of that. One other thing is that if a player (such as Tim Tebow) Was to switch for one team (Such as the Broncos) to another team (Such as the Jets) he therefor would need to be payed 90 million dollars!!! In conclusion, pro athletes are paid too much for just playing games.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 11:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

Some Things I Find Good Characteristics In People Are Being Nice,Friendly to all people, And Smart.

I Find these good characteristics in people because First, Being Nice Can always be a good characteristic by people giving you a helping hand and just saying you look great today or good job because that can always make you feel good. Next, is Friendly to all people. This is a very important characteristic when it comes to me choosing my friends because you don't just want them being nice to you but also to all your friends. Last, Is Smart. I love friends who are smart and most of mine are. Having a smart friende can be fun because they know what your talking about and will stand up for you more than other kids wil somrtimes iit seems to me.

Those are my Favorite Caracteristics.

Happy Valentines Day!

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

The one thing i think i couldn't live without would be my fur blanket.:) I dont think i could live without it because first its the best,coziest blanket in the history of blankets. Next, Would be because i love soft things if there were no soft things i think i would die! And last but definitly not least Is that it goes with me so if in the morning its cold I can bring it out tho the car with me, If i'm watchin a movie I can make a bed with it. Or i can sit with it when i'm on the computer doing a blog for Mrs. Thomassen's class with me.:) I know its funny but i love my fur blanket! (I'm sitting with it right now!)

Merry Christmas!

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

In a story the setting is very important. To me a good setting for a mystery story would be a crime scene in a house. I think this is a good setting for a mysterious book or story because i love reading books where there are crime scenes or horror but most of all is that it would grab the readers attention and set up a good story and the detective or someone else would be able to go around town nd find the suspect.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

I think fer effects us all in different ways. But most commonly I think it gives us all a rush of adrenalin and causes us all to panic in different ways, but most people either fight or flight. To flight is to run, hide, or just plain stop and freeze. To fight is to fight. Thats all there is to it. So I think fear effects us all diferently but that is the most common.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 04:26 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

If I were sitting at my desk and a new person walked in (Me) I would probably hire myself for three reasons. First, would be that I'm trustworthy. Lots of people tell me that one of my great qualities is that I'm trustworthy which can help. Second, is that I'm loyal. Being loyal will really help to maybe have a better relationship with the other employees or my boss.

Third, Would be that i'm reliable. Being reliable is alot of help because usually boss's like reliable people better.