Professional athletes are paid too much for the games they play.

Professional athletes are overpaid for their profession because they only perform for the entertainment of the fans.

First, athletes only play for entertainment. Anyone can play a game in front of others, so I don't see why certain athletes get paid so much. I also wonder, what is the point? Sure, you can win a game and get a trophy, but then what? Do you keep going on just to make the money?

Then there is the problem of athletes being too rich. When you have a lot of extra money, you tend to blow it on useless items. If you buy useless items, then you are wasting money. That has to be bad for the economy because athletes are wasting money that could be used by someone who really needs it.

Finally, athletes' attitudes seem to change after getting the money. If you have a lot of money, then you think that you are higher than everyone else. Thinking like this can cause you to be greedy with your money. I am not saying that all athletes are greedy, but that some are.

In conclusion, I believe that professional athletes are paid too much for simply playing games.

After reading, "The Hobbit", I think Tolkien's attitude towards nationalism is very strong. I think that the statement he is trying to get across is that war isn't always the right thing to do, but in desperate times, you have to do what needs to be done.

Article posted February 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

There are a lot of different qualities in a lot of different people, but there are specific qualities that I admire most in a person.

To begin with, I admire caring people. Someone who is selfless, thoughtful, and kind. I think it is important to have a caring person around you because then you are always in a good mood.

Also, funny is a good quality in a person. If you have a funny person in your life then you are always happy and smiling.

Finally, everyone should have someone in their life that is understanding. Someone who is understanding never judges you. They are always by your side when you need a friend. They stick by you through thick and thin.

In conclusion, I admire the qualities caring, funny, and understanding in a person.

Some kings rule their kingdoms sitting down

Surrounded by luxury, soft cushions and fans

But this King stood strong

stood proud

stood tall

When the driver told Rosa

"Move to the back of the bus!"

When the waiter told students

"We don't serve your kind!"

When the Mayor told voters

"Your vote don't count!"

And when the sheriff told marchers

"Get off our streets!"

using fire hoses, police dogs and cattle prods

to move them along

This King stood strong

stood proud

stood tall

Speaking of peace

of love

and children

hand in hand

free at last

free at last

When some yelled for violence

For angry revenge

An eye for an eye

And a tooth for a tooth

He stood his ground

Preaching peace

And when some spit out hate

He stood there smiling

Spreading love

Until it rolled like the sea across the land

Sweeping away Jim Crow

Breaking down the walls

Ringing the bell

Joyfully

For Freedom

Until

Standing on the mountain top

They shot him

Coldly

Hoping to see him fall

Hoping to put him away

To bring him low

But this King

even in death

even today

stands strong

stands proud

stands tall

And we remember

by Jamie McKenzie

Text-to-text: This poem is like the other poems by Martin Luther King Jr.

Text-to-self: I can relate to this poem because I agree with Martin Luther King Jr.

Text-to-world: This poem relates to the world because the world has changed intensely since Martin Luther King Jr.

I think that a perfect mystery setting would be a dark night with thick fog. As you walk, you can feel the silence of your lonesome footsteps. You hear a howl in the distance. The fog begins to set and you cannot see but a foot in front of you. As you increase the speed of your steps, you feel someone, something watching you. The sound of the gravel crunching under you is all you can hear as you walk through the darkness. (Scene)

I think that this makes a perfect mysterious setting right before something bad happens.

A lot of stuff in life matters. Something that I wouldn't be able to live without is my friends and family. It is important to have someone that you can rely on and be loved by. Family is definitely important in life because everyone needs someone to love them. Friends are important because you always need someone who will listen and understand you. This is why I cannot live without family and friends.

What matters most to me is family. If you don't stay in touch with family, you become sad and lonely just like Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol".Family is important because they are the people that love you and love having you around.I think that everyone should stay in touch with family in order to stay happy and loved because family will always be there for you.

I know that fear can affect anyone.It affects each person in a different way. Fear can be as simple as being afrsaid of the dark or as complex as being followed by someone or something. I think that life would be boring without fear becuase it makes us jump and gives us adrenaline, and I think that we need this sometimes. Fear can be a positive or a negative thing, depending on the situation and person.

In Language Arts, we have been reading short stories. Out of all of the stories we have read so far, my favorite one is "Charles".

First, it is a funny story that some may be able to relate to. I find it hilarious when David tells his family all of these bad things that Charles did, when he is really the one doing it. So, in a way, he is confessing to his parents all of his bad doings.

Secondly, I don't see how David kept his little charade up for so long. Clearly, his mom needs to pay more attention.

And finally, When David's mom finally figures out that Charles isn't real, both the mom and the teacher are in awe because of what David was doing this whole time.

In conclusion, "Charles" is a funny short story that i have enjoyed for its humor.

I think that school is a fun way to learn new things and also be able to hang out with your friends.

First of all, Many think that school is boring, but I doubt that they would rather sit at home all day doing nothing! Then they would be bored all the time.

Next, If there wasn't school, you wouldn't meet people, therefore, you wouldn't have any friends.

And finally, if you didn't go to school, then you wouldn't learn anything about the world or life, and you wouldn't be very intelligent.

In conclusion, you shouldn't complain about school because you get to hang out with friends, learn new things, and it gets you out of the house for a majority of the day.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 03:25 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 53

If I were an employer and I had to choose if I would hire myself, I would. I would hire myself because I can push myself to do something that needs to be done, but I may slack from time to time. I believe that I am trustworthy, responsible, and hardworking. Even though I slack sometimes, I usually make up for it by finishing it, because I don't like to start something that I cannot finish. I would probably do my best at whatever the job is, especially if it was my first job. Even if it wasn't my first job, I would still do my best at whatever it was that I was doing. That is why I would hire myself.