teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:29 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 53

The United States government budgets every year for all sorts of different projects, but is it truly working? Since 1969 the congress has spent more money than it has generated. There are many worth spending money on but when the government is growing further and further into debt every year we need to start prioritizing. The first priority the government should have is creating new jobs and working towards an all around better economy. These two objectives go hand in hand because with every new job made that pumps more and more money into the economy. The better the economy is the better off the nation is as a whole. Next the government should budget for defense and other military operations. There are many problems on this planet that we as a planet are trying to resolve by military actions therefore, we must have the resources to back up this big part of our ever violent world. Third the government should budget for a better education. Education is the best way to create a better society in the future and therefore helping to solve many of the problems in our world today. The minds of children hold the key to a better society in the future, and in every child there is untapped potential which can only be nurtured by an education. All in all with the growing amount of debt the priorities of economy, defense, and education need to have the majority of our money and our focus.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

What is the most important part of society in the United States? The government is taking tax money away and spending it on what, fighting in another country! I think the top three priorities for budget in the United States of America should be education, heathcare, and social security. I would not fund defence first unless there was some sort of attack on the U.S. itself. Education should be our major prioritie because the next generation is who will be leading the country and the world and finding cure for cancer and other medical problems. Heathcare is way too expensive. In Canada heathcare is mostly free where as in the U.S. it cost a lot and is almaost always too expensive for the normal American. Social security should be better because the people who protect us and have been injured doing something for our country are having a hard time paying pills. In the end what do we the tax payers really pay for? Ask yourself and think about what we really should be paying for.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Our government should spend a budget allowance on certain things. The three most important being education, medicare and technology. I think education should come first because we kids need a proper education to solve all of the problems you are going to leave us with. I think medicare should come next to keep our population healthy and to evolve foreward to avoid biological terrorist attacks. Then comes the technology, espacially because this could lea to energy efficiency, and allow us to have excess rescources, and be able to pay off our national debt.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 02:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

The government should be spending their money on education, Medicare, and Social Security. The schools are getting less money there for the students will have to pay more for lunches and field-trips. Secondly, the medical bills are getting extremely high. My family paid over 2 grand for a bruised sternum. Lastly, the social security today stinks. People can easily hack your computer, credit-card, or steal your identity.Those are the things the government should spend their money on.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:19 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

The government is spending all this money on things that we don't really need to have. If you look the oil production and oil use we are the country that uses alot more oil then what we produce. Some countries produce enough for themselves to use and we produce alot less than what we use.

First, our economy isn't all that good. Alot of people are in debt or in foreclosure. Our whole world is falling apart and most of our governmenet won't even pay attention. So many people want this beatiful world to last forever and the way things are going right now, it dosen't seem like we will get that far. With the health care in the U.S and all that bad gunk things aren't looking to good. The government needs to pay attention to these things.

Also, so many families are losing there houses or they are losing money on their house. A house that some bought 10 years ago won't be the same price as now. The prices have dropped in houses and increased on gas. We need to fix this nonsense!

In all, everybody knows that economy needs to improve. Everyone can have their contrbution, if you help out your community or recycle more even though it won't debt it will help by keeping our world the way it is supposed to be.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 03:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I think one of the top three priorities the government should invest money into is our education because, if we have a good education program the people the US raise are going to be smart and maybe find ways to solve problems we have today, for instance wars, or global warming. The second priority would be to spend more money on our nations recources, I know that we are short on money right now but if we can get a decent amount of resources and a wide variety of them I beleive even as the other nations deplete there recourses, like water, we will have enough to carry us through upcoming events mother nature throws at us. My last but not leased priority I think the government should invest more into is medicine. With diseases changing to out do our medicines we need to be ready for, like i said the upcoming events mother nature throws at us. Those are my thoughts on to government spending.

Lately, our government has been a bunch of poop. They just keep on spending more and more and more money until we end up having to owe every country on the globe. The government needs to set their priorities straight. One thing the government should really prioritze is the education of the younger generation. If we are educated, then we can get a job and live a decent life. Yet, kids are dropping out of high school or they don't graduate with a degree. The government needs to do something to bring the percentage of highschool dropouts and kids without a college degree down. Second, the government should also focus on healthcare. People can't pay their medical bills or even their perscriptions! Why? Because healthcare is too expernsive for the average Americain. They need to lower the price or even make healthcare free, like it is in Canada. Finally, the government also needs to focus on creating more jobs. Lately, more and more people have been losing jobs due to the falling economy. If the government can create more jobs, people can get back and track and help to support their families with the pay they will receive. In conclusion, the government had better get started before it's really too late.

Currently, the United States government has money troubles. There are certain things that this money should be spent on. One thing is debt. The United States owes money to other countries, and it should be paid back. Instead, they are taking more. If the government keeps this up, other countries will refuse to lend them money. Also, the government could use the money to help the economy. They could create more jobs. They could also help those who can't find jobs. This way, the economy is okay and money is still in circulation. Finally, the U.S. government could use their money to help charity. It impacts the whole country. More people would be in houses, which would give more jobs as construction workers and such. With more construction workers, more buildings would be built, and some of them would be restaurants and the like. These would give other people more jobs. Homeless people could get these jobs and eventually get homes. This would be better for the U.S. as a whole with just a little help from the government. Clearly, there are some important things for the U.S. to spend their money on.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 11:53 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

I think the government should have several budget priorities. I think they should have social security as their #1 priority though. If you get you social security stolen, then you have no money to afford school or anything for that matter. I think #2 should be healthcare. Health is SO important, and if you aren't healthy, then you won't be able to go to school or do much at all. Lastly, I think #3 should be education. Without education, the U.S would be run by a bunch of unsophisticated illiterates, and there wouldn't be anyone to do the really important jobs.

Article posted April 11, 2012 at 04:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think the top three priorities for the federal government to fund in the next fiscal year, is definantley education,new U.S jobs, and Defense? If we dont fund education and even kids like me dont get the proper education then when are generations grows up we will not be smart enough to make good desicions for ourselves and for the country. U.S jobs is also very important if we do not spend money to create jobs that are actually in the U.S, then more families will be in poverty. And of course defense if we do not spend our own money in defense then chaos would quickly spread throughout the Nation. No matter what the U.S decides to fund this year I hope they will be good desiccions that will benifeit the American people.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:09 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

we should use the money to rebuild companies and stop buying oil from other countries and use the oil we have already and drill in alaska, but thats just my opinion

Here in this paragraph I'll talk about what I think the goverment should be spending their money on.First, I think that the goverment should be spending more money on education. This is so because it would better us all if we got better education so that we can have more people in advanced jobs.Second, I think that they should also spend their money on more advanced research that way we can be more advanced than all countries.Last but not least, we need to continue spending money on our military just in case something bad were to happen.So that is what I think the goverment should be spending their money on.

This is a question I think that we all at some piont will get to. How should the united states government spend their money. I don't think the government should spend their money on anything except imports exports and military. Other than that why should we spend money on anything else. I'll tell you why, because they can. That's why. We are already fifteen trillion dollars in debt. How much more do we need to spend before we start wars with countries? It's a question that almost everyone has asked themselves in the last four years. We have spent way too much money on welfare and so many other programs that we've gone bankrupt beyond our comprehension. Yet they still take money from us every year in taxes. How much more do they want and truly need? when is the spending crisis going to end?

Throughout the years, the U.S. government has used budget spending for a variety of things. Since 1969, the Congress has spent even more money than it's made. Instead of doing this, they should just focus on several more important priorities also to not spend as much. There are three especially important priorties that they should focus more on. First of all, the government should use budget spending to create more jobs for improving the economy. If they created more projects to work on, not only will places have more convenience, but there will be a lot more jobs to contribute into the project. Secondly, the government should focus on education. Education is very important because it prepares us for and to be the future of America. With better facilities, children can learn better to later serve the nation. Finally, another priority is to focus on defense. With a better navy or army, we can have better chances of winning over in wars. This serves our country and affects our future a lot in also keeping us safe. Overall, the government uses budget spending for many things but should focus more closely on some bigger priorities.

What should the goverment spend our money on? I believe that the payments we make every month should go back to our community. It needs to go to our community servants, repairs to our roads and buildings, and local school districts. Our money needs to go to the people that save the local's lives. That's why the community servants. School districts and their teachers should all be equalized so that all schools have high quality teachers and materials. The money should also go to fixing our local roads so driving is safe. These things are what the government should spend money on the most.

the goverment should spen their money on to fix moutian ridge. like redo all the carpets and the rooms. they should fix up the bathroom. cause its not the cleaniest and it smells weird. they should just redo it all. the school would be a loy nicer. it is all ready very nice but if they re did it, it would be better!!

What do you think the government should spend our money on?  I think that the government should spend our money on the military.  I think think this because they protect us and protect our freedom.  This is why the military comes first.

The first three things I would pay for the U.S.A is tax returns,  Debt, Military. First I would give each citizen of the U.S.A 1,000,000 dollars for their tax returns. Next I would pay off the debt of people who are paying too much taxes. Such as bills like water, electricity, morgage payments. Lastly I would pay the military much more money that professional athletes because they fight and die for our country. These are my three reasons of what I would pay for if I was president.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 01:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I think that one of the things that the government should use money for is making companies to create more job openings.

The second thing to use is to fix the streets because the are ripping apart making people have to pay more money to get there car fixed. The last thing they need to use money for is to lower hospital prices because thousands of people are dying every day because the arn getting the teatment they need.

My promt was to give my opinion on US budget and what the government should use the money for. I honestly dont think that famous people or even army peoples earn more money then normal citizens because if we normal citizens get the same amount of money as athletes and famouse peoples and also soldjers then we would be billionairs. If i had the choice on what the US government should use all the money on it would be for homeless and orphin people, because they need more money then the Rich Folks need. Upper class people have a huge house and usually a few cars and they dont have the kindness in their heart to even try to help with the comunity and if they do they just do it for attention... That is what bothers me about upper class people is that they get pretty much whatever they want. Well now you know my opinion on the US budget and how it should work. (:

the=y need to spend the money on these things

1.Me

2. Me

3.ME!!!!

Dear Reader,

I think that we could budgit money a little better because we buy things we whant not what we need. For exsample I own alot of what i whant but i still have what I need clothes, house, and a room. But i also have things i dont need I pad, D S, I touch, ect.. But I still think evrey one can save money if they tryed.

Skylar

Schaefer

i think that important people should  get payed the amount they do. Mkauuuy

Our country is going through a huge crisis financially and we need help form the government.I think that the government needs to pay to help doctors who work very hard every day.I think they also need to fund the teachers who teach young people to be tomorrows leaders, they get payed very little to do what they do and it is ridiculous!The government also needs to fund small businesses who are closing down and they could be these peoples last hope with their small business and it just closes I find that terrible! These are the things that I think the government needs to spend more money on.

The three priorities that should the top three would be education as one of them. Education because at least every kid, black or white, should be able to learn, get a good education, and have a great future. A future because, you know about kids in Africa. Finally, donations because, donations would help bring everyone a good life and to have a Merry Christmas

There are three things in my opinion that I think the government should Fund. I will talk about the homeless, military, and the nation's debt. First of all, the homeless are becoming a majority of our society. If we don't take action now, the streets could become a catastrophe. Without funds we can't fix this problem. Secondly, the military is a problem. Without the military we won't even have a choice of what we want to do with our money. It will belong to some other country with a better military. So without a military, we have nothing, so that defiantly comes first. Last, our nation's debt. It has become so large, pretty soon we will belong to China. If we don't pay it off soon, this could become a huge problem. So what we do with our money is very important and I think that we should spend it wisely.

Our U.S. government has many programs to fund. Many of these are very imporant to the people of the country and to the country itself. The top three most important of such programs are 1) education, 2) defense, and 3) social security. I think education should be the top priority because children are the next generation, and the world needs knowledgable people to keep the world turning. Defense should be second because it is very important to keep this country and all of her amazing belifs, freedom, and laws. Social security should be a priority because people pay a little of their pay check, each time they get one, to social security. All of the programs supported by the government are very important, but these are the most important.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 02:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

I think that the order should be like this: 1.Eductaion 2:Healthcare 3:Stoping Bad peoople

Education is important becuse they need to teach the next generation good things. not giving us a crappy education!!! 2, health is important people die beacuse they dont have enough money to go to the doctors. 3, People like kony or other people need to be stoped

I think the us money priorities should be on like money i guess. the econmy is like not doing so well with money. a lot of people are unemployed. in my other blog about what matters the most i talked about money and i couldn,t buy a............cool car

If I had to choose three priorities that are very importan I would have to pick education, safety,and health. I would pick education because if you have education you learn how to do things. Like in order to make medicine. If you have safety it will pervent bad things to happen. like shootings or break ins. That is why they would be the top priorities.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 08:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

The top three priorities for the federal government to fund in the next fiscal year should be defense, Social Security, and debt. Defense is crucial becasue without it we might not live to fund other issues. Social Securtiy is also a priority because if citizens' money and identity are always being stolen they will be furious and the government and insurance companies will have to pay them. Debt is maybe the most imporatant. If our country goes bankrupt then the economy, the government, trade, and everything else that our lives are based on wil crumble to the ground. OUr lives will be miserable compared to the plush lives we are used to. Those are the three priorities that should require the governments funding.