Article posted February 2, 2012 at 04:29 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 139

In Language arts we recently read a poem called "the Victor". I do agree with the message of this poem that our thoughts are a big part of our success in what ever we do. First of all this poem shows that hope encourages effort. If you do not have the power in you to hope then you will not want to even try. This thought is truly shown in line 7 of this poem. without hope it is extremely hard to have the courage to start. Secondly, it takes confidence to persevere. this is exemplified in line 11 of this poem. confidence gives you the hope to keep you going. If you honestly think that you will fail then it's better to just give up. lastly skill isn't everything. This is shown in the last stanza of the poem. Skill comes from work. work comes form the hope to win at anything and everything you do. Overall this poem shows That in many ways mind triumphs over matter.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 03:34 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 46

In LA we read a poem called "Holes in Your Sidewalk".  It means what you keep doing that is pulling you down in life.  The hole in my sidewalk is arguing with my brother.  I fall in because he always gets what he wants no matter what!  Also he never shares anything.  He hogs the TV all day long so I never get to watch anything unless my parents kick him off the TV.  I do realize that I sometimes I do that and that I should be nice. In conclusion I think we should both be nicer to eachother and get rid of both of the holes in our sidewalks.

Article posted February 15, 2012 at 03:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

Most thoughts are shallow. Yet a few thoughts, a few priveledged thoughts are deeper than the seas. One such tought is, what is our purpose in this world? Some might say that we are meant to be the defenders of this land. Another thought is how big is the universe? most scientists will answer, bigger than we can measure. However, they don't all have to be questions. We can also think about doing things, such as pushing foreward clean energy, and multiple other things. Tough most thoughts are shallow, those privellaged few are forever deep

Recently in LA we read a poem called holes in the sidewalk. this poem was about how we star doing things that are bad and create a pattern of doing so. A "hole in my sidewalk" would be when I was in third grade and did not do homework. at the begining of this poem the man does not see the hole and falls in. That can relate to my experince because the first time i didn't do my homework i wasn't aware of the consquences. the next line the man falls in the hole but pretends he dosn't see it and falls in. I pretended that i wouldn't get in trouble if i just missed one assignment .the final line the man does not fall in the hole instead he takes a diffrent street all together. I decided that 10 minutes of home work was better than being in trouble.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

In Language Arts, we read a poem called "There's A Hole In My Sidewalk." We have to find out what some of the holes in our sidewalk would be. For me, I have three small holes. My first hole would be my anger. ( Trust me. You have NOT seen me angry. Yet. ) I have a short, quick temper that usually gets me in a lot of trouble, especially with my parents. My second hole would be my laziness. I'm definitely not sporty, and I always demand things from other people, when I don't feel like getting it myself, and that usually portrays me as rude. ( If there was an award for laziness, I would be in first place. ) My third and final hole would be my stubbornness. I usually make quick, rash decisions that I usually end up regretting making in the end. In conclusion, from now on, I will try to avoid these holes in my sidewalk.

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 03:25 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 63

Lately, I have noticed many different qualities among people. There are certain qualities that I find admirable. One great quality is kindness. Kind people care for others when they need to. They make others feel better and the world a better place. Another terrific quality is determination. If everyone gave up, nobody would have invented anything. If everybody tried to walk and fell, then never tried again, people would still be crawling around everywhere. People who mope about saying "I can't do it" can be annoying. The best quality of all is honesty. Without it, nobody would have any facts and even our history books would be full of lies. You can't trust anybody without honesty and would wonder if they were truthful. It's clear that kindness, determination, and, especially, honesty are the most admirable qualities for a person to have.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 36

I very much agree with the poem "The Victor". There are many things that impact what you do. For example, your state of mind, what you want, and how bad you want it. State Of mind you know your going to win then I think that will give you the power to try harder, therfore you probably will win. Although there is a diffrence between being cocky and knowing you'll win. So don't get those two mixed up. Like most stronger and people are cocky, not all the time but most of the time. So they can be beat. If you whant something bad enough and you try hard aenough to achive your goal without a doubt it will happen. Just like i said you have to want it bad enough whatever it may be. So my suggestion is work hard every day, don't just wish something to happen,take it into your own hands and do it yourself. But always you have to be sure of yourself before you get the prize.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

Recently in language arts, we read a poam called "The Victor" by C.W. Longnecker. It talks about how sucess is obtained by the thought of it. I agree with him. This is so because when you have that type of self motivation to where you can go the extra mile, you can accomplish a lot. That is why I agree with C.W. Longnecker.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 01:33 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

In Language Arts, we recently read a poem called "The Victor". I agree with the author's message that our thoughts influence our success. First of all, hope encourages effort. When you hope to succeed and see your goal, you will try hard to meet and reach it. Also, without the hope and confidence, you can't even start the process to reach your goal. Secondly, perserverence comes with confidence. You will most likely give up if you think you will fail, but with confidence, you keep trying. The strength pushes you and encourages you to keep going. Finally, skill isn't everything. Skill comes from work, and work comes from the hope to win. You can be small but if you have a strong will and heart, you can succeed. There is no strength without the confidence first. As you can see in many ways, mind trimphs over matter.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

In "The Victor" by C.W. Longnecker, the idea that attitude can change everything is told. I agree with the author for several reasons.First, the poem talks about believing you can't do something and so you can't. Once I thought I could never beat a video game so I gave up instead of trying. The second reason I agree, is about believing you can do something and so you can. Like when I thought I could run the whole four miles in PE and I did. THe last reason is I believe even though you may not be the best at something, if you try the hardest you sometimes win. For example, our football team was not the best but when we tried our hardest we were winners. I agree with the poem "THe Victor" that attitude is everyhting.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 03:13 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 39

i have a hole in my sidewalk. and iv had one sence third grade. when my dad moved to florida. me and him were really close. and it hurt a lot when he moved away. i have kept it locked inside of me for a long time. and it makes me not nice to people. this year in 2012 im gonna work on not being so mean..

T: What are the traits you look for in a person?

1:Funny 1: makes jokes

2: plays harmless pranks

2:kind 1: Respects others

2: Is a good influence

3: Friendly 1: Friends with everyone

2: Never picks fights

C: These are some traits I look for in people.

Hello once again audeance when i last left you i was talking to you about the perfict setting for a mystery. Today i will be talking to you about a poem we rercently read called " Holes in my side walk".   What it means is that you need to learn from your mistakes. if you don't learn you will keep getting pulled down. Some holes in my side walk are me and my dad fight alot and i get so upset.  It's not fun to be yelled at for messing up on one question on the math homework when your dad thinks that just because he went to college and got a degree and droped out of highschool just because his teachers called him "stuped". It's not easy. One more hole i have is that I don't turn in my homework all the  time because of my dad. He makes me work untill it has no wrong answers.  I think i should go and leave you with this . So for now I am out.

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 04:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Recently in language arts we have been reading about Martin Luther King and his tremendous qualities.There are alot of great qualities that I would want in a friend.First I would want them to be trustworthy.I would want this so I could tell them anything and trust them with my secrets.Next I would want a very caring friend.I would want a friend like this so they could help me through difficult times and all the challenges life brings me.The last quality I would want in a friend would be a great sense of humor.I would want this amazing quality so my friend could make me laugh and cheer me up when times are tough.All and all these are all great qualities to have in a friend and I believe that theses qualities would make the perfect friend.

In L.A. we read a poem about falling into a poem over and over again. I think that the hole in my side walk would be having an attitude with my parents. I know that it's there and I shouldn't do it but I keep falling in to the hole. So the next time that I see the hole in the side walk, or want to have and attitude, I will choose to go around it. Or maybe I could just take a different side walk and completely avoid it. So the poem about the hole in the sidewalk is very important.

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 03:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

Friendship is really important. People are friends with other people beacause of there qualities. I choose friends that are funny nice and caring. First, I like my friends to be funny. Its fun to laugh and joke around with friends. Next, I like my friends to be nice. I don't want friends that are mean to me. Last, I like friends thats actully somewhat care about me. I want to be able to tell them something and have them care. I really do enjoy having friends that are funny, nice, and caring. So my perfect friend would be some one with all these qualities.

Article posted February 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

There are a lot of different qualities in a lot of different people, but there are specific qualities that I admire most in a person.

To begin with, I admire caring people. Someone who is selfless, thoughtful, and kind. I think it is important to have a caring person around you because then you are always in a good mood.

Also, funny is a good quality in a person. If you have a funny person in your life then you are always happy and smiling.

Finally, everyone should have someone in their life that is understanding. Someone who is understanding never judges you. They are always by your side when you need a friend. They stick by you through thick and thin.

In conclusion, I admire the qualities caring, funny, and understanding in a person.

Every single person on this planet has a hole in their sidewlak (or imperfection in themselves). For example my imperfection is just plain laziness. I can see what needs to be done, but I just don't want to do it. When I first got into this bad habit, I thought "why waste my time on this stuff when I could be having fun." After my mother and I started realizing the problem, I got a bit better. I don't know why I don't do my work, 'cause I'll sit down and start it feeling good about it, but then I just quit. I een understand the material being given, but I just start and never finish. I have a problem that needs to be fixed and I try, but I just can't ever keep convincing myself to finish. Sometimes I can finish because I think of how disappointed my parents always are when they recieve all these messages of "Your daughter is basically missing every assignment except for classwork e-mails." They do punish me. They threaten to make me quit band, forensics, take away my phone, and so on, but it just never gets through that ridiculously thick wall in my head that "Hey! everything I love doing is at stake here!" I mean the teachers give only reasonable amounts of homework, I mean at one point in elementary I got more, but I don't know how I can get motivated to just sit down and do what NEEDS to be done.

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

A lot of people are rude, but if you have these qualites you are probly one of my true friends. First off, you have got to be humourus. You gotta make me laugh when i am down.Second of all, you have to be trustworthy. I have to be able to give you big secrets, knowing you wont tell. Lastly, You have to be loyal! You cant just be nice to me when we are alone, you have to defend me whereever you are. Dont let your "friend" conivce you i did something wrong. Clearly, if you have these qualites you must be an awesome person!

Article posted February 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

In my mind several things make a person you want to hnag out with, but kindness and lyalty are the most important. Kindness is very importat because then they will always stand by you side, and they are very nice. Loyalty is very important to because you can always trust them and they will never be a backstabber. Those are two out of the many personalities I think you need to have.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 02:19 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 39

There are a lot of qualities in a person that I admire. First, kindness is always important. If someone is kind they will help you if you need it. Next, humor is a great quality! A person that is funny can always cheer you up.Last, trustable. Trust is important to have with any person. Those are only a few qualities that make someone admirable.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 12:36 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 36

When it comes down to qualities I look for in new people, there are certain ones I look for. The first, is humor. It is no fun to be joking around with someone and he or she doesn't get the joke. The next, is trust. If I think I can not trust someone it does not make me want to be close to them. The final, is that he or she needs to be understanding. If I have a story to share the understanding person will be able to help me see both sides of the story, while helping me see the correct side, and getting how I feel. Obviously, My process in choosing people is detailed yet understandable.