teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Recently in language arts we read a story about Promethues and Orpheus. The thing i'm going to tell you now is how each character fits the "Do you think before you act?" question. For Promethues, I would say no because he disobeyed Zeus and gave man the gift of fire which he got punished for. Also, Promethues didn't think before he acted because he disobeyed Hades which caused him to die. So that is why I think Promethues and Orpheus didn't think before they acted.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Here in this paragraph you'll read about why I think its important for us to start manufacturing most of our products. Reason number 1, we are trillions of dollars in debt to China so we shouldn't continue increasing the debt. Next, if we start making our own products it will create more jobs for our country.My last reason is that if we do this, we will become more independent and we'll not be as dependent as we are now.So that is a speech topic that is really important to me.

Here in this paragraph I'll talk about what I think the goverment should be spending their money on.First, I think that the goverment should be spending more money on education. This is so because it would better us all if we got better education so that we can have more people in advanced jobs.Second, I think that they should also spend their money on more advanced research that way we can be more advanced than all countries.Last but not least, we need to continue spending money on our military just in case something bad were to happen.So that is what I think the goverment should be spending their money on.

Athletes get paid way too much and here is why.My first reason is that athletes get paid more than the president. Another reason of mine is that they are making over a million dollars for doing one season.Also, to them, a million dollar contract is considered terrible.Next, because of their high wages, its encouraging children to try to become athletes instead of going to college to make about fiftey thousand dollars a year. So those are the main reasons why I think athletes are paid too much.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

Recently in language arts, we read a poam called "The Victor" by C.W. Longnecker. It talks about how sucess is obtained by the thought of it. I agree with him. This is so because when you have that type of self motivation to where you can go the extra mile, you can accomplish a lot. That is why I agree with C.W. Longnecker.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 03:39 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 35

Here in this paragraph, you will read about what really matters to me. So the thing that really matters to me would be my family. This is so because they are always taking care of me. Another reason why they matter to me would be that they help me when I am sick.Also, because they also do a lot of things just for me.So that is what matters to me the most.

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 03:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

The perfect closed setting for a mystery would be in a neighborhood. I think that this would be perfect for a mystery because this setting is small enough that the clues and important information to the story are not to far away. Next, since it is a neighboorhood, it would be easy for the main character to talk to everyone and obtain information through everyone's eyes. Also, the clues within the neighborhood would probably narrow down the suspects to where there aren't many of them so that it would be easy for a red herring to suprise the reader. Another one would be that the suspects might be friends with the main character so that makes the mystery more interesting. So those are the reasons I think that a mystery would be great in a neighborhood.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 03:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Many people in the world react to fear in many different ways but here are a few of the common ones. The First common way for someone to react would be to get all jumpy or parinoid. Another way would be that some people get very shaky. Next, some people just can't resist screaming when they get scared. Last but not least, some people get all of the above or more than one of those ways to react to fear. So that is how most people react to fear when they get scared.

If I was an employer, I would hire myself for these reasons. First, I'm a hard workilng person and I have always been that way since 3rd grade. Also, another reason that I would hire myself is that when it comes to turning in assingments, I get it turned in no later then the day it's due. Next, I am an organized person who keeps all of his assingments in my binder and can get the assingments quickly. The last reason that I would hire myself is that I don't goof off a lot when it comes to work. So those are the four main reasons why I would hire myself.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:56 PM GMT • comment • Reads 34

School is not my favorite place to be and here is why. First, school makes you wake up too early in the morning. For example, to get ready to go to school I have to wake up at 6:15. My other reason is that they grade all your work, which creates stress. This is so because I feel stressed whenever teachers push assingments on me and I want to get an A on it but, I feel like I can't. Last but not least, I don't like how crowded the school is. For instance, it is sometimes difficult to get to my locker because the hallway is filled with kids. This is way I do not like to go to school for the five days we have to go a week.