teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Are Professional Athletes Paid To Much?
Have you ever heard about someone getting paid 9.5 million dollarsjust to sign a contract? I have! Are we paying our professional athletes more than what they are worth? Should we be paying our professional athletes to play a sport they love to do? Even if you just wanted them to sign a contract to be on your team, we shouldn't have to pay them, they should just do it! If they have a passion for that specific sport they should just do it! For example, Peyton Manning gets paid 9.5 million dollars to sign a contract. Every time he makes a touchdown he will get paid even more money every year. Also, Tim Tebow took the Broncos to the top of the food chain. He didnt even get paid the amount of money he deserved, he got paid less! As soon as a better oppurtunity came around, the Broncos threw him under the bus! Athletes are paid either too much or too less for what they are worth. If they want to play the sport that they love, pay them the average sallary of any other athlete or any coach will or is getting paid. Cassandra O.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 08:38 AM • comment • Reads 33 • see all articles