Article posted May 8, 2012 at 01:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

If I were Prometheus, my answer to the questions (Do you think before you act?) would be no. I don't think before I act especially when I feel like I am free. My father made wings so we could escape out of our cell. I blocked out all of the things he told. I was just ready to be free. It was such a joy that I didn't realize that if I went towards the sun my wings would melt because they were made out of wax. My feathers flew away so easily that I didn't realize they were gone until I was falling for my death. That is were the think before act comes in. If I would have thought before I acted I wouldn't be dead. 

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 03:26 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 52

There are many different speeches in the world that you could give today. I would like to give or to hear someone talk about doing doing a sport. First of all, you can meet friends and new people. It is good to have a new friend every once in while. It is how you socialize with other people. Maybe having a new friend would build up your confidence and hope to playing the sport. Another reason why I would like to give a speech about sports is that it keeps you in shape. You get excercise. It will help you better with your health and make you feel better inside too. Last but not least, it's fun to play a sport. If you enjoy a sport, it is easy to go to practice and have a good time. Find a sport that you really enjoy. All in all, sports is a great topic to do a speech on.  

The government has many choice of what to fund over the next fiscal year. Only a few of the choices will make a difference in the economie in my opinion. To begin with, education is one of the places the government founding should go to. Education is a key to having the economie back to normal. The teachers are not getting paid enough, so they don't care if the students aren't getting the education. Then when the kids get older they don't know what to do since they weren't educated. Then they can't get jobs and the economie goes down hill. If the teachers were paid more they might care about getting thekids proper education they need to know for when they are older. Next small buisnises should get some of the government founding. The money will help the smal buusiness florish. The more people that want the business, the more money will go aroung to help the economie rise to its standard level. Last but not least, Charities should be funded as well. Like red cross and homeless shelters. These charities help people survive and get a chance to live a life. The charities might help them find a job and maybe a home and hope in there life. All in all, there are many funding oportunities for the government, but only a few will help change the economie.

Everyday, week, year athletes get paid for playing football, soccer, or baseball that you can play in your own back yard. Professional athletes get paid way too much for what for what they do for a living. To begin with, the money that athletes get paid could be going to people that save lives. Doctors, firefighters, poilce men, homeless shelter, and ect. The money could be going to people that help treat cancer and other diseases. There are people dying in the world from not having the money to keep them selves alive, while professional athelets are getting paid a tone of money to play a sport. Next, not everyone likes to watch athletes play sports. For some people sports are boring and they rather be building or working on something than can help other people in the world. When an athelet gets paid a whole bunch of money but really some athelets just sit on the bench and dont get to play. The money that they get paid is just for sitting on the bench. Last but not least, it's unfair to people that don't have the skill or ability to play sports. Some people don't have the chance or even enough money to play sports. All in all, professional athletes are getting paid way too much, when you can just play the sport in your own back yard.

a)Based on The Hobbit, what do you think Tolkien’s attitude towards nationalism is? What statement does he seem to want to make about war in general?

Based on the Hobbit, I think that Tolkien's attitude towards nationalism is that he agrees with that it is important. I belive so because he shows us in the Hobbit that the Golblins, the Wood Elves, the Eagles, the dwarfs/Hobbit, the Trolls, the Giant Spiders, and the people of Lake Town were all fighting for there own master or town. Tolkien made them fight for there own group and not be fiends with one or other and not join together to fight as one. This is like World War 1 because there were many people fighting for there own country which is nationalism.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 47

Holes in your path of life sometimes stand out or are hidden and need to be found. Your holes in your life are all your decisions even if they are bad or good. My holes still stand in my path. Everytime I make a bad decison my hole gets bigger, but when I make a good decision my hole gets a tiny bit smaller. To begin with I wait till the last minute. I wait till the last minute on projects and big homework assignments. I tell myself that it is not do for another few days and put it off. Then I end up doing it the last day before it is due. Next, I have the habit of not doing my chores until the end of the week. Usually I go to friends houses on the weekends and forget to my chores. When I get home and relized that I didn't get my done, I walk right into my "chores" hole. Now i have 1 hour before i go to bed and my chores aren't finished. By that point my mom has already given extra chores to do on top of what I already have to do. Last but not least I have a habit of not getting up when my alarm clock goes off. I get less time to do my hair, get dressed, and eat breakfast before i go to the bus stop at 7:20 am.  In conclusion my holes have stood in my path for awhile, now it is time for them to go. For me, it is time to go around the holes and not create anymore.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 04:33 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 47

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

~Nelson Mandela

Text to text: This quote compared to "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." by Jackie Robinson is different. I think that Nelson's quote is more powerful than Jackie's quote because Nelson is telling you that you need to educate people that have the power to change the world. The other quote is saying you need to change your life to change other lives.

Text to self: This quote impacts my life because I have the chance to speak out and tell the truth. Maybe change the way people think and how the act if it is bad or good.

Text to world: This quote is saying to people like scientists who can educate people that they are doing something wrong or like not healthy. Like drugs, they can educate people who do drugs and help them stop and make good decisions.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 03:15 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

Scrooge a character in the story "A Christmas Carol" thinks money is the best thing in the world and couldn't live without it. I think money gets better things and more stuff. The really important thing that I couldn't live without would be family. Family is there to support you and help you with your problems. If I didn't have family, I would be all depressed and wouldn't be able to support myself. My answer is totally different then Scrooges because he doesn't even think about his family, all he thinks about is money, money, and more money.  

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 03:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Everybody has a different idea of a closed setting. What I think of a closed setting is when something mysterious happens. Then a big clue comes right after it. Like for example in the book "The Hound of the Baskerville" Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes were talking when they heard a scream so frightening it shocked both of then. As they went out looking for were the scream came from they heard like a beast in the bushes. They found a dead body of a man. The dead man indeed was wearing Sir Henry's clothes. This gives us a big clue in the story that somebody is trying to kill Sir Henry Baskerville. 

We all have fear, but it affects us in many different ways. Fear can control you if you let fear take over. Some affects of fear are like better security or movies might lead you to have fear of something. I have made decision based on fear. One decision was that like when I see something that looks or acts like a spider I scream and run. Later I realise that I was acting like a baby. Also like if I see a scary movie, I always am looking over my shoulder for something to pop out at me. Fear can hinder and motivate you because fear might motivate you to protect yourself. Fear hinders you to stay away and not be yourself.