teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 04:08 PM GMT • comment • Reads 46

School is an interesting place where you can hangout with friends,help the school with fundraisers, and learn new things.One of my favorite things about school is being able to hang out with my friends. lunch is a great time to hangout with friends without getting in trouble.You can also hang out during passing periods and when you have down time in class.

Another reason I enjoy school is the fundrasiers. There are two a year a cookie dough and magazine fundraiser. A fun part about the fundraisers is you get prizes for helping the school.

Finally You can learn new things in your classes. You have fun classes to like exploratories. You could also do new things in after school clubs. All in all school is a great place to hangout with friends, have fundraisers and learn new things

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:45 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 32

School can be fun and it can also be boring sometimes, but it is mostly fun. One reason school is fun because you can share a locker with one of your friends and meet new people you would never meet if you dd not go to school. school can be boring when you take tests. for example when you have to take CSAP's it is boring and when you are done all you can do is sit there. Another reason school is fun is you get to learn new things. An example is when you go on field trips you learn a lot when you are having fun. In the end i think school is mostly fun.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

The thoughts I have about school is that it's long and boring. school has a lot of know it all idiot's that think they can talk down to you anyone because they have a better education. School is a place where kid's come and try to get education but they don't they come so they can abuse their free learning. School doesn't notice it. Either your a student in need of assistance they wont help you. They try to ignore you until the end of class, and when a teacher say's they want to help get the problem fix they lie they just want to get it over with and move on. school is just something that get's me mad because they lie they want to help you. School also just has nosey student's and techer's so they can get in your lives and say " We can help you with this.", but all they do is be nosey and it just wrong. School also has me wounder if it even cares about the other children.All the other student's that want to learn are being blocked out because of all of the rude student's that missbehave and doesn't care about school. All the teacher's just ignore them and let them talk to their friend's, blurt out, and just be rude to student's that has disability's. the student's that are rude need's to think of other's, but they don't they think of fun time because they are people that will have no job's.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:58 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

School is a wonderful environment to be educated in and to have a great deal of fun while doing it. There are many reasons why school is an important and enjoyable place to be; but I feel that there are three that are the most important.

To start off, one of the reasons why school is an important and enjoyable place to be is that at school you receive an education and you learn new information.

In addition, another reason why school is an important and enjoyable place to be is that you get to spend time with friends.

Moreover, the final reason why school is an important and enjoyable place to be is that school prepares you for the future: life.

In Conclusion, school is all about learning and getting an education. But, school would be nothing without a little fun. When you're enjoying yourself, it makes you want to learn and to participate. The three reasons why I love school and school is important are receiving an education and learing new information, spending time with friends, and school prepares you for the future: life. These three reasons prove that school can be fun. And, who knows, maybe you'll start to like school more because of these reasons, whether you like it or not.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 04:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

School is a place where we spend most of our day learning and spending time with friends, but we start way too early, have too long of classes, and have too short of a lunch.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Middle Scool can be boring or fun it depends how you look at it. Some kids think it is amazing and others think it is the worst time of their life. To me school it is right in the middle. I like group work and hands-on learning.

First, my favorite thing in school is seeing my friends. It is good to see them everyday so you can catch up on what has been going on with them. We can hang out between classes. At the beinging of the year you get to see all the classes with your friends.

In addition, some lessons could be fun if you acutally know what you are doing and it can be a entertaining subject for you. It will be a lot easier and maybe a good opportunity to learn some important.

Also, school may be boring now but,it is a really big part for your furture.For example school will help you later in life like getting a good paying job and supporting your family. You also get to learn new languages like spanish or french.

In conclusion school is good for you and your future.Just think you will be let out of this jail soon.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:42 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

What i think of the new school year in 7th grade? Well, I have been nervous for other grades before, but this year I wasn't nervous at all. My ccousin told me about 7th grade and i asked a lot of questions. I asked if it was hard homework wise. Well she said it was hard homework wise but it was fun altogether. So far so good with the new school year. My teachers are great! I was sorta nervous untill I met Mrs. Thomassen. She was my spark of inspiration for this year. She made me feel great about the school year ahead of me. Thanks Mrs. Tomassen! All in all I am exited for the new school year!

7th grade is an interesting and fun learnig expirence.first, its really fun becouse you get to talk and see friends. you get to see friends before and afer school. also you get 5 minutes in the hall to get to class and maby talk a little. additinally school helps in the longrun.It will give you more career choices and hopefully give you a better future. You will become smarter and will know more. finally you will learn interesting stuff.You can learn about most of the things that intrest you. another awsome thing that will help you learn is that they show you videos to help reinforce topics.i have a felling that this year is going to be interesting and fun.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:41 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Question: What are your thoughts about school as you start seventh grade this year? To me school is bitter sweet. After summer i get so excited to bye my school supplies. I want to come back to school because I want to see my friends. Plus, I feel my brain is empty. The thing is this place is an emotional rollercoaster. Here, one day the whole school is happy and upbeat. Then, the next day everyone is sad and depressed. Once we reach the last quater, I am thinking "Get me out of here. I feel educationaly overflowed and i want to sleep in, be lazy and go to bed at a later time. To me, school is like a sour patch kid or a zot (the italian candy). The are really sweet at the begining and I like it. Then, it goes sour and grose. School is like candy, it is bittersweet.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:48 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

When it comes to school, I'm stuck in the middle of liking and hating it. The best reason I like school, is because it's something to do during the day. All summer, I was bored out of my mind, with nothing to do all day. Although it's something to keep me occupied, I don't get to see my friends a lot, because they are on different teams. Yet, the two of them are on the same team together, so they get to see each other all the time, which kind of sucks for me. Learning in school kind of drags me away from the thought of not seeing my friends all the time, like I did last year. The reason we are in school in the first place, is to learn. Right? All in all, school is something I mostly like, although there are iffy qualities, like not seeing friends. Still, I like school. Without it, I’d be going crazy with boredom right now.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:46 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

Mountain Ridge Middle School is a wonderful place to be. First of all, I love my classes there. Math has always been one of my favorite subjects. When I started taking band last year, I found that I love it. As of this year, language arts is one of my absolute favorite classes. In addition to having terrific classes, I can socialize at school. This mostly occurs at lunch and during passing periods. Sometimes, though, classes allow social time. Finally, I get to escape from my home every day when I come to Mountain Ridge. I don't have any housework to do at school. My siblings aren't at MRMS, so they can't annoy me all day long. Clearly, school can be a fantastic place.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:49 PM GMT • comment • Reads 35

School is a very contradictional subject as to whether it's a waste of time or not. I have to be on both sides as to both boring and fun. It is way too long of a school day and I usually zone-out of class after a while. But on the other hand, school is very helpful down the rode. It will help me get into better colleges and help me get a better job. So school is very helpful but after so long it is no longer fun. For the most part school helps but too much of one thing is just too much and can become just a drag. I like all my teachers and classes but I can only pay attention for about half the day and the other half is forgotten within an our after school.Therefore longer days don't help kids like myself be able to pay attention and fully take in everything taught at school. Even though school is helpful, too much of it is not a successful method of learning and should be broken down to shorter days.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 04:14 PM GMT • comment • Reads 35

School is a whiz-bang place to be. You can hangout with friends, participate in funraisers, and do school activities. First, in school you get to be with friends. Classes is a great pl;ace to be to socalize with friends, only when you are aloud to talk. At lunch you can sit with your friends and talk about your day.

Also, fundraisers can be a whiz-bang of a time at school. For example the magazine drive you can earn prize and cash prizes. This can be exciting because you go to school and all ready for prize collection. It also could be a compotision to some people, to see how many ducks you caould earn.

To end with, is school activities. You can do after school clubs with your friends. The clubs can be a thing to look forward during school days.the clubs may be something you may desirie or a hobbie. All in all school can be a whiz-bang place to be.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:56 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

Although when most people think of school, they think of boring lectures, homework, or prison, but I think of it as a great opportunity to build up for a bright future. To start out with, you learn so much. you get an hour and a half of each subject, so you can get a lot of work done. In addition, you have exploritories. you can go deeper into what you are really interested in. For example there are exploritories like woodshop, band, gym, 3D art, and tons more. Lastly, in a way school could make you rich! if you work really hard, you could you could end up with a really well paying job. To conclude, I think school is an amazing way to learn and have fun at the same time.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:53 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 34

When I was asked what I thought about school, I had mixed opinions. There's the good being the fact that I'm away from my siblings. There's the bad because the classes are too long. Then you have a little bit of both with the busy hallways.

The good part about school is that I'm away from my siblings. I have 2 little brother, Damian, who's 10, and Devin, who's 1. I also have a little sister, Cayla, who's 3. They drive me crazy so it's nice to have some seperation.

The part I don't like about school is the length of the classes. I think 90 minutes is too long. My Language Art teacher was discussing this just a few days ago. 60 minutes is a perfect amopunt of time. Most 7th graders don't have a very ling attention span. So, the first and last 20 minutes are very clear, the 50 minutes in between, not so much.

The thing that can be good and bad is the busy hallways. They're good because you have the oppurtunity to see friends you don't have classes with. The bad part is the fact that you have absoulutly no room to walk. Especially if people are gathering in the middle of the hallway.

So, in conclusion, when I think about school, I really can't decide if I like it or not.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:42 PM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think many things about school, in both bad ways and good ways !

First, I think school can be fun because of classes you take. I think exploritories are the best time of the day. You have many fun exploritories like Physical Education, Art, Wood shop many other very fun classes.

Also, School can be very fun too with your friends. You hang out with them almost all the time during schools wether its in the halls, the classroom, or during lunch. But nomatter what your friends always make school funnier !

Last, School can be boring at the same time. With all the homework teachers give. And all the time you spend just studying during class.

But nomatter what friends you have or the classes you have school will always be fun in ways and very boring in its own ways.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 04:07 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Many people don't like school, here are some resons I like school, and you should too. The first reson is that we get lockers. one reson I like lockers is because you get more privacy. The privacy I'm talking about is you can keep all of your important things in it like cell phones,ipods, and other things. Another thing I like about school is you don't have to walk in lines to class to class. In grade school I HATED the lines, now we just walk in our own groups. THe last thing about school i like is our friends. In grade school we never had time to hang out with, talk to, or mess around with friends. Now we have so much more time to just talk with friends. I really like that. Even if you don't like school, try to look at the good things about it and you might like it too.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

School is diferent every year. First of all, you have to share a locker with your locker partener. So you have to decide who gets what part of the locker. Second of all, you have harder work. You have even more homework, essays, and tests. Another example is you have to get up realy early. I have to get up earlier for school than my parents do for work.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

seventh grade is going to be awesome. but only because of being able to talk to freinds and show off my magic at school. And talk to freinds or play football. honestly I hate school and what its about but its a good place to make freinds

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:50 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Question: What are your thoughts on school?

To many people, school is just something to do, or that they have to be there, or that it's ruining their life. For me, that's not true at all. I really like school for three reasons. First, I like school because I get to see my friends every day. In my neighborhood, only one of my friends lives near me. So, I think it's a blessing getting to see and work with my frinds every day. Next, as Mrs. Thomassen would put it, I'm totally a clipboard. Meaning, I have my mind set on one goal, and that is getting through school so I can start my career. I want to be a writer when I grow up. So, I like critisizime. My teachers defenetly provide that for me. Finally, I love meeting new people! At Mountain Ridge, there a LOT of people. You never know, you may meet your best friend there. There are people who are going through the same situations as you. All you hsve to do is go up to them and say hello! It's that easy! In conclusion, school is great for me! I'm glad that I can go there every day. It's such a blessing! See you tomorrow grizzleys!

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:58 PM GMT • comment • Reads 32

I think school isn't that bad.It is not my favorite but I have to to do to get to where I want to be in life.

What i like about school is my friends,some of my teachers, and when we get to play games.My friends are great i think that they help we though alot. When i go to school I get to to hang out with friend after scchool.

My teachers are some time okay so when they are nice then they are really cool to be around.When they are mean wel then its not a good to be at school.

Now to get to the good stuff aht i do not like about school. There not that be that big i really don't hate school that much like other kids.

I think that the school lunch is not my favorite but I'll eat it if i have to.I also hate how long the the lines are for lunch, beacuse when you finally gt5e out of the line and sit down you have like five minutes to eat.when your done eating you get to go out side yiou barrly have tome to eat so now your rushing and you can't wait to go out side to see your friends and it to late.When you get out side its time to leave and go in side so then you can't see you wonderful friends.so if i got to be the presited of the school i would make better lunches longer time to eat and longer time to be at school.

That is the wounderful world of school and that is how I think of it.

THE END=http://!!

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:56 PM GMT • comment • Reads 34

School is not my favorite place to be and here is why. First, school makes you wake up too early in the morning. For example, to get ready to go to school I have to wake up at 6:15. My other reason is that they grade all your work, which creates stress. This is so because I feel stressed whenever teachers push assingments on me and I want to get an A on it but, I feel like I can't. Last but not least, I don't like how crowded the school is. For instance, it is sometimes difficult to get to my locker because the hallway is filled with kids. This is way I do not like to go to school for the five days we have to go a week.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 04:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

School can be interesting and boring at the same time.However some people may disagree with me.These however are almost hard solid facts.Most people would think school is fun when there having fun learnig or learnig about something that interests them. For example if your disecting a frog and learnig about frogs kids would be having fun that way. However if they did a worksheet and had too read the answeres out of a text book most people would be bored or dase of in a daydream.It can be boring when teachers lecture and talk about stuff that isn't interesting, or things that seam like they just don't matter. However sometimes this is the best option.For example if your scince teacher keeps on talking about the earth's crust, and without it being a certain type of rock and soil there would be no plants.Well to the average kid that's not interesting. So they start thinking about the movie they saw last night and pretty soon there behind in class and getting bad grades because of that one time.I have a guestion, why are kids so excited for assemblies. Is it because they can't wait to get out of class or is it something fun that they want to see. In my opinion it's a little bit of both.Although facts show differently. Most people like assemblies even if there sad because you watch a slide show and get to sit with your buddies. Truly its because its something different besides history or math.For example if Racheals challenge came to our school and told us all about what happened hids would enjoy it, and haver fun. (Rcheal was the first girl killed in the columbine attack, and Racheals challenge is a program that tries to go to every middle, and high school in the nation and help kids with therapy and stuff.)In conclusion is school fun or boring to the average kid.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

School is a way to get education for a good future and I enjoy it most of the time. First of all, I like it because we get to see our friends and teachers everyday. My nice teachers always put a smile on my face when they congrajulate me or help me improve to get better grades. They're also full of energy and make your day a whole lot better. Friends are people who you can always joke around with and be yourself. If we didn't have school, we wouldn't see them as often. The second reason why I like school is that we have exploratories. They're always fun and exciting to go to during a long day of hard work. There are many different exploratories that we are able to go to so we get to try many different things. We have many activities and we can do more things with friends. For example, in 3-D Art, we get to create our own pottery projects which is always exciting because we get to use our own ideas and then shape them into what we imagined. Then in Gym, we play a great variety of sports where we can use teamwork and get healthier. Lastly, the only reason for why I sometimes don't like school is that we get homework. Sometimes we get too much which takes up the time we have at home and when we have activities outside of school, it makes us really busy. I'm really glad that I'm not homeschooled or I wouldn't have as great of a time to learn new things and get more opportunities.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:35 PM GMT • comment • Reads 35

My thoughts on school is i kinda like school. i like to hang out with friends and stuff. but i hate homework.

i love going to school because i get to see all my friends. i love seeing dominic and gabby , i love both them! dominic give me lots of grafiti, and he makes me laugh all the time.but i really hate homework! its so hard. and they give way to much. and i hate math they give us alot of homework. most teacherws can be mean. but mrs. T is the best. shes so nice! and so is mrs. Seagale. and i always hate how i get made fun of because of how short im. -__- .

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:37 PM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Here at my school I have alot of fun in classes and learn alot.Sometimes school can be difficult but I sill love going every day. I like all of my teachers and the school and all the students have alot of fun.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:18 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

The first day of 7th grade I thoght that my teachers were going to be mean but it turns out htey are all super nice. I also thougt that I going to have tons of homework but i havn't. It turns out that 7th grade has a little more class work than i thoght. some of it is simple and the rest is some what long and hard. Thes are my looks on 7th grsde so far.

Cameron

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:34 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

I like school for many reasons but I am only naming three.First,is my friends. I love to hang-out and learn with my frieds. It is pretty awesome to have the same classes with our best friends. Next, is learning. I is alays fun to learn with our friends. Also, to work together on some projects. Last, our exploritories. Basically all of the exploritories here at Mountain Ridge are fun. My favorite exploritory is drama. My least favorite is pysical education (P.E).My main favorite thing to do at school is hang-out with my friends and learn new fun things in every subject. :)

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:31 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

I am Joey D.I like school because I get to see my freinds and get to play my trumpet with other instruments. i like the got ducks fundraisers. i like my teachers. i like the exploritories and lunch. the food at the cafeteria food tastes awsome. I like having dogs in some of my classes. that is my opinion on school.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:29 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

I hate school if you want to know why read this blog.I hate school and the three main reasons are that one is that when ever I try to do my best it never turns out right like i am quiet then I get yelled at for not perticapatingbut really I am but I am just queit about it. my seconde reason is that we have to long of periods and it think that we should have gold days ensted of green and purple days and we should have green days like we have gold days i think that will be a lot better in my mind.my last but not least i hardly get to see them so i think that we should be able to pick our onm classes and teams instead then getting teachers that eighther i like or evey one else likes. So please think about doing this i think it will make school alot better

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:34 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 34

There are three reasons why I like going to school evry day. The first reason is lunch. The pizza is delicious. The school gets Black Jack pizzza and it is very delicious.The next reason is learning. Mrs.Thomassen's language arts class is the best of all classes. :D The final reason is band. I love musical insturments, that is why I like to go to band everyday and play the trumpet. Eventhough school can be stressfull I still like to go to school everyday.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:30 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 34

School is way to complicated. Our classes are everywhere, we have to share lockers, and lunch is way to late! First, Our classes are way to far. Tryinging to get from class to class in a five minute period is so hard. Espiecally when slow poke 6th and 8th graders are in the hall. Have you seen them?! They are a bunch of turtles!All I want to do is get to class on time, but they just have to be so slow! Secondly, I have to share a locker!Don't get me wrong I like the person I share with, but it is tough having your books plus someone else's in a tight little space! I am an organized person, but it is impossible to keep organized with one shelf, 20 books (give or take a few), 2 lunches, 2 backpacks, and two people! lastly, luch is way to late! How are we sopposed to consentrate in class with growling stomachs!!! I mean to add to my trouble I have P.E. before lunch! exersizing with in empty stomach is a total no,no in my book. All in all, school is not cool becausewe have classe that are to far apart,we have to share lockers, and we have way to late of lunch!

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:42 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

First press the start button at the left bottom of the computer the scroll to control panel, then find the mouse icon, open it. Next go over to pointers and open then click the normal select then click browse and find a pointer you want

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:38 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

What I think about school is I do not like it. The things I do like, are the exploratories and lunch they are the best. Some of the teachers are nice.The only reason I like coming to school is because I get to see my best friend Mrs.Seigel she is a teacher but she is so nice.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

On the first day of school I was not all that scared. I knew where my classes were and i knew where to go. As soon as I walked in to Ms. Thomassen's room I knew this year was going to be fun. She was vary diffrent from Mrs.Burton

she wasn't strict.

Ms.Bartek is fun with Samson and Ms.Hagerman is nice.So far my favriote teacher is by far Ms. Thomassen!

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:40 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

My first impression of middle school was, "Awww Man." i still kind of think that middle school kind of stinks. all middle schoo does is keep me up at late at night with homework, Makes me wake up at 6 in the morning, and sometimes mean teachers. Yet Middle school gave me friends. So Middle school isnt that bad, Sometimes I like the things we do in class. We usually do silent ball, and Homework isn't as long or hard. So if you think about it Midle school is actually okay.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:47 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 33

I think school is awesome, and fun.My favorite subject is math if you didn't know all ready.These are the reasons why I like school.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 05:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

I'm always excited to come to school! One of the reasons I'm excited is I get to see my friends everyday. Why I'm always happy to see them is because I never have time to see them after school because I'm always busy doing storts or homework.I do cross country, and if I have any time I want to do dance and gymnastics. Another reason I'm always happy to come to school is go to 2D art. I'm always excited to go to that class because its always fun and I like to do art. The last thing that I'm excited about from school is after I get to do cross country. Why I love to go to it is because after sitting around all day working I get to run and I LOVE running. That's why I'm alwayas excited to come to school.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:27 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

I think school is one of the best place in the U.S, especially from asd20. Middle School is more challenging then elementary school. My second year isn't that bad, but really hard. I know that probulaly after the second semester, I will get used to mostly where everything is, what to do, and everthing else. The teachers and counsuling are very nice, maybe not for some students, but that's my opinion. At least once in a while that we have fun activities, but that dosen't mean I don't like homework!!! As my opinion, school is so fun and interesting, you'll still remember your first year of Middle School. The End

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 03:53 PM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think school is awesome. First, I get to see my friends. If I didn't go to school I would have never even met my friends. Also,I like all my classes and teachers. Finally,I like learning because I want to go to a good college and have a good future. In conclusion I really enjoy school because I woulden't be able to do all the things I can do if I didn't go to school.

I think that school is a fun way to learn new things and also be able to hang out with your friends.

First of all, Many think that school is boring, but I doubt that they would rather sit at home all day doing nothing! Then they would be bored all the time.

Next, If there wasn't school, you wouldn't meet people, therefore, you wouldn't have any friends.

And finally, if you didn't go to school, then you wouldn't learn anything about the world or life, and you wouldn't be very intelligent.

In conclusion, you shouldn't complain about school because you get to hang out with friends, learn new things, and it gets you out of the house for a majority of the day.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment • Reads 36

I think school is the best thing ever and here's why. First,you get exploritories. Band,Wood Shop,Drama,and Gym are all great activites that are during school. Second, during school you learn new things. During Humanities you learn about the world and the people who live in it and math you get to know how to do math facts so that you can get a good jod when you grow up. Finally, the best part of the day is lunch. At lunch you get to hang out with your friends and talk and eat together,if you dont go to school you dont get thoses opertionities. That is why School is the best because you have Exporitories, you get to learn new things, and you get to have lunch with your friends.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:06 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

School isn't the best thing but it's alright for a few reasons. First of all school is OK because I'm not sitting at home being bored to death. At home a lot of the time I get bored but when I'm at school I always have something to do even if it is boring a lot of the time (like taking notes). Also, I don't have to put up with my little sister! When I am at home, my sister is always bothering me with questions like "Do you want to play with me?" and at school i have seven straight hours away from her. Last, but most definetley not least, i like most of the electives. If I had never come to school I would have never gotten into band, therefore never getting into the Colorado Springs Youth Symphony. Also, I would have never discoved that I love art and drama! Even though school can be boring, I am gflad we go otherise I would be even more bored at home doing nothing.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:11 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 35

To me school is tuns of fun and there is lots to do in school. But, I also have my petpeeves about school. First,at school you get to see and socialize with you friends. I love to talk with friend but, I don't live very close to any of my friends so I don't really get to see them and texting doesn't always cut it for me all the time. Also, at school you don't just sit around all day and do nothing. At my house there isn't very much to do. You might sit in a chair morst of the day in school but you will do work and activities all day long. On the other hand, my one petpeeve about school is homework. Homework isn't a very fun thing to do. To me you learn for seven and a half hours a day five days a week, you really shouldn't have to do homework. I think after a long day of learning you should be able to just go home and rest.

Even though I like to come to school it still has its corks. I hope that school in the future gets even more fun.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

I like school,because you sit down all day and its a long time without breaks, but i like school beccause you get spend time with friends. Why i think school can be boring is because, you sit down all day and you get very tired. Also, it is a long time without breaks which can get very boring which this also makes you tired. One reason i do like school though is because you get to spend with your friends, which is one time you get to see them.For those reasons i do and dont like school.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:01 PM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Ever since I was little, I've absolutely hated school,yet, if I didn't come to school, where would I be today???

One thing that absolutley stinks is getting up too early. Getting up at 5 A.M. kinda has some downsides, am I right??? A good thing about school is that if we hadn't come to school, where would we have met all of our school friends and people that we have met over the years? In addition, school has helped build who we are and what we are like, so if we hadn't come to school, we wouldn't be the type of person we are today! And finally, if we hadn;t come to school, where would we have learned about all of the things we know to this day???

In concluion, even though school has some downsides, without it, we wouldn't know half the things we know today!!!

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:11 PM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Some people think school is the best thing in the world, but I disagree.First, it last forever and you want to do other things after school but you don't have time. But you have to get up early every morning but not on weekends. Next, all the teachers to is talk all day (not to be mean.) But also after all that talking all they give to do is alot of work. The worst thing of all is the homework all it is homework, homework, homework, and more homework. That's all they want you to do is homework. But i have a feeling that you are just getting more homework. This is all I think about school.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 04:06 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

I think that school is a pretty fun and cool place. I have my friends, I learn new things, and the lunch is pretty good.I will first be disussing about my friends. During the summer, I don't usually hang out with friends that are not a short walking distance away unless they invite me over or it's their birthday party. I know, that's sort of lame, but that's me. So during the whole summer, I hang out with about 7 friends. Of those 7 friends, 5 live in my block. The other two live in the next block. School is a good way for me to hang out with my friends before summer starts. Now, I will be discussing how I learn new things. During the summer, people are always talking about how the season is so boring just playing video games all day, but after summer, you can start learning in school!!! Yay!!! Well anyway. I learn many new things especially in Math and Humanities because, first I'm not that much of a history guy, and second, you just learn a lot in Math. I learn a lot in other classes of course but I learn the most in Humanities and Math. Finally, I will be talking about lunch. The lunch here is pretty good and you get a variety of things to eat. You can also hang out with your friends and it is a good time too, because that is the only time you can really hang out during the school period. The only problem with the lunch is that some things that you like cost too much. All of these reasons make school rock!!!

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 08:55 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

School is usefull in manyways, but it ia also pointles. First, there are many ways to have fun learning. Field Trips and games are good way to get candy. Second, there are a lot of ways school is useless, homework is one of them. Why have to bring work home when there is school for that. Last, tests, WHY? All tests do is give you a score for people to mock you.See I told you, school is usefull when its fun, otherwise its pointless.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:19 PM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I dont really prefer school. The reasons are because I dont like getting up in mornings. For example I have to get up at five thirty evry morning because I live by sky sox. I also dont like the work, id rather stay at home and be lazy. One of the worst things is the home work I hate giving up my freetime. In all I hate school!

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:24 PM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Personaly I think school is a collision of both horrible yet fabulous.First,and foremost school teaches you many diffrent kinds of topics.Like lovely and not so lovely subjects like Math whitch teaches you an ability you will most likely use in your future years whitch may, or may not come or other subjects that teach you for the future science, language arts, P.E, and what ever else you bother to learn.Second, most importantly school is way and I mean way too long like at least 7 to 8 hours of horror and tiredness.Think about it,wake up at least at 6 come home at around 3 or if in a sport 5 that gives you about 6 to 4 hours till you sleep and wake back up to a nightmare.Finally, last but not least school can be serprisingly fun sometimes.So when you go to school you may not be ready for daily bases alderbra, but your definitly ready for band, P.E or what ever you think is an interesting topic in school.My point is school can be a insane sleepless day, but it can also be an outragiously fun time if you can wait for it.:)

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:01 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

I love school! I think it is fun, and a great way to meet new people.First, I think it is fun. I like learning about new things, like history. There are also many ways to be creative so you don't get bored. Exloritories are only one way you can't get bored. PE, Band, and more. I also like meeting new people. A lot of the friends you make, you make during school. While not everyone in school is your friend, friends are another way to make school more enjoyable. Last, I find school refreshing. It is a sort of break from whatever is going on at home. If your parents are fighting, or if you older siblings tease you, you don't have to worry about it at school. So, in conclusion, I love school- and learning!

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:18 PM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I really don't dislike or like school. There are times where you are like, I like school and other times I really dislike it. First of all, School is neccesary to succed in life and get a good job. So, it is good in that sense. The down side is that you have to wake up really early and you get lots of homework. This makes school tiring. School can also get dull sometimes and you really don't want to go. As you can see it is good and bad to go to school.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:40 PM GMT • comment • Reads 35

It seems that adults want you to feel a certain way about school; but this is how I feel. To start, most teachers go right ahead in a lession. They don't really make sure you know what their talking about. Another reason, is that teachers go to fast. They just go lession to lession. Lastly, some teachers don't really help. They give you hints that don't help you answer the question. To conclude, this is how I feel about school although these feeling may change as the new school year starts.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:13 PM GMT • comment • Reads 36

People ask me what I think about school amd I just reply the same thing, and that is...It is very boring sitting in class all day, but it gives you time to spend with friends. First of all, you sit in class. Listening to a teacher blabber for an 1 and a half. In my opinion class should only be 45 minutes long and you have an extra class.Next,the only reason I wake up in the morning is because I get to talk to my friends. Like veronica, Taylor, Vanessa, Sarah, Ella and many others. Last but not least, I think school is boring is because you dont have any breaks or anything, so I wish school would allow you to get 5 many breaks every other class. People still ask me if I like school and I still give the same reply and the same answers.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

The first day of school is always scary, but you'll soon find that with your friends,new locker,and teachers you'll have a great time!

With your friends, you can make homework better by doing it in groups. It will go faster and you will have much more fun. Plus durring your lunch break you can just hang out and relax. With your locker, its like expressing yourself though your designs. Along with that you get a locker partner to keep you company. Last you have your teachers. There's always a teacher you dont quit care for but other than that they are great! They go at a nice pace, but your still learning.

So even if you don't like school, just give it another try. I'm sure your thinking will turn around.

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:02 PM GMT • comment • Reads 34

At first when middle school began i wasn't really confident about how i was going to do, but now i am doing better on many levels.

The first reason is because i have lost of friends like shyanne, sarah, anjelica, and josie who i really can rely on.

Second is because the teachers really take the time to help me understand the concepts.

Lastly, i get to learn alot of new things.

im glad that i decided to come to mountain ridge instead of challenger becuase of all the great things that happen here!

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:03 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

Everything about shcool is great.

To start, I get to be with my friends everyday. I get to have lunch and many classes with them. It makes school really fun. In addition, I love having a locker. Even thought I have to share it it's great. The best part is that you get to decorate it how you want. In conclusion, I get to learn about my favorite subjects. Math, Science, and Language Arts. I can't wait to come to school tomorrow. It will be great!

Article posted August 25, 2011 at 09:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

There are many things i hate and love about school, but here are only a few of those. One thing i hate is the five minute passing period. Now this is cool, but it isnt long enough and can cause tardiness which will have you lose points. something I like is enrichment. okay to be honest this class sometimes feels like a srew around class. it is also good for catching up on homework. lastly another thing i hate and love is locker partners. So this is cool cause one of my good friends is mine, and we always see eachother alot. Except it can get pretty cramped and I like my space. All in all i like my school, but there are those times when i hate it with a passion.