teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Game Day 04/16/12
Gov. Budget 04/16/12
Atheletes are Paid too Much! 04/04/12
Holes in My Sidewalk 02/06/12
Familly 12/12/11
Space 11/15/11
Fear 10/30/11
Favorite Story 10/04/11
Hiring 09/12/11
Rob's thoughts 08/24/11

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 02:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 632

The one thing that I wouldn't be able to live without is my friends and my family. This is almost the exact opposite of scrooges answer. all that scrooge wants is money and he doesn't care about other people or the rest of humanity. Even his own nephew can't break his miserly ways and his humbug attitude.

In A Christmas Carol the main character learns what really maters in life.  He learns that he can not live without his family.  My answer is that I could not live without my family and friends.  With out them I would be lost in life.  My answer is similar by both me and him need our families.

Kayla  Dec. 5, 2011

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 01:36 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

My class is reading "A Christmas Carol", where Scrooge thinks that money is important. This makes us woonder, what really is important in life? To me food wter and shelter is important, but these are just essential to live a lonley life. What truly is necessary is family and friends, to stand by your side through hard times. this is what one needs in life and I hope that scrooge understands that soon.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 01:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Not many people may think that their familly is the greatest thing ever but you got to find out what is most important to stand up for. You don't always stand up, but you should even if it would cost you your life. My familly sacrificed for me and I would do the same, no matter what the cost is. You most likely wouldn't give your own life for anything, but it depends on who you are. Before you immediately blurt out your answer, think of how it would affect others and yourself... How is it that I may be the only one that thinks this way? Probobly because I've been through enough in my life. Some people may say thats crazy, but many others would say I would be a great person some-day or that I am now.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 34

One thing I could not live without is my friends. My friends are very important to me. If I lost any of my friends I would be devestated. THey make me laugh, have fun, and help me through anything.

What matters to me is alot different from Scrooge because he thinks all and only about himself. I think about other people, while he just thinks about himself.What matterms to himm are probablly his servants making sure they do their job so he dosen't have to do any for himself

Friends are important to me because they help me with alot. They help me understand new things and teach me new things. I like being with my friends alot. They make me luagh and we all get along so it is a great time.

If I woke up one day without my friends it would be very hard. I couldnt live one day without any of them. They are like a close family. I hope my friends and I never get split apart.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

What matters most to me is my friends and I having a good time. Also, talking to my dad is important to me because I barely see my dad 1 or 2 months of the whole year. I could not live without my mom who pushes me along and tells me to do my homework. I also couldn't live without my baby brother even though he can get very annoying, and my little sister and she also get annoying. All in all, I couldn't live without my friends and family ever. My answer is different and similar to the scrooge because i couldn't live without other people in my life and he couldn't live without his servants, but its different because I care about my friends like they're my friends and not my slaves like Scrooge.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 06:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

I could not live without food. First becouse its a neccesity and I could litterally not live without it. But say you could survive without food I would stil need it becouse without out it my world would be bleek and unintresting, I would hate my life, and ultamitly not ammount to anything. this differs from scrooge becouse he thinks he couldnt live without riches he despises those who disagree with him in this sense. but really he can live a meeger or poverty stricken life but he's terified of that typ of life thus making him selfesh and greedy.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

What matters in my life? Now, that is definitely a tough question. are definitely one thing; I’d probably go crazy without them. But, the number one thing I couldn’t live without is my family. Without people to care about me, I’d be all alone, scared and frightened. I mean, I’m only twelve, not eighteen; still young enough to depend on other people, right? If nobody around me loved or cared about me, I’d feel really alone, exposed, and definitely vulnerable to the dangers in the world. My family is close to my heart, and I couldn’t survive without them.

In Language Arts, we've been reading A Christmas Carol.  In it,  Scrooge can't live without his money.  If there were one thing I couldn't live without, it'd be my family.  My choice is similar to Scrooge's because I have a lot of family and Scrooge has a lot of money.  However, my choice is also different from Scrooge's.  Scrooge wants money all to himself.  I love my family.  While Scrooge's money won't benefit anybody because he doesn't even want to spend it, if I never had to let go of my family, I might be able to learn how to be nice to my sister (but probably not).  Family will always love you, while money may leave you at the snap of a finger.  Obviously, the fact that I can't live without my family is very different than the fact that Scrooge can't live without his money in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I wouldn't be able to live without the basic things that life just needs. For example; water, food, air, and warmth. But some things that I don't need but couldn't live without is my phone and friends. I owuld get really lonely if I didn't have those things. I would also be bored all the time. I think my answer is different from Scrooge's because all he would say is probably money. He seems to like money a lot since he won't even give any to charity! But I am different from him because I do like Christmas and I am not afraid to donate money. So these are the things I couldn't live without and why my answer would be different from Scrooge.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Scrooge can't live without money or selfishness, but I can't live without God. First of all, humans literally wouldn't exist without God. Also, I would be living a meaningless life with no purpose. I would have selfish desires and have no moral values. Just living with God alone is all I need.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 04:24 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

There are many things I couldnt live without. One of the is my I phone. It is like my entire life it has pretty much everything I do all day. Just like scrooge in the christmas charol he to can not live without something. And for him it is all his wealth. Both of are things are simmilar because of course we can't live without it. But we have a couple diffrences in what we cannot live with out. A diffrence is that he basses his entire life off of money. He even said no to his engaged girl friend and missed his friends funreal just for money. On the other hand I could easily give up my I phone for somone I care about. As you can see scrroge and I have bearly any simmilarites but many diffrences !

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 03:39 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 35

Here in this paragraph, you will read about what really matters to me. So the thing that really matters to me would be my family. This is so because they are always taking care of me. Another reason why they matter to me would be that they help me when I am sick.Also, because they also do a lot of things just for me.So that is what matters to me the most.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 07:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

I could not live without happiness and joy in the world. If there is always depression and sadness, there isn't really a way to make life the way you want it to be unless you have the motivation. This and happiness is given in many ways through family, friends, and the way you choose to live. Happiness and joy is the center of many things because having this affects the way you act and how well you do to live life right. This is different than Scrooge's opinion though because he thinks that money is the reason to all success and that anyone being happy means nothing to him. He works very independently and doesn't care about how the rest of the world is doing as long as his business is still flourishing. He may think that this makes him happy but truly, he is lonely inside. Although this is what he thinks right now, his opinion will change and be similar to mine by the end of the story.

What I couldn't live without is my family. My family is an important part of my life. I love them and in return they love me back. They are always there to support me. My answer would be completely different from Scrooge in the beginning of A Christmas Carol. At the end, he has a change of heart and his answer would change. His answer may become similar to mine.

i could not live without phone. i use my phone 24/7. if i didnt have my phone i would die. im always texting people or talking on the phone with gabby. i am on facebook or playing games. and im always listing to music threw my phone.

One live i couldn't live without one thing, longboarding.  Longboarding is my favorite sport.  Longboarding is like snowboarding, but it is on the road is downhill.  Another thing I couldn't live without is skiing.  Skiing is super fun and I'm really good at it .  These are two things i can't live without.

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 04:06 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

I could NOT live without my little brothers joseph and daniel.. without the my life would not be as crazy as it is now.... another thing I would not leave behind is my tablet... I just love my tablet. It is much better than a cell phone..

I cant live without my family.I love my family soo much and I cant imagine life without them. I would be devastated I would cry everyday. My answer would be way different than scrooge. I think that scrooge would not care at all about family.scrooge would oly care about how much money he had. In his opinion money is the mst important thing in life but in all reality it is not.I mean you need money for shelter food and water but still life is not all about money.

I can not live out medicine, water and food just like others. But if it's just me, I am not sure what I can't live without! All I can think of is food, medicine and water, which I just said at the beginning. So this is the end of this of this blog, because I can't think of anything! Goodbye.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 11:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

The thing that I could not live without is my family because they they are the peolple that help me with everything and they are kind and very thoughtful. Also, I am very thankful for my mom because she saves my butt alot and most of all she loves me. Also, she keeps me on task and helps me when I need help. I am also thankful that my life is good and I have a loving family. I wouldn't of made my family any different than what it is today.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

When I think back to Scrooge and how he has not family or friends, that's the thing I wouldn't be able to live with out. Over the holidays I love spending time with my family and friends. I don't know what I would do with out all of that. The thing I like most about family is when every one at school rejects you, your family won't. It's like no matter how much you mess up or embarrass your self your family still loves you. They and maybe some close friends are the only ones who know who you really are and that's why they love you no matter what. So family and close friends are the most important thing in my life that I couldn't live with out.

What matters most to me is family. If you don't stay in touch with family, you become sad and lonely just like Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol".Family is important because they are the people that love you and love having you around.I think that everyone should stay in touch with family in order to stay happy and loved because family will always be there for you.

A lot of stuff in life matters. Something that I wouldn't be able to live without is my friends and family. It is important to have someone that you can rely on and be loved by. Family is definitely important in life because everyone needs someone to love them. Friends are important because you always need someone who will listen and understand you. This is why I cannot live without family and friends.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 09:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

No matter what I say or do one important thing matters most... I know this sounds cheesy but I wouldn't be able to make it without friends or family. This differs from Scrooge's values in the begining because all he care about is money and wealth. After he had been convinced his values changed and influenced his life.

I could not live without my sister. Scrooge could not live without money and I could not live without my sister. My sister helps me through everything. If I have anything to ask her or i need to talk to her I caRchel and i have problms with my mom and we both talk about it. My sis helps through anything. If she was gone i dont know what i would do. Right now it is hard for me because she is at college. Rachel is someone that matters extremly to me.

In my mind the most important thing in the world is your family. Your parents raised you through all your life, and they never let you go talk to strangers or out of there sight. Siblings may be annoying sometimes, and some peiople want them gone, but if they were gone you would be devistated, and wouyldn't want to go on. That is wehy family is one of the most important things in life.

The one thing that I think that I could not live without is my family. They mean everything to me. Unlike Scrooge I care a lot about my family and love to spend time with them. To him family is nothing and money is everything.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

In my opinion, life would be so depressing without family or friends. Scrooge does not care about his family or friends, he only cares about money, so our answers are complete opposites. If happiness comes from within, then the things that come from your heart should make you happiest. The things that are closest to my heart are the most important.