teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Do I think befor I act? I would like to say yes, but that would be a total lie. I don't always think before I act. When I do the process is long and arduous. However, when I don't think, my response time is faster. Like when my dad cut himself with the ta le saw, I waas halfway upstairs befor I even had time to process what happened. But, when I think it through, my response is more correct, since I have had time to let whatever it is sink in. Once, while playing  laser tag at Mr. Biggs, I had to get control of a twer, but it was heavilly fortified. My best plan of action counted on a few team mates, but it succeded, because I could process what was going on. So yeah, sometimes I do think, and sometimes my body is moving, but it left my brain light years behind.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Our government should spend a budget allowance on certain things. The three most important being education, medicare and technology. I think education should come first because we kids need a proper education to solve all of the problems you are going to leave us with. I think medicare should come next to keep our population healthy and to evolve foreward to avoid biological terrorist attacks. Then comes the technology, espacially because this could lea to energy efficiency, and allow us to have excess rescources, and be able to pay off our national debt.

I believe that athletes are paid too much. I mean, seriously, we pay the president less money than a pro athlete. Some people think athletes are worth what they aer paid. They say that they only get paid what the fans are willing to pay, so the athletes are paid justly. What a load of dung! What about all that money?! We could use it to pay off the national debt! Or help the poor! But noooooooo, we have to give it ot a bunch of bafoons who do waht with it? They spend it on seven cars, for hevean's sake seven cars! we should use that money for better stuff, not paying bozos.

Article posted February 15, 2012 at 03:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Most thoughts are shallow. Yet a few thoughts, a few priveledged thoughts are deeper than the seas. One such tought is, what is our purpose in this world? Some might say that we are meant to be the defenders of this land. Another thought is how big is the universe? most scientists will answer, bigger than we can measure. However, they don't all have to be questions. We can also think about doing things, such as pushing foreward clean energy, and multiple other things. Tough most thoughts are shallow, those privellaged few are forever deep

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 02:46 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

The song "Closer to the Truth" by cryoshell trully is a text to world connection. What is the truth behind the american economy? What is the ugly truth about all of those oppresive leaders in the east? Sometimes the answer is easy to find. Other times, not so much. Though we think we know the truth, how many times have you trully asked yourself, "is this the real truth?" That's what the american people are beginning to realize about the lies politicians say. The economy can be fixed in 4 years. Wrong, it will take 40 years to return the economy to what it once was. Replace one appliance in your kitchen and save hundreds! Wrong again, to doi that you would need to sell all fo your kitchen appliances. The world today is full of lies. Now, our job is to get, "Closer to thr Truth"

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 01:36 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

My class is reading "A Christmas Carol", where Scrooge thinks that money is important. This makes us woonder, what really is important in life? To me food wter and shelter is important, but these are just essential to live a lonley life. What truly is necessary is family and friends, to stand by your side through hard times. this is what one needs in life and I hope that scrooge understands that soon.

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 05:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

What makes a good mystery setting? Plenty of examples surround us, even when we don't see them. Take a foggy day. As you sit at the window a strange man dressed in a black overcoat, wearing sunglasses and a black hat walks by, and a thousand questions fly through your head. Who is he? What is he doing? Where is he going? Another example comes from a video game about dogfighting. On the mission, your job is to escort three aircraft carriers through a pass. Then, the enemy attacks, and its a foggy day, where you cant see more than 20 feet in front.That just yells at me, "Mystery!", and I might be assuming too much, but when someone attacks you or your crew, on a foggy day, something isn't right. I guess that I'm just trying to say that you want mysteries, you don't have to go far to get them. Just be vigilant and you'll be a sherlock holmes in no time.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 03:48 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

Fear affects me in very peculiar ways. It influences my decisions by overriding my controls. Fear, in essence is simply something we do not understand or something with wich we have had a previous bad experience. Take ghosts as an example. We are all afraid of them, yet what are they? are they visitors from another dimension, or hellish forces here to eliminate us. Perhaps they simply have unfinished buisness on earth. Yet the thing we fear most, often happens to be ourselves. ghosts are a figment of the imagination. Yes we have so-called proof, but what it really is, is just a bird in the branches of a tree for the shadow, or incorrectly stacked boxes for the noise, even the wind is a ghost, moving doors at night.Another example is the hound of the baskervilles. What did those three people really see, that looked like a beastial dog? could it be a bear, or simply the result of an overactive mind.I don't know yet, so those theories are still out there, but a huge dog, living on the moors of england sure sounds incomprehensible to me. fear affects me by taking choices. belief in the super natural for one, or simply the choice to run for my life. Fear  is both wonderful and lethal at the same time. Fear is unique, and something we will always take for granted.

If I were to hire myself, I would do it with some reluctance. The reason is that I can be a little childish at time, and immature, but I will work hard. Right now, I need to focuson getting straight A+s to get my blackberry torch 9180. When I want to seriously get to a place I'll get there.My reluctance is because of my foolhardiness and short attention span.However, my ideas can be amazing and I can inspire others to keep on going. All in all I would hire myself but keep my imagination at work so that I don't goof off.

Article posted August 24, 2011 at 03:41 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 35

For me school is a very good place to be and spend time in.First of all, my favorite thing is the friends you meet. This depends on the fact thatschool puts you in an area with people that you've never met, and end up being friends with.Also, the knowledge you gain is fantastic.vocab and facts get to be very interesting when you really want to learn.the staff here is also very cool. Mrs.thomassen has alot of fun in class, while mrs.hagerman is very proficient and knows what she's doing, whiler Mrs.bartek was a commander in challenger. i'm very glad that school exists, otherwise there would be no world.