Article posted May 8, 2012 at 02:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 187

Prometheus and Orpheus both made discisions that question whether or not they truly thought through thier actions before they performed them.  Both Prometheus and Orpheus were characters in ancient greek myth's which taught lessons to the greek's about obedience and discipline amongst other imoportant character traits.  Prometheus and Orpheus did not follow these guidelines and both suffered drastic consequences, Yet did they think before they put thier actions in to play? No, neither of them thought through the potential consequences that thier actions might provoke. This is clearly evident by thier actions. Overall there was no clear thought process put in to thier actions.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 01:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I am Prometheus!  I am the one who gave man fire.  I think that i sometimes think before I act and other times I don't.  I thought about asking all of those anoying questions to Zues and thought it would be hilarious.  And it was.  Although I did not listen to Zues when he said NOT to give fire to man because I thought it would make watching them more interesting.  Not thinking before I acted was how I ended up at the top of a mountain with two vultures picking at my stomach.  Ishould think before I act and should not do what I am told not to do.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 82

Do I think befor I act? I would like to say yes, but that would be a total lie. I don't always think before I act. When I do the process is long and arduous. However, when I don't think, my response time is faster. Like when my dad cut himself with the ta le saw, I waas halfway upstairs befor I even had time to process what happened. But, when I think it through, my response is more correct, since I have had time to let whatever it is sink in. Once, while playing  laser tag at Mr. Biggs, I had to get control of a twer, but it was heavilly fortified. My best plan of action counted on a few team mates, but it succeded, because I could process what was going on. So yeah, sometimes I do think, and sometimes my body is moving, but it left my brain light years behind.

If promethus was asked Do you think before you act he would respond sometimes. He would say this becouse he mustve known that he would be punished for giving the humans fire. But he made conseice decsion to help humans out. but i dont think he thought it out well enough. if he had he couldve escaped from zeus and still given us fire. I think promethus was a tad spontanus but still did think some before he acted. 

How would Prometheus answer the question: "Do you think before you act?" I think he would answer: "yes." He did think before he acted. He thought about it all night while he lay on his couch. Zeus said man wasn't happy, but Prometheus saw a different side to the story. He knew that man needed fire to prosper and advance further in their civilizations. I think he knew that Zeus would punish him. Not specifically how, but just in general. He did what he did for the good of man, and they thrived into what we are now. He made a good choice when he gave man fire. Where would be be now without it?

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 03:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 99

Do I think before I act? Yes, I do. I thought about how to get to the Underworld before I did it. I thought about looking back for Eurydice before I did it. However, I don't always completely think through it. I completely thought through how I would distract and mesmerize everybody with my music. However, love blinded me at one point. Hades promised me that if I didn't look back, Eurydice would come. I almost made it. But I didn't trust, or follow directions. I did think about it. I thought about how Hades might be playing a trick on me. I thought about how a peek wouldn't hurt. I didn't think about how if Eurydice was following, I would be punished, though. She was following, and had I taken just mere steps more, I'd have had her. I looked back, and I saw her there, as a spirit. I was punished in that Eurydice went back. So, I learned my lesson. Completely think through something before you act, because though I think before I act, I'm not thourough enough, and this cost me my lover as well as my life.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I don't think Prometheus or Orpheus thinks before they act. For example, when Orpheus is walking from out of the Underworld with Eurydice right behind him, he made the wrong decision by looking back. if he had thought about what he was doing, he probably wouldn't have looked back. Prometheus was bored of the humans and wanted to introduce fire to them, but Zeus warned him not to. If Prometheus had thought about what would happen if he put fire on Earth, he probably wouldn't have. But, he was so blinded by his desire to make things more interesting, that he went ahead and paid the price. Prometheus and Orpheus both suffered the consequences of not listening or thinking before they acted.

Recently in language arts we read a story about Promethues and Orpheus. The thing i'm going to tell you now is how each character fits the "Do you think before you act?" question. For Promethues, I would say no because he disobeyed Zeus and gave man the gift of fire which he got punished for. Also, Promethues didn't think before he acted because he disobeyed Hades which caused him to die. So that is why I think Promethues and Orpheus didn't think before they acted.

As Prometheus, I would definitely answer no to the question: "Do you think before you act?". This is because knowing that Zeus hates questions, he annoys him with the questions bothering him most. He doesn't give a thought about what this will do to hurt him in the long run. Also after hearing Zeus' orders, he didn't even consider the consequences of his actions of defying them. He did plan out his idea of how to get the fire to the people, and it was successful, but however, he did not predict what would happen to him after Zeus found out what he had done or if Zeus' envision of the effects was true. Now look where that's gotten him, stuck on a mountain peak while vultures eat his liver. If he had thought about the consequences, he would have obviously acted differently.

no i dont think that he thnks before he acts. he should start to because thats why he died. kay bye.

If I were one of those two charachters and I was asked if I think before I act, I would say "No, I don't think before I act." I would say that because in the two staries both of them did the opposite of what they were told.  THis is what I woould say if i were one of those two character..

If i was Prometheus and they asked me "Do I think before you act?". Well I would say that i do in someways... I didn't think before i acted when I  made fire..... I was just trying to get Zues mad at me.... In my consequence I was followed by two vultures to hover over me and tearing at my stomach . Also the vultures were eating at my liver. Prometheus was killed by two vultures.

If I were Prometheus I would say "Yes I do think befor I act, Im Prometheus son of a legendary god, and you say I dont think befor I act, shame on you."

Dear Reader,

I think all of us need to learn to think befor we act. For example some people aproched my friend in a neggitv maner and she got in troble. so if we think befor we act we could prevent this.

Skylar

Think before you act is a huge part of are vocabulary.  Alot of people are told that either by a school, teacher, peers, and even alot of friends may tell you that. I have saved my self many times from peer presure.  You may not seem like the coolest kid in the world, but in the long run it will most likely pay off. So the next  time you are stuck in a odd situation make sure you 100% think it through BEFORE YOU ACT.

I think that Prometheus from the myth we read did not think before he acted. Prometheus stole fire to give to the people just to make Zeus mad. I think that Prometheus also did not think of how powerful Zeus was and what he could do to him.Prometheus did not think of the concequences of his actions and he was then tortured. It is very important to think before you act or something bad could happen to you just like prometheus.

In the ancient myth, Prometheus was a very short tempered person. When Zeus didn't tell him what he wanted, he thought without acting. With out listening to wisdom, he took maters into his own hands. Though he had no idea how badly the re precautions were going to be. I think that some times when I'm mad, I don't think about what I'm doing and act foolishly. It's best to reflect for a minute on how the out come of the circumstance could end up. I think that is something I need to work on when I don't get my way. Just like Prometheus. So I think that most times than others I reflect on what I'm doing. Though the hardest times are when I'm mad.

I promethus do not think before i act! I Was told not to do something or there would be great conquenses if i did. I deiced to do it anyways. I ended up getting my liver eaten by vultures. So i do not think before i act

In my mind Prometheus does not think before he speaks. For example trying to disobey the most powerful god that is going to get you in huge trouble. When you do not think before you act the consequences get worse and you are more likely to get injured. I belive he had whatever Zues's punishment coming for him, because s=Zues strikely sad do not give humans fire and of cource he gives them fire to annoy Zues. That is why I think he does not think before he acts

If I was Prometheus I would most likely have answered yes, but I would have only said so to make myself look better. As prometheus I would like to make my image more appealing. I rarely think before I act and am therefore cause a lot of trouble. Thinking before I act could help me to be smarter and not a troublemaker.

If I was Orpheus,I would most likely say that I do think before I act.most of the time I think before I act, but on a rare occasion, I act impulsively. One example of this is when I turned around when I should not have. A counterexample of this is when I decided to marry Eurydice.