Article posted April 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 159

There is one thing that  I think that would be good to use in a speech.  It is facebook pages for kids.  Many people have them but lots of others don't.  There are two sides, the ones who think that they are perfect fine for kids, and the ones who think that they are not prefectly safe for kids to use and chat with friends.  This topic would be good because you can use presuasive elements to convince the other side to your side.  This would be a good topic for our class because many people in our class I am sure have facebook pages.  These are the reasons I think that facebook pages for kids would be a good speech topic.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 02:55 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

I believe that we should have a game day. Some people just need to relax a few more hours to just mess around instead working every single second of the day. It would help me and some others relax and get away from the stress. If you support this idea, leave a comment below and this may become a reality.

Article posted April 14, 2012 at 02:14 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

In my opinion, a good persuasive speech topic would have to be... to read books. I feel that not many people, particularly the male population in our age group, read a lot of books. All they're interested in are bloody video games and whatnot. Books are educational as well as fun. While reading, you are expanding your vocabulary, being exposed to new styles of writing, and just fixing up your writing skills in general. Books don't have to be boring poop, you know. If you have trouble, just ask anyone around you to recommend a good series for you. That's how I find new books to read. Just because you haven't found the right book doesn't mean it's not out there. You just have to keep looking. Finally, reading is exciting. It can take you on exciting adventures. If you delve deep enough into the book, you can actually feel what the character is feeling. Excitement, fear, depression, or just plain neutral. You can even see what the character sees by imagining it in your head. All in all, read. It's a very good idea.

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

When I want to hear or give a persuasive speech, I favor some specific topics. One is politics. There is always a lot going on and changing in this subject, so every time somebody gives a speech about it, it will be different. Also, product comparisons are interesting. Everybody has different oppinions on which of two or more similar products is the best. Finally, restaurant comparisons are great, too. It's always interesting to hear why somebody likes one ice cream parlor better than another. Obviously, there are several extremely interesting topics for persuasion.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I think doing a speech on less homework would be interesting and hopefully, very effective. I've noticed my brother gets hardly any sleep because he has so much homework, and I'm worried that that will be me in the future years. studies have actually shown that you can get diseases just from lack of sleep. Also, over the years the homework load and the expectations have grown higher for kids in school. They think a better education is more work. Mrs. Thomassen, I know it's good to have some homework, but not so much that we won't have any lives or any freetime. we already go to school 7 hours a day, and teachers think there shouldn't be a break, but we are only 12 and 13 year old kids=http://!!!! Ok so I hope you take this into consideration, but don't think i'm meaning this in an offensive way. Goodbye

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

Here in this paragraph you'll read about why I think its important for us to start manufacturing most of our products. Reason number 1, we are trillions of dollars in debt to China so we shouldn't continue increasing the debt. Next, if we start making our own products it will create more jobs for our country.My last reason is that if we do this, we will become more independent and we'll not be as dependent as we are now.So that is a speech topic that is really important to me.

For my persuasive topic in Language Arts where we must do a 2-3 minute persuasion I chose to do the topic of sporting items. In the topic of sporting items I decided to persuade people to buy the product of under armour. Here is a few reasonsi will let people know that they should buy under armour. Under armour costs less than the leading brand and has much better quality. If you buy our product we will send you coupons in the mail. Our brand has a longer warranty and will last longer.We also have many followers that believe our product is by far better feeling and such forth. Those are a few thing I will mention in my speech along with a few more statements.

Article posted April 15, 2012 at 05:58 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 47

How do you get someone to take action or agree with you? You must have good, logical reasoning so that you can win over. In class, we have been exploring persuasive topics such as athletes' salaries and how comercials convince you to buy things. There are many different topics that you can argue and persuade people about but there is one that would be the most interesting topic to talk about in class. It is if the school year schedule should be year-round and have many more breaks every month or if it should be the way we have it right now- have school all the time but not in the summer with smaller breaks for each season. First of all, it would be a good topic because everyone can relate to it. We are all students and teachers, so sometime or another, we will want more breaks and free time. The two choices in this topic would be very hard to decide between, because it gives equal total lengths of breaks, but some are shorter or more spread out over time. This way, there will be a close to even amount of people choosing either side. In addition, there can be a variety of opinions and reasons for everyone's choice. You could give many reasons for each preference going both ways. This would make it a very exciting debate and would need many persuasive techniques to convince the other side. Overall, even though there are many topics that we could speak on, this topic could be the most interesting.

I beleve I cold wright a desent speach on why to days uth should be interdust to hunting. I bealeve this would work becase theere are alot of resons why. for exsample theres tradion and the bonding of the yong hunter and his or her mentor.

i think that sharpies are better than markers. we should all use sharpies instead of markers. markers are smelly and messy and just dont work. markers are stupid. sharpies are shiny and work good. there enjoyable. thats why sharpies are better then stupid smelly markers. (:

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

I think I might do my speech on my favorite sport, longboarding.When I longboard, all my problems dissapear. Not many people lonngboard, but people should try it and will probobly feel the same way.  Longboarding is a good way to get active and outside.  THIs is what I am going to do my speech on.

Article posted April 14, 2012 at 07:42 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 43

I would love to hear a speech about "Why Teenagers and kids should NOT watch adult movies and shows". I peersonally think these movies anad shows are very inapropriate to kids for three reasons. First of all these kids bring this stuff the movie or show is showing them to school.So they are basically copying what the movie or show is doing.  The parents of that child should remember if they bring that stuff to school, then the kid will get in trouble. Secondly, children shouldn't even be viewing that stuff. Lastly, I think parents should have locks on the television or computer so their kid shouldn't be watching that stuff. Here are the three reasons why i think Kids and Teenagers should not watch adult programing.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 03:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I think that a good persuasive topic would be why we should ban single use plastic bags. I think this is a good topic because it has two opposing sides. some people think that single use plastic bags are convenient and others find it bad for the environment. The environment is a very controversial topic and I think it would be great to write about. The average american citizen uses approximately 500 single use plastic bags a year! In my opinion that is terrible and it needs to be changed. That is why I think that this would be a good persuasive topic.

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I find that a good topic for a persuasive speech would be children and teens should be allowed to listen to music during school (as long as they pay attetion in class). Many types of music can stimulate learning and focus to education. Also-according to a recent poll I conducted- with a feeling of more freedom, 8 out of 10 teenagers will be more likely to complete other more important things than rebelling. I would like to hear a speech about some clubs and why we should join. I'm always looking for fun things to do!

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 02:41 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

I would have to say i would love to talk about school. Everyone has said i dont like school or i dont wanna go to school. Think about it we are lucky to go to school. we overlok the little things. Like when we are mad at our parnents for not getting us a video game. some kids are starving and have nothing to do, when we are complaning that theres not enough food. I could keep going but i will stop for now!!

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 54

Several good topics for a persuasive speech would be persuading someone to play a certain sport, or to play an instrument, or to join a club. It would be easy to persuade someone to play a sport because you could use the bandwagon appeal with the major league players. You could persuade someone to play an instrumente because of pride(vanity). You could use both of those appeals to persuade someone to join a club. Those would be very easy topics.