teacher: Lisa Thomassen

The Budget of the Federal Government

What is the most important part of society in the United States? The government is taking tax money away and spending it on what, fighting in another country! I think the top three priorities for budget in the United States of America should be education, heathcare, and social security. I would not fund defence first unless there was some sort of attack on the U.S. itself. Education should be our major prioritie because the next generation is who will be leading the country and the world and finding cure for cancer and other medical problems. Heathcare is way too expensive. In Canada heathcare is mostly free where as in the U.S. it cost a lot and is almaost always too expensive for the normal American. Social security should be better because the people who protect us and have been injured doing something for our country are having a hard time paying pills. In the end what do we the tax payers really pay for? Ask yourself and think about what we really should be paying for.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 09:20 AM • comment (1) • Reads 34 • see all articles