teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 01:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I am Prometheus!  I am the one who gave man fire.  I think that i sometimes think before I act and other times I don't.  I thought about asking all of those anoying questions to Zues and thought it would be hilarious.  And it was.  Although I did not listen to Zues when he said NOT to give fire to man because I thought it would make watching them more interesting.  Not thinking before I acted was how I ended up at the top of a mountain with two vultures picking at my stomach.  Ishould think before I act and should not do what I am told not to do.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 49

There is one thing that  I think that would be good to use in a speech.  It is facebook pages for kids.  Many people have them but lots of others don't.  There are two sides, the ones who think that they are perfect fine for kids, and the ones who think that they are not prefectly safe for kids to use and chat with friends.  This topic would be good because you can use presuasive elements to convince the other side to your side.  This would be a good topic for our class because many people in our class I am sure have facebook pages.  These are the reasons I think that facebook pages for kids would be a good speech topic.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

What is the most important part of society in the United States? The government is taking tax money away and spending it on what, fighting in another country! I think the top three priorities for budget in the United States of America should be education, heathcare, and social security. I would not fund defence first unless there was some sort of attack on the U.S. itself. Education should be our major prioritie because the next generation is who will be leading the country and the world and finding cure for cancer and other medical problems. Heathcare is way too expensive. In Canada heathcare is mostly free where as in the U.S. it cost a lot and is almaost always too expensive for the normal American. Social security should be better because the people who protect us and have been injured doing something for our country are having a hard time paying pills. In the end what do we the tax payers really pay for? Ask yourself and think about what we really should be paying for.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 02:39 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

We have recently read an artical in LA about the salaries of pro athletes called"Do Professional Athletes Get Paid Too Much?" by Justin Hjelm. The artical states that most pro athletes get paid over 2 million dollars, compared to the people who save lives every day like surgeons that get paid 182,690 dollars. The artical also staits that when the athletes salaries went down due to a problem in the leage that the athletes complained. One even complained about how he could not pay for the insurence for his EIGHT cars. I mean really who needs EIGHT cars!!!! This shows that when the pro football, basketball, baseball, and other athletes lose their money to live the good life thet freak out and say they are going to go bankrupt. Another fact is that the people finding a cure for cancer get paid not even half of what the pro athletes get paid!!! We need entertainment but the cost should not be high. In conclusion I think that pro athletes get paid way too much money for what they are worth!!

c) What were the causes of World War I? How are those similar or different from the causes of The Battle of the Five Armies? Did the real war or the imaginary one end up better? How so?

World War I was caused by the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary in Sarajevo. The assasin Gunned him on June 28, 1914 and was apart of a terrorist organization in Serbia. It was believed by Austria-Hungry that Serbia's government was behind the assassination. This is the main cause of World War I.

The cause of the fictional war "War of Five Armies" was simply gold. That is all it was. the five different armies just wated to get all the priceless jewellry, jewells and gold from inside Lonely Mountain. This war only lasted one day where as World War I lasted 4 days.

The fictional war was better because it only lasted 1 day and not as many people got killed.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 03:34 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 36

In LA we read a poem called "Holes in Your Sidewalk".  It means what you keep doing that is pulling you down in life.  The hole in my sidewalk is arguing with my brother.  I fall in because he always gets what he wants no matter what!  Also he never shares anything.  He hogs the TV all day long so I never get to watch anything unless my parents kick him off the TV.  I do realize that I sometimes I do that and that I should be nice. In conclusion I think we should both be nicer to eachother and get rid of both of the holes in our sidewalks.

A Storm Called Change

At first it was predicted to not be in range.

Years of lies and deceit

We had taken enough but scared to fight back, scared of defeat.

Years passed and years went.

Now all the money is gone and spent.

The storm grew slowly but is now out of control.

It started as a whimper and over the years grew into a vigilant patrol.

When I heard of the storm it made my heart ring think “could this be what I was waiting for? ”

The people have woke up and realized the storm is at their door.

“The storm is coming the storm is near.”

The time has come it’s time for change.

It’s never too late in this day and age.

A storm is approaching its called change.

Juan Socarraz

In this poem the author states that change is like a storm. Change starts small and grows bigger and bigger till it reaches your door step where you have to make a choice. This poem relates to the world because when chage starts some people don't notice and then it the change gets bigger and then people change.

In A Christmas Carol the main character learns what really maters in life.  He learns that he can not live without his family.  My answer is that I could not live without my family and friends.  With out them I would be lost in life.  My answer is similar by both me and him need our families.

Kayla  Dec. 5, 2011

Article posted November 14, 2011 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

A perfect setting for a mystery is scary, spooky, and makes you look behind your shoulder to see if anything is there. I think that a perfect setting for a mystey would be in the middle of the woods at midnight. This is a good setting because many weird things happen in the woods. Here is a description. A dark pine woods on a Saturday night, only the charecter is out in the woods. They are all alone aand here so many creepy sounds. This is my description of a mysterious setting and why it would be perfect. 

Fear can make you do crazy things. One thing that happens is you start to belief in things that are not true. After that you usually make others look like it is them people around you that don't look like they are doing "normal" stuff. You feel as though they are the ones or one doing everything to you and it is their fault. Fear does many things to you, but it mostly makes you lose your common sense.