-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

This year was supposed to be fun for Rory and Derek’s summer. But there was a problem a very big problem. They had to meet a new girl in town named Bolivia. But Derek and Rory didn’t want to meet her. But as usual Rory’s mother forced them to, even though they didn’t want to.

The next day it was time for them to meet Bolivia but at the same time they had another friend that wanted them to go to his house. So they decided to go to hi house instead spending a whole summer sunny day with a girl. But when they arrived to their friend’s house they wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

Then they thought to themselves maybe it wasn’t a horrible idea about meeting Bolivia. So when they got out of their friend’s houses they decided to go to Bolivia’s house. When they got to Bolivia’s house they knocked on the door but just before they knocked on the door they made a promise to not talk to Bolivia. Then the door opened Bolivia’s mother shouted out “welcome!”.

They stepped into the house and sat down on a char. Bolivia’s father yelled out, The hamburgers are ready!! They asked Rory and Derek how did they like there hamburger they said with everything. Finally it was time for them to eat. Then just when Rory was about to talk to Bolivia Derek whispered into Rory’s ear remember when we made a promises about not talking to Bolivia Rory said ya.

Then they began to stuff food into their mouths so they would not be able to talk to Bolivia and just when they were about to go home Bolivia’s mother yelled don’t leave now it is time for the cake!!Rory and Derek could not miss the cake. When they were done eating cake they had to go home.

Do you know how the racers and dogs are safe in the Jr. Iditarod?? If you don’t then I am going to tell you. I hope you enjoy my essay!!

Did you know that every single racer carry’s 2lbs of hamburger meat per dog? So he would carry 20 lbs. of hamburger meat and dry food. You won’t see a racer carrying a gallon of water. The way they get water is by melting snow.

Another way they keep the racers safe is using checkpoints. You’re probably thinking how checkpoints are safe. Well I have a good reason if a racer is lost the people at the checkpoint say, “he should be here by now”. Then they go and look for him.

Also at the checkpoints the racers check there dogs for web cracks and splits. If they do find any web cracks they put on booties to protect their feet while they run. If the find any splits in their feet they put on ointment.

When the racers get to the half way point they are required to stay at the half way point 10 hours. At the half way point the can feed the dogs check there feet for web cracks and splits there is a log cabin where visitors can stay but not the racers they are also required to stay with the dogs and sleep with them they lay down hay to keep warmth.

So have you learned how the racers and dogs are protected? If you have, then good. Now you might want to watch an Iditarod race to see if they do it the way I had told you they did. Once again I hope you enjoyed reading my essay. Thank you!!

Dear Parents,

Mom and Dad, I am going to write to you about something I need. I really need an iPod Touch I will do whatever it takes to get one.

To get that iPod that I want I will clean my room whenever it gets dirty. I will pick up whatever is on the floor. I will listen whenever you call me. I will take care of my sisters and clean that house when you tell me too I will do whatever it takes TO GET ONE!

If you get me one I will put appropriate apps like reading, math, science, and other school apps. I could also use to put my notes of school and I promise I will take good care of it if you guys buy me an iPod touch.

Another thing is that I think that I am responsible enough to have one. I will buy a case with my own money. The way I am going to raise the money is make a lemonade stand or sell your delicious lemon cake that you make. Another thing to raise the money is by making a yard sell, like the things that I don’t need or thing that I don’t want. I will be nice to my sister and brother, I know I have been mean to them, but I love them inside me. Also if I get it I will share with you, my sisters, and my brother. I will take it on family vacations just in case of my sister’s get very bored. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! I will do whatever you want just pretty please with chary on the top! Buy me an IPOD TOUCH! And if you do I will be the happiest girl ever. So please buy me one.

There was a boy who loved blue

He loved to play with his ball that was new

But he lost it one day

So he went away

Then he wrote a haiku

The Sun

Big bright shiny orange ball.

Can you guess what it is? The sun. The sun is a big bright ball of fire that sparkles every

Where around us.

By: Fatima Zepeda

By: Fatima Zepeda

Art

Art is fun to do

Texture in many drawings

Colors all around

Flowers

Flowers surround me

Bountiful colors around

Big and small flowers

Lights

Bright light are flashing

Colorful light around me

Sparkling lights shine

School

Reading, Writing, Math

Going to school is fun

Kids running around

Valentines

Beautiful red hearts

Cupid flying all around

Valentines is here

On one sunny warm day Otto and I were just arriving to our new home. But I was so bored because Otto kept on talking he would not stop bragging about that it would take a lot of time build a new house and I farm. But I just felt like leveling him there and going back home with my family.

But I was out of luck because right when we got off of the wagon one of the wagons wheel broke I was so mad because I was still stuck with Otto. The next day Otto got up early to start building our new home. At list he was doing something besides talking that was a good thing. The next day I was very tried because I could not sleep because Otto was still working with our new home.

The next day our new home was half way finish that night me and Otto began to small smoke we ran outside and all of our crops were Bern in that moment I thought of the box but Otto told me no we could do this on our own so I let him do what he wanted to do the next day I was very hungry me and Otto ate a sandwich but we were rationing our food so we would have enough food for each day. That afternoon Otto finally fished our new home we were so happy that we had now a new kitchen a new living room we were really to start our new life.

Day passed and there was a new member in our family our new baby child we were now oafishly a new family and soon there was a baby girl coming and we lived happily ever after

The End

Dear Grandmother,

Grandmother I am on a trip on the Mayflower. I am very screed because the rain has not calmed down. It is a very bad storm. My sister Camilla has been very sick and we don’t have any medicine. It has been a rough week. We always need to stay below deck to stay out of the captain’s way. For weeks we have been eating the same food and finally my mom washed our clothes. I went up on the deck to stretch my legs and right when I thought my feet and shoes were dry, a storm was coming near.

Oh I did not tell you, last time during a storm my father was swapped over deck. I felt like I was never going to see him again. Then as I thought I was never going to see him again some men came and threw a rope and he got it and his life was saved. Me and my brother and sister and mother hugged the men and thanked them for saving his life. After that is was time for us to go down deck again to stay out of the captain’s way. Then more storm was coming I yelled, “Storm is coming! ‘’ and that is all grandmother. We all miss you.

Love Fatima Zepeda

Ben Franklin had many big ideas. He thought that electricity and lightening was the same thing. He proved it by using a lightening rod and a bell. The lightening struck the rod and made the bell ring.

Ben Franklin was also involved in politics. He lived in England and America. He went France join America in the war. Finlay Ben Franklin help to right the U.S Constitution. The U.S Constitution was written to describe what the United States would be like.

Here is how the Everglades were crated. First the seashells formed a rock called the limestone on the sea bottom. Then over the eons the sea lowered down and the rock became land and formed the Florida peninsula. Also the rain eroded holes in the limestone and this is how Lake Okeechobee was made. Over time the lake filled water. After a while the water of the lake spilled. The Lake over filled and became a river that seeped one hundred miles down the peninsula from the Lake Okeechobee to the florid bay. The river was fifty miles wide and only six inches deep in most places.

What makes a good story? I think that to make a good story you need to make it fun and exciting for the reader. When you make a story you need to have a title for the story. I also think that you need to make the reader not let it go for one second. I think that you should entertain the reader so he or she won’t say that book was very boring.

This is what Ben Jonson meant when he said Shakespeare was not of an age, but for all time. He was popular in the 1500s for his poetry and plays also he is a man that will never be forgotten. William is famous for his plays and poetry because people still read his plays and poetry. He also helped people build the Globe which became famous because of his plays.

In my group we want to entertain people. We don’t want them to be bored and we also don’t want them to fall asleep. We want to make it very very fun, awesome and exciting for them. We also want it to be the best thing for them.