Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Do you know Ben Franklin's big ideas? I’m going to tell you about a few. I think you will really like them.

Did you know that Ben Franklin published the first almanac? He published the first edition in 1733. Ben called it the poor Richards’s almanac. Ben was selling 10000 copies every year. In his almanac he put sayings, the weather, when to plant and way more things.

You probably know that Ben Franklin discovered that lightning and electricity are the same. Many people thought he was crazy trying to prove they were the same. To prove he was right he flew a kite on a stormy day with a piece of medal at the end and got the electrical shock.

If you didn’t know Ben Franklin was a very good negotiator. He went to France and talked them in joining the war against England. France send Ben money guns and troops to America.
These were some of bens big ideas. If it weren’t for Ben Franklin, the king of England would still be our king. We should thank Ben Franklin.

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM • comment • Reads 37 • see all articles