-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

OXYGEN

I chose oxygen because it’s what we breathe and I thought it was interesting.

Oxygen was discovered by Joseph Priestly in 1774. The atomic number: 8, the atomic mass: 15.9994 AMU. The melting point is: -218.4˚C (54.750008 k, -361. 12 ˚F) The Boiling point is: -183.0 ˚C (90.15 k,-297.4˚F) Oxygen does not have a Freezing point.

Joseph Priestly was born: March 13, 1733 in a country near England. He died February 6, 1804. Joseph was in the fields of science.

HELIUM

I chose helium because its one of the dangerous elements.

Helium was discovered by Sir William Ramsay in 1895. The atomic number is 2, the atomic mass: 4.002602 AMU. The melting point is: - 272.0 ˚C (1.15 k, -457.6˚F). The Boiling point is: -268.93. Helium does not have a freezing point because it is a gas.

Helium was discovered by Sir William Ramsay. Sir William Ramsay was born October 2, 1852. He died July 23, 1916.

He will be remembered forever

SODIUM

I chose sodium because I thought it was interesting.

Sir Humphrey Davey discovered sodium. The atomic number of sodium is 11. The symbol of sodium is NA. The melting point of sodium is 97.81. The boiling point is 882.9˚C. Sodium is used in glass. It is created in nature.

Babe Ruth

I am going to tell you why I chose Babe Ruth. I chose Babe Ruth because I like base ball. Did you know that Babe Ruth got in the base ball hall of fame?

Did you know Babe Ruth played with the Boston red socks? Then in 1914 Babe Ruth went with the Boston red socks. He lasted 5yrs with Boston and then he moved to New York Yankees.

I didn’t know that Babe Ruth was married. He had two wives and their names are: Helen Woodford (first wife) Claire Ruth (second wife). He had two daughters named: Julia and Dorothy Ruth. Babe Ruth was born on February 6, 1895 and died August 16 1948 at the age 53.

Babe Ruth will be remembered forever.

Summer at the Hospital

After the boys went to Bolivia’s house and played with Lucette and Bolivia.

They made plans to go to the pool. They decided to go on Saturday. The boys ask Bolivia if she wanted to go to. She said “I need to ask my mother” she said. It was Friday said Rory so they called Bolivia she said that her mother had said “yes.” The next day they go to Bolivia's house to go to the pool.

So they arrived to the pool. Derek was exited to swim in the pool. As they got inside Derek was wearing his trunks and his shirt. So Derek just jumped inside the pool he didn’t care if it was cold. Derek started swimming Rory was waiting for Bolivia to change so they can go in the pool at the same time. Derek suddenly didn’t swim and he was under the water.

Rory called the fire department and they said they’ll be their in a few minutes Rory jumped in the pool and got Derek out of the pool just when that happened the ambulance arrived. They rushed to Derek and they did mouth to mouth and Derek was alive but they put him on a gurney, and took him to the hospital and Bolivia came out and said “where is Derek!” Rory said “he drowned in the pool and the ambulance took him away.” Bolivia called her mom to take Rory and Bolivia to the hospital.

A few more minutes and Bolivia's mom arrives and takes them to the hospital. Derek's parents were their Derek looked sad. He was going to go home later that day. Bolivia and Rory got Derek a get well soon card. A couple of hours later Derek went home. Their summer was great.

Dear Mom and Dad,

The reason of this letter is to explain how much this is important, that you guys buy me an app on my ipod for reading,math,and science. With these applications I can study when ever I want and where ever I'm at. This can help me become a better student. This does not cost alot of money. With these applications I can review what I have learned the day before and I can learn something new. Like for example: when I'm on vacation, summer break,and spring break. I can study and review for A.I.M.S so I can be ready and I want good grades so when I go to college so I can get a Scholarship. I hope this letter has persuaded you. I love you both.

Sincerly,Andres

There was a rat

He was extremly fat

He lived in a house

His BFF was mouse

He got eaten by a cat

There was a rat

He ate a hat

He lived in a house

His BFF was mouse

He got eaten by a cat, that was the end of the rat

Dolphins are mammals

Dolphins live in the ocean

They eat baby sharks

January 16, 1620

Dear Joel,

I can’t believe I’m on an adventure; I’m on the Mayflower because our old land got flooded. Today is January 23, 1620 it’s been a week since we left land. It’s cold outside. My family is Mikailah, my mom, my cousin Adrian, and my sister Maya. We are starving, we have to eat biscuits and cheese.

My cousin and I were playing and the sailor said, “a storm is coming.” The sailors were in a hurry to get the sails down. Everybody ran inside for shelter, me and my cousin were still playing outside and my mom called us to go inside. She said, “Hurry inside children.” We ran inside.

Then the storm grew larger and a man named Fernando fell overboard. The sailor couldn't find the life raft and Fernando was drowning, everyone was worried. The sailor said, "found it!” but the sailor tripped and I got the life raft and I threw it to Fernando. The sailor got up and helped me pull Fernando to safety. Fernando was cold and he was shivering.

Finally the storm ended, everyone was cheering. But Fernando was sick and died. One of the sailors said, “Land ahead.” We have to sleep now but the problem is: we have to sleep in a cramped place.

The next morning the sailor said “Land ho!” Some men went to see if the land was dangerous. After three hours the men came back and everyone got out of the Mayflower. Our mother washed the clothes we wore for TWO MONTHS! My cousin and I were swinging on vines.

Sincerely,

Andres

Ben Franklin had big ideas. I’m going to explain to you a few of them. I think you will really enjoy this essay.

Did you know that Ben Franklin published his own almanac in 1733? His almanac’s name was poor Richard. His almanac included, when the sun rises, when the moon was full, also when you can plant food, it tells you the weather, also the holidays, it kind of a how-to-book.

Ben Franklin wanted to prove that lightning and electricity where the same. He got an iron rod and then he was knocked unction. He invented the lightning rods he put them in barns, and houses so the lightning will attract the lightning rod instead of the house or barn. So he Prove it.

Mr. Franklin went to France in 1776 to talk them into fighting on our side against England because France and England were not friends at all. So the revolutionary war happened and we won. 1783 Ben Franklin made peace.

Benjamin Franklin died in April 17, 1790 Benjamin Franklin invented the lightning rod. Benjamin Franklin will be remembered for ever.

I will tell you about what Ben Jonson meant when he said “was not of an age, but for all time. I think William Shakespeare wasn’t known for just the 1500’s. People still read some of his plays. Some of his plays were turned into movies. I think you should read some of William Shakespeare’s plays today. William Shakespeare is famous because he was a shareholder. He owned part of the globe. Did you know that William Shakespeare can pick plays that he wrote or someone else’s plays. William Shakespeare will always be remembered forever.

The End