-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 05:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

Have you ever heard the real ending to the book called The Wanderer? At the end when Dock and Rosalie meet each other at Bompie’s place. If you read the story but haven’t heard the real ending then you should really read this.

It all started on a warm sunny day at Bompie’s house. Every body left except Dock. Dock was visiting Bompie after they left when Rosalie knocked on the door and came in. Dock was so happy to see her. When Rosalie saw Dock she was so happy too! They knew right away that they had to get married. So they did.

They both lived happy together for years. They had a baby boy and named him Docky. But, later the next year something will happen that changes their whole lives, and the babies too.

One day when all three of them went out a mile away from shore to look at whales.( It was their first time doing it). They waited hours and hours to see a whale. So when they were about to leave a huge whale came out of the water. Rosalie was amazed so was the baby but Dock was not really impressed. When Rosalie turned around and saw Docks face so screamed out “I cannot believe you are not amazed I think you do no0t like whales any more so I HATE YOU!!!” After she said that she picked him up and threw him in the ocean. The whale ate him.

So that is the real ending to the story The Wanderer. If you have not read the book you should read it than see if my real ending is better than the stories.

Hi, I am going to tell you why I picked Babe Ruth to be the person I learn from. I had to pick some one from the story Name This American.

I am going to tell you why I picked Babe Ruth out of all the other people in the story. One reason I picked him is he is related to baseball and I like baseball. Another reason why I picked him is I can learn a lot from him. The last reason I picked him is because none of the other people I think are as cool as Babe Ruth. Those are some reasons why I picked Babe Ruth.

Now I will tell you what I can learn from Babe Ruth. I can learn more baseball stuff like throwing even better, catching even better or hitting better. I could learn more rules about baseball. The last thing I could learn from him is what it is like to be a MLB player. Those are some things I can learn from him.

I now showed you why I picked Babe Ruth and what I can learn from him. If you read Name This American would you pick Babe Ruth? Read it and find out.

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 03:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Element Report

By: Zachary H.

Hello, today I will be telling you about 3 elements. The elements I will be telling you about are Platinum, Bromine and Xenon. If you want to see where I got the information I will show you at the end of the report.

Platinum

The first I am going to show you is Platinum. The atomic number of platinum is 78. The atomic weight is 195.078 AMU. It is in group number 10. The melting point is 3221.6o F and the boiling point is 6920.6o f. The number of proton/electrons 78 and the number of neutrons is 117. Platinum was discovered by Julius Caesar Scaliner in 1557. The name came from the Spanish word platina which means silver. Platinum is a very rare, very heavy and soft metal that is silvery white. It can resist oxygen, water, corrosion and acid attacks. It is used in jewelry, to produce strong magnets and to make standard weights. That is some information about Platinum.

Bromine

The second element I am going to show you is Bromine. The atomic number is 35. The group number is 17. The atomic weight is 79.904 AMU. The melting point is 19.04o f and the boiling point is 137.804o f. The number of protons/electrons is 35 and the number of neutrons is 45. Bromine was discovered in 1826 by Antoine-Jerome Balard. The name came from the Greek word bromos meaning stench. It’s a reddish brown liquid with irritating fumes that give off poisonous vapor. It can cause severe burns. It occurs in compounds in sea water. It is used in dyes, disinfectants and photographic chemicals. That is some information about Bromine.

Xenon

This is the last element that I am going to show you. The atomic number is 54. The group number is 18. The atomic weight is 131.29 AMU. The boiling point is -162.58o f and the melting point is -169.42o f. The number of protons/electrons it has is 54 and the number of neutrons is 77. Xenon was discovered by Sir William Ramsay and Marils William Travers in 1898. The name Xenon comes from the Greek word Xenos meaning stranger. It is a heavy, colorless and odorless noble gas that reacts with fluorine. It is obtained in small quantities in liquid air. An electrical excitation of Xenon produces a burst of brilliant white light. It’s used for filling flash lights and other powerful lamps, used in bubble chambers and modern nuclear power reactors. That is my final element that I will show you.

Bibliography

I will show you the websites that I used to get this wonderful information.

1. Chemicalelements.com

2. Periodni.com

3. Chemlab.pcMaricopa.edu

Those are the websites that I used.

Well, I showed you all three elements that I picked. I hope you learned a lot about Platinum, Bromine and Xenon. Thanks for reading!

Do you know how Jr. Iditarod protects their dogs when they are racing? Well, if you don’t know how they do it you should really read this.

One way Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs and racers safe is they have check points. At each check point there are people that check the dogs and racers and make sure they are ok. If someone has not been to the next check point they send out people to try to go find them. At the half way check point the racers and their dogs rest for ten hours so they can prepare and get more energy. That is one way how they keep them safe.

Another way Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs ok is they bring the food to the racers. If they did not do this maybe the racers would go a lot slower and it would take longer and more energy to race. The time they give the food to the dog and racers is at the half way point. That was another way they keep the dogs and racers safe.

The last way Jr. Iditarod keeps the racers and dogs safe is they give the dogs booties. Booties are things that you put on dogs feet. The reason they put them on the dogs feet is when the dog’s feet are cracked when they are racing. That is the last way Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs safe.

Well, I hope you learned a lot on how Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs and racers safe when they are racing. Thanks for reading this!

Article posted March 6, 2012 at 05:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

Dear Grandma, March 5, 2012

Hi, I am going to tell you why you should buy me a Nintendo 3DS. I will give you three reasons why you should buy it for me.

The first reason you should buy me a 3DS is the price is reduced. The price of the 3DS itself changed. It used to be $270 dollars!!! Then later the price lowered to $200 dollars, then the price reduced again it is now $170 dollars!!!! If I bring my old DS at Target they give me a Target gift card and I can use it to help buy a 3DS. Or if you buy it at Toys R Us you get a $25 dollar gift card for buying a 3DS. That is one reason why you should buy me a 3DS.

In this paragraph I will be telling what Nitesh said about the 3DS. He said it has a built in camera that can record video for 10 minutes each session and it takes up to 3000 pictures. It can go on the internet and you can go on e shop. The things you can get on e shop are like virtual console games, Netflix, and demos for future releases. The skills you can get from playing a 3DS is Reflexes and hand- eye coordination. It comes with an SD card! A SD card is a little microchip that can hold lots of memory. That is what Nitesh says about a 3DS.

The third reason you should buy me a 3DS is the great games that it can play and the great graphics. One of the great games is Mario Kart 7. It is very entertaining very fun makes you have good hand and eye coordination and lots of other reasons. Another cool game is Super Mario 3D Land. I heard that was voted the best hand held game ever! When you play the games you can see the game in 3D and the graphics are very good. That is my last reason why you should buy me a 3DS.

I hope you were persuaded to buy me a Brand new 3DS. I will really be happy if you bought me one.

Sincerely,

Zachary

There once was a man named Zack

Who had a friend named Mack

Mack was very lazy

And a bit too crazy

So Zack kicked him out of his shack

Rocks are very cool

Rocks are very important

Rocks are very old

I’m going to tell you why Homer Figg from The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg left the safe home of Jebediah Brewster’s house to find his brother that got sold to the army and how he found him. This book is about a journey for Homer to find his brother before he goes into the war.

One of the reasons Homer left Mr. Brewster’s house is Homer does not want his brother Harold to die in the war. If Harold dies Homer would be the last one in the family. If Harold dies homer would be alone. That was one reason why Homer left Brewster’s house.

Another reason Homer left the house was he likes being with Harold. Sometimes Harold would tell Homer a story and he liked listening to them. They both went on an adventure and Homer had fun with Harold. That is another reason why Homer left the house to get Harold.

Now I am going to tell you how Homer got to Harold. First he had a guy from Mr. Brewster’s house to help him on his journey. But later some people tricked him into give them all their money. Homer got kidnapped and throne into a pig pen. A professor found him and put him into a circus as the amazing pig boy. They traveled and got cot selling whiskey. Homer flu away in a flying balloon and landed in the middle of a war. Then Homer found Harold. That is how he found Harold.

That was two reasons why he left Mr. Brewster’s house and how he found Harold

November 4, 1620

Dear Uncle Fred,

How are you doing? I really miss you and the family. We are not so good on the Mayflower. I wish you could come with us. Is there anything new back at home?

You won’t believe how many storms we have had! The last one was really bad. We have to eat nasty food like hard biscuits and dry cheese. People are sick and some are dying. We are always wet and damp.

I thought all was lost when the water swept my mom overboard. I fell to my knees and cried. I knew we shouldn’t have left our safe home to go to the new land.

Just when I thought my mom was gone she grabbed on to a rope hanging on the side of the ship and she held on for help. So we helped her up. I hugged her and said that I thought that she was going to die.

Even though this trip was hard I knew that when we reached land that everything was going to be okay. Maybe you can come over to the new land for a visit.

Sincerely,

Zachary

Do you know Ben Franklins big ideas? I’m going to tell you a few. I think you are going to enjoy this essay. The ones I am going to talk about are that he published the first almanac; he figured out that lightning and electricity are the same and he was a good negotiator.

Did you know that Ben Franklin made the first almanac? It was called the Poor Richards Almanac. It had a lot of stuff in it like the weather, holidays, when to plant what and lots more. Every year 10,000 copies were sold. The first edition was made in 1733.

You probably know that Ben Franklin discovered that electricity and lightning were the same. When he thought of that idea he told someone to stay in a tower on a stormy night and see if lightning was attracted to the metal rod on top of the tower. Another time he raised a kite on a stormy day with a key near his hand and see if lightning was attracted to it and it worked.

If you did not know Ben Franklin was a very good negotiator. He tried to talk to England. He asked the French to be on the U.S.es side in the war egests England. He was so good at talking in France that they did not care how ugly he was.

These were some of his big ideas. He had lots more big ideas. Do you know any big ideas that he had? I hope you like this essay.