Rudis Awsome Blog!-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Have you ever heard of Babe Ruth? Well if you haven’t then I’m going to tell you about him. Babe Ruth was born in February 6, 1895. Babe Ruth died on August 16, 1948 by cancer.

Babe Ruth was one of the first five players to be elected into the National Hall of Fame. Fans say that he’s the best player ever I Yankees History. Babe’s Ruth’s father worked with him to hit and field.

He was sold to the Yankees in 1919. He converted to a full time right fielder. Babe Ruth pitched with the Red Sox in 1914. Ruth was a lefty for hitting, and throwing. He played with the Red Sox in 1914-1919.

Babe Ruth was the first player to hit 60 homeruns in one season in 1927. His lifetime record was 714 homeruns. Babe Ruth’s nickname was “the Bambino” and “the Sultan of Swat”. The total hits for all of the seasons is 2,873. He played with the Yankees in 1920-1934.

Thank you for reading I hope you learned about Babe Ruth a lot! And that’s what I thought Babe Ruth!

Do you like baseball? Well I am going to be talking about Bade Ruth and why I would want to meet him.

Babe Ruth was one of the most famous baseball players because; he had a record for four years of 714 career homeruns.

He was also one of the first people to be on the baseball hall of fame. Babe Ruth was his nickname his real name is George Herman Ruth Jr. Babe Ruth was born on February 6, 1895 and died on August 16, 1948 by Cancer.

One of the reasons why I would want to meet him is because he played baseball, he was athletic. He all ways believes in the game!

That is some facts about Babe Ruth and why I would want to meet him!

In my blog today I am going to be talking about Dolly Madison. I picked Dolly Madison for my blog. Dolly Madison was born on May 20, 1768 in Guilford County, North Carolina. Her dad was John Payne and her mom was Mary Coles Payne. She had 4 brothers and 3 sisters.

Before she was married she worked in her dad’s starch farm. The first time she got married was to John Todd, he was a lawyer. Then he died on October 14, 1793. Dolly remarried to James Madison on September 15, 1794. She became the First Lady in March 4, 1809 - March 3, 1817. She was 40 years old when she finished being the First lady.

As the First Lady, she thought of it being a big project. She did fundraisers and she also found a Washington D.C. orphanage for girls. She helped her husband with organizing and preparing for public release of the papers he used in drafting the U.S. Constitution. She was a big help to a lot of people in the world!

I chose Dolly Madison because I thought she was cool in the book and she was cool in real life! Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you learned a little bit of who Dolly Madison is!

In this passage I will tell you about a man I picked for this blog. His name is Gutzon Borglum. If you would like to know what this man did please read on. Just letting you know you might know what he did without knowing his name.

First I am going to tell you about what this man did. He is the man that carved Mt. Rushmore. Sadly he was not able to finish. He died a couple days from finishing the sculpture himself. There was no worries because his son finished the sculpture for his dad.

Now I’m going to tell you about what else he did. I’m also going to tell you some facts about him. His full name is Gutzon De La Mothe Borglum. He was also very good at painting buildings. He was 73 years 11 months and 9 days old when he died. That is all the information I have about him.

So that was my blog. I wish I had more information for you but sadly I don’t. hope you enjoyed. This may or may not be my last blog but if it is good bye.

Have you ever heard of the amazing Babe Ruth? Well I am pretty sure you have! If you haven’t then this is the perfect place to learn some information on him!

One reason I chose Babe Ruth is because he is one of the greatest baseball players of all time! I have heard a lot of cool things about Babe Ruth but I never really knew anything about him! So I thought this would be a great opportunity to learn more about him! So I did some research and now I know a lot about him!

If I met Babe Ruth I would have him give me a lesson on baseball! That is because I don’t know anything about baseball and I would love to learn! I know about softball but hardly anything about baseball! I always thought there wasn’t a difference between the two, but now I know there is!

Babe Ruth was born on February 6, 1895 in Baltimore, Maryland. He was 1 of 8 but his sister survived with him! Babe Ruth had two wives the 1st one was Helena and his 2nd was Clarie. When he was with Helena he adopted a girl. When he was with Clarie he had two daughters naturally and adopted one more. Her name was Julia. Babe Ruth died of Cancer August 16, 1948.

Do you know how Babe got his nickname? Many of you may not know that Babe’s real name is George Herman Ruth Jr. Babe got his nickname from playing with the red socks. He was the youngest one on the team so they called him “Baby, Babe” for short. That nickname carried on with his career.

Babe started playing baseball on July 11, 1914. In between the time of his career he was elected in 1936 to be in the Hall Of Fame! Id that was me I would be jumping up and down and screaming! In 1918 he was traded to the New York Yankees. There he worked as an outfielder and a batter! He was really good. In his whole career he hit a total of 714 homeruns!!! Babe Ruth had a passion and love for baseball. He stopped playing baseball on May 30, 1936.

That was all about why I would like to meet Babe Ruth and a few interesting facts! Thank you I hope you enjoyed!

This is my blog about the famous American Babe Ruth. He was a famous and professional baseball player. His full name was George Herman Rut Jr. He had a couple of nicknames like the Bambino and the Sultan of Swat. I hope you like this blog.

I am writing about Babe Ruth because he is my favorite player in baseball. Also he was one of the best players in the history of baseball. I would also like to meet him because he can help me on playing baseball. I also like his nicknames and he has set many records in baseball. He was on my favorite team also the New York Yankees.

This is some information on Babe Ruth. He was born in Baltimore, Maryland on February 6, 1895 he died on August 16, 1948 in New York City. His debut was July 11, 1914 for the Boston Red Sox. Babe Ruth became famous by his amazing record of 714 home runs. He was in three teams his first one was the Boston Red Sox. He was a starter pitcher in the Red Sox then he went to the Yankees in 1919 and was a right fielder. After 4 World Series with the Yankees he went with the Boston Braves for a short while until he retired in 1935. He was one of the first of five players to be in the hall of fame.

This has been my blog on the famous American Babe Ruth. I hope you enjoyed it and learned a lot of things about him. Thank you for reading this.

Do you know about Babe Ruth? Well I do, and I’m going to talk about him today. Hope you enjoy reading my blog.

I’m writing about Babe Ruth because he is a very interesting person, set awards in baseball, and he’s a very nice man.

Babe Ruth real name is George Herman Ruth. That was his same name as his father. Ruth was born on February 6, 1895 and died on August 16, 1948. Babe was born in Baltimore, Maryland. He played for the New York Yankees. Babe Ruth also died in New York, New York. Ruth height was 6’2”. He was the 2 time All-Star selection in 1933 and 1934. He was also the 7 time World’s Series Champion in 1915, 1916, 1918, 1923, 1927, 1928, and 1932. 1923 he was AL MVP (Most Valuable Player). George Herman Ruth Jr. was name the Greatest Baseball Player of the 20th Century.

I hope you enjoyed my blog & learned a little from me. Thank you for reading my blog.

Babe Ruth was an amazing base ball player! He was born Feb 6, 1895 and died in September 16, 1945. In this essay I am going to tell you all about babe Ruth!

Babe Ruth is an unusual name; it’s not his real name though. His name is George Herman Ruth Jr. His nickname was given to him was Babe Ruth because he was the youngest player on the red sox! That is how he got his nickname!

Babe Ruth started majors July 11, 1914. He ended the majors May 30, 1935. It’s cool because he was a 2 time all-star. He was traded to the Yankees in 1918 from the Red sox. He started to have a passion for baseball at his catholic school.

Now I am going to talk about his personal life (family). With his first wife Ellen he adopted two kids. After that he divorced and married an actress and had two daughters.

Even though he died he is a great base ball player!

Babe Ruth

Hi, my name is Danitza and I’m going to tell you about Babe Ruth. The reason I picked Babe Ruth was because I like baseball and I like Babe Ruth he was my favorite baseball player.

Did you know Babe Ruth was born on February 6, 1895 in Baltimore Maryland? In all he hit 714 home runs, a mark that stood until 1974.In 1919, while in the Red Sox, Ruth set a single season home run record of 29 runs. In 1920, his first year in New York, On May 25, 1935, he scored 54 home runs. An overweight and greatly diminished Babe Ruth reminded fans of his greatness one last time when hit three home runs in a single game at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The following week, Ruth officially retired. He was actually one of the first five players inducted into Baseball Hall of fame in 1936.

The snacks that Babe Ruth had to eat when he would play baseball were good vitamins like a salad, oranges, apples, and grapes. Did you know in 1919, while with the Red Sox, Ruth set a single season home run record of 29 runs. Babe Ruth was so good at batting and throwing that he made 29 home runs in a game.

Hi, I am going to tell you why I picked Babe Ruth to be the person I learn from. I had to pick some one from the story Name This American.

I am going to tell you why I picked Babe Ruth out of all the other people in the story. One reason I picked him is he is related to baseball and I like baseball. Another reason why I picked him is I can learn a lot from him. The last reason I picked him is because none of the other people I think are as cool as Babe Ruth. Those are some reasons why I picked Babe Ruth.

Now I will tell you what I can learn from Babe Ruth. I can learn more baseball stuff like throwing even better, catching even better or hitting better. I could learn more rules about baseball. The last thing I could learn from him is what it is like to be a MLB player. Those are some things I can learn from him.

I now showed you why I picked Babe Ruth and what I can learn from him. If you read Name This American would you pick Babe Ruth? Read it and find out.

Do you know facts about Sacagawea well if you don’t then I am going to tell you. Sacagawea’s real name is Boinain. She was the daughter of the Shoshone chief, she was born somewhere around 1788 in Lemhi county, Idaho. When she was 12 she was captured by an enemy tribe and was sold to a French-Canadian trapper who forced her to become his wife.

Did you know that Sacagawea helped Lewis and Clark with there expedition. Lewis and Clark started there expedition in Pittsburg, PA August 30, 1803. They met Sacagawea in North Dakota, Bismarck. The expedition took 2 years and 25 days! Clark had a notebook that he used for the expedition he wrote in it every single day. The ended the expedition November 7, 1805.

If I was interviewing Sacagawea these are some of the questions I would ask her. How old where you when you started the expedition? How old was your father when he died? When did you have your baby? Where you scared when you were captured by the tribe? Those are some of the questions that I would ask her.

I hope that you learned a lot about Sacagawea and her life thank you for reading.

Babe Ruth

I am going to tell you why I chose Babe Ruth. I chose Babe Ruth because I like base ball. Did you know that Babe Ruth got in the base ball hall of fame?

Did you know Babe Ruth played with the Boston red socks? Then in 1914 Babe Ruth went with the Boston red socks. He lasted 5yrs with Boston and then he moved to New York Yankees.

I didn’t know that Babe Ruth was married. He had two wives and their names are: Helen Woodford (first wife) Claire Ruth (second wife). He had two daughters named: Julia and Dorothy Ruth. Babe Ruth was born on February 6, 1895 and died August 16 1948 at the age 53.

Babe Ruth will be remembered forever.

Did you know that Babe Ruth was elected to the baseball hall of fame? He has 714 home runs. He was born august 16, 1895 in Baltimore, Maryland. His nickname was the bambino. Babe Ruth batted and threw with his left arm. Babe Ruth played for the Boston red sox, the New York Yankees and for the Boston braves. He was the first player to hit 60 home runs in one season. People also called Babe Ruth the king of swing. Babe Ruth’s full name was George Herman Ruth Jr. when Babe Ruth turned 7 years old his parents thought they were being to nice to him so they decided to take him to St. Mary’s industrial school for boys. In February 1914 jack Dunn offered a contract to Babe Ruth. That’s what I have to say about Babe Ruth.

Have you ever heard of Guzton Borglum? He is a famous sculptor. He’s worked on a lot of things that you have probably seen. If you don’t know who he is keep reading and by the end you will know a lot about him.

First of all I’m going to tell you about what he has sculpted. In 1927-1941 he sculpted the presidents on Mt. Rushmore. Did you know that he used dynamite to blow off big chunks of the mountain? The presidents are George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, and lastly Theodore Roosevelt. He has made many other sculptures of people during the war too. He’s made millions off of them.

Now I’m going to some interesting facts about Gutzon Borglum. He was born on March 25, 1867 and died on March 6, 1941. He went to the San Francisco Art Academy. His fathers name was James Miller Borglum. He also went to Paris to study the art skills. He’s first great art was when he carved Abraham Lincoln sitting in Washington D.C. Did you know that he has created more than 60 heads when he died? They were big though. His brother was also a sculptor.

That’s all I have to say about Guzton Borglum. Told you that you would know him by the end of this. I hope you learned a lot though.

I am going tell why I choose Gutzon Borglum. I choose him because he is very interesting to learn. He created the president’s heads at Mount Rushmore. He was born in March 25, 1867. He died in March 6, 1941. His full name is John Gutzon de la Mothe Borglum. He created the president’s heads on Stone Mountain. Stone Mountain is 800 feet tall. Stone Mountain is near Atlanta. He created George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, and Theodore Roosevelt. He was a sculptor. He officially began carving on June 23, 1923.

He was in the field of sculpture and painting. When he died the president’s heads was not complete, so his son finished the rest. It takes 14 years to complete it. In 1908, Gutzon Borglum won a competition for a statue of the Civil War General Philip Sheridan to be placed in Sheridan Circle in Washington. D.C. His project started in 1927 and ended in 1941. The dynamite was used to remove large pieces of rock from under George Washington's eye brow.

In 1908, he completed the statue of John William Mackay in 1831-1902. The statue is located at the University of Nevada, Reno. He also sculpted Aviator in 1919. Did you know Gutzon Borglum is famous? He is famous for creating the president’s heads at Mount Rushmore.

I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Hi, I’m Jasmine and I’m going to talk about Sacagawea. I hope you enjoy it!

Why am I writing a blog about Sacagawea? The reason why is because Sacagawea is a person that interests me. I think that Sacagawea is a very special person and that is why I chose her for my blog.

I think that Sacagawea is special because she was the one who helped Louis and Clark on their expedition. I don’t think that Louis and Clark could have done it without her. Sacagawea helped them on the expedition a lot. She was the one who got horses for them. She was also the interpreter when they came upon an Indian tribe.

Now I am going to tell you some facts about her. Sacagawea was born in 1788. She was the sister of the Shoshone Chief. When she was about 12 years old, she was captured and sold as a slave to a French-Canadian trader. Instead of working for the man, she married him. She had a son named Jean Baptiste. Jean became the youngest explorer ever.

The United States grew twice the size due to the Louisiana Purchase. Sacagawea and her husband were asked to help Louis and Clark on their expedition. She accepted and helped Louis and Clark a lot.

I would really like to learn more about Sacagawea. If I got to meet her face to face I would ask her these questions. What did you do as a child? How was your childhood? Did you like the expedition? Why did you choose to go on the expedition with Louis and Clark?

That would be really cool to be able to talk to her in person. Anyway, I hope you are also very interested in Sacagawea because I’m sure am. Well, that’s the end of my blog and I hope you enjoyed it!

Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth’s real name is George Herman Ruth. He was born February 6, 1895 and died August 16, 1948. His nicknames are “babe Ruth” and “the bambino” and “the sultan of swat” babe Ruth set both pitching and hitting records! He became 1 of the five baseball players to be in the national baseball hall of fame did you know he was the first player to 60 home runs in one session! Also babe Ruth had 714 home runs altogether wow that’s amazing! Babe Ruth has been named the best player of all time! His batting average is .342 his hitting average is 2,873 his average home runs is 714. Babe Ruth is amazing he first played for the Boston redsox’s and then the Yankees I hope u try and learn about babe Ruth to he’s a very interesting person!

Have you ever heard about Sacagawea? If you didn’t know then I’m going to tell you! Sacagawea was a young Indian girl, she join the Lewis and Clark expedition in November 4, 1804 when she was about 12 years.

My questions is did Sacagawea ever go on any other journeys? I think that Sacagawea never went on another journey after the Luis and Clark expedition. How old was Sacagawea’s son when she died? I think that he was 5 years old when she died. In February 1805, Sacagawea gave birth to a son named Jean Baptiste Charbonneau. On the Lewis and Clark expedition Sacagawea had to carry Jean Baptiste on her back. She was a brave American; she was also an awesome person to me. She was a great person she made me think that I shouldn’t be scared and shy I should me brave like her. Sacagawea married Toussaint Charbonneau. At about thirteen years of age, in 1801, Sacagawea was bought, and taken as a wife by Toussaint Charbonneau, a French trapper living in the village. She was born around 1788.

Sacagawea was a awesome person to write about she had lots of cool experince and some were bad but i bet she injoyed it.Hoped you like my essay and I hope you learned new things about Saacagawea!

Have you ever heard of Sacagawea? Well if you haven’t, I really recommend you read this. It will contain lots of information on Sacagawea. I hope you read and enjoy this.

Sacagawea was a Shoshone who was an interpreter and a guide to Lewis and Clark. She also helped them gather food, led them the right way, and even got them horses! She was very valuable to have on the team. She has many things named after her. Without her, Lewis and Clark would have failed.

I would like to learn things from Sacagawea. Those things would be things about travel such as information on directions, using tools, and looking for the right things to eat such the different kinds of berries (determining which ones are poisonous and which ones are not). Also, I would like to learn more about the Shoshone and her relation to them. I know she is a part of the Shoshone tribe, but in the book Lewis and Clark it said that they considered her as, “a lost daughter that had come home.”

Well, that is all. I hope you enjoyed reading this blog. I also hope that you learned a lot about Sacagawea. Thank you for reading.

Hi, this is Lucas blogging and today you’re going to be reading about the famous American I would like to meet if he were still alive. That famous man is George Herman Ruth, Jr. or as we all know him “Babe Ruth”. I hope you enjoy reading.

First off, I would like you to know why I would like to meet him. I would like to meet him because he was a baseball legend. He has been my idol since I first started playing. I think that he has paved way for many kids like me and that motivates us to become just as good as him some day. I think it would also be cool because he could even give me some advice, especially since I’m in a slump.

Now, here is some more information about this amazing man. Babe had 714 home runs in his total career. I think that would be impossible for me.George had as we all know played for the Yankees but he also played for the Red Sox and the Braves. He played for the Red Sox for his first five years in Major League and then was traded to the Yankees for 15 years he then played for the Braves for a brief time before he retired in 1935.

Well, I hope you learned so much more after reading my blog. Thank you. Feel free to comment.

If I could meet anyone in "Name This American" I would like to meet Sacagawea. There are some things I would like to learn from her. It would be awesome if she could teach me how to survive in the wilderness, just like Lewis and Clark did. I would also love if she taught me how to make the pottery that Native Americans make. I also want to learn how to navigate. She would be so good at it! It would be neat to learn a few words from her language. The person I would like to meet from "Name This American" would be Sacagawea!

Today, I am going to tell you about Dolley Madison! I hope you enjoy my essay! Dolley Madison was the 4th president’s First Lady of The United States from 1809 to 1817. She was also involved in the Revolutionary War. At 20, she became a seamstress. Her first husband was a lawyer. His name was John Todd. She had two boys, but one died with their father in 1793. She then married James Madison. She often performed at the White House too! She then also introduced Ice Cream to her guests. When the White House burned down in the war of 1812, she managed to save her husband’s forms and a picture of George Washington. The war was very hard for her when she was a child. She even had to move for North Carolina to Virginia. Her real name was Dorothea, but she later changed it to Dolley. We are going to celebrate her birthday on May 20th! Due to the American Revolutionary War, her father John Payne emancipated his slaves, which means he freed them. In 1783, 30,000 slaves were freed! But her dad died later in October of 1792. She then died on in Washitgon in 1849. I think it was great that she married one of the presidents of the United States! I would like to learn more about her too. I hope you enjoyed my essay and learn about her too!

Hi, today I’m going to talk about Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Did you know Elizabeth was part of the Woman’s Movement? She was the president of the National American Woman Suffrage Association for twenty years. If you keep reading my blog you’ll know much more about Mrs. Stanton.

I would like to meet Mrs. Stanton because she was important in history. If I could meet her I would ask her why she did what she did. I would also ask her what interested her in the Woman’s Movement. How she did this. Also who helped her plan it, who supported her the most and when she realized it was important for women to have the right to vote.

Elizabeth Stanton was an important part of America you’ll find out why. Elizabeth Stanton and Lucretia Mott started the Women’s Right Movement. The Woman’s Right Movement was to give women the right to vote. This was important because women felt left out because they couldn’t vote to choose their president. During the Civil War Elizabeth Stanton concentrated on getting rid of slavery, but after that she focused more on women’s right to vote.

In the year of 1868 Elizabeth ran for Congress. She was hoping to win but things didn’t go so well. Since men were only allowed to vote she lost. She was very disappointed. Women did not think this was right. They thought they had the right to vote. Women still couldn’t vote until the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was passed in 1920.

That was my blog! I hope you enjoyed it! I also hope you learned about Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Elizabeth was a very important person in history and made America a better place. Thank you for reading my blog.