Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

This is my blog about the famous American Babe Ruth. He was a famous and professional baseball player. His full name was George Herman Rut Jr. He had a couple of nicknames like the Bambino and the Sultan of Swat. I hope you like this blog.

I am writing about Babe Ruth because he is my favorite player in baseball. Also he was one of the best players in the history of baseball. I would also like to meet him because he can help me on playing baseball. I also like his nicknames and he has set many records in baseball. He was on my favorite team also the New York Yankees.

This is some information on Babe Ruth. He was born in Baltimore, Maryland on February 6, 1895 he died on August 16, 1948 in New York City. His debut was July 11, 1914 for the Boston Red Sox. Babe Ruth became famous by his amazing record of 714 home runs. He was in three teams his first one was the Boston Red Sox. He was a starter pitcher in the Red Sox then he went to the Yankees in 1919 and was a right fielder. After 4 World Series with the Yankees he went with the Boston Braves for a short while until he retired in 1935. He was one of the first of five players to be in the hall of fame.

This has been my blog on the famous American Babe Ruth. I hope you enjoyed it and learned a lot of things about him. Thank you for reading this.

Element Report

By: Jorge

This is my element report. I hope you will enjoy reading it. It has lots of information you will enjoy. So keep on reading and learn all about these three elements krypton, arsenic, and radium.

Krypton

Krypton’s sign is Kr and its atomic number is 36. The boiling point is -153.22 oc and the melting point is -157.36 oc. The people who discovered krypton were Sir William Ramsey and Morris William Travers. Sir William Ramsey also found cadmium, neon, and argon. The year it was discovered was 1898 and it as discovered in London, England. Krypton is a gas that does not do damage if you inhale it. Unless you inhale it with no air if you do you can suffocate. The name krypton comes from the Greek word kryptos which means hidden.

Arsenic

Arsenics sign is AS its atomic number is 33. The boiling point is 614 oc the melting point is 817 oc. the person who discovered it was Albertus Magnus in the year 1250. The place is unknown arsenic is used in pesticide and wood preservatives. It is in metal for mirrors, in shotgun pellets, and lasers. If you inhale it you can get lung cancer and if you touch with bare skin you can get skin cancer. It is from the Greek word arsenikon which means yellow orpiment. It is a steel gray semimetal it can also damage liver and intestines.

Radium

Radium was discovered by Marie Sklodowska Curie and Perre Curie. It was discovered in Paris, France the atomic number is 88 and its sign is Ra. The boiling point is 3158.6 ofarenheit and the melting point is 1292 ofarenheit. Radium is from the Latin word radius which means ray. It is a radioactive metal that has a silvery white color. It is very radiotoxic if you breathe it, eat it, touch it, or have any exposure of it. It is used to treat cancer because it gives off gamma rays. It is found in uranium ores at 1 part per 3 million parts uranium. It was used to make glowing paint but it is not that common.

Bibliography

http://chemicalelements.com/

http://www.periodni.com/index.html

http://periodictableofelements.com/

This short story is about Dock and his journey to find Rosalie. He has to travel on boat with his father Bompie. This is the story of Dock when he stayed in England. I hope you enjoy it.

It was a nice summer morning when dock went to go fix the Wanderer. He needed to fix the holes, the mast, he needed to replace the GPS, the radar, the ham radio, and he needs to fix many other things. So he bought a waterproof GPS, a new ham radio, and a radar machine. He is fixing the holes on the boat and is starting to fix the mast.

It has been 2 months and he is ready to sail, he is getting the supplies ready when Bompie says, “are you sure you are going to go?” Dock says, “I have to because Rosalie is in Spain and I have to go get her.” “Fine”, says Bompie as Dock climbs the boat he says goodbye to Bompie. He sets the sails and is off. He has started his journey. He is almost in Spain because he can see land. As he stops at the dock he gets off and goes and finds an inn. He gets his things in his room when he gets a call from Bompie he said, “Dock get over here to England because Rosalie is here!” “What!” Dock said “I thought she was here in Spain.” “No she came back yesterday but you were still sailing so I had to call today.” “I will be there soon I’m going to get on a plane.” Dock got on a plane to England as fast as he could.

When he arrived he hailed a taxi and told him to take him to Bompie’s cottage. When he goes in and asks Bompie “where is Rosalie?” “She is getting some groceries” replied Bompie. “She will be here soon” “ok” said Dock. When Rosalie arrived Dock ran and gave her a big hug. Then he knelt down and pulled out a ring he said “Rosalie oh Rosalie will you marry me?” Rosalie replied “yes yes a million times yes.” Everyone was happy, at the wedding Dock and Rosalie lived in England and everything was good.

Dear Mom,

I am going to try to convince you in these few paragraphs to buy me a phone. So I hope I convince you to buy me one. I hope I convince you.

I can use the phone for emergencies. In middle school I will need one if I miss the bus. I can also call if I get lost somewhere. For instance I get lost in a really big store I will need to call you. You can also call me to make sure where I am. I don’t like using the house phone because it runs out of battery really fast. I also don’t like using the house phone because it is in the living room.

I can pay for part of it or the phone can be free and I pay for half of the boring things that I don’t know about. You can also sign a contract of two years or more and you get the phone for free. Then I can pick out a new one or get the same one. So you just have to pay for the month. This will save you money for bills. You can also get unlimited texting and/or talking which will also save you money. You can also add me to the family plan if you have one. I will also do chores for free so you don’t have to pay me. You can also pick out the phone so I don’t pick the new expensive one.

I need a phone because everybody has one and I don’t want to be left out. I feel lonely when I’m in my room and I can talk with my friends at home. So I don’t get in trouble for talking at school and so I get better grades. I can also use the phone to call my friend so he can help me with my homework if I get stuck on a problem. I can forget what I need help on for my homework and not ask my friend. So that would help me on my grades.

I hope I convinced you to buy me a phone. If you do buy me one I am going to be the happiest kid in the whole world. So please buy me one.

There once was a cat

Who was really fat

He loved to eat

A lot of meat

The cat got fat and that was that

A panda is fat

Pandas love to eat and sleep

Pandas do kung-fu

One warm and sunny afternoon Otto and Hattie had traveled to Nebraska where the wide open plains are. They traveled there to start a new life as they recently got married. Everyone was sad, but happy at the same time when they left. They made Hattie a going away party and birthday party at the same time, she was sixteen. Hattie got lots of presents before they left Hattie’s Brother Spencer gave her a box and said a terrible lie. He said that if something terrible happened the ultimately worst thing ever that she can open the box and it will help her, but Spencer didn’t have money to buy anything so it was just an empty box.

As they arrived at their spot Otto and Hattie got off the wagon and smelled the fresh air. They started walking and they heard a rattling sound. Then a snake jumped out of the ground and bit Otto. Hattie panicked and Otto said “go check if there are any neighbors who know how to treat snake bites”. So Hattie set of on the wagon with Otto on the back. They stopped at the first house Hattie saw. Hattie raced down to the door and knocked. Someone answered the door and said “how can I help you” Hattie quickly replied “my husband got bit by a snake and he needs to be treated”. The woman said “my husband is a doctor.”

They took Otto inside and laid him in the bed. Then the doctor came in and said where he got bit by the snake and how the snake looked like. Otto said that he heard a rattle then the snake jumped up and bit him on the leg. “Oh it’s a Rattlesnake” said the doctor “that’s a very poisonous snake” “I am going to need to put some herbs on your leg” said the doctor. “Ok” said Otto. The doctor stepped out to get the herbs Hattie said “is Otto ok?” The doctor said “I am going to put on special herbs that can heal snake bites, but he might not survive.” After the doctor got the herbs he put them on Otto’s leg and told Otto to not move his leg until the he took off the herbs.

The next day Hattie stayed at the doctor’s house and slept there. They had already built their Soddy and they had an extra room. In the morning after they gave Hattie breakfast she asked “how much will it cost for the snake bite?” The doctor said “it costs 100 dollars” Hattie replied “ok, I’ll go to my wagon and get something I can probably sell you” so Hattie went outside and got the box. Then she went inside the Soddy and opened the box. Hattie had a scared face when she opened the box. The doctor’s wife asked “what happened?” Then Hattie said “the box is empty, I thought I had something I could sell you like a necklace or ear rings.” “How am I going to pay you?” said Hattie in sadness, but that sadness went away when the doctor said “you don’t have to pay anything, in fact if you need help with anything we can help you.”

“Oh thank you” Hattie said with joy jumping up and down. After a few days Otto was finally healed and Otto and Hattie were going back to their land the doctor said once more “if you need help with anything we will always be here.” Hattie was a little mad at Spencer for not putting anything in the box but Hattie understood that he probably didn’t have any money. The end.

Dear Grandma, November 4, 1620

Hi, how’s it been in Plymouth? It is very harsh here on the Mayflower. Do you want to know how I have been on our long trip to the New Land? If you do keep on reading.

Many people are getting sick and I am one of them. People are also dying too. My brother almost died, but somehow he got better and is ok now.

The food is so disgusting. I hate dry biscuits and the rotten, moldy, nasty cheese that the rats won’t even touch. We had salt pork, beans, biscuits, and cheese, but now we just have those hard biscuits that are as hard as rocks. We have to put the biscuits where it is leaking so they can get softer or we’ll break our teeth. We still have cheese left but it is really moldy and nasty.

We also have had terrible storms. I am under one in the storage shack while writing this letter. A few storms back my brother got swept by a wave! The sailors were working hard to get him back up. My brother got a hold of a rope. Then the sailor yelled to let go so he let go and the sailor grabbed him. I was so happy that my brother didn’t drown. Other people got swept overboard but they were all saved.

There was also water leaking and it was terrible. It was damp and cold. It kept on dripping on my head but I couldn’t move in the cramped place. I was shivering cold. My nose was red and my allergies were acting up. I hate my allergies. They make me feel bad. The dampness made my allergies worse. People were also bad because of their allergies. People were also getting really bad colds, too.

So that’s how it’s been since we left Plymouth. I hope you can visit when we get to the new land. Or you can move and live with me. See you soon.

From,

Jorge

Do you know any of Ben Franklin’s big ideas? If you don’t then you should read this essay about Ben Franklin’s ideas.

Have you ever heard about an almanac? Ben Franklin wrote it and also published it. It was called the poor Richard’s almanac. It has tons of information like when is it the perfect time to plant crops. It also said when the moon will be full and the other faces of the moon. It also said when the holidays are coming and also said the forecast. It has tons more things in it. The list will be too long to write it. The almanac was published in the year 1733 Ben was 26 years old.

Another of his big ideas was that he thought that electricity and lightning were the same. Everybody else said it wasn’t true but that didn’t stop Ben Franklin from testing it. He tied a key to a kite on a lightning storm and waited until lightning hit it the key. Hey felt a tingle on his hand when lightning struck. He invented the lightning rod it is a rod that attracts electricity and sends it to the ground by wires attached to the rod that takes the lightning and travels to the ground. So it can prevent fires. Three scientists were testing this and one died by accidentally getting hit by lightning.

Ben Franklin was a great negotiator he helped the United States in the revolutionary war. By asking the French to help them the French sent them weapons, troops, money, and supplies. He also helped on the constitution of America and declaration of independence.

This has been my blog about Ben Franklin’s big ideas. I hope you liked it!

This blog is about Ben Jonson’s quote about William Shakespeare I hope you like it.

What I think Ben Jonson meant was that William Shakespeare will live on forever because he was really famous and nobody will forget about him. He was a really amazing person and he was a gentleman.