-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas
New Phone 03/08/12
Nick's Stick 02/02/12
Balloons 01/19/12
B-Day Box 12/05/11
The New Land 11/07/11
The Big Idea 10/27/11
everglades 10/12/11
william shakespeare 10/04/11
american music 09/09/11

Dear Mom,

Do you think that I can get a new phone? It dos not have to be the best one in the world. I will pitch in a bit also. If you get me a phone you will be able to get a hold of me and Robert almost all the time. I will be able to call you if me or Robert get hurt or in trouble.

I am going to tell you some more reasons why I need a cell phone. Sometimes I am stuck at the club after field trips. If you get me a phone you will be able to text me or call me if you are going to be late so that I don’t have to worry. And I will never forget yours and dad’s phone number.

Almost all of my friends have phones to. They are always asking me what happened to your phone and I don’t know what to tell them. One of my favorite reasons that I want the phone is that I can talk to all of my friends.

One of the last reasons is say you or dad is running late to pick us up you can say something, so we wont be so worried. If you do I will try not to get any twos for the rest of the year.

That is some of the reasons that I want a phone. If you do get me a phone I will be the happiest kid in the world. I will do any thing you want for a whole month.

Your son,

Deago Romero

There once was a guy named Nick

Who stabbed himself with a stick

He yelled out loud

Well everybody got in a crowd

So Nick got up and through his stick

Balloons float in air

Balloons are made of rubber

Balloons are awesome

One warm and sunny morning, Hattie and Otto headed out to their land out in Nebraska to homestead. They told me that it was a bumpy ride. They had to ration food so that they would still have food at their new land and live in the wagon. Once they got there they both said that the land was nice, it was very big too.

As soon as Hattie and Otto started to build the house a massive storm appeared and a lightning bolt struck their house. It made the house burn down, luckily no body got hurt. Otto said that they can still make it through the rough times. So they had to go back to living in their wagon.

As the house was burning down Hattie thought about the box that Spencer gave her. She went over to the wagon, she was about to open it but then she stopped. She thought about Spencer, he told her to only open it if things got there worst. Otto said that they can still make it on their own. So she did not open the box.

After about a week Otto found his axe that he brought. He went straight out to the woods to go and cut down some wood. It took him about two weeks to cut down enough wood. When he was finished he stopped for 3 days then he started building. It took less time to build the house because they already know what they want it to look like.

Although times for Hattie and Otto were hard, they still made it through. That is the story on Hattie’s b-day box. Thanks for reading my story.

November 17, 1620

Dear Mom,

How have you been doing? Dad and I have been ok considering that Dad has gotten a little bit sick. There is only a few things to eat; biscuits, cheese, and salted meat. I hope I can see you again.

November 18, 1620

Dad has gotten sicker. He has a mean cough and a runny nose. He could barely walk, so I made him a little bed so that he could sleep. A lot of people have gotten sick too. One person has died.

November 19, 1620

Well, me and dad were sleeping. I heard one of the sailors yell out, "Land ho." I went on deck and I saw it, The New Land. As we were waiting a few sailors went to go and check it out to see if it was safe.

November 20, 1620

They came back after about a day, then they said that it was safe for us to go and check it out ourselves. I have found out a cool little hang out all ready. I have asked one of the doctors to help me find a medicine for dad. We found something and it helped dad a little. He has started to walk again.

November 21, 1620

I love The New Land. You should come some day and see The New Land. How is Frank doing? Tell Robert that Dad and I are doing alright. I miss you guys.

Sincerely,

Deago

Do you know Ben franklins big ideas. I am going to tell you about a few. I hope you like this essay.

Did you know that Ben Franklin published the first almanac? It had all kind of different bits of information. Some of the information it had is recipes when to plant certain stuff there was a lot more. The name of the almanac was pour Richards’s almanac.

You probably know that Ben Franklin discovered that lightning and electricity is the same thing. Only that lightning was just on a bigger scale with out him there would be no TV or video games or even power in our house. To make sure that his idea was correct he sent his idea to European scientist they proved that he was right.

If you didn’t know Ben Franklin was a very very good negotiator. He talked France into helping us in the revolutionary war. If he did not we probably would still be paying tax today.

Those were some of Ben Franklins grate ideas. There are still a lot more. Hope that you really liked the essay.

Long long ago it was when the seashells were the only living thing. Over the years the seashells formed a rock called lime stone. A few eons passed and the water started to lower and the rock became land. And then the Florida bay turned in to the Florida peninsula.

Do you know what Ben Jonson meant when he said “was not of an age, but for all time? I think he meant that he was way too young to die. I also think that he meant that his plays will live for ever. They have also made his plays in to moves. A lot of his plays are still played to day. That is what I think he meant when he said “was not of an age, but for all time

American music is anything.  There are two kind of American music. One is music you make yourself or music other things make. Some music you can make your self is strong taping whistlings. some other things that make music are animals wind the water. Everything makes music