Evans Blog Page-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

There once was a Turkey

He loved turkey Jerky

It was soon Thanksgiving

It was the end of his living

The turkey was soon his own turkey Jerky

I play Basketball

Basketball is the greatest

I love Basketball

It was a warm sunny day in Virginia Hattie and I are getting married. We are moving to Nebraska to homestead. We have a wagon so we can move the fastest. It took us 1 month too move. We went through some pretty hard times in the wagon. Some days the horses were so tired they didn’t move. A valuable present was a box that Hattie got from her brother. She said it can help us through hard times. When we arrived we got straight to work. By the time we finished the house it was spring. The almanac said their will be grave rains. So one night I heard a big thump. So I walked to the kitchen with Hattie and I felt something wet on me so we looked up and saw a huge hole. A couple months later I had tried fix the hole but we did not have the supplies. So Hattie opened the box to find out their was nothing in it. So I had to find some supplies myself. When I found some wood and a lot of sticky sap and I worked for three days and the roof was fixed. So Hattie was able to make food again but we still had to ration. We were so thankful. After that they learned what was truly inside the box Hope!

September 13, 1620

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hi mom and dad today is the day the May flower sets sail in search of new land. I wish you guys could be here with your sons.

September 15, 1620

Yesterday we set sail to new land. For supper we had salted pork, beans, and bread. But I’m not so sure this food will last to long!

September 17, 1620

This is the 5th day on sea Wyatt and Deago are starting to get sick and Deontae is starting to starve. But I will never give up hope!

September 19, 1620

7th day on the sea and the sailors say theirs a bad storm coming so I probably wont be able to write to you until the start of the new month!

November 23, 1620

46th day on the Sea there is a bad sickness going around *cough* almost everyone on the boat has it. Most people are dying because of this sickness. Others have starved to death. We’re down to eatin rats and dry biscuits and cheese. We should be hitting land in 3 days.

Love,

Evan

November 25, 1620

It’s Evan 1 more days until we hit land and deago dies. These are hard times.*LAND HO* what we hit land. I got to go.

November 26, 2011

Yesterday we hit land their was a crazy party! We sent out a search party it was me, Deontae, Wyatt and Caelin. People said watch out for the wild men and wild men. They handed us our rifles and we were of!

November 27, 2011

We had been searching for a place to start a settlement for a day. We found a perfect hill to build houses. A creek right next to the area. For fresh water. Also a crop area not to far. Now we have what we want. This will be my last entry bye.

Sincerely,

Evan N.

Article posted October 25, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

Do you know about any of Benjamin Franklins big ideas? Well I’m about to tell you a couple.

Did you know that Benjamin Franklin made and published the first almanac? It was called the Poor Richards Almanac. His first edition was published in 1733. Each year he would sell 10,000 copies of his book that is an amazing idea!

Did you also know that Benjamin Franklin was the first person to discover that lighting and electricity are the same? He made this true by making a contraption by making a kite and attaching a string to it. Did you think it worked? The answer is yes it did work and it proved that lighting and electricity are the same.

I know that everybody who views this blog knows that Benjamin Franklin is one of the best negotiators in American history! Wait you don’t know? Well know you do. He was so good at negotiating that he convinced France to join them in the revolutionary war to beat England and give us our freedom. He was also so important that all the girls called him papa.

These are not only Benjamin Franklin’s best ideas but these are some of the world’s greatest ideas

In this blog I am writing about Ben Johnson’s quote that he made after Shakespeare died. He said that Shakespeare “Was not of an age, but for all time?” Well I think he said that in remembrance of Shakespeare and his wonderful plays. I also think he said that be cause he didn’t have a very long lifeline but he made the most of his life. I think he also said that because his plays were phenomenal. Some are so great that they are made into movies and some we sill put on today. That’s what I think Ben Johnson meant when he said Shakespeare “Was not of an age, but for all time?”

The Everglades is a large piece land and water! First it started out as a lime stone rock then water filled the pores and now eons from them the limestone is what we now call the Florida Everglades. But it was not only created by the limestone. The long river of the Florida Everglades was created by a long spill of Lake Okeechobee. Then the animals started to make the Everglades there home. It was a living kaleidoscope! Then people moved in to the everglades and made it their home.:)

I think American music is everything I here. It can be bird singing. Or wind whistling through the trees. Music can be created by humans for instance when people use instrument to make a song or when they use their voice to sing. Music can also be created by nature that is American music!

I am going to tell you about the time when I saw a statue get up and walk away! I was walking on my way to school and I saw a beautiful statue that was never their I guessed that they just built it? I got out of school walked on my same old trail and I was looking at a beautiful view when I hit a stone statue then I said “wha… I thought that was over there yesterday I must be losing my mind!” so early the next morning I walked to school it was six. I hid behind a bush and looked at the statue. Then…it got up and moved to a different place! I was shaking in fear. But I had to do this so I jumped out the bush “aha” then the statue froze in fear. But I said “no reason to be scared” he unfroze then I told about how he was moving and how he can’t do that! So he agreed with me. But I told him that if he came to my house he could do whatever he wanted but only at night! That’s what I think is a good story!

Hi my name is Evan. I am 10 In the 5th grade. I play for a basketball team called the RoadRunners. That explains the bird! :) i am awesome