Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

First the Everglades was created by seashells that formed a rock called lime stone. The lime stone was building up and it was making land but every time it rained the land would make a hole. One time it rained really hard and that made a really big hole on the land.

That big hole made Lake Okeechobee. Then Lake Okeechobee spilled over all the way to Florida bay. It was fifty miles wide and only six inches deep in most places. I hope to learn more about the Everglades by reading more about the ever glades.

Here is how the Everglades were crated. First the seashells formed a rock called the limestone on the sea bottom. Then over the eons the sea lowered down and the rock became land and formed the Florida peninsula. Also the rain eroded holes in the limestone and this is how Lake Okeechobee was made. Over time the lake filled water. After a while the water of the lake spilled. The Lake over filled and became a river that seeped one hundred miles down the peninsula from the Lake Okeechobee to the florid bay. The river was fifty miles wide and only six inches deep in most places.

This is the author’s purpose for everglades. The Author’s purpose is to inform. I want to tell you something the everglade is inform because it tells you about the everglades and how it was made. How the everglade was made Lake Okeechobee and was fill to it was filled to its brim and spilled. I know that when Lake Okeechobee spilled it became the everglades.

By: Maya

Have you ever wondered about the Everglades. The Everglades is 6inch deep. Alligators, birds, deer’s, otter’s, raccoons, fish, and flower tree. So first there seashells. Then the seashells turned into lime stones. Then there was land then the lime stone would hold water then it filled up and flooded. And that’s how we know it today. There you go that’s how the Everglades was made. Now you know.

Hello,

I am gong to talk about how the Everglades were created. First it all started at the age of the seashells. The seashells formed a rock called limestone on the bottom of the sea. Over the eons the sea lowered and the rock became land. The peninsula of Florida took shape in warm, sunny waters. There were tons of storms started happening and then plants grew. The rain eroded and put holes in the limestone and filled them with water. Florida glistened with green land and blue lakes. Lake Okeechobee filled and spilled over. The spill became a river that seeped 100 miles down the Florida peninsula from Lake Okeechobee to the bay of Florida. It was fifty miles wide and only six inches deep. Many animals started moving to the Everglades. That is how the Everglades were created.

Long long ago it was when the seashells were the only living thing. Over the years the seashells formed a rock called lime stone. A few eons passed and the water started to lower and the rock became land. And then the Florida bay turned in to the Florida peninsula.

hello im Enrique im gonna tell you about the Everglades. Ever glades is now like a swamp. some animals there are endagerd becuos pepol lateley have been out snkes like anakondas very dangres and that they have babys so our poplation is going down very bad. Aligators are dieng thats why we need you to hep stop it please.

Hello my name is Kyle. I am going to tell you how the Everglades was created. First, it was the age of seashells. The seashells formed a rock called limestone on the sea bottom. The lake was called Lake Okeechobee. It was round, deep, and it was as clear as window glass. The lake did not splash or chortle. It was a slow lake that gleamed like quicksilver. One-celled animals and plants started to live in the lake. They lived and died and made green soil on the bottom of lake. It made saw grass. The saw grass felt like a trillion swords. Only a alligator could walk though the saw grass without getting poked.

The Everglades was made by Lake Okeechobee. The sea shells make the limestone. The rain made holes in the limestone. The Lake Okeechobee over flooded, spilled over and became a river. This river became the EVERGLADES . TO BE CONTINUED. . .

It first was land then one day a terrible storm came the purple clouds and lots of water and flashing lighting roiled and boomed above the land. Rain gushed from the purple clouds.

The storm stopped and the sun bathed the land in the winter moss and ferns and grass and trees grew. The land became a lake with blues green water so was called “Lake Okeechobee” then as months, years past the blue green water started to dry up and turned it to land.

One of the children asked tell us a happy story. So the man said don’t worry soon the grass, water, plants and animals came back and it was like new one of the children said take us home so we can grow up.

The everglades were made by a rock because it came out of the ocean

How the Everglades was made. It started with a seashell and that seashell joined with other seashells and it made a rock which was a limestone. Over eons went by and it rained and wholes went on the rock and the wholes filed with water.Over more eons that limestone turned in to land. Plants grow and animals came and that was becoming a whole environment. That is how the Everglades were made!

I am going to tell you how the Everglades started. It all started with the age of the seashells, were all that was their was water, grass, and seashells. Then all the seashells formed and became limestone. Over the eons the water lowered. Next the limestone became Florida. Then the Okeechobee river spilled over and was 2 to 3 inches deep. At the end after the river spilled they called it Everglades.

This is how the Everglades was made. First there was a sea. The sea had seashells. Over the eons the seashells became limestone. The moss grew ferns, then grass and finally trees. Lake Okeechobee spilled over into the Florida bay. Saw grass grew and insects came. Only alligators and turtles could go through the saw grass. That’s how the Everglades was made.

I am going to tell you how the Everglade was created. The sea shell made a rock called limestone so it was called the age of sea shells. The water level went down and the rock became a land that people could walk on. Then the rain fell and created a hole and a lake. At the end the river became the everglade. That is how the everglade was created.

The End.

Hey I’m going to tell you how the Everglades was created. It started as an ocean and in the water was a seashell that formed together and made a rock. Then the sea started to evaporate and the seashells that turned into rock turned into land. After a while it started to rain and the holes in the ground filled up and spilled over to Lake Okeechobee and spilled 55 miles down and it was 6 inches tall. After the river was created trees started to grow and plants, moss, and living things. Then animals came and more and more and that’s how the Everglades was created.

First there was sunshine on a blue-green sea. It was the age of the seashells. During the age of the seashells the seashells formed a rock called limestone on the bottom of the sea. Over the eons the sea began to lose more water and the rock became land. Then moss, ferns, grass and trees grew. Then rain came and gushed and rushed from the clouds, and the rain made holes and the holes filled up with rain. That is how the Everglades started.

Hello my name is Kelci. I am going to tell you about the everglades was created. First it was the age of the seashells. Over the years the seashells became limestone. The limestone became land. Lake Okeechobee spilled over and made a river about one hundred miles and sometimes it was only six inches deep in some places. It was the start of the everglades. The everglades is a swamp and it has living animals in it like one celled animals, plants, alligators, panthers, raccoons, deer, pink flamingos, and otter live in the everglades. Storms of Wood storks would drop down and eat snails, little crabs, bugs, and fish. Some plants took root like saw grass, orchids, trees and many more. The first people to come to the everglades were the calusa people they lived happily in the everglades. Then the Spanish conquistadors but they were afraid of the alligators so they left

The Everglades was created because the water spilled over the rim and the rain made holes in the ground. Then a rock named limestone turned i to sand.

Have you ever hear about how the everglades was created?

If you haven’t I’m going to tell you the story!

First it was a seashell that was in the water a long time so it transform into a rock that it was call the limestone rock. Next one day the water level went down so people could walk on the rock Then animals like alligators, turtles, frogs snakes snails (etc) started to come. Last the rock transform into a part of the land. So now is part of the Everglades land.

The everglades started by a seashell. When the seashell is left under water for a long time it turns into a limestone. A limestone is the name of a rock. Then the rock starts getting wholes after that the water goes through the limestone. After when the water goes through the limestone the water flows out and it turns into a river. The End

The ever glades are 6inch deep. A waterfall nearby flooded that’s how the everglades where made. The everglades has saw grass if saw grass touches you‘re clothes will get cut your skin will. It hurts a lot. There are alligators

The Everglades was created during the age of the seashells. The seashells turned into limestone because they were there for a very long time. The water lowered and the seashells became land. The rain created the holes in the limestone. Some of the holes turned into big lakes. Okeechobee spilled until it created the Everglades.

The Everglades is a large piece land and water! First it started out as a lime stone rock then water filled the pores and now eons from them the limestone is what we now call the Florida Everglades. But it was not only created by the limestone. The long river of the Florida Everglades was created by a long spill of Lake Okeechobee. Then the animals started to make the Everglades there home. It was a living kaleidoscope! Then people moved in to the everglades and made it their home.:)

We are going to talk about how the Everglades were made. At first it got made by a river spilling over and going to the Florida Bay. Also there was limestone. The limestone was made by a water making holes in the seashells. Then a lot of animals and plants came. There were lions, panthers, fish, alligators, birds and a lot of other stuff. There was a plentitude of orchids. There was also saw grass only the alligators could get through because of their skin. The Everglades today is now for touring. So that’s all I know about the Everglades.

The Everglades was made by limestone and sea shells. There was so much sea shells the Everglades was called the age of sea shells. There was a lot of wild animals at that point of time. But theres something about the Everglades. The limestone sucked up some of the water. Then some of the part the Everglades turnd in to land. And when the sea shells got so big for some resson burros dug into the ground. So animal liked the Everglades. So when the trees grew they grew in the water so all the tress get there water from the Everglades. And that’s what I know how the Everglades was created.

When sea shells have nothing in it, it gathers other sea shell and it make a big rock called limestone. When there is thunder the thunder hits the limestone and that is what makes the water go lower and the limestone goes to land. There is a lake called Okeechobee and it is deep, round, and clear. It is fifty miles wide and 6 inches deep in some places. The saw grass could cut through your cloths and your skin. That is all of what I learned about the ever glades. Thank you!

First the age of the seashells happened. Next the seashells turned to a rock. The rock is called limestone. Then the water level went down over the eons. rain came down and eroded holes. Those holes filled with water. The big lake the rain made spilled over and the spill made the everglades.

I’m going to tell you how the Everglades were created. It started with seashells formed into rocks on the bottom of the sea. Eons past and the sea shells lowered and became land. A lot of rain came down and trees, grass and other plants grew. Saw grass grew when one celled animals and plants. Animals like fish, alligators, and mammals came to live in the Everglades. People named the Calusas came to the Everglades. But different people named the Spanish Conquistadors ran them off. The Spanish Conquistadors were afraid of the saw grass and roaring animals so they left. The Europeans came and lived there. Engineers drained the fresh water and made cities. All the animal either died or left. That is how the ever glades was created.

First it was the age of the seashells in the Lake Okeechobee. Then the seashells made a rock called limestone. Next the limestone became land because the water level went way down. When a big rainstorm came and Lake Okeechobee got too much water. Finely the overflow of Lake Okeechobee created the Everglades.

The Everglades were made by seashells, and the seashells turned into limestone, and the limestone grew into land. Then over the eons the rain made big holes and the rain filed the holes with water. Also Lake Okeechobee flooded over and went into the Florida bay and then the water traveled to the Everglades. Then fish and snails and alligators, and all kinds of life came into the Everglades. Also people came. That is how the Everglades got to how it is today.

I am going to tell you how the Everglades started. First there were these seashells that were called the Age of the Seashells. Next the seashells formed a rock called limestone. Then rain fell and created holes, which created blue, green lakes. Last the river was called Everglades and now there are fish, reptiles, mammals and much more! That is how the Everglades started!

About the Everglades

In the Everglades there is a lot to see there and you can see tons and tons of animals, and fish! There is so many trees there and the water helps create the roots which make trees and they grow so tall! When you go more into the lake it always gets deeper the deepest is 6 inches deep in most places. That is about the Everglades!

I am going to tell you how the Everglades were created. There was a river in Florida. It was blue-green and there was lightning. The sun bathed and moss, grass, and trees grew. The river did not chortle or splash. There was saw grass. There were turtles, alligators, fish, crabs, snails, flamingos, snakes, panthers, raccoons, deer, songbird, lizards, frogs, anhinga, and herons. The calusa people arrived and they lived gracefully. Then the Spanish conquistadors arrived and the calusa people disappeared. The Spanish conquistadors were scared because there were flesh ripping grass and dangerous animals. So the Spanish conquistadors moved on. Everything makes the earth beautiful.

Everglades is a place in Florida. The Everglades was created by a seashell because the seashell formed a rock and the rock became land. The Everglades has saw grass, it is so sharp that if you walk through it the saw grass will cut your clothes and scratch you up. The Everglades has very dangerous and animals.

The seashell was named the age of the seashells so then it formed a rock called lime. Limestone was formed on the bottom of the sea and then the rain gushed forming the land into holes now Lake Okeechobee filled up and spilled over now the Lake Okeechobee filled everglades.

I am going to tell you how the Ever Glades was created. First the sea shells. The seashells made a rock called limestone so that was called the age of the seashells. Next, the water level went down. The rock became land. Then, the rain fell and created a holes and lakes. Last, the river spilled over and made the Ever Glades. That is how the Ever Glades was created. If you do not believe me then read the book all the facts are in there they are almost the same thing.

The End

This is about the Everglades. The Everglades was once a sea. Then it became into a lake which was called Okeechobee. After it was made into a lake the time came for the seashell age. After the seashell age comes the animals for example birds, fish, raccoons, alligators, crocodiles, panthers, snakes, deer and big and little animal s.

Hi, today I am going to be talking about how the Everglades were created. I hope you like this blog and I hope you enjoy reading this.

During the age of the seashells, the seashells of Florida merged and created a rock called limestone. The rain created holes in the limestone in some areas but the limestone also created land. The holes filled up with water creating streams and lakes. Soon seeds of plants came and made grass, trees, and flowers. The Herbivores came including birds, deer, and many other animals so they could eat the plants. Then Carnivores came to eat prey in the Everglades some of these animals include bobcat, panthers, and alligators. Now that there is land, plants, and animals it can have a title of the type of land and so they called it the Everglades.

That is how the Everglades were created. I Hope you enjoyed reading this blog because I had a good time making this. Thank you.

Hi my name is Geronimo and I am going to tell you about the Everglades. Some of the seashells formed into rocks and they are called limestone. Then the water lowered, it is the miraculous Everglades of Florida. It is a very slow river, it does not move fast. There are two thousand kinds of plants and grasses, palms, vines, bushes and trees including everything it looked beautiful and colorful. There is a lot of animals in the Everglades. That was all I told you about the Everglades.

In this blog, I am going to explain how the Everglades was created. I hope you like it.

One day during the age of the seashells, the sea lowered. The seashells turned into limestone. Over time the sea slowly lowered more and the limestone turned into land. There were many storms during this time. The rain from the storms eroded the limestone and the limestone had holes in them. There were now many new lakes from the water that filled the holes. One of them was Lake Okeechobee. Lake Okeechobee then overflowed. The water that overflowed turned into a river that is now known as the Florida Everglades.