-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Hello my name is CeCe and I am going to tell you about when Hattie opened the box how did she reacted. I think how she reacted when she opened the box is like she was so surprised to see that there was nothing in the box. I bet you that she was looking in the box to see what she could find something. The box had her name on the top of the box. Spencer did not put anything in the box because he had no money. The problem why he did not have any money it is because the some of the animals died. When Hattie and Otto had no food for the cold night the neighbors went to go give them some food. Spencer thought that she will get mad at him but when Otto and Hattie went to go to Spencer birthday party she was not mad she just walked up to him and she said there was no gift but there was hope. So in the box that Spencer gave Hattie had hope. The hope helped them get out of problems and dangers.

Hattie’s birthday box

There once lived a happy family. Their daughter the age of 16 was getting married to a man named Otto. Otto and Hattie decided to move to Nebraska to start a family.

One day while they were stopping to feed the horses one of the horses got scared and ran over Otto. Hattie stopped the carriage and then jumped out to help Otto. She struggled trying to put Otto in the carriage for a few seconds and then got him in. Next she raced all the way to the hospital then finally got there and the doctor said he had so bad news Otto died.

The doctor came out and said it would be $20 but Hattie did not have any money left. Hattie was thinking and had an idea. She thought of the box in the carriage and retrieved it. She was about to open it but the neighbor came to see him but it was to late and they said they would pay for it and not to worry and she said ok. Then Hattie got a call from her mom and she said it was spenders 100th birthday party so Hattie said she was coming she got at the airport and in a few hours Hattie was at her old house she could see inside the house all the people and she opened the door everyone was quiet “Spencer is that you” spenders granddaughter was poking him in the arm saying “granddaddy granddaddy its Hattie” Spencer turned around slowly to meet his marker and they both were happy and they lived happily ever after

Article posted December 21, 2011 at 08:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

One day a woman named Hattie was getting married to man named Otto. Hattie has a brother named Spencer. Wan Hattie gets married Spencer want’s to get her the prefect gift but he did not have money. So he made a wouldn’t box and he carved Hattie’s initial’s on to the box. But Spencer told her that it is something special and that she can’t open in till thing got to its worse.

Hattie and Otto drove to Nebraska to live their. One day the crops burned and they had no food. Hattie wanted to open the box but Otto said that they can ask for food from neighbors.

Wan one of Hattie’s kid drawn and she was devastated and she was going to open the box but then she though she has a kid and one more coming.

Hatties Birthday Box

One beautiful morning Otto and I started getting ready for our 2-month trip to our new home. When I realized that I’m going to be in a carriage for 2months with Otto. Its going to be a very long 2 months but anything to get to our new house in Nevada.

19 days later….

Theres about 11 more days until we get to our new home in Nevada I know it seems like forever but if you have been in a carriage for 19 days than 11 is not a problem to us.

10 days later….

It’s been 10 hot days in our carriage. We’ve only got 1 more day left till we move in.

1 day later….

Were here Otto! We’ve made it and our house is big and beautiful. I didn’t know the house came with dogs! Said Otto. Um.. Those aren’t pet dogs those are wild dogs and there getting closer, Otto what do we do? I don’t know I said wait I still have that box that I got for my birthday it has helped me a lot. Here I go…… nothing. Nothing happened! What our we going to do I said wait on moment if you where a dog than wouldn’t you like food? Otto asked yea of curse I responded. Well don’t we have some left over food said Otto ill check I said I found some! Yay they’re gone. Know we can move into our new home

THE END

One cold afternoon Otto and Hattie where both getting ready to leave to Nebraska. Everybody is very sad as they were leaving before they left Hattie’s brother Spencer gave her a box with her named carved in it HMcB .Then Hattie gave Spencer a big huge hug before she left to Nebraska , But before she left he said never open this box unless you are in true danger.

As Hattie and Otto are arriving they saw they have no more water left so they were dying of dehydration as Hattie remembers the present her big brother Spencer gave her, but as she was about to reach for it her neighbors gave them 12 grapes 6 oranges and a gallon full of water .They were very happy and Thankful , But sooner they didn’t have any place to sleep so they didn’t know what to do.

As Hattie knew that she should of opened it she realized one of her other presents that her cousin gave her had 2 pillows and 2 blankets so what Hattie did is she gave Otto a blanket and a pillow know Hattie was so happy that she saved Otto so Hattie thought about that box she said that box is so special so when nobody was looking she took her box and looked inside and she said oh look at that carving he did oh she said how beautiful she loved it but as she was looking at it she forgot all about her present but right then she wonders where is her present.

Spencer’s daughter gave Hattie a call and invited her to his birthday Hattie was so excited but she was wondering if she could open it but her son was 20 so she just took her girl but as she was spending a day with her girl she drowned she thought of getting the box but then Otto came to the rescue and he saved her , So 2 days later Hattie was getting ready to see her brother and it was a very cold afternoon and Hattie took a blanket just in case .In 2 more weeks they got there Hattie was very happy and sad because all those years she hasn’t seen him.

When she entered everyone made a passage way for her someone got a chair for her and she sat down so when she sat down she gave Spencer a big hug but he said aren’t you mad at me of course I’m not just because you didn’t put anything in there doesn’t mean I hate you I don’t care if I never even got one present it counts of the love and believe you give me . Spencer gave Hattie a piece of cake and hugged her.

One freezing night Otto and I headed out to our new house. It got me tired moving side by side on the way. My bottom hurt, but when I saw a hill I felt my whole life was gone when we went over it. I felt like I was going to die.

It was about to become winter and I had no food. My stomach was growling with hunger and we wouldn’t find the way to our new home. So I tried to look for food but there was no place to look. I was getting tired so I went to sleep in the wagon. Otto came in too. We slept all night, it was morning we heard a noise. We ran outside, Otto and I saw another wagon coming this way. When they stopped they told us if we were lost, I told them we were. I knew not to open the box because it wasn’t the worst it was just bad. Otto wanted to take responsibility and he wanted to find the way home. Even though things got bad they never got to their worst.

The lady in the wagon had food and she gave us some, Otto finally found the way to our house. We were so happy we started building right away. We used some bricks to build the house, as we were building the house we heard a rumbling sound, it was the house. It was burning down. I thought of the box that Spencer gave me; however I felt that it would help me get more supplies. As I was going to open the box it was empty. I didn’t know what do. I was crying and I thought everything was gone for good. I was waiting to see what Otto would say. Just when I told him, he found some wood and I was so happy that we had wood to build another house. We started building right away again. In a few more months Otto died and so did Spencer. We knew the box would give us hope, we were really sad but we got over it. We were a really happy family even though Spencer and Otto died.

The Box

By: Julia G.

It was a rainy day when Otto and I set off to find land that we could build our house on. We brought everything we needed to survive for 4 months. We had blankets, food, clothes, stuff for hygiene and stuff for personal use. Our wagon was fool! Otto and I were really excited and sad all at the same time. We were happy and excited because we were leaving to start our own life and to start a family and we were also sad because we were leaving our family that we love so much. We said our goodbyes and gave our hugs then finally we left to start our life!

The first few days were rainy and cold. One night it was hailing, we had to go somewhere where there was cover so the horses wouldn’t get hurt. Finally after a week of traveling it stopped raining. It was nice and cool at night and sunny by day. It was beautiful! 6 weeks later we saw a butterfly come by. It landed on our wagon. To me and Otto in was a sign that we were really close to Nebraska. We were happy.

Finally we got to Nebraska.YAY! We looked for 3 hours then we finally found the perfect spot to build our house! It was perfect it had nice green grace and a rose bush and a few trees. We also had 3 neighbors (that we liked) , Rosie and Bob with their 2 kids, Jake and Patricia. Then across the street was Rachelle with her husband Ryan and their daughter Carina. Next to Rachelle was Antonette with her husband David and their daughters Rebecca and Regina. They were all so nice!

We started building the next day. We started with the frame and then we put in the floor. The next day we did the roof and we put the walls up. The next day we put the rooms in. After that we started decorating. It took us a month to finish our house. It looked really nice!

Then Rosie, Rachelle and Antonette helped me with the crops. We had girl talk time, it was really fun! Then after 2 weeks my food started to sprout. They said it would take about 1 month for my crops to be fully grown. This is good because that is about the time that we would run out of food.

Before our crops were fully grown we ran out of food so Otto took me into town and we ate at restaurant which we couldn’t do any more because we were running out of money so we would only do it 2 more times then our crops would hope fully be grown fully. He took me to the Shau Lu Lu. It is this really good French place. Otto and I shared a bowl of noodles and we drank some cider. It was a nice night until…

We got home. When we got home there were flames coming from our crops. I panicked. I grabbed a bucket and started throwing water on the fire. Rachelle, Rosie, and Antonette came with their husbands and helped us. Finally after an hour of work it rained and put out the fire for good. Yay. But the girls could tell I was upset and they offered to give us seeds and let us have some food till our crops grew back. But I knew we would need more food than what the girls would give us since I found out I was pregnant so I thought of the box Spencer gave me. I thought there would be jewels in there and I could sell it to get money for money to get food and baby supplies. But when I opened it…

I found nothing. I was furious and sad! I wanted to get revenge. But I had to focus on my problems. But fortunately Otto found a job and we were able to survive. 9 months later we had twin baby girls. Adriana and Cynthia. We were a happy family.

The empty box helps Hattie get through hard times because the box is full of hope. To begin the box is very special to her because her brother made it for her and put her initials on the box. The initials on the box were HMcB. When it was his birthday his sister Hattie was coming to see him. It was his 100thbiirthday party.

He was very scared that his sister Hattie was coming because he has not seen her for a long time. Also he was scared that she would be mad at him for not getting her anything for her wedding day.

When his sister arrived she explained how the boxed helped her through tough times. For example the box brings her hope so when her son died and when the crops caught on fire their neighbors were being neighborly and gave them some of their food, she didn’t need to open the box. She finally opened the box when she saw her brother on his 100th Birthday. The box was empty but it always brought her hope. The man was surprised and happy because she wasn’t mad at him for not getting her a wedding gift.

I and Hattie were on a wagon and when we pulled it the tire came off and we had no luck. Hattie was about to open the box but I told her not to because I could fix it. All I had to do was just get the tire and spin it around and there it would screw on. Then we started are adventure again. We were lucky because we bumped into somebody Hattie new so she invited us to her house to sleep over in till tomorrow. So we stayed. When we woke and left we asked if we could borrow some tools to fix the wagon and she said yes. So then we started are adventure and went to the house we took a nap. When we woke up we ate a snack and got ready to get ready to go to Spencer’s party and left. When we got there we ate something we watched Spencer open his presents and when we were done we ate some cake. And that’s how Hattie and Spencer got along.

One morning I realized my brother, Spencer. Well he has a birthday coming up in three months. He will be one hundred (100) years old. I got Otto (my husband) up. I told him I think we should get up and pack so we can go see my brother. Otto said “you have a brother.” I said yes I do didn’t I ever tell you! Otto said “actually no but on our way to see your brother can we stop at hospital!” I said yes in a deep voice. I said we should start packing. I told Otto may you pretty please with a cherry on top load up the car. Otto told me “we never used the horses the ones that took us off in our carriage when we were getting married.” I told him why not the car fine I’ll start the car. I went outside to start the car and the car was gone. I went back inside to ask where the car is and he told me “it broke down at the end of the street so I came home and got my tool box and I went back and the car is gone. The car was gone, because I accidently left the keys in the car.”I told okay I believe you.

I was so surprised we were already 5 miles away from my house. All of the sudden some wild horses started to appear. They chased us for a while. Then they came faster like they were being chased. They were not being chased by anything except for the dust and wind that they were making. It was getting bumpier, but it wasn’t getting bumpier the wheel from the wagon fell off.

That wheel hit one of the horses. Thank god they all left. We went to a gas station. We asked a gentleman were we can rent a car. The horses came back, but in a bigger group. Otto told me to meet him at the car rental place. I went to the car rental place and I waited one hour. I got worried. I went to go see if he was okay. I was over there and the gas station guy was scared. I asked him if he is okay and where is my husband Otto. The guy pointed by his car. I screamed OTTO sort of in a crying way. I was so sad.

I was half way, still crying. I started looking for that box. I found it and held on to for a while. I really wanted to open it. So I opened it. Before I opened it I wondered what was in it. I was shocked, because when I opened it there was nothing. I was thinking why, why would he do this to me when I am in the middle of starvation. That was the first time I ever thought negative. I stopped to get some rest. When I woke up and heard some yelling, Hattie nonstop. They stopped. I shouted what. A truck pulled up and it was that gas station guy with Otto. I was so happy that he was alive. They came with food. They had the wagon in the back of the truck. I have only I month to go to my brother’s 100th birthday party. The gas station guy had told us his name. The name was Joshua. Joshua said there is an airport 2 miles east.

Otto and I got on the plane in a big group of people. We are on our way to see my big brother. My brother’s birthday is in 2 weeks. I realized I am a state away. So we tried to get in a group of people, but the security threw us out. My husband got mad so he ran across the street and got hit by a truck. He survived but he got really hurt. That truck wanted to make it up to us so I told him if he knew my brother Spencer McLintic. The truck dude had told me that he has a name. I asked him what is your name. He told me Michael. He told me he is going to my brother’s house, because it is going to be his birthday. We arrived at the party and everyone stared at me. I was trying to get Otto out of the truck, but I couldn’t, because he was dead. I acted like nothing happened. I walked In the home. I walked towards my brother and gave the box to him. He had told me “What happened.”I told him my husband almost three times, but the fourth time he died.

On a warm morning me and Otto arrived at Nebraska when we got to our land I deiced to open the box when I opened the box I was stunned that there was nothing in it I thought it could help me to get materials to build the house and me and Otto ran out of food but the neighbors were nice and gave us some food until our crops grew back. When my son died in from a terrible bull accident I was very sad but I kept my hopes up because I still have my daughter and my son.

one beautiful morning I and Otto start packing for our trip to go to our new house up in Nevada but im not to happy with being in a carriage for almost a month but anything to get were we want to go.

We have been traveling for almost 28 days now maybe just 2 more days to go ya that’s crazy! But if you already been there in a carriage for 28 days then 2 days is no problem. I am so exited I can’t wait to get there.

Yay! Were are finally here are house is so beautiful. So big and brown. I love it! Otto do you like it? YA said Otto what’s wrong? There’s a pack of wild dogs surrounding us said Otto. Otto there getting closer! What do we do said Otto. Maybe they want our left over diner lunch and breakfast. Ok ill give it to them and maybe they’ll leave said Otto (few seconds later)…… why are they still here I asked? We need to do something fast because there just getting closer. My boxes if I don’t open it know then things will only get worse. ……….there’s nothing here to help us not even hope. Hattie what are we going to do? Well they can’t stay here all night long. Wait! I have an idea said Otto

Find a stick Otto said ! Found one! Ok now through it and see if they go away said Otto (one minute later) yay there gone now we can finally. Get in our new beautiful house.

Our house is so pretty!! We just have to decorate it to make it ours!

One warm sunny day, Hattie and Otto arrived at their land to homestead. As soon as they got there they started building.

They worked until sundown and they were so tired! Then they went to bed in their wagon without putting their supplies away!

Then a pack of wild dogs came and took all the supplies away and messed up all their work! When Hattie and Otto woke up they realized there was a problem!

Hattie opened her birthday box that her brother Spencer told her to open when times got at worst, hoping there was jewelry inside that she could sell the box that she could sell, and the box was empty! She was so mad! She even started to act like a little kid pitching a fit!

Then Otto found the supplies 2 miles away from the house that would build the house! She was so exited and relived that Otto had found everything. As soon as they finished breakfast they started building.

In conclusion I hope you liked my short story! And be sure to post a comment! Thanks for reading again!

On one sunny warm day Otto and I were just arriving to our new home. But I was so bored because Otto kept on talking he would not stop bragging about that it would take a lot of time build a new house and I farm. But I just felt like leveling him there and going back home with my family.

But I was out of luck because right when we got off of the wagon one of the wagons wheel broke I was so mad because I was still stuck with Otto. The next day Otto got up early to start building our new home. At list he was doing something besides talking that was a good thing. The next day I was very tried because I could not sleep because Otto was still working with our new home.

The next day our new home was half way finish that night me and Otto began to small smoke we ran outside and all of our crops were Bern in that moment I thought of the box but Otto told me no we could do this on our own so I let him do what he wanted to do the next day I was very hungry me and Otto ate a sandwich but we were rationing our food so we would have enough food for each day. That afternoon Otto finally fished our new home we were so happy that we had now a new kitchen a new living room we were really to start our new life.

Day passed and there was a new member in our family our new baby child we were now oafishly a new family and soon there was a baby girl coming and we lived happily ever after

The End

By Lisa

One afternoon Otto and I traveled to Nebraska. I got a gift from Spencer. I couldn’t open it unless if things get worst.

When we finally arrived something shocking happened. On our first winter, we ran out of food.

I thought to open the box to see if it could help us. I almost opened it, but I remember that Spencer had said to only open it unless if things get worst. Otto and I were trying to concoct a plan. We couldn’t think of a plan.

I thought hope would be in that box but when I opened it, it was empty. I was so mad at Spencer. Finally we thought of a plan. We thought to let people be neighborly. I also learned to let people be neighborly.

I know that Otto and I will make it through this difficult time

One warm and sunny afternoon Otto and Hattie had traveled to Nebraska where the wide open plains are. They traveled there to start a new life as they recently got married. Everyone was sad, but happy at the same time when they left. They made Hattie a going away party and birthday party at the same time, she was sixteen. Hattie got lots of presents before they left Hattie’s Brother Spencer gave her a box and said a terrible lie. He said that if something terrible happened the ultimately worst thing ever that she can open the box and it will help her, but Spencer didn’t have money to buy anything so it was just an empty box.

As they arrived at their spot Otto and Hattie got off the wagon and smelled the fresh air. They started walking and they heard a rattling sound. Then a snake jumped out of the ground and bit Otto. Hattie panicked and Otto said “go check if there are any neighbors who know how to treat snake bites”. So Hattie set of on the wagon with Otto on the back. They stopped at the first house Hattie saw. Hattie raced down to the door and knocked. Someone answered the door and said “how can I help you” Hattie quickly replied “my husband got bit by a snake and he needs to be treated”. The woman said “my husband is a doctor.”

They took Otto inside and laid him in the bed. Then the doctor came in and said where he got bit by the snake and how the snake looked like. Otto said that he heard a rattle then the snake jumped up and bit him on the leg. “Oh it’s a Rattlesnake” said the doctor “that’s a very poisonous snake” “I am going to need to put some herbs on your leg” said the doctor. “Ok” said Otto. The doctor stepped out to get the herbs Hattie said “is Otto ok?” The doctor said “I am going to put on special herbs that can heal snake bites, but he might not survive.” After the doctor got the herbs he put them on Otto’s leg and told Otto to not move his leg until the he took off the herbs.

The next day Hattie stayed at the doctor’s house and slept there. They had already built their Soddy and they had an extra room. In the morning after they gave Hattie breakfast she asked “how much will it cost for the snake bite?” The doctor said “it costs 100 dollars” Hattie replied “ok, I’ll go to my wagon and get something I can probably sell you” so Hattie went outside and got the box. Then she went inside the Soddy and opened the box. Hattie had a scared face when she opened the box. The doctor’s wife asked “what happened?” Then Hattie said “the box is empty, I thought I had something I could sell you like a necklace or ear rings.” “How am I going to pay you?” said Hattie in sadness, but that sadness went away when the doctor said “you don’t have to pay anything, in fact if you need help with anything we can help you.”

“Oh thank you” Hattie said with joy jumping up and down. After a few days Otto was finally healed and Otto and Hattie were going back to their land the doctor said once more “if you need help with anything we will always be here.” Hattie was a little mad at Spencer for not putting anything in the box but Hattie understood that he probably didn’t have any money. The end.

One cold nice morning Hattie and Otto went on their old nasty wagon and traveled to Nebraska. The terrain was very bumpy. The horse kept on making sounds and they were very cold, the wind kept on blowing extremely hard.

3 months later… Hattie and Otto finally got to Nebraska. They were so excited. When they got everything situated, they went hunting. They were extremely hungry. They went out to the woods to find food. They didn’t want to walk because they were already tired. So they walked to the woods and found food. Then right when they started leaving, Otto heard of a snake. They looked around for the snake and Otto got bite. Hattie and Otto ran to their house and told their neighbors and told them to call the doctor. Otto couldn’t run but he ran as hard as he could to get back to their home. When the doctor came to Hattie’s and Otto’s house, Hattie started screaming, “Help my husband, he got bite by a snake by a poisons snake”. So the doctor told Otto, “I’m going to have to suck up the poisons” and the doctor said,” Is that fine? “And Otto said,” That is fine “.

After the doctor sucked all the poisons out of Otto’s leg, Hattie was wondering how she was going to pay the doctor. Hattie was thinking she can sell the jewelry Spencer put in the box and Hattie can give the money to the doctor. Hattie checked the box and it was empty. So she wondered how she was going to pay the doctor.

Hattie was still thinking how she was going to pay the doctor. There was a knock, she opened her door and it was neighbors. When Hattie opened her door her neighbors asked,” Are you okay Hattie”? and Hattie said “No” and the neighbors asked,” Why?” “I don’t have enough money to pay the doctor because of what happened to Otto” said Hattie. Hattie and Otto’s neighbors said, “Its okay, I’ll pay the doctor! Hattie was so happy at that moment!

I know that Otto and Hattie will make it through this difficult time.

Dear Diary,

Today I and Otto have arrived at Nebraska in our wagon. We will settle in as soon as Otto builds us a home. We can’t wait to meet the neighbors and plant our crops. Starting now it’s a new life. We will see what fate has for us!

The worst thing happened last night! A bear ate all of the food from the wagon. Now we do not have anything to eat! Otto try’s to calm me down but I was freaking out! I was so mad and sad at the same time. Then I remembered a box that my brother gave me and felt a little better because he said only to open the box if things got their worst. I did not know what to do but open the box.

The day after I still felt bad and sad about the bear taking all the food. I thought all was lost and we would starve. So I thought I could open the box Spencer my dear brother gave to me, it has given me hope the whole time and now I finally can open it! As I am slowly opening it I am thinking what it could possibly be, like a necklace, or a bracelet and maybe even a ring. So I removed the top and looked inside and there was nothing inside the box, at first I didn’t know what to think but then I thought that the box gave me hope and then I felt really good and the box was a life saver!

The next day I calmed down a little bit. Otto suggested that he would go find a river and go catch fish. Well he went looking for a river I decided to go and collect berries since our crops had not grown yet. That night Otto brought home some fish and I brought home some berries and it was a great meal!

In the end it all turned out fine, when are crops grow we will be better out then we are now! Even though that the box my brother gave me was empty me and Otto are just fine how everything turned out.

Hattie and Otto sat in the wagon. They set off to nebekna, Otto was talking a lot. They are going to nebekna. When they got out of the wagon, they walked a little bit but they forget they had no food. So they did not now, what to do about it. Then Hattie opened the box but their was noting in the box. So they did not now what to do. But the neighbors come and give them food to eat them where so glad that they got some food. That was nice of them to give them the food so they went to look for a new house. For Halite and Otto.

One beautiful morning Otto and me went to Nebraska after our beautiful wedding we said bye to everyone cried but before we left my brother Spencer gave me a wooden box. He said just use it for hard time’s or even worse time’s.

We arrived in Nebraska but we forgot where to go in Nebraska. So we kept on thinking and thinking and we get anything. So I was thinking of opening the box but I don’t know yet.

So we couldn’t think so I’m going to open the box . . . . . wait a minute there’s nothing in here. Maybe if I think it will work. I worked I remembered! I told Otto where we are and he got exited and told the driver.

We got home and put everything in the house before we lay down and rest cause it was a long ride. A few years later Otto died and I this time again I’m opening the box because this is a hard time.

When I went down to the nursing home in Washington, DC for my brother Spencer. It looked like he was nervous to see me. I sat next to him and he asked me about the box and he said are you mad when I lied to you. I said no it really helped me with my hard times.

One sunny afternoon Hattie and Otto left to Nebraska. They were so excited to start their trip. The only bad part was that it was bumpy the whole way, they wanted to go to sleep but they couldn’t because it was too bumpy and they didn’t want to miss the beautiful land in Nebraska. Plus they were afraid they would over sleep. So they got up early and went off. Before they left Spencer said “Wait! Here is a present. Only open it if times get really bad.” She said, “Ok.” So they went.

As soon as they got to Nebraska they started building, they built and built until a thunder storm struck. They went inside the house and just as they started to settle in lightning struck the roof of their house.It made a big hole and created a leak of water that came rushing down into the house! They tried and tried to cover it up with whatever they could blankets, towels, and even some of their gifts they had got from their wedding.

Then Hattie thought of the box, she felt relived. Then she went to where she keeps the box and opened it. She saw that there was nothing in there nothing at all. So she screamed. She thought that it must have fallen out on the way there but then she saw that there was a lock to it and that it couldn’t have fell out. So then she just wanted to skin Spencer alive she was furious. She could not help but keep on screaming. Then she really lost hope! :( :( :( :( :( : :(!

So then they started to walk In the cold dark rain. So finally 3 miles later they found some neighbors. Their names were Kayla and Michael.Kayla and Michael asked them if they needed help with anything, they sadly told them the whole story of what had happened to them, since they had got there. Then they started walking to the neighbors house.It was beautiful they thought that it was the best house they had seen yet.After a few minutes of admiring, Their neighbors gave them a ladder and some bran new wood to fix the leak.They were so thankful they said thankyou a million times it felt like. so then they walked back to their prairy house feeling exited and loved then they lived happily for the rest of there lives in Nebraska!

One warm morning Otto and I traveled to Nebraska. We bought a wagon and set out for our exploration. It was a very long trip, it was extremely boring. It felt like a million years. We had to stop for different reasons. One time we ran out of food and had to go find some. It took forever to find some.

As we were looking for food a tree branch fell off a tree and hit Otto in the head and he was knocked out. I saw that he was bleeding. I was so scared. We needed help imediately and so I thought something would be in the box when I looked it was empty. I was super scared I ran as fast as I could to town. I found a doctor he did not help us because he wanted money. About thirty seconds later a man had come in he was tall and had black hair and he heard everything. He paid the doctor and me and the doctor ran to his wagon and we rode much faster than me running.

When I saw Otto he wasn’t looking good at all. The doctor said he lost a lot of blood all ready. But he might recover. But he covered his wound with a rag. He started to wake up and I started to feel better. When the doctor was done he told me that he will be weak for a while then the doctor left us alone. I told him about the tall man that helped us paying the doctor. Otto was so great full for that man that helped us.

Then when Otto and I got back in the wagon and we rode to a place that was just dirt. And Otto started building a few months he was done. He made a small cabin. And we lived there for ten years. And that is my story. The end

It was a warm afternoon, Otto and Hattie where getting ready to head to Nebraska to homestead. As they were leaving, Hattie’s brother Spencer gave her a box. He said do not open right away. Only when things there toughest. Only when things got there worst. Hattie put the box under the wagon seat and off they went.

When they got to Nebraska, a wagon wheel fell off. They had no idea what to do. They sat there for a couple of minutes thinking of what to do. Then Hattie thought of something. She thought of the box.

Hattie ran to get the box. She thought that there will be something to help them. When she opened it, there was nothing. Hattie screamed and then Otto told her to calm down. He finally thought of something.

Otto made two mud bricks for the wagon. Hattie was relieved that Otto thought of the mud bricks. They ate their dinner on the wagon. After they ate they looked up at the stars. After that they went to bed.

When it was their first winter, they ran out of food. Hattie yet again thought of the box. Hattie knew the Otto and herself would make it through without the box. They went to go ask their neighbors. Then Hattie knew to let the neighbors be neighborly.

One warm morning Otto and I traveled to Nebraska. We had to keep stopping because of the horse. Worst of all it was boring! I had to find the food. One late night Otto and I were really hungry so I went to find food but when I was walking I heard a bear behind me. I was so scared I had no idea what to do. So I ran to the wagon I lost the bear I said to Otto next time let me bring a bigger light.

A weird event happened as we got to our land, a wagon wheel fell off. I was so sad now we can`t travel any more I am so sad. All I ever wanted to do is travel now I can`t. I hate this old wagon and worst we do not have mud bricks.

I thought hope would be in the box but it was empty! I called Otto and I said Otto look it is empty EMPTY OTTO. I am so mad I am going to walk back and yell at Spencer. Otto said stop just stop. Otto made two mud bricks. But Spencer he tricked us we need that money. How can Spencer do this it is not funny.

I know Otto and I can make it with our hard times. So what we did was we let the horse go and we just left the wagon left. When we were walking and walking we saw a cabin we ran to it and knocked no one was there. So we went inside and it was perfect and better yet there was a berry tree in the back. So Otto and I lived happy ever after.

One sunny afternoon, there was a couple named Hattie and Otto. They were traveling to Nebraska to start a new life. The trip took almost two months to get to Nebraska. They traveled on a wagon with the horses pulling them.

Then finally, they got to their land. Out of nowhere, one of the wagon wheels fell off! Hattie thought that they could not go anywhere anymore. Then Otto made a mud brick to hold up the wagon until they got a spare wheel.

The next day, while Otto was working outside, a spider bit him! Hattie was looking for a doctor. She finally found one, but it would cost a lot of money. Hattie had to spend all her money! Hattie then had no money and thought that they would lose the land. The neighbors were generous to let Hattie and Otto stay at their house for a while. Otto finally got better, but Hattie and Otto were still staying at their neighbor’s house. Hattie had to see if there was any money in the box.

Hattie was about to open the box, but something stopped her. The neighbors were very rich, so they gave Hattie and Otto some money. Hattie said that they did not need to, but the neighbors insisted. Hattie thought that giving them money was so thoughtful of the neighbors so Hattie and Otto went back to their land. They were very happy. Hattie decided that she wanted to see if some money was in that box.

So Hattie went to get the box out. When Hattie opened it, the box was empty! Hattie was so mad at her brother, Spencer! But she was also happy because it was also a box of memories!

When Hattie wrote a letter to Spencer, Hattie said she was a little mad, but then she was happy because the box was full of memories. Hattie also said that she might visit him. So, when Spencer got the letter, he was so surprised! He had not seen Hattie in almost a year! So when Hattie saw him on his 100th birthday, they were so happy! But Hattie had to go back home. She was sad, but she very happy too. Hattie was happy because she got to see Spencer! Hattie also kept the box in a special place. Her heart!

It was a rainy day outside, when I and Otto woke up from being on a long journey to get to our piece of land. When we woke up we were in the middle of nowhere and we were in our wagon. When we started to get going again we were finally getting to our piece of land. When we were finally getting to our land we noticed a house and a little farm getting bigger and bigger so we figured it was our neighbors.

When we got to the neighbors we saw a grown man and a young man out working out on the yard. I told Otto to get down and to introduce us. He did and when he did the grown man, Bob, asked if we would want to join him for dinner. Otto said yes, accurse because we had nothing grown, not a house to have supper in so we were more than happy to come over.

So that night we went over and we had supper with them. They had told us that they had been homesteading for about three years. So we learned that they were a family of four. The dads name was Bob, the mother was Barbara, the son Michael, and there was a baby on the way her name would be Patricia. We said that once we had got ourselves settled we would invite there family over.

When Otto was starting to get some wood from a market 30 miles away he started to put the framing of the house up. So that night we had to stay in the wagon and sleep in there. I was so glad that we had nice friendly neighbors and they cared for us. That night Otto stayed up until dawn and he worked on the house. He planned for it to be a medium sized house not to big not to small just right so we could grow a family there. And he also wanted it to be a rock or brick house. So the next day he went to the same little market and he bought both wood and rock. He said “I want you to pick the type”. So when he arrived I pick the brick house instead of the rock house.

So he had the frame he just needed to put the brick up. So while he did that I went over to the neighbors and I talked to Barbara. She and I wanted to put together some blankets for the upcoming winter. While we were doing that she gave me some advice for the days to come until we got to settling down here in Nebraska. So she said I will need to the basics that I need to keep warm and all the stuff you would have to do to keep warm. That night Otto finished the house and we slept in there that night.

The next morning it was like about 2 o’clock in the morning and me and Otto woke up and when we saw and smelled that there was a fire. We went outside and the whole outside was burned prairie. So we quickly went into action we grabbed a bucket of water we had brought with us for the trip. So we through that all over the prairie and we tried not to panic.

We ended up staying up all night that night so we went over to the neighbors and we told them everything that had happened. They said the same the same thing happened to them .so we just stayed there that night and the boys stayed up and watched to make sure nothing would happen.

The next morning Barbara made us break feast and then here and in went to the hair parlor. She said it would be a welcoming present, So I let her take me. When we got there like 1 hour later, she let me get some groceries and some other needs. Then she took me to get my hair done. I loved going with her she was like my mother by know.

When we got back Bob was helping Otto with some tinkering in case something at our house happens. Barbara and I went into the house and we sat down and I made some of the tea I got at the store. And we talked about some of the other neighbors and how not to go to Georgia’s house and ask for something. We invited them over for dinner. I made my family’s secret recipe for green bean casserole. Everyone liked it. The kids played outside. And the adults just chatted. We had a great time.

That night Otto and me had such a great night. We got to sleep in our own bed and not in the wagon. And we had a great friend gathering. I and Otto decided we wanted to have kids like the Johnson’s. So that night we wanted to go to the market and get some supplies for the baby. So we just got the stuff we would need the most. So we go some cloth to make diapers, and some little bottles, and we got different color cloth to make clothes for the baby(s).

That next morning we went over to Barbara’s house and we told here we would them that we would be expecting. And she said that she was sooooooo happy for us. And then everyone started to cry. And we told here that Otto would be going away for a little while because he wanted to make money for when the baby(s) came. He wanted to get a job as a carpenter but there wasn’t a person who needed anyone for like about 300 miles south so he decided that he would just work for anything he could do.

So he left this upcoming morning and when he left he was so nervous to leave me alone. But he wanted the baby(s) to have a good life. So he decided to only leave for two months, he’d come back in time for the baby(s) to be born and to watch the baby(s) grow. So he left on the month that we had settled in the little house.

I told Barbara that I would be fine by myself, because she was still so nervous for me. When I got back home I found out that we had not had any food in the cupboard or in the shelves. I saw that there were a pack of javelinas that were feeding. So I had thought that the box that Spencer my brother gave me would have something very valuable in there so I could sell it but when I went to go look in the box I found nothing I was soooooo shocked that there was nothing in there so I got soooooooooo mad at Spencer I wanted to beat him so bad.

So that same day I went over to Barbara’s house and I told her everything and she gave some of her corn she had grown and she gave me some dinner in a paper plate. I told her that I didn’t know what I was going to do for those next two months. She said she would take me out to go shopping by the nearby town but she had to take ots of food because it was like 2or 3 days away.

I loved that she cared for me and she was willing to take me out to go shopping I told her that I would d lots of stuff for her around the house. She said it wouldn’t be necessary but I told her I would do it just because. So when we were on our way there we were talking the whole way about baby names and what to do so the baby doesn’t get an outy.

A few days’ later we arrived to that little town. It was so small. It had a few little cute shops. They looked like the ones I went to when I went to my mom when I was a little child. We went into about 3 different shops. I found a bunch of cute little pieces of cloth. Then we decided to go to the grocery store. It wasn’t really a store it was just a little fruit and veggie stand. Then we went home and it took us another 2 days. When we finally arrived to the house we were so happy to be home. When I got home I started to knit the little clothes and onezies for the kids.

…9 months later…

When I was fully pregnant Otto was back and we were about to have the baby. One nigh I woke Otto and I told him that my water broke so I told him to go get Barbara. When he came back the kids were about to come out. When they came out they were a boy and a girl there names were Patricia and Jake Ryan. They were the cutest little kids in the world. I loved them.

The End

One cool morning, Otto and I traveled to Nebraska. The road was bumpy. We could only take a small amount of supplies with us, or it would slow down our wagon. Our horses are slow and tired. We have to travel a long distance to get to Nebraska. We only have bread and vegetables left. I wish we could get there faster.

A shocking event happened! Just as we got to our land, Otto exclaimed that he did not know how to build a house! We had food, we had water, but we did not have any money! We will have to sleep in our wagon until we have something to sell.

I thought the box would have something precious, like gold or some gems, but it was empty! I thought that we would be able to get a house! I wanted to ride right back to Spencer and tell him what happened!

Some neighbors of ours said they had to move away because their uncle had a serious disease. They said we could live in their house if we gave them one of our horses. We thought it was a fair trade, so we accepted.

The house had some beautiful apple trees nearby, so we had something to eat. Some other neighbors were very kind to us. They would invite us to dinner, or to a party. Our settlement grew and grew, and we lived very comfortably. I love our new settlement!

One warm sunny morning Otto and I headed to our new home inside and out.

Two years later I and Otto finished

The house it was so nice. I remember the gift that my big brother gave me could help but it was just an empty box. Just a hope was lost

Otto found big rocks a made shelter for us. Even tough times are hard I know we will survive.

One day Hattie was getting married to Otto and she was just sixteen. The next day Otto and Hattie where going to Nebraska, when Otto and Hattie had got to Nebraska they had ran out of food.

They were living in a wagon and they did not have anything and they did not have jobs. It was hard for Otto and Hattie, they were so hungry and Hattie could not take it anymore. So Hattie told Otto, "I am going to open the box." But then Otto said, "No, we can do this." But Hattie said, "No I am going to open the box." And Hattie opened the box. She thought that there was going to be something that would be worth something and that they would have money to buy food. However, there was nothing in it, she wasn’t sad or mad. She was just normal.

Finally Otto and Hattie got jobs and they had money to buy food. I hope you like my story.

One early morning Otto and I started off to our new home. It was in Nebraska. We are going on a wagon with 1 cow. While we were arriving. I got down and started looking around while Otto was doing something in the wagon. While I was looking around I saw a pack if coyotes looking around for food on the land. I ran back to the wagon and told Otto, told him about the coyotes. I told him I was going to open the box but he said we could do it ourselves. So we went quietly looking for wood to light up with fire to scare them away.

So we went out looking for wood to light up and scare the coyotes away. We found some wood and we lit them up and scared them away. So me and Otto scared those coyotes away, so we planted our crops. The plants grew and me and Otto had kids and lived happily.

In the middle of August, my husband Otto and I were going t Nebraska. Before we left, I said good-bye to my older brother Spencer. He gave me a box that had my initials on it. He told me that there was something special in it. He said, “When times are hard, open this box. Okay Hattie?” I said okay. So we left and it was a very long trip. We took food, tools to build, wood, crops, and clothes. One day it was very hot and another day was very cold. Sometimes I would sleep in the wagon while Otto drives the wagon. While Otto drove, I was thinking how to ration our food so we don’t run out. It took about three days to get to Nebraska.

When we got to Nebraska, we started to build our house and plant our crops. While we built our house, Otto and I slept in the wagon. Suddenly there was a prairie fire. It burned our crop and house down! Otto and I was very worried and scared. We didn’t know if we can build our house, or plant crops again. Probably there was a neighbor a mile away. Otto and I were too tired to do ANYTHING!

I remembered that I got a present from Spencer! Spencer said there was something very valuable in it. Maybe the valuable things in the box will help Otto and I buy more crops and wood. When I opened it, there was nothing in it! I was SO mad at Spencer! There was no valuable thing or anything in the box. I can’t believe that Spencer lied to me! I wanted to go back and give Spencer a piece of my mind.

Just as I thought everything was lost, Otto found a forest that was a minute away! So we got in the wagon and drove over there. I was so happy Otto found a forest! Otto cut some wood from the trees and we headed back to our home stead (or some of it because of the fire). About an hour of building, I remembered that we brought food and that it was in the wagon!

SO I went to the wagon and got the food out. Otto stopped building to see what I was doing. He was SO happy that we still had food! So we ate some food in the wagon and, somebody knocked on our wagon. Her name was Abigail and she saw that there was a prairie fire and she brought us some more wood and crop seeds. She lived in the forest and she said if we need ANYTHING, she would help us.

Even though times are hard, we will have a great life!

One warm sunny morning Hattie and Otto headed out to their new home. Otto and Hattie just got married. They were moving to Nebraska. On the trip they had to ration their food so they could eat it before they cropped their land. When they got to the land they had enough food to last. They decided to build a house.

While they were building Otto got sick. Otto had a fever. Hattie had to build the house on her own. She had to crop the land alone. She also had to nurse Otto. The house wasn’t getting built. Hattie tried building the house on her own but she couldn’t do it. It was very hard.

Hattie thought her present could buy medicine for Otto. Hattie opened the box. There was nothing inside. She didn’t know what to do. She was scared. She thought she could do something but there was nothing to do.

Many days later Otto felt better. He was walking and he was healed. Hattie was so happy, it was amazing. Otto was perfectly better and he helped her with the house.

In the end they finished the house. They cropped their land. Otto built a special place in the house for the box. It was for protection. Hattie and Otto continued on with their lives.

The End

It was a warm sunny day in Virginia Hattie and I are getting married. We are moving to Nebraska to homestead. We have a wagon so we can move the fastest. It took us 1 month too move. We went through some pretty hard times in the wagon. Some days the horses were so tired they didn’t move. A valuable present was a box that Hattie got from her brother. She said it can help us through hard times. When we arrived we got straight to work. By the time we finished the house it was spring. The almanac said their will be grave rains. So one night I heard a big thump. So I walked to the kitchen with Hattie and I felt something wet on me so we looked up and saw a huge hole. A couple months later I had tried fix the hole but we did not have the supplies. So Hattie opened the box to find out their was nothing in it. So I had to find some supplies myself. When I found some wood and a lot of sticky sap and I worked for three days and the roof was fixed. So Hattie was able to make food again but we still had to ration. We were so thankful. After that they learned what was truly inside the box Hope!

It was a warm summer morning and my wife Hattie and I were going to Nebraska with a box for Hattie from my brother in law. After about 3 or 4 hours our horse fell asleep. So I also fell asleep, but Hattie stayed awake. She was thinking about what is in the box because Spencer (my brother in law) told her not to open it unless things got there worst. After I woke up I fed the horse and we went a little further.

Finally we got to Nebraska. I just started working on the house. Hattie wanted me to make a spot to put the box in. After that I finished the house. Now I started to work on the fence. I just broke my leg.

I have to go to see the doc. Hattie just opened the box and nothing is in the box. I don’t know if I can make it. I might have to cut it off. Now I just sit in my chair.

Apparently my leg healed. I didn’t have to spend a dime. Hattie thinks that I should still rest. After a day or two I started walking. After about four days I could jog.

After everything that has happened I finished the fence. Our crops grew bigger than ever. Our cattle gave a lot more milk. Hattie made me sweaters to improve the house in the winter. That is my story.

One cold and rainy morning Hattie and I finally got to our new home. The rain cleared up when we stepped on our new land. It felt really good to say our new land.

Hattie and I were building our new home. While Hattie was putting the finishing touches on the house, I was cutting down a tree for the fire place. Just when the tree I was cutting fell the wrong way and fell on the house.

Hattie was really mad when she saw the house collapse. She ran to the wagon and opened the box. She realized there was nothing in the box for a second she thought I had stolen the priceless jewels or necklace but I proved I didn’t. She was crying really loud and stayed in the wagon. It was getting dark and I didn’t know what to do to solve this problem.

The next day some kind neighbors offered us shelter and helped us build a house with their own materials. Hattie was getting happy but still mad because there wasn’t anything in the box.

It worked out with me and Hattie and all of these years have passed and she is still upset about the box.

Last night Hattie and Otto got married, and Otto started loading the wagon for tomorrow morning so that they were ready to leave to go to Nebraska. Then the next morning Hattie woke up and she got ready to go leave. After she was done getting dressed she said good-bye to all her family and then she got a special present from her brother Spencer. He said not to open it unless something bad happened. Then after that they were in the wagon and they were gone.

Once they got there they were so excited! When they got there it was night time and Hattie and Otto were tired. So Otto set up the tent and then they put their clothes under themselves because they didn’t have blankets. Then in the middle of the night it started to get windy and 10 minutes later the wind was really bad. It was so windy it blew away the tent and Hattie and Otto were doomed.

The next morning Hattie woke up and she checked to see if the box that Spencer gave her had blown away as well, but the box was still in the safe place that she hid it. She guessed that it must have been too heavy to blow away. Hattie looked around and saw Otto looking for the tent and they thought all was lost when their tent blew away with their clothes, so Hattie opened the box and saw that nothing was in there. She didn’t know what to do, but she didn’t worry too much but when she opened the box her mouth was open for 5 minutes, with her jaw open because it was empty. At first she was mad but Otto told her to cool down.

Just when they thought everything went bad, their neighbors had seen them disappointed, their neighbors came over and gave them an extra tent so that they could sleep somewhere. They were so thankful to their neighbors because without them Hattie and Otto would have no where to sleep but the hard ground. Well Hattie was talking to the neighbors, Otto was putting up the tent and it was more complicated then the other tent, but the tent is perfect. They even brought them blankets and Hattie said that they were the nicest neighbors ever. She was really thankful.

Even though it is tough with the weather, Hattie and Otto know that it will get better. As long as they get rocks to hold up the tent, but they said through all of this they learned a lot. Now they wanted to live their lives, and now Hattie and Otto were prepared for the rest of the winter.

The End.

One sunny morning Otto and I set out to Nebraska and we had to ride a wagon to Nebraska. Otto and I ran out for food because we didn’t rations like food for today, food for tomorrow and food for the next day and we ask the neighbors for food. I open the box it was empty. Even know we ran out of without opening the box we asked our neighbors and they were kindly for giving us food. Well we have been having trouble at our home. So we end up having a good time in our new house.

One warm and sunny morning, Hattie and Otto headed out to their land out in Nebraska to homestead. They told me that it was a bumpy ride. They had to ration food so that they would still have food at their new land and live in the wagon. Once they got there they both said that the land was nice, it was very big too.

As soon as Hattie and Otto started to build the house a massive storm appeared and a lightning bolt struck their house. It made the house burn down, luckily no body got hurt. Otto said that they can still make it through the rough times. So they had to go back to living in their wagon.

As the house was burning down Hattie thought about the box that Spencer gave her. She went over to the wagon, she was about to open it but then she stopped. She thought about Spencer, he told her to only open it if things got there worst. Otto said that they can still make it on their own. So she did not open the box.

After about a week Otto found his axe that he brought. He went straight out to the woods to go and cut down some wood. It took him about two weeks to cut down enough wood. When he was finished he stopped for 3 days then he started building. It took less time to build the house because they already know what they want it to look like.

Although times for Hattie and Otto were hard, they still made it through. That is the story on Hattie’s b-day box. Thanks for reading my story.

We were finally getting ready to leave. When my brother Spencer said “STOP!” I said “Wait, Wait, Wait.” Then my brother put a wooden box on my lap with my initials. I said “Thank you!” He looked so happy on the inside but he didn’t look so happy on the outside. Oh, my little sister I am going to miss you so much. HE told me that it was going to help me when I needed the most help, so he told me to not open it unless limes get bad. So we finally set of to Nebraska. So when Otto and I got there we got right to building. We knew that we were tiered but we did not want to sleep in the wagon.

Once we were almost done building Otto said, “I am hungry let’s take a break.” I said, “Ok, where is the food?” Otto said, “I don’t know. Didn’t you bring it?”I said, “No.” Then we said, “We forgot the food!” I said, “But we are going to starve.” So we looked everywhere, we could not find it even though it was the middle of nowhere. So we started walking. We couldn’t find anything. Until…

I thought of the box. Oh I was jumping up and down and Otto said, “What?” I said, “The box.” Then we were both jumping up and down! Then I got the box and there was nothing in there. I just wanted to go back to Spencer and kill him and then bring him back to life and skin him. I was so mad. Now I lost hope in everything, we are never going to find food.

So we started to walk. There were no neighbors for 5 or maybe 6 miles. Oh so we just kept on walking. Then we found some neighbors. Their names were Isabella and Dominic. They gave us food. They didn’t even give us a price. It was for free. I was so happy, I didn’t know how to repay them but they didn’t want money. They just wanted us to be happy!

So we walked back home and ate and kept on building, finally we were done. We were forever happy and we knew who to go to if things got bad. Everything was well again.

One sunny warm morning Otto and I packed up for our trip to Nebraska we are going to homestead there. It was long, and boring. The wagon always bumped. The only food that we had were yams, soup, biscuits, and potatoes. We had to sleep under the wagon. Under the wagon there were small, lumpy, bumpy rocks. Also during our ride rats kept getting in our food. The trip to Nebraska was not fun at all. But then 2 months later we got there it was a plain open land with some trees.

So as we start to build the house a storm hits, there is lightning and thunder. It is like a hurricane out there. Me and Otto are hugging each other we are scared and we watch as our house starts blowing down. Otto tells me that “there is no more wood, and no more brick.” That is what made me think of the box.

I found the box were I left it under the seat of the wagon. I tell Otto that we do have wood, and brick because I have this box Spencer gave me. He said that there is something in there that is expensive maybe a gold necklace, or a diamond bracelet. This could help us. So I take the box as I start to open it I realized that there was nothing in there. It feels like my heart stops I am so surprised that Spencer lied. I say to Otto you were right there is no wood, and brick. There is nothing in the box. After I closed it I also realized that the storm was done and our house is gone

We get out from under the wagon go to where the house was and all that was left was broke wood and brick. I say to Otto what are we going to do then Otto said “what if we cut done some of the trees.” I say that is brilliant. So he went and cut some trees came bake and we made a log cabin.

The end!!

One warm morning Hattie and I traveled to Nebraska. It was SO boring and SO long. It took us 4 months. The horses needed to poop a lot. It was a bumpy ride. It also rained a lot.

A shocking, more than shocking event happened. As we got to our land, a wheel FELL OFF! We were so scared. Hattie was crying and crying. Also one of the horses threw up! Even Hattie threw up!

Hattie thought Hope was in that box that her brother Spencer gave her. When she opened it, IT WAS EMPTY! She said “Oh why would my only brother give me an empty box for a wedding present.” I helped her get better. After a bit, she got some hope.

Luckily my dad taught me how to make mud bricks. She was so happy. I built some mud bricks to hold up our wagon up. We were so happy. Now that’s the story of Hattie’s Birthday Box.

I knew that Hattie and I would make it. It was a difficult time. We barely made it. Well thank you for listening! Come back next time.

It was a late and beautiful afternoon and Otto and I were traveling to Nebraska. It was hard to say goodbye to my family and friends, but I had to move on. I had said my goodbyes and headed toward Nebraska waiting for adventure and harmony.

A shocking thing had happened a thunder storm had rolled in I had gotten so scared Otto had told me to calm down and so I thought of happy thoughts and I eventually fell asleep on his shoulder. We had finally arrived and one of our horses had gotten sick so we asked every person in the village where we had landed if anyone was or knew a doctor. When all hope was lost some stranger had come up to us and asked if we needed help with our horse I had told him yes and thanked the Lord. When he said that our horse had eaten something hard like a rock and we had not carried in our wagon and grass or anything she was probably hungry. The doctor had told us that she was not going to live I looked at her as my eyes watered. The next day we buried her right next to where we were going to build our house later that day we had finished our house and went right to sleep when we put the sleeping bags in. Later that day the doctor came to us telling us how much it costs and at the time we did not have any money. So I opened the box hoping that there was wealth in the box but when I opened it… it was EMPTY!! I was so mad that day I could march right back, when you think about it we traveled for 2 months I do not want to go on that trip again. When all hope was lost our neighbors paid for us that cooled me down a lot. Ever since then they have been my best friends!

All of a sudden our house fell down and I was so worried and we had worked so hard on our house I just stared at it. Then I started crying and Otto had saw and he told me not to cry I tried not to. Then Otto came to the rescue and he created with the same materials and he made the house even better and it was so sturdy and warm inside of it. I thanked him over and over and he kept saying it’s no big deal. Then a wheel had broken off our wagon before you knew it Otto was on the job I am so grateful to him, next thing you know he had created two mud bricks to hold up our wagon. I told him that I am so grateful for him. I told him also that I adore him he said the same thing back to me.

I know that Otto and I will make through the hard times with God right beside us. I said a quick prayer telling God thank you once more. I told Otto that we could do it. Then Otto went to go rest and he had passed away in a very peaceful way even though I was sad he was with the Lord!

It was a warm and beautiful afternoon. Otto and Hattie were traveling to Nebraska, because president Thomas Jefferson had a homestead.

A shocking event happened on this day. Otto had gotten bitten by a Black Diamond Rattle Snake. There was no hope left.

Then Hattie had remembered something. Her brother gave her a box.

Then she opened the box. After that there was nothing in there. She thought there was hope inside, but she was wrong.

Then she had an idea. It was to suck the venom out. After she did it other people came there. One was a doctor. So he helped Otto to survive.

Now she knows that he’ll make through. Her neighbors helped her to build their house.