-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas
Iditarod Dream 04/16/12
IPad 3 03/12/12
Poor Rose 02/10/12
Pandas 01/31/12
Forest 01/24/12
Cheetahs 01/19/12
Ben Franklin 12/14/11
My Trip to Nebraska 12/01/11
Mayflower 11/08/11
Ben Jonhson quote 10/04/11
Everglades 09/29/11
American Music 09/13/11

I am going to talk about the Iditarod Dream. Well I will start with the boy. His name was Dusty. Dusty is running a race with his dogs. He had to make a trip to the south to deliver some medicine. He had done the same thing last year and he remembers the temperature thirty-below-zero and how his glasses were coated with ice and how he couldn’t see the trail not one bit. But instead of getting 1st he still got a good place 4th. He replaced his glasses with contact lenses and his team was better than ever. If he couldn’t see the track anymore he wishes that his dogs would lead him the way.

The day before the race they gathered in a little area and they called it a pre-race meeting. During the pre-race meeting they were choosing there positions and he picked the position number (#) 6 a good position he had did the same number last year as well. He sees familiar faces from last year like Andy Willis the favorite to win this year and Dusty was determined. Noah Burmeister who had come all the way from Nome. Dusty went with his father for his final nights sleep before the race

The next morning was the day of the race he and his father arrived early 2 hours earlier and it is zero degrees which is perfect for the dogs, and if it gets any warmer then the dogs would over heat. The race begins on frozen Lake Lucille and 79 miles north through the forests, over windswept swamps, and up the ice covered Yentna River to a cabin called Yentna Station, the halfway point.

Dusty is in the lead and he sees no one in sight. At the end he wins the race and how delighted he is! Every one thinks he is hurting his dogs but that is a lie, even ask their parents if you don’t believe me. He respects his dogs just the way he respects his friends and family and treats every one and every thing equally.

Dear Aunty Kim,

I have been waiting for this moment in life. I wanted to ask you if you would get me and IPad 3. I think I deserve it because I am a hard worker in school and since I am now getting allowance in like 4 or 5 months I could pay it all or I could at least pay of the bill. And once you get it you don’t have to pay for the Pad any more all you have to pay for is the apps which only cost 99 cents and garage band only costs $2.00 and it can help me with music class with Mr. Lippman.

If you get me it then I could download reading games that help me with my academics, math games and so on. Maybe if it helped I could do better on tests and get better grades and better test scores on AIMs. And when I get better grades on my tests and I pass 5th grade and my tests scores are higher than last year then that means I get better education and I could get in better and more fun classes instead of boring classes. I could go to a better college and I can be whatever I want to be like a doctor, or a track star, and the first female president. Those can help me with just one IPad 3.

If your are still not persuaded and you want to download the music all to yourself then I have an idea. Maybe if you get it for me then I could download some music that I like and I know you sometimes don’t like the music that I like to listen to, and I also know you might not want to play and download the same games that I want to download so that’s only one of the ideas wait until you hear the next one. the other way is that we could share another way is you could have it for 2 days and then I could have it for 2 days and we just keep switching off day by day.

It would be really awesome if you could purchase this item for me, if you do I could download stuff to help me with my academics, then I could get better programs in middle school and have more education and instead of boring classes I could have the fun ones too. And you know everybody has one and is using one, all my friends say it is cool and very awesome and useful and lastly we could share and download the apps you want we could share the music by you downloading the apps you want and me downloading the apps I want. Well I really want this app if you could purchase this item then I would be very pleased!

there once was a girl named rose

who had a very big nose

her nose was on the run

it wasnt very fun

because she had so many blows

Pandas

Cuddly, Fluffly

always eating bamboo

waiting to be held

Ti Kung

As I walk into the forest I feel a chill going up my spine. As I walked in I felt the most weirdest feeling like the wind was calling me. What will happen if I go in, are creatures in there? I have to be brave, no matter what happens I will never be scared of the forest!

Cheetahs are awesome

They are fast and furious

Cheetahs are the best

Ben Franklins Big Ideas

By: Chante H.

Ben Franklin had some big ideas that would change the world. I am going to tell you only a few of them. I think you will enjoy this essay that I am writing. If you seemed persuaded enough then keep on reading.

Did you know that Ben Franklin published his 1st edition of the almanac in 1733? Ben Franklin created the almanac and he named it “Poor Richards Almanac” and he put the weather, how to book, when the sun rises and when the sun sets. In a few years Ben Franklin was selling 10,000 copies of an almanac every year. He kept it up. By the time he was 40 and he had the big idea. By then he had 2 children. Their names were William Temple who was 17, and Sarah who was 2. (He had a 3rd child named Francis but he had died when he was only 4 years old.)

The big idea had something to do with electricity. Ben Franklin wanted to prove that electricity and lightning were the same. He tried killing a turkey with electricity instead he almost killed himself. He learned the difference from electricity and things. That is what I have learned about Ben Franklin and his big ideas.

It was a late and beautiful afternoon and Otto and I were traveling to Nebraska. It was hard to say goodbye to my family and friends, but I had to move on. I had said my goodbyes and headed toward Nebraska waiting for adventure and harmony.

A shocking thing had happened a thunder storm had rolled in I had gotten so scared Otto had told me to calm down and so I thought of happy thoughts and I eventually fell asleep on his shoulder. We had finally arrived and one of our horses had gotten sick so we asked every person in the village where we had landed if anyone was or knew a doctor. When all hope was lost some stranger had come up to us and asked if we needed help with our horse I had told him yes and thanked the Lord. When he said that our horse had eaten something hard like a rock and we had not carried in our wagon and grass or anything she was probably hungry. The doctor had told us that she was not going to live I looked at her as my eyes watered. The next day we buried her right next to where we were going to build our house later that day we had finished our house and went right to sleep when we put the sleeping bags in. Later that day the doctor came to us telling us how much it costs and at the time we did not have any money. So I opened the box hoping that there was wealth in the box but when I opened it… it was EMPTY!! I was so mad that day I could march right back, when you think about it we traveled for 2 months I do not want to go on that trip again. When all hope was lost our neighbors paid for us that cooled me down a lot. Ever since then they have been my best friends!

All of a sudden our house fell down and I was so worried and we had worked so hard on our house I just stared at it. Then I started crying and Otto had saw and he told me not to cry I tried not to. Then Otto came to the rescue and he created with the same materials and he made the house even better and it was so sturdy and warm inside of it. I thanked him over and over and he kept saying it’s no big deal. Then a wheel had broken off our wagon before you knew it Otto was on the job I am so grateful to him, next thing you know he had created two mud bricks to hold up our wagon. I told him that I am so grateful for him. I told him also that I adore him he said the same thing back to me.

I know that Otto and I will make through the hard times with God right beside us. I said a quick prayer telling God thank you once more. I told Otto that we could do it. Then Otto went to go rest and he had passed away in a very peaceful way even though I was sad he was with the Lord!

4-20-1620

Dear Bella,

You will never guess what I am doing tomorrow! I am going on the Mayflower, I am excited but then I am scared. We will start our long journey to a new land. I have a lot of questions on my mind like what if the is a big storm and I get electrocuted and I don’t live, or what if someone goes overboard, or what if there is a storm and the food gets soggy? What if we run out of food on the trip? I am on such a big adventure. I sure will miss you during the trip, wish me luck!

I was so scared last night there was a huge storm. I felt the boat rocking back and forth. Soon the sun came out just when I felt dry, I saw more clouds gathering. Then the storm had come I heard the thunder roared through the night “Crash, crash” I got so scared that I clung to my mother’s hand, I don’t usually do that. The thunder was as loud as cannons. I could hear the wind. It was so strong that it shook the ship so hard that someone got washed overboard, luckily he had caught on to a rope and he was pulled to safety and his life was saved. People got soaking wet and got so sick that some of the people died and did not get to see the new land and never got the freedom that they always wanted, I stared then prayed for a moment. For my pray I said that god bless them and I hope they are happy with you living in your kingdom, Amen.

Just when I thought my mother had passed away a miracle happened. Someone had come with some medicine I begged and begged then they had asked me why I said because my mother she is dyeing then he and I rushed to my mother and her life was saved I told him thank you and he said you’re welcome. Just when all hope was lost one of the sailors said “land’s ahead” we hardly believe him but a few hours later we saw bits of sand, fishes and clams. A small boat full of people filled the boat and went searching to see what they could find or if the land was dangerous. They said that land was safe so we all went to shore that day we had finally ate fresh food for the 1st time in 9 weeks I ate so many that my stomach got sick. Soon winter had come and it was freezing and many died again. We had finally found the perfect place and as the years passed our small piece of land turned in to a small town. That was that the time I will never forget. Maybe you can come one time and visit me, see you later.

From,

Chante

This is the reason I think Ben Johnson said William was not of age but for all time. He might have said that because they want everyone to remember William Shakespeare. They do not want people to forget him. Ben Johnson said he was not of age but for all time he meant that William Shakespeare was too young to die. He died on his 52nd birthday. He was not that old. That is what I think William Shakespeare meant that William was not of age but for all time.

First there was sunshine on a blue-green sea. It was the age of the seashells. During the age of the seashells the seashells formed a rock called limestone on the bottom of the sea. Over the eons the sea began to lose more water and the rock became land. Then moss, ferns, grass and trees grew. Then rain came and gushed and rushed from the clouds, and the rain made holes and the holes filled up with rain. That is how the Everglades started.

This is what American Music is to me. American Music is instruments.Some of them that I going to be talking about is the guitar,drums and singing.The guitar is my favorite instrument.I love it because when you know how to play it, it sounds soo good.I have a set of drums the sound so good and the have a funky beat.Lastly is singing.Singing helps your valculcords, then you could sound a lot better.When singing you have to breath a ceartain way. That is what American Music is to me.