My Blog-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Have you ever heard of Babe Ruth? Well if you haven’t then I’m going to tell you about him. Babe Ruth was born in February 6, 1895. Babe Ruth died on August 16, 1948 by cancer.

Babe Ruth was one of the first five players to be elected into the National Hall of Fame. Fans say that he’s the best player ever I Yankees History. Babe’s Ruth’s father worked with him to hit and field.

He was sold to the Yankees in 1919. He converted to a full time right fielder. Babe Ruth pitched with the Red Sox in 1914. Ruth was a lefty for hitting, and throwing. He played with the Red Sox in 1914-1919.

Babe Ruth was the first player to hit 60 homeruns in one season in 1927. His lifetime record was 714 homeruns. Babe Ruth’s nickname was “the Bambino” and “the Sultan of Swat”. The total hits for all of the seasons is 2,873. He played with the Yankees in 1920-1934.

Thank you for reading I hope you learned about Babe Ruth a lot! And that’s what I thought Babe Ruth!

The three elements that I picked and they are Neon, Hydrogen, and Helium. Also I’m going to tell you how the three elements were discovered and what the symbol, and when it was discovered.

Neon:

Neon was discovered in 1898 by Sir William Ramsay. Neon is the second lightest inert gas. Neon’s atomic weight is 20.1797 and atomic number 10. The symbol for neon is NE. Neon is also a bright light that is on signs and glow sticks.

Hydrogen:

In 1766, Henry Cavendish was the first to recognize hydrogen gas as a discrete substance and in the 18th century. Hydrogen is the chemical element with atomic number one. Hydrogen is the lightest element. The symbol for hydrogen is H. Hydrogen is gas that goes into your car.

Helium:

Helium is the chemical element with atomic number two and an atomic weight of 4.002602. On Earth it is relatively rare 0.00052% by volume in the atmosphere. The symbol for helium is HE. If you inhale helium your voice will change funny.

I picked Neon, Hydrogen, and Helium because I think they were easy to do. Also they looked interesting to me. Thanks for reading and I hoped you liked it!

Last year for the summer it was a lot fun. But this summer was supposed to be a lot of fun too until Bolivia came. Derek and Rory had to spend the whole summer with Bolivia, when Bolivia came Rory made a serious vow to never talk to Bolivia. At the end Derek and Rory started talking to Bolivia.

Bolivia, Derek and Rory decided to go swimming. When they got there Bolivia and Derek were so excited they wanted to jump in, but Rory didn’t know how to swim. Bolivia and Derek didn’t know that Rory couldn’t swim.

Bolivia and Derek wanted Rory to go in the pool, but Rory couldn’t swim. Rory was walking around the pool and there was some water then Rory slipped into the pool and drowned. Bolivia and Derek saw him and they were trying to save him, but they couldn’t. So they called the life guard and the life guard came into the pool.

The life guard didn’t know how to do CPR. So then they called the Ambulance and took him straight to the hospital. Bolivia and Derek were waiting for Rory. Rory’s doctor saved him! But he was tired so we had to go home.

That was the worst summer ever! We were so glad that Rory was alive. Thanks for reading!

Do you know how the racers and the dogs were protected, when they did the Jr. Iditarod? Well keep reading on to find out more!

Racers must have 2 lbs. of food per dog in case of an emergency, so the dogs can eat and not be starving. They need food because they're going to be out there for weeks. The day before the race the dogs eat 4 lbs. to get ready for the race.

The checkpoint is when they check the racers and the dogs. Then if the racers haven’t come through the checkpoints then the people look for the racers, then there’s the half way point where racers have to stay for 10 hours. So they can feed the dogs and make the fire with the wood. Then in the morning they start going again.

After the whole Jr. Iditarod race they check the dogs feet to make sure they're safe. When they check the dogs they see if the dogs have cracks on their feet. If the dogs have cracks on their feet then they put booties on them.

Now you will remember what I told you about the Jr. Iditarod. So thank you for reading!

Dear Mom and Dad, March, 7, 2012

I’m writing this letter for you guys and it’s about why I should have an iPad. But don’t stop reading yet. I’m going to tell you more I think I should have one for my birthday I have good grades like 3’s and 4’s and not 1’s and 2’s! If you get me one I will keep up my grades up and be better in school!

If I get my iPad then I will share with our family and get educational apps like flash cards and a spelling app and I will get apps just like I have on my IPod. Also get apps for Dante my brother, also for everyone! The IPad is cheaper than a computer the iPad is $399.99 and it’s the IPad 2 if you want to see it then go to www.apple.com.

If you buy me one I will pay half of it with my money and then you pay the rest. You also could order it from online. Also it takes really good pictures the video’s are bigger and better. Then an iPod touch and I think I want to trade my iPod touch for an iPad.

I hope you will agree with me and will buy it for me on my birthday! So pretty PLEASE=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!

Sincerely, Ayana C.

There once was a girl named Jill

Who had to pay her bill

The bill was high

As the sky

To get away from the bill,she ran away to Brazil

Softball is easy,

Softball is like a sentence

Softball is so cool!

One beautiful morning Otto and me went to Nebraska after our beautiful wedding we said bye to everyone cried but before we left my brother Spencer gave me a wooden box. He said just use it for hard time’s or even worse time’s.

We arrived in Nebraska but we forgot where to go in Nebraska. So we kept on thinking and thinking and we get anything. So I was thinking of opening the box but I don’t know yet.

So we couldn’t think so I’m going to open the box . . . . . wait a minute there’s nothing in here. Maybe if I think it will work. I worked I remembered! I told Otto where we are and he got exited and told the driver.

We got home and put everything in the house before we lay down and rest cause it was a long ride. A few years later Otto died and I this time again I’m opening the box because this is a hard time.

When I went down to the nursing home in Washington, DC for my brother Spencer. It looked like he was nervous to see me. I sat next to him and he asked me about the box and he said are you mad when I lied to you. I said no it really helped me with my hard times.

Dear mom, 11-04-1620

How are you doing? Leslie and me miss you so much. I hope you see Leslie and me soon and I love you. We just got on the Mayflower. It’s so packed on the Mayflower I hope there’s no storm.

You cannot believe how much people gotten sick. I hope Leslie and me don’t get sick. Or we will get really sick and die. I don’t want that to happen. Good thing you didn’t go then you will get sick.

Two days later. Leslie got sick really sick. She didn’t want anything to eat. So we didn’t know what to do and I hope we find medicine for everyone hopefully.

A few days later some person found medicine in the boat for everyone. Then everyone got better. Everything got better because there’s no more sickness. Are you getting sick? I hope you aren’t sick then that will be bad.

Now where finally here at the unknown village. We hope to see you again someday. I love you so much. Come and see our new settlement it’s very nice and really big.

Sincerely, Ayana Cortez

I’m going to tell you about Ben Franklin’s big ideas. He had some wonderful ideas that helped people. I hope you learn a lot from my essay.

Did you know that Ben Franklin created the almanac? Well in his almanac there is a weather forecast, when to plant plants, when the moon came up and down and he published it in 1773. In two years he sold 10,000 copies.

Another idea he did was that lighting and electricity are the same. Because if you don’t have a electricity rod the lighting will burn down your house. Then you have a house.

Ben Franklin helped out the revolutionary war. By asking France helped they gave more money and sent soldiers and did everything for them. When he went to France they liked him so much that they hung up pictures of him and in there jewelry and when to go see the king he was all plain and they still like him.

Ben Franklin did a lot for us. He provided so many wonderful ideas. I’m sure still benefiting from his big ideas.